• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Basketball 2016-2017

Started by WPWells, November 12, 2016, 09:49:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

The more they win the better we look

BannerMountainMan

And Houston now beats #25 Rhode island

bdubyab60

Pulled away in the end in this one.

BannerMountainMan

Arkansas received 6 votes to be in Top 25

Longfellow

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 11, 2016, 11:50:49 am
Arkansas received 6 votes to be in Top 25
In the USA Today poll. No votes in the AP poll

Coach Venny Slocombe

Wow, big win last night. The Ospreys will be a tourney team for sure. We have beat half the tourney teams so far. How we will not be a top four seed in the dance would be crazy... :o

And for the record, Hannah's should be in the game unless he is hurt... ;)

bdubyab60

I don't see anyone claiming that. But any win is good. Some are looking better than others since those teams for now have shown to be better than what some thought. May not stay like that but for now it looks ok.

As far as Hannah's he's starting to get it going again

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 11, 2016, 03:53:58 pm
I don't see anyone claiming that. But any win is good. Some are looking better than others since those teams for now have shown to be better than what some thought. May not stay like that but for now it looks ok.

As far as Hannah's he's starting to get it going again
Yeah it was sarcasm...there are a couple on here claiming every team we play is a tourney team. Too early for any of that junk...Hannah's comment was serious though...

BannerMountainMan

All I'm saying is all these scrub teams we are playing have beaten a top 25 team or two so maybe they aren't bad. You get me.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 11, 2016, 04:21:31 pm
Yeah it was sarcasm...there are a couple on here claiming every team we play is a tourney team. Too early for any of that junk...Hannah's comment was serious though...
Probably on Hogville lol. A lot of those guys probably have us running the table.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: bdubyab60 on December 11, 2016, 07:15:31 pm
Probably on Hogville lol. A lot of those guys probably have us running the table.
lol...you may want to check the post above yours...he thinks we could beat the Cav's...lol...

bdubyab60

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on December 11, 2016, 11:12:02 pm
lol...you may want to check the post above yours...he thinks we could beat the Cav's...lol...
Maybe lol. But we have played a little better and should continue to get better. This is a borderline tourney team and is going to have to win some games it's not supposed to by the end of the year to get in.

I'm a believer that the good old days are gone, at least for now. I was upset at the MN loss, not because we lost but for the most part we looked like crap. Those happen though and we probably have a couple more. Teams with size that take care of the ball are going to give us fits.

BannerMountainMan

How do y'all think we fair against mediocre Texas?  but it's not at Bud Walton so there ain't no telling what to expect.

WPWells

I hope we win! I think it'll be a good game - Fastest 40 vs. Havoc. We could see a lot of points

beach bum

We must find a way to win this.....

BannerMountainMan

BannerMountainMan

Is there even any refs in this game, Arkansas getting murdered and no calls

WPWells

And Texas is getting everything. It's ridiculous

ricepig

BannerMountainMan

Great win! If we win next two, go 11-1 into SEC play and somehow beat Florida we be ranked.

WPWells

beach bum

December 17, 2016, 05:35:30 pm #121 Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 09:04:54 pm by beach bum
Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 17, 2016, 04:06:21 pm
Great win! If we win next two, go 11-1 into SEC play and somehow beat Florida we be ranked.

I am getting a little excited myself thinking of the potential. I am a little worried about that Sam Houston State game as silly as that sounds. They have 7 or 8 wins themselves and that game is on Thursday away from home after our Tuesday game at Bud Walton. That is a quick turn around and a trap game.

bdubyab60

A little crazy at the end but got the W

beach bum

Malik Monk drops 47 on North Carolina in a 103-100 Kentucky win..... He doesn't even have close to an NBA body. When he muscles up over time he is going to be something in the pros. You just see it.

mack

Who is Malik Monk......

These guys have only had what, 8 games together?  They should get better and better as the year goes on.

ricepig

Quote from: mack on December 17, 2016, 08:39:42 pm
Who is Malik Monk......

These guys have only had what, 8 games together?  They should get better and better as the year goes on.

Some guy that put up 47 tonight, but we didn't need him.....

beach bum

Too bad that game against Kentucky is not in Fayetteville... Imagine if we get to 13-1 going into Kentucky. Bud Walton would have actually sold out with Monk coming to town and the crowd would have been insane. Stinks we have to go to Rupp.

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on December 17, 2016, 06:55:02 pm
Malik Monk drops 47 on North Carolina in a 103-100 Kentucky win..... He doesn't even have close to an NBA body. When he muscles up over time he is going to be something in the pros. You just see it.
Taysean Prince didn't and neither does Kevin Durant. Yeah they are taller but are still slight in build compared to their height.

He would have given us another 2-4 wins I think.

mack

Nah Rice.... He didn't need us.  I hope he and Kevaughn go on to make a ton of money, but I could care less about watching them....

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: mack on December 17, 2016, 09:05:49 pm
Nah Rice.... He didn't need us.  I hope he and Kevaughn go on to make a ton of money, but I could care less about watching them....
same +1

ricepig

Quote from: mack on December 17, 2016, 09:05:49 pm

I actually didn't watch any of it, but his scoring was being updated by someone in my twitter timeline. I hope the lose every game, I'm no Calipari fan.

Romeo

I still think losing Monk to Kentucky was like if McFadden chose Alabama over Arkansas. However, its hard to argue he made the wrong decision. Sellout crowds every game, more television exposure and your pretty much treated like a rock star as a Kentucky player. Meanwhile, we have to move fans sitting in the upper deck down to the front row to make the crowd look respectable. The interest in Arkansas Basketball just isn't the same as it was in the 90s.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Romeo on December 18, 2016, 12:48:04 pm
I still think losing Monk to Kentucky was like if McFadden chose Alabama over Arkansas. However, its hard to argue he made the wrong decision. Sellout crowds every game, more television exposure and your pretty much treated like a rock star as a Kentucky player. Meanwhile, we have to move fans sitting in the upper deck down to the front row to make the crowd look respectable. The interest in Arkansas Basketball just isn't the same as it was in the 90s.
guarentee you it'll be like that if we keep on winning. Just gotta hope!!

mack

We're competitive.  This team will get better.  We will always have trouble recovering from early exits  to the NBA.  Portis and Qualls stay one more year, and we're not hearing all the gripes.  I think we dance the next two years, and then it gets even better!

ricepig

Quote from: mack on December 18, 2016, 04:41:12 pm
We're competitive.  This team will get better.  We will always have trouble recovering from early exits  to the NBA.  Portis and Qualls stay one more year, and we're not hearing all the gripes.  I think we dance the next two years, and then it gets even better!

We need to, the natives are starting to get a little nervous. It's obvious we have signed and or committed some real good talent, but we can't wait forever.

beach bum

December 18, 2016, 06:22:47 pm #135 Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 06:24:23 pm by beach bum
I am putting the magic number for Arkansas to get to the NCAA no problems/take it to the bank at 24 wins.... That sounds very high, but will be needed. Win the next two and we start 11-1. If we lose to OK State in January then we will need a 12-6 SEC record and one win at the SEC tourney for 24 total. If we beat OK State and hold two wins against the Big 12 away from Bud Walton I say only an 11-7 SEC record will get the job done(possibly only 10-8 would then do the trick cause the committee really loves non conference wins away from home).... I know 24 sounds like a high number needed, but I am saying what is needed to cash the check at the NCAA bid bank no questions asked! Does that sound roughly right to you? I think we could do it with 1 or 2 less wins, but would need some helping out from other teams.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: beach bum on December 18, 2016, 06:22:47 pm
I am putting the magic number for Arkansas to get to the NCAA no problems/take it to the bank at 24 wins.... That sounds very high, but will be needed. Win the next two and we start 11-1. If we lose to OK State in January then we will need a 12-6 SEC record and one win at the SEC tourney for 24 total. If we beat OK State and hold two wins against the Big 12 away from Bud Walton I say only an 11-7 SEC record will get the job done(possibly only 10-8 would then do the trick cause the committee really loves non conference wins away from home).... I know 24 sounds like a high number needed, but I am saying what is needed to cash the check at the NCAA bid bank no questions asked! Does that sound roughly right to you? I think we could do it with 1 or 2 less wins, but would need some helping out from other teams.
2 SEC tourney wins would help also

beach bum

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on December 18, 2016, 06:26:12 pm
2 SEC tourney wins would help also

Oh yes, I agree. I am not really a fan of punishing or jumping a team up favorably a bunch by their conference tourney, but you are certainly are right the committee loves those extra conference tourney wins.

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on December 18, 2016, 06:22:47 pm

Unfortunately, it sounds about right. I liked it when we played 2 or 3 "name" teams and won at least 2/3. Then we could go 10-8, 11-7 in conference and not sweat it out. It seems now due to our weak conference, we have to go 12-6 and kill the rest of the schedule.

Coach Venny Slocombe

I have only watched three games this season, but I like what I see so far. The Minnesota loss hurts but it is what it is. We will get better, but 24 wins will be tough...

As for Monk, I hate Kentucky and Cal...but Monk is a Arkansas kid and I am glad he is doing well. He chose Kentucky for obvious reasons that Arkansas could not provide. He did what was best for him and his career...

BannerMountainMan

24 wins will be tough but I believe 23 will do the trick and that's counting at least 1 win in the SEC tourney. But we ought to win every home game (Florida maybe) so that's 9 and there's 3 or 4 gimme losses like Missouri and a few more(I'd hope)

bdubyab60

Looking like a little bit of layover from Texas. But NDst plays a tough game though

ricepig

NDSU wanted to slow down the pace tonight, and force us to run some offense. Thanks to Dusty we covered the spread, lol.

bdubyab60

Yeah that was a deep three he closed it out with

BannerMountainMan

Verizon was packed tonight!! Haven't ever seen it like that!!

Lumberjackfan1978

Yeah good crowd tonight in Little Rock for the Hogs

WPWells

Good win over another team who's their conference' preseason favorite

beach bum

Anyone going to be at the Florida game on Thursday?

WPWells

Hoping to catch some of it at my hotel after the Belk Bowl.

beach bum

They are expecting a pretty good crowd. I heard they have been trying to get the word out about the reduced $15 tickets for this game. I hope that gets people in Bud Walton and I would love to see a wild crowd and send the Gators back to Gainesville with a loss.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas