• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GIRLS CHAMPIONS!!

Started by HOOPSTER, March 03, 2014, 09:17:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HOOPSTER

From what I seen this weekend, The Spring Hill Lady Bears are in a class of their own!!! They are like the Titanic- unsinkable!! Except I don't see an iceberg in AA. They haven't even been tested and won't be. I have no dog in the fight but just call it like I see it!! They have more talent than the Lady Razorbacks. I just want to know is Hope and Genoa going to help pay for their Championship Rings??

BigLion10

Spring hill has the talent no doubt but yall came on here last year saying that and got beat better hope lightning doesn't strike twice

Steves68Nova

I am just glad Mountainburg does not have to play them until the finals. Hopeing a few of our fellow 2a-4 west  JC Westside team might take them down. Or maybe Marmaduke.

OwlsR1

Spring Hill peeps are not the ones stating all this.  Some poster that has one post.  We will take it one game at a time.

Steves68Nova

Spoken like a person who has been burned before. Good luck unless you meet the Mountainburg girls.

redrider30

March 03, 2014, 11:40:08 am #5 Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 11:54:51 am by redrider30
Keep on talking. I guarantee the other 15 teams will show up this week in Hampton. Remember how unbeatable EPC boys were supposed to be last year. Oh and the last time I checked the Titanic was still at the bottom of the North Atlantic.
P.S. Thanks Hoopster for the bulletin board material.

Lions84

Brinkley Girls are pretty Salty.

Dr. Gonzo

Spring Hill girls play great together as a team they have mercy ruled every one I watched them play in the district and regional tournaments! They have a great point guard that sees the floor amazingly well. Haven't had the pleasure of seeing some of the other teams but the Lady Bears are a team to watch!

redrider30

Sounds like to me that their district and region is weak. They were the only team ranked all year out of their region. Maybe they've played a tough out of conference schedule. Sometimes mercy ruling everybody until you get to the state is not a good thing. Doesn't sound like they have been tested but they won't be able to say that at this time next week.

mtindian42

with a little luck marked tree could bring it home...

BoxNOne

Indian, optimism is a great thing but it will take more than a little luck for the Lady Indians to win it. Marmaduke has beaten MT by around 20 three times this year. That being said good luck to MT as stranger things have happened.

mtindian42

birds of a feather flock togeather man...and thanks we will need it...im sure.

True Fan

Hoopster is probably the same person who posted as official last year. Threw in the Hope and Genoa reference to throw off suspicion.  ;D

Spring Hill looked better to me than they were last year. It was earlier in the season when I saw them. Looking at the way they are finishing, they will be in the mix.

Like all of the teams with a chance, a lot will depend on the style of the officials in the upcoming games. Things will called that teams haven't seen all year. Usually just early in the game, then anything goes.

Personally, I would coach my team to play hard and bend every rule in the book. In tournament play, district and regional, the only thing that I have seen that is consistent is that the refs do their level best to keep the games on schedule. No-calls and jump balls like peewee jamboree.

Steves68Nova

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 03, 2014, 03:52:49 pm
Indian, optimism is a great thing but it will take more than a little luck for the Lady Indians to win it. Marmaduke has beaten MT by around 20 three times this year. That being said good luck to MT as stranger things have happened.

I told my neice the very same thing. I told her her team "was ripe for the plucking" and "They have nothing to lose and everything to gain". Mountainburg had beaten JC Westside 3 times already. JCW made it a very good game and it easily could have been a lot different if MB had been cold. They did not pull away till the 4th and even then only by 10. A couple of 3's and they are back in the game.

Dr. Gonzo

Is there anywhere I can watch a marmaduke girls game online I would love to see them play before I watch them live in Hampton also if you can tell me where I can see a CR boys game I would appreciate it!

ISU7

Quote from: HOOPSTER on March 03, 2014, 09:17:52 am
From what I seen this weekend, The Spring Hill Lady Bears are in a class of their own!!! They are like the Titanic- unsinkable!! Except I don't see an iceberg in AA. They haven't even been tested and won't be. I have no dog in the fight but just call it like I see it!! They have more talent than the Lady Razorbacks. I just want to know is Hope and Genoa going to help pay for their Championship Rings??
The lady razorbacks would SMOKE SpringHill. Are the undefeated in High School ball...lol

redrider30

Marmaduke is 36-4. Four losses-Manila in 3A state, Valley View in 4A state(won regional)Rivercrest in 3a state(won regional)and Rector who was ranked #2 in 2A for over a month and lost point guard to injury.

HOOPSTER

Im just saying what I saw this weekend. I was at the tournament in Gurdon and for the record I am a GO-DEVIL through and through and just knowing from what I have seen out of the Lady Bears this year. I just don't see them getting beat. Its the way they won. Mercy rule every team by half time. They are for real!!! I hope they win cause they represent our conference. They are just so talented and don't see anything matching up with them. Most of them are better athletes than the football players from there. We will see!!

redrider30

If you haven't seen anybody else how can you say that Moutainburg, Marmaduke, Brinkley, or some other team can't match up with them. It alright to be for your team but be realistic.

Dr. Gonzo

That is exactly why I asked about a way to see the other teams, I actually don't have any ties to any of these schools I was a Delight Bulldog, I just love basketball. I coached most of the Blevins starters when they were in 3rd and 4th grade peewee. I can say that it will take a team that plays great team ball to beat Spring Hill. They play together so well no one is selfish they are fun to watch. I can't say they will win it all because I have not watched the other teams but they are good enough to make it.

redrider30

HOOPSTER

i have all the proof I need to back up my statement! SH should have won it last year and there is just not the competition this year to beat them. They are the only undefeated team in the state. Mercy ruled just about every opponent they have faced this year and no other school in girls class AA can back that up or match it. I am not trash talking just pointing out facts that are obvious.

True Fan

Quote from: HOOPSTER on March 03, 2014, 09:45:01 pm
i have all the proof I need to back up my statement! SH should have won it last year and there is just not the competition this year to beat them. They are the only undefeated team in the state. Mercy ruled just about every opponent they have faced this year and no other school in girls class AA can back that up or match it. I am not trash talking just pointing out facts that are obvious.

Maybe. They could have won it last year. Some had them favored two years ago, as well. In January, they only beat Magnet Cove by one. MC finished 2nd in their district and 3rd in their region. As good as SH is, they will see better competition down the stretch than they have been playing on continuous nights. Plus, they may see teams that they aren't as familiar with. An number of little things can throw a team out of sync. I'd say they are a favorite, but don't order the rings just yet.

BoxNOne

Quote from: HOOPSTER on March 03, 2014, 09:45:01 pm

If SH should have won it last year, how come they didn't?

Rothie

They didn't win it last year for the same reason I am worried going into State again this year,  because their conference is weak and regional as well(the State champions last year). They mercy rule everyone so when they are pushed they do not have the stamina to go the full game. They are only 7 deep. They coach has done a better job of making them play more minutes so thats why some of the scores were so lop sided. I will be cheering them on every step of the way no matter when the run ends. Don't know anything about first team but if they get past it the second round will be a good test.
Play good and you normally keep playing,  play bad and its off to softball season

BoxNOne

They should have no problems in the first round but the game still has to be played.

redrider30

Hey Hoopster remember the Titanic, next time you might want to compare them to the Hindenburg or maybe the Challenger. Maybe you don't see a lightning bolt or freezing weather in 2A like you don't see an iceberg. Guess what none of the three above saw it coming either but there all gone just the same!

HOOPSTER

I wasn't born yet when those things happen, but I tell u what I don't see either; a team in AA beating SH. Magnet Cove also got mercy ruled by SH earlier this year as well. That was three months ago. They are better now and are a good team that is peaking at the right time. Time will tell. Get back with me after the tournament is over.

True Fan

Quote from: HOOPSTER on March 05, 2014, 12:18:28 pm
Magnet Cove also got mercy ruled by SH earlier this year as well.

No, they didn't.

OwlsR1

Think they won by around 20 pts in that first game...don't remember the particulars, was too long ago for an old man.

redrider30

Keep on bragging Hoopster. Why don't you call Baylor and when SH is finished with them you can call UCONN so they will have someone to play this week.
All the rest of the teams can just play for 2nd so they don't get embarassed by SH.

True Fan

Quote from: OwlsR1 on March 05, 2014, 03:28:28 pm
Think they won by around 20 pts in that first game...don't remember the particulars, was too long ago for an old man.

I think it was 19. (Looked it up. 62-43) MC could not hit a shot in the first half. Seems like it was around 35-18 at the half. SH answered every time MC made a run in the second half. The gap stayed around 10 most of the second. It was a better game than a mercy rule.

SH scored 2 more than than MC in the second half and 1 more than MC in the second game.

Spring Hill may win it all, but they are going to have to work for it.  ;)

HOOPSTER

Good idea REDRIDER may just do that?
!

HOOPSTER

I have seen their results from the games they all have played and got beat by. If you think any of those teams can compete then you are crazy...

redrider30

Head Lion

Quote from: redrider30 on March 03, 2014, 05:23:11 pm
Marmaduke is 36-4. Four losses-Manila in 3A state, Valley View in 4A state(won regional)Rivercrest in 3a state(won regional)and Rector who was ranked #2 in 2A for over a month and lost point guard to injury.
Best of luck to Coach Smith and the Lady Marmaduke Greyhounds!

ak58

how many starters did Marmaduke loose from last years team?

BoxNOne

They lost all of their starters. However, the Bopp girl was probably their best player last year as the sixth man.

Basketballfan13

Marmaduke isn't very good. If they get lucky enough to make it SH in the semi's they will get blown out!

ak58

so did most of mdukes wins come against weak opponents?

Timberwolf08

Marmaduke is a good team. Had a ton of depth last year and still very well coached despite losing a large senior class. They'll have their work cut out for them with SHE, though.

ak58

I agree. Very well  coached. In my opinion that's how they beat SH last year by 8. Out coached and of course playing on there home court.

BoxNOne

Marmaduke girls program is one of the best in 2A year in and year out. They will be tough for the next few years as they had a 30 win jr high team this year and don't lose much off sr high this year.All that being said, that state championship may have to wait till next year. I have a Spring Hill vs Mountainburg final this season. I do believe that they have a chance against Spring Hill maybe just not a good one. By the way, I am not a Marmaduke fan.

ak58

Does Marmaduke have a football program? Or is it primarily a basketball school?

BoxNOne

Sweet

The last sentence of Hoopsters original comment tells it all. Just a troll looking to create bulletin board material for other teams.

Just like every previous year it is not wise to bet on much past the first round.

HOOPSTER

I can tell you this, i will bet on SH and you can have the field? From what I have seen the last two days, i am a lot more confident is them winning it all now.
Football and Marma who don't need to be in same sentence together ever!
I am just as much an expert in football as I am in basketball. Wait til FB season and I will prove that to you all as well. I am so excited about us getting our new FB coach!!! While its out there, anyone know who it will be? Gurdon?

BoxNOne

I think Hoopster may be right about Spring Hill. Their mauling of Salem is the worst I remember in a state tourney. 45 point lead after 3 quarters. Probably running score up but still impressive.

NoPlace2

I listened on a poor radio station but sounded like they left their starters in pretty much until 4th Q and pressed the entire game  - Salem obviously outmatched but there was a bundle of fouls  - both ways. Nearly every game I've seen this year or listened to on radio seems to be all about the Refs. Thinks AR needs to do some revamping there.

MomaLion

There's no need in that, just point hogs trying to embarrass the other team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas