• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 3 @ Melbourne

Started by Head Lion, February 17, 2018, 12:37:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

Might as well start it up, local eateries & etc

eamo8911

February 17, 2018, 01:17:33 pm #1 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 01:19:53 pm by eamo8911
American Burger Center and Bailey's Country Cookin are the go-to. Also a Mexican place that is acceptable, Sonic, Subway, and the Red Mule for pizza. (Best pizza in Izard County)

For this coming from the east, Meacham's in Ash Flat is excellent!

RedWolf275

Girls   Wed 4:00 Riverside vs Bergman
                 7:00 Mountain View vs Rivercrest
        Thurs 4:00 Melbourne vs Corning
                 7:00 Hoxie vs Valley Springs

RedWolf275

February 17, 2018, 07:31:59 pm #3 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 07:39:20 pm by RedWolf275
Oops

RedWolf275

February 17, 2018, 07:32:47 pm #4 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 07:38:47 pm by RedWolf275
and oops

501Arkansas

TOP BRACKET

Game 1: 2/21 @ 5:30p

(1st 3) Manila vs (4 1E) Marshall

Game 2: 2/22 @ 5:30p

(2 1E) Clinton vs (3rd 3) Rivercrest

BOTTOM BRACKET

GAME 3: 2/21 @ 8:30P

(1 1E) Valley Springs vs (4th 3) Corning

GAME 4: 2/22 @ 8:30P

(2nd 3) Osceola vs (3 1E) Yellville-Summit

SEMIFINAL TOP BRACKET

2/23 @ 5:30P

GAME5:

Winner Game 1
Winner Game 2

Game 6 2/23 @ 8:30p

Winner Game 3
Winner Game 4

CHAMPIONSHIP

GAME 7 2/24 @ 7:30P

Winner Game 5
Winner Game 6

3RD PLACE GAME

2/24 @ 1:30p

Loser Game 5
Loser Game 6

BOYS STATE SEEDING

501Arkansas

NEABBALLFAN03

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 17, 2018, 08:59:36 pm
Who you guys got?
I think if Corning comes ready to play like they did against Manila, the 3A-3 will sweep in the boys.

bobcats

Quote from: NEABBALLFAN03 on February 17, 2018, 09:09:31 pm
I think if Corning comes ready to play like they did against Manila, the 3A-3 will sweep in the boys.

We hear that every year, but it never seems to happen.  It usually splits 2 and 2.

RedWolf275

On the Boys side I don't see Osceola or Manila losing and I also think Valley takes care of Corning. The Clinton-Rivercrest game is the toughest to predict for me but I'll go with Clinton.

baller334

I'm gonna say Osceola, Manila and Rivercrest win and the Corning game is a toss up.

YSpanther

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 17, 2018, 08:59:36 pm
Who you guys got?
Go big or go home.  Yellville-Summit pulls a Manila and shocks the state and sends Osceola home. (Not serious)
Manila will beat Marshall solidly.
If Rivercrest plays like they did Friday, Clinton could go home early.  If they play like most of the season, then Clinton by 10.
I think Valley will beat Corning, but I will be pulling for the Bobcats.  Hard.

Everyone drive safely and have a good tournament.

501Arkansas

Man man man I'm going to go with Osceola and manila winning by 10+. Rivercrest and corning winning a close one and turn this back into the district tournament again lol

ISU7

This is basketball anything can happen.
Good luck 3-3A.

501Arkansas

How good is this Yellville team?

bball14

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 18, 2018, 02:36:14 am
They can't handle pressure, turn it over with any kind of ball pressure. Weak guards. Solid rebounders, but the team plays hard.

baller334

bball14

February 18, 2018, 09:39:16 am #17 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 12:24:02 pm by bball14

Head Lion

If you are scared & cant handle pressure defense, the Seminoles will embarrass you. Just plain & simple.

I’mGlad

From what I can tell, Yellville would win every game if the refs didn't call against them.

drybones

Quote from: I'mGlad on February 18, 2018, 09:58:15 am
From what I can tell, Yellville would win every game if the refs didn't call against them.
+1

501Arkansas

biglion1985

zebra73

Riverside,Mtn View,Valley Springs,and Hoxie in girls

Basketballfan13

Quote from: zebra73 on February 18, 2018, 11:45:20 am
Valley and Hoxie are playing in the first round.

eamo8911

Quote from: zebra73 on February 18, 2018, 11:45:20 am

I bet Melbourne girls win at home.

Not sure about MV/Hoxie matchup in second round though. Would love to see MV/Riverside game. They are #1 And #2 according to ADG,  correct?

RedWolf275

Yes Melbourne should handle Corning at home. This girls regional is like a mini state tournament!

YSpanther

Quote from: I'mGlad on February 18, 2018, 09:58:15 am
You're funny. i think Yellville and Valley both would probably lose to Omaha or Deer in a regional this year.

bootlegger

i feel that there is a few teams that can win  this years state.theres no one team that stands head and shoulders above everyone like a couple of years ago like cedar ridge.but i do like the 3a3 chances of winning it all. 

ozarkmtnsman

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 18, 2018, 02:36:14 am

Yellville is probably a little better than their 19-10 record shows. They are athletic and play hard all the way to the end. Would have a good chance of making it to state if they were to play in any other region. Unfortunately, the road to state goes thru Osceola. With just a little over 700 kids, they are the smallest 3A school in the state, and will make the much-needed move down to 2A next year.

drybones

Yellville was 1 point away from keeping Osceola out of the state tournament 2 years ago. That has been their only state tournament appearance in the past 3 years. This time of year anything is possible. Clinton showed that last year when they beat them 1st round of regionals. Good luck to all the 3a-1E teams in Melbourne.

501Arkansas

Quote from: drybones on February 18, 2018, 07:20:08 pm
Yellville was 1 point away from keeping Osceola out of the state tournament 2 years ago. That has been their only state tournament appearance in the past 3 years. This time of year anything is possible. Clinton showed that last year when they beat them 1st round of regionals. Good luck to all the 3a-1E teams in Melbourne.
Anything is possible but this is a new year

Head Lion

February 18, 2018, 08:18:42 pm #32 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 08:39:24 pm by Head Lion
I will be there & COVER ALL bets on Yellville Summit. May lose, but I will take that chance.

RedWolf275

Now don't get out on a limb there Head Lion lol!

Head Lion

I'm just a generous person like that.😉

bball14

Might as well give my opinion, I predict Osceola by 30+, Corning pulls off the upset in a tight game,  and while it would not surprise me if Marshall beat Manila (they have two really good players) I think Manila wins. Clinton and RiverCreset is the hard one to predict though. I am going to say Clinton wins and is the only team from that district to advance.

501Arkansas

Hey the other regions must be weak or something? Cause nobody talking about those regions

HawgDaddy

Every year since 2010 people come on here and claim that the 3A-1 East conference is going to get swept.  It doesn't normally happen.  I think Osceola is a tough draw for Yellville-Summit.  Manila is probably much better than Marshall.  Clinton is pretty good and at the very least more consistent than Rivercrest.  Valley Springs won the district for a reason and have played a good schedule.  No reason to think they shouldn't be the favorite over Corning. 

It's basketball and anything can happen, but I would bet against a sweep.  On the girls side, MV will win this region.

Head Lion

February 18, 2018, 10:11:45 pm #38 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 10:26:20 pm by Head Lion
Quote from: HawgDaddy on February 18, 2018, 09:16:59 pm
Every year since 2010 people come on here and claim that the 3A-1 East conference is going to get swept.  It doesn't normally happen.  I think Osceola is a tough draw for Yellville-Summit.  Manila is probably much better than Marshall.  Clinton is pretty good and at the very least more consistent than Rivercrest.  Valley Springs won the district for a reason and have played a good schedule.  No reason to think they shouldn't be the favorite over Corning. 

It's basketball and anything can happen, but I would bet against a sweep.  On the girls side, MV will win this region.
i hate that your right about the split, but how many Regional titles have been won by the 3A-1 East?

biglion1985

I will beg to differ on the girls winner if you look past Riverside you are gonna be in for a rude awakening I am telling you but like you said anything can happen though. Best of luck to all the teams

ISU7

Colts might not win but in 2011 Colts finished 3rd in conference and 3rd in the district tourney behind all season long favorites Earle and Manila , well I certainly remember how that season ended for the Colts 🏀🏆💍3A State Champs.
#bettercome2play.

Made

Quote from: bball14 on February 18, 2018, 08:46:02 pm
Corning pulls off the upset in a tight game
only an upset if you can beat them at Valley

YSpanther

Quote from: Head Lion on February 18, 2018, 10:11:45 pm
i hate that your right about the split, but how many Regional titles have been won by the 3A-1 East?
That wasn't the question.  But your point is excellent.  I think Yellville might have made some noise the last few years in State, but getting past the 3 is like murderer's row. There have been years when the team out of our district that we think will be the saltiest falls early and someone else stuns.  Like I said in an earlier thread somewhere, the unfamiliarity with each other because of lack of proximity, and the one shot first round nature, sends someone unexpectedly home, and someone unexpectedly onward.  Usually like you point out, by the end of the regional, the strongest team of the 4 that make it past round 1 tends to be the 1 seed going into the state tourney.

501Arkansas

HawgDaddy

Quote from: biglion1985 on February 19, 2018, 01:07:53 am
I will beg to differ on the girls winner if you look past Riverside you are gonna be in for a rude awakening I am telling you but like you said anything can happen though. Best of luck to all the teams

You are completely right, forgot about Riverside.  The girls championship will be Riverside or Mountain View.  I wasn't trying to slight Riverside, just failed to realize they were now in this region.  Both are legit and could both be in the state finals.

biglion1985

Oh yeah and they certainly can't overlook anyone either this time of year because it's win or go home I am hoping to get to make the trip up there

YSpanther

Quote from: bball14 on February 18, 2018, 08:46:02 pm
Might as well give my opinion, I predict Osceola by 30+, Corning pulls off the upset in a tight game,  and while it would not surprise me if Marshall beat Manila (they have two really good players) I think Manila wins. Clinton and RiverCreset is the hard one to predict though. I am going to say Clinton wins and is the only team from that district to advance.
I predict Osceola will not win by 30.  I'm sure they will win, but Yellville is more athletic than some of you think.

baller334

Quote from: YSpanther on February 20, 2018, 06:16:16 pm
I predict Osceola will not win by 30.  I'm sure they will win, but Yellville is more athletic than some of you think.

😭😭😭😭😭😭

501Arkansas

Quote from: YSpanther on February 20, 2018, 06:16:16 pm
40?🤷🏿‍♂️ lol I'm just joking

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: baller334 on February 20, 2018, 06:33:20 pm
😭😭😭😭😭😭
They were doubting Clinton against Osceola last year and look what happened.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas