• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The greatest battle for the runner up trophy

Started by THA TRUTH, October 18, 2014, 10:26:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

THA TRUTH

Should we just go ahead and send the state title to jc so u all can have some fun

outlaw2929

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 18, 2014, 10:26:20 pm
Should we just go ahead and send the state title to jc so u all can have some fun
Jc is the best and should not get beat, it is good to have a lot of confidence and to be somewhat cocky but you can take it too far , like this post. Good luck to JC u should run the table but me and everyone else in the state sure hope y'all stumble somewhere along the way.

dragondad

Pretty sure Matthew wasn't referring to high school football.

cuz

Quote from: dragondad on October 19, 2014, 02:59:46 pm
Pretty sure Matthew wasn't referring to high school football.
Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.- Matthew 23:12
Pretty much covers everything....

cuz

October 19, 2014, 03:14:41 pm #5 Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:18:27 pm by cuz
My apologies for the stupidity and arrogance of this thread. This not the way JC wishes to be represented. Coach Carpenter and staff would be ashamed to read this as should anyone from JC.......

dragondad

Not in the Biblical context in which Jesus was speaking. He was talking directly to the Scribes and Pharisees about their belief that they were somehow more holy and deserving of grace than the common people.

Out of the context in which it was stated, yes I suppose it could be applied to anything. Who hasn't, at some point, thought the team they root for is the best or better than another.

In terms of God's grace, I'd have to agree were all equally undeserving.

dragondad

October 19, 2014, 04:20:27 pm #7 Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 04:31:06 pm by dragondad
Quote from: cuz on October 19, 2014, 03:14:41 pm
My apologies for the stupidity and arrogance of this thread. This not the way JC wishes to be represented. Coach Carpenter and staff would be ashamed to read this as should anyone from JC.......

I agree with you on this Cuz, just call it what it is and be done with it. It just irked me to see worm throw out a scripture verse when he's been one to stir the pot against JC in the past. Just my opinion that if you're going to bring The Bible into this, worm might should practice what he preaches.....or just realize some folks get fired up sometimes and say things they shouldn't.

Wilson

The team and coaches don't feel this way that's for sure. . and i know coach Carpenter would have a serious problem if he heard one of his players say this. .

Sweet

Try James 4:6

6 But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, "God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble."

tacklethis...

October 19, 2014, 05:49:46 pm #10 Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 05:52:32 pm by tacklethis...

I really feel like Junction is a better place now. I'm glad to see there are humble fans out there. The comments of a few have upset the entire state of class 2a football. People hate your town, fans, and players because of the comments made from time to time.

It just made we realize that most of us have similar views after all! I guess every town has some bad apples!

Hears to all of the classy JC fans, good luck!

THA TRUTH

I'm trying to entertain myself on this board since jc won't play another close game all year sorry people take stuff so seriously

bigworm

Quote from: dragondad on October 19, 2014, 04:20:27 pm

I agree with you on this Cuz, just call it what it is and be done with it. It just irked me to see worm throw out a scripture verse when he's been one to stir the pot against JC in the past. Just my opinion that if you're going to bring The Bible into this, worm might should practice what he preaches.....or just realize some folks get fired up sometimes and say things they shouldn't.

The only negative ive ever said about JC was after a hijacking of a thread of ours. I have utmost respect for JC. I also believe that everyone is playing for 2nd place this year. I also believe that the large majority of JC fans are nothing like THA TRUTH. My comment was just a comment to him. But i do believe that the verse applies to every aspect of life. Even football. If my son wasnt playing last friday night i would have been at the JC game. If the good lord is willing i will be at WMS to see yall play this year. I was there for the last 2 trips you guys made there. Its JC's classification until the rest catch up. Good luck to yall. If i offended any of you Jc guys, im sorry. Wasnt my intent.

cuz

Quote from: bigworm on October 19, 2014, 07:45:15 pm
Quote from: dragondad on October 19, 2014, 04:20:27 pm

The only negative ive ever said about JC was after a hijacking of a thread of ours. I have utmost respect for JC. I also believe that everyone is playing for 2nd place this year. I also believe that the large majority of JC fans are nothing like THA TRUTH. My comment was just a comment to him. But i do believe that the verse applies to every aspect of life. Even football. If my son wasnt playing last friday night i would have been at the JC game. If the good  lord is willing i will be at WMS to see yall play this year. I was there for the last 2 trips you guys made there. Its JC's classification until the rest catch up. Good luck to yall. If i offended any of you Jc guys, im sorry. Wasnt my intent.
Worm no offense was taken by me as I know how much you respect JC. Quoting the Bible is the best way I know to express ones self in the right context, well done. Good luck to your son and the rest of the Lions.............

dragondad

I wasn't offended, I'm never offended by the Bible. I understood what worm was implying by citing the verse. I won't take this any further, just know I too disagree with the title of the post. Just remember, there's no a single one of us on here that hasn't wanted to snap back at others for all the junk and lies we have to defend our kids from every day....and sometimes we all think, or type, or say things we shouldn't.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas