• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston

Started by Road_Dogg, January 31, 2019, 08:39:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Road_Dogg

Heard Kendrick resigned?

doggieskoot2

I heard the same.  Reported on the radio.  92.7   
Going to be the OC at Alma

punisher

Wow.  That's an unfortunate loss obviously.  Thank you to Coach Kendrick for being a big part of 4 State Championship teams at Charleston.   

Tradition

Their DC should get a look. No one is more of a Tiger than him. IMO he would keep the Charleston Tradition going.

WHITEchicken

Awesome tradition what defense do you run? Or your dad? Whichever you are.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: doggieskoot2 on January 31, 2019, 08:49:06 am
I heard the same.  Reported on the radio.  92.7   
Going to be the OC at Alma
Wow

Lineman

Quote from: WHITEchicken on January 31, 2019, 10:15:10 am
Awesome tradition what defense do you run? Or your dad? Whichever you are.
You're going to need a bigger spoon to stir this pot.

beach bum

Wow, just wow.... Is this an outlier that the Charleston program may be middle of the pack again next year in the 1-3A?

CapnObvious

I think Chuck will be just fine , it was time for a change .
They will get the correct man to bring tradition back and will be back in the hunt for a title soon .

punisher

Quote from: CapnObvious on January 31, 2019, 10:45:13 am
I think Chuck will be just fine , it was time for a change .
They will get the correct man to bring tradition back and will be back in the hunt for a title soon .

I hope you are right.  I think we have been very fortunate to have had Wood, Loughridge, and Kendrick guide this program the last decade plus,  I don't know what tradition you mean bringing back, but I'd rather keep the state championship tradition kind.

KOJACK

Uh oh...must be a sign of what's to come.

RTF

Chuck's Jr high not undefeated, and the croots not coming in like they use to....

Longfellow

Why are y'all making it sound like he just jumped ship from a dying program? Sounds to me like he's just taking a better job

Road_Dogg

Quote from: Longfellow on January 31, 2019, 02:42:39 pm
Why are y'all making it sound like he just jumped ship from a dying program? Sounds to me like he's just taking a better job

It's not like Loughridge is lighting it up at Alma right now. He's 43-29 in 6 seasons. I think Delbick(sp?) only went 35-32 games in 6 seasons. Just seems weird to go from HC back to be a coordinator at the same level. Yeah pay may be a little better but still. Most HC's unless asked to resign or leave get other HC jobs.

AlumniLights

Loughridge and Kendrick started their stints together at Charleston in 07. Both great people with an undeniable passion for the game. Kendrick made a great choice to join Loughridge. These two together again could jump start Alma and put them over the this hump they haven't seemed to get over. Loughridge has done a great job at Alma if you compare those that were there before him, besides Vines of course. I think, in my opinion, its a better environment for Kendrick. Yes, Charleston has a storied history with multiple titles in the last 15 years, but as we all know, these small town football programs have expectations. Everywhere you go, someone is asking you about what's next. Maybe he was ready to get out and do something bigger. This sets him up to take another leap in the years to come.  Now, he can focus on one thing, offense. I wish these guys the best of luck. Knowing the town of Charleston, Stewart lands this job, or perhaps maybe Doc Crowley throws his name in the hat?? As we know, he and his brother were graduates of Charleston and his entire family lives there as well. Not to mention he is an OC right down the road in Booneville. This will be an interesting job, especially if someone changes the offensive philosophy.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: AlumniLights on February 01, 2019, 06:49:28 am
Loughridge and Kendrick started their stints together at Charleston in 07. Both great people with an undeniable passion for the game. Kendrick made a great choice to join Loughridge. These two together again could jump start Alma and put them over the this hump they haven't seemed to get over. Loughridge has done a great job at Alma if you compare those that were there before him, besides Vines of course. I think, in my opinion, its a better environment for Kendrick. Yes, Charleston has a storied history with multiple titles in the last 15 years, but as we all know, these small town football programs have expectations. Everywhere you go, someone is asking you about what's next. Maybe he was ready to get out and do something bigger. This sets him up to take another leap in the years to come.  Now, he can focus on one thing, offense. I wish these guys the best of luck. Knowing the town of Charleston, Stewart lands this job, or perhaps maybe Doc Crowley throws his name in the hat?? As we know, he and his brother were graduates of Charleston and his entire family lives there as well. Not to mention he is an OC right down the road in Booneville. This will be an interesting job, especially if someone changes the offensive philosophy.

#fakenews !   Actually, more of his family lives in south logan!!!

Tradition

Quote from: AlumniLights on February 01, 2019, 06:49:28 am

Lineman

Nothing against any of the names being tossed around, but has anyone bothered checking to see what's behind door #3??

Road_Dogg

I hope it's Matt Stewart but I think small town politics will bring in one of Chris smith or Doc Crowley. I doubt Ross goes back after they screwed him

AlumniLights

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on February 01, 2019, 09:34:29 am
#fakenews !   Actually, more of his family lives in south logan!!!

OS, you know what I mean mane! However, aren't they all from South Logan????

AlumniLights

Let's be honest, if we are talking politics, Stewart has just as much clout as others in that town. He just is not one to be as vocal. If Smitty knows what's good for him, he is in a great spot right now with a great staff around him in Alma. Crowley has made a name for himself, I would not consider him a hire due to politics. Ross, shoot, he's got it made in Conway.

papaeagle

Happy for Kendrick. He will do well and could easily be a good OC at the 7A level. Gets along with his coaches and players as well as any successful HC out there. And times change every year in the coaching circles, and dominoes fall this time of year before April or so. Good luck Coach Kendrick.  :-*

beach bum

Quote from: AlumniLights on February 01, 2019, 01:05:27 pm
Let's be honest, if we are talking politics, Stewart has just as much clout as others in that town. He just is not one to be as vocal. If Smitty knows what's good for him, he is in a great spot right now with a great staff around him in Alma. Crowley has made a name for himself, I would not consider him a hire due to politics. Ross, shoot, he's got it made in Conway.

I consider that a good thing.... Let's his work do the talking. I hope he is the one that lands the job. Good luck to him if he does go for this job.

AlumniLights

When I said not as vocal, I mean precisely what you stated bum. I meant it almost as a sleeper per say.

Jabali

I can't imagine there being a lot of gigs better than the Chucktown job. Evidently restoring or building a program is more fun than maintaining one.

gold45

Lots to be excited about for the future of the Charleston football program.  The 7th and 8th grade classes are full of size and talent that any prospective coach would be excited about for the future.  And the returning players from this year's team should do well under a more balanced offense.  Chris Smith, Matt Stewart, Doc Crowley are all names I would love to see as the Tiger's HC.  Great football minds but most importantly, great leaders of men! Looking forward to see who the next HC will be.  Go Tigers!

Tradition

Quiet thread. Any updates? As a former Tiger, I'm still hoping admin keeps it in house and goes with Stewart.

i40traveler

Don't know if there is any truth to this.  But I've heard Ty Storey has already graduated from UofA with a coaching degree.

Pack_Mentality

Quote from: i40traveler on February 12, 2019, 08:57:54 am
Don't know if there is any truth to this.  But I've heard Ty Storey has already graduated from UofA with a coaching degree.

Best candidate for the job by far! Big mistake if they don't hire him!

Lineman

I'm not sure of the number of applicants, but I've heard interviews are this week & a decision is to be made this weekend, per the grapevine.

beach bum

Quote from: Pack_Mentality on February 12, 2019, 10:27:27 am

Lol ok... I imagine this is sarcasm right?

Longfellow

Quote from: Pack_Mentality on February 12, 2019, 10:27:27 am
I think he's still playing college football

AT

Quote from: Tradition on February 12, 2019, 08:42:47 am
Quiet thread. Any updates? As a former Tiger, I'm still hoping admin keeps it in house and goes with Stewart.

I know players and many faculty want him to have it. This isn't unusual, but thought it should be said.

Tradition

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 12, 2019, 06:52:57 pm
I know players and many faculty want him to have it. This isn't unusual, but thought it should be said.
Add in many of the members of the community to that as well.

1wildcat

Quote from: Longfellow on February 12, 2019, 02:01:26 pm
I think he's still playing college football
Last I heard about him, he did graduate, entered his name into the new transfer portal, apparently no takers as of yet, is no longer with the team (Razorbacks)

I've been kind of expecting him resurface and announce something official pertaining to his current plans. He has a lot of fans (I'm one of them) that wish him nothing but the best and hoping to here some good news soon. He was a die-hard Razorback that gave gave all he had every time he stepped on the field.

Apparently Coach Morris didn't think he could run his offense, not being privy to any inside info, I don't really think he ever got a fair shot at it.   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 1wildcat on February 14, 2019, 04:24:17 am
Last I heard about him, he did graduate, entered his name into the new transfer portal, apparently no takers as of yet, is no longer with the team (Razorbacks)

I've been kind of expecting him resurface and announce something official pertaining to his current plans. He has a lot of fans (I'm one of them) that wish him nothing but the best and hoping to here some good news soon. He was a die-hard Razorback that gave gave all he had every time he stepped on the field.

Apparently Coach Morris didn't think he could run his offense, not being privy to any inside info, I don't really think he ever got a fair shot at it.   

I figured he'd pop back up at UCA or even one of the instate d2 schools

Interestingcall

Looks like a school board meeting is set for Saturday.

Road_Dogg

Quote from: i40traveler on February 12, 2019, 08:57:54 am

what in the world is a coaching degree?

doggieskoot2

With the special school board meeting Sat, anyone have any bets on who it will be?

Throw those names out there!

Road_Dogg

Quote from: doggieskoot2 on February 15, 2019, 08:54:16 am
With the special school board meeting Sat, anyone have any bets on who it will be?

5 to 3 odds it's Matt Stewart

Interestingcall

Tradition

Quote from: doggieskoot2 on February 15, 2019, 08:54:16 am

Hoping it is Stewart. Hearing it could be someone from right down the road though that has not been mentioned on here.

ChucktownTiger

The day has come!!!

The top deciding factor should be that He's a Charleston Alum, whoever they decide to hire! You got a chance to get a guy like Chris Smith back home and leading the program, you gotta be pretty fired up for that. A resume like that, great coach and a Charleston boy. We'll be getting back to Charleston Football. Can't wait!!!! Hope they get it right and get back to Chucktown Tradition.

CapnObvious

punisher

Smith or Stewart would both be great hires.  Both are young, hungry, with innovative football minds and great families.  Can't go wrong with either one. 

Tradition

I could be wrong but don't be surprised if it goes to someone other than those two.

punisher

I've heard May from Waldron/Booneville being rumored if that is the person "down the road" you were referring too.  I'm sure he's a good coach, don't know how well he'd fit in Charleston going from a spread to a veer offense and trying to out Booneville, Booneville with fewer players.  I'd imagine he'd have to take a pay cut too, so don't think he'd be an actual option.

ChucktownTiger

Been hearing the same all week. Hope the board and admin is smarter than that. We shall see.

Lineman

beach bum

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas