• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magnet Cove vs Bigelow

Started by Bagheera, October 18, 2014, 01:57:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bagheera

Should be a good game. MC is coming off of their easier stretch of games and the level of competition is going to increase tremendously.  Bigelow's defense held a tough Poyen team to 12 points last night.  Not sure if Poyen's RB going down made a difference but it should be a battle Friday regardless. It's a must win for MC if they want any shot at defending their title.

baseballgod91

Bagheera

MC 19
Bigelow 14

We always seem to find a way to miss a few extra points ;)

Cheek

This is a very big game for both teams, but especially MC.       

Bigditchlion

It's at MC right?! If so then mc wins.

lionfan59

Quote from: Bigditchlion on October 20, 2014, 05:54:30 pm
I was thinking the same!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Bagheera

Quote from: lionfan59 on October 21, 2014, 04:14:48 pm

Just can't let it go! Lol I guess CC paid the refs off too....and Poyen will have the refs on their side as we'll probably ;)

bigworm

Nope. CC beat us fair and square. Poyen will have their refs but it wont be enough.

Bigditchlion

CC flat beat us. No doubt, they were ready to play in the rain. Sorry, it's just simply the truth of that game at MC. Sometimes the better team loses. It happens. Poyen will be a vey good game. England looked like themselves last week against cutter. A few that were banged up looked healthy for the first time since week 1. Go bigelow!

baseballgod91

If poyen has "their refs" (which is dumb) then it will get ugly for england. You england fans crack me up. Beginning of the season y'all were gonna win this conference easily, then y'all are still "too young" now y'all beat a bottom of the conference cutter team and all of sudden y'alls good players have been hurt since week 1. Whats yalls next excuse?

bigworm

man, you are delusional. noone said we were going to run through this conference. at least, i didnt. lol. but we will beat your indians and have that coveted 2 seed you so badly want. as for being young, we are young. oh, and hurt players make a difference. without hunter keen or whatever his name is yall are a totally different team. i sure hope he is healthy week 10. that way you won't have any excuse. keep on talkin though. we love it.

bigworm

this is a MC vs Bigelow thread anyway. we will discuss our match up week 10.

Bigelow 24
MC 14

mtindian42

lionfan59

Quote from: Bagheera on October 21, 2014, 09:35:11 pm

Just can't let it go! Lol I guess CC paid the refs off too....and Poyen will have the refs on their side as we'll probably ;)

Nope CC beat us plain and Simple... They are a good team.  And MC did beat us, and we should have plaid harder to overcome the officials.  But the simple fact is MC had HOME Cooking that night, and from what it seems like has had for many years.  And Im sure Poyen will have the refs on their side as well, but the thing is these kids now understand that they must play above that, but we will leave that conversation until that week.  Even though MT. Pine is about as long of a loosing streak as JC is on a winning streak.  never can over look teams. 

With that being said, Bigelow will have their own advantage this week, they will bring the refs a 30 pack a piece and have them hammered down before the game.  Then they are going to feed them one of them huge Hotdogs that MC has and the refs run off to side lines praying to the porcelain god.

Sweet

Quote from: lionfan59 on October 22, 2014, 04:07:40 pm
Quote from: Bagheera on October 21, 2014, 09:35:11 pm

Nope CC beat us plain and Simple... They are a good team.  And MC did beat us, and we should have plaid harder to overcome the officials.  But the simple fact is MC had HOME Cooking that night, and from what it seems like has had for many years.  And Im sure Poyen will have the refs on their side as well, but the thing is these kids now understand that they must play above that, but we will leave that conversation until that week.  Even though MT. Pine is about as long of a loosing streak as JC is on a winning streak.  never can over look teams. 

With that being said, Bigelow will have their own advantage this week, they will bring the refs a 30 pack a piece and have them hammered down before the game.  Then they are going to feed them one of them huge Hotdogs that MC has and the refs run off to side lines praying to the porcelain god.

Always somebody else's fault.

Bigditchlion

baseballgod91

Excuse after excuse after excuse

Bigditchlion

Truth is what it is.  Go Bigelow! Lion fans are rooting for ya or at least this guy.

Bagheera

Truth is the refs didn't make the lineman false start 10 times.  England played undisciplined and the Panthers didn't. Yall lost we won.  To ever blame it on the refs no matter how bad the calls is a cowardly excuse.  Man up. Admit you lost. Move on.

Bigditchlion

Chill if you were there then you know. If you weren't you don't. Like I said it is what it is.

Bagheera

I was there.  I have even watched it on film a few times.  You are correct it is what it is.  But your definition of what it is and mine are completely different.  Magnet Cove BEAT England by themselves.  They EARNED the win.  England EARNED the loss.  That is all.     

keohog

Quote from: Bagheera on October 23, 2014, 02:55:16 pm
I was there.  I have even watched it on film a few times.  You are correct it is what it is.  But your definition of what it is and mine are completely different.  Magnet Cove BEAT England by themselves.  They EARNED the win.  England EARNED the loss.  That is all.     
No England beat England.

Bagheera

Whatever helps you sleep better at night :)

Bigditchlion

Quote from: keohog on October 23, 2014, 03:08:41 pm
Quote from: Bagheera on October 23, 2014, 02:55:16 pm
No England beat England.
+1

True Fan

So, was it England or the refs that got that win?

The flatland consensus was pretty much that the Lions were going to run away with the title. Nope.

Still whining about refs. Yawn.

Constantly picking/rooting against MC. Haters.

I'm sure that will change when MC faces CC. Y'all will be picking MC if you think it'll help you. It won't matter. Poyen will make sure of that.

Go Red Devils! Their streak is about to end. ;)

Cheek

Quote from: True Fan on October 23, 2014, 09:23:48 pm
So, was it England or the refs that got that win?

The flatland consensus was pretty much that the Lions were going to run away with the title. Nope.

Still whining about refs. Yawn.

Constantly picking/rooting against MC. Haters.

I'm sure that will change when MC faces CC. Y'all will be picking MC if you think it'll help you. It won't matter. Poyen will make sure of that.

Go Red Devils! Their streak is about to end. ;)

We do not care who you lose to,  Bigelow, CC or CMS.   We just need you to lose one game, and we will take care of the rest.  If you lose two games, you can start the bus and get ready to travel the first week of the playoffs.  If you happen to lose all three, basketball season will come early.

England will take care of Poyen week ten. 

True Fan

You may be right Cheek. You aren't as bad as some of your fellow posters. ;D

However, you did pick Cutter to beat Poyen. And, you picked Bigelow to beat Poyen. I can tell you firsthand that they are not a team to be taken lightly.

BigLion10

lionfan59

Quote from: Bagheera on October 23, 2014, 12:02:55 pm
Truth is the refs didn't make the lineman false start 10 times.  England played undisciplined and the Panthers didn't. Yall lost we won.  To ever blame it on the refs no matter how bad the calls is a cowardly excuse.  Man up. Admit you lost. Move on.
so you cant read either can you... I think that I said that MC did beat us and that we should have plaid harder...and to you True...you are right...... we do pick against MC, because like you said it will help us out at the end of the road.  and As far as CC and MC go. CC will beat yall.  I have already said that they are the best team in the conference.  In fact they are one of the better teams in 2A this year.  But will I pull for them to loose against you guys...No because one thing is for sure about CC...they are good kids and are lead by a coach who thinks that is more important than winning or loosing.  So I will root for CC when they play MC....

Hawgpilot

everyone will be playing second fiddle to JC this year.  Having said that, CC has a pretty good group of jrs playing this year including the QB.  He is a solid kid who is going to be a stud on the baseball team this year too as a pitcher.

True Fan

Are you saying that our kids aren't good kids and that our coaches don't think that is important? I beg to differ.

Quote from: lionfan59 on October 24, 2014, 03:14:47 pm
Quote from: Bagheera on October 23, 2014, 12:02:55 pm
so you cant read either can you... I think that I said that MC did beat us and that we should have plaid harder...

Quote from: lionfan59 on September 26, 2014, 09:47:31 pm
MVP goes to the white hat

Quote from: lionfan59 on September 26, 2014, 08:24:28 pm
Ain't that the truth!!! ???  Sure is hard to overcome calls that change a game like mysterious fumbles. Or fumbles that we recover and don't get it. 

Quote from: lionfan59 on September 26, 2014, 08:15:27 pm
Boy y'all dint tell us about M/C's 12th man. Your sideline official. Omg dude is horrible. But I'll give you credit lot stiffer than I thought. But it ain't over!!

Quote from: lionfan59 on September 26, 2014, 10:06:25 pm
By far the worst officiating I have ever seen. Learn the rules, pay attention.  You can say what you want but these guys sucked and anyone that was at the game that disagrees obviously is as corrupt as the officials.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I still hate basketball

Bluffer

Alright True its almost time. I hope its a battle like it always is. Our defense will be tough but our offense has problems holding on to the ball. If we can hang on tonight it will be a Battle Royal. If not we get beat, maybe badly.

Panthers win in overtime-My Prediction. I did not say Cove Panther. ;D

True Fan

Quote from: Bluffer on October 24, 2014, 03:42:47 pm
Alright True its almost time. I hope its a battle like it always is. Our defense will be tough but our offense has problems holding on to the ball. If we can hang on tonight it will be a Battle Royal. If not we get beat, maybe badly.

Panthers win in overtime-My Prediction. I did not say Cove Panther. ;D

I know that you're pulling for the Low Panthers. I can respect that. Don't understand it though. ;D

And, I noticed that you didn't say the other Panthers either in that prediction. ;)

lionfan59

Quote from: True Fan on October 24, 2014, 03:42:11 pm
Are you saying that our kids aren't good kids and that our coaches don't think that is important? I beg to differ.

now I did not say that... I just said that that the way the CC players acted and the coaches acted... they earned my respect.. 

True Fan

Bigelow draws first blood. 7-0. 8:39 2nd. Took advantage of a fumble to start the drive from midfield. Long pass ran in.

Bigelow has been moving the ball well. 0-2 on 4th down. MC moved the ball some. Two punts and a fumble.

True Fan

Hey Bluff, how are them refs looking?

lionfan59

True Fan

True Fan

True Fan

20-10 MC Final

Great ballgame by two disciplined teams. Looked like Bigelow's numbers are down and that may have been the difference in the end.

Lots of sportsmanshop. Good clean ballgame.

Sweet

Did Eldorada(?) get hurt or just wear out?

lionfan59

What was the turn over margin?

True Fan

Each team had one that the other turned into six. Bigelows only score and MCs final score. Bigelow also had a deep pass intercepted in the closing minute or two that allowed MC to run out the clock.

Bluffer

Quote from: True Fan on October 24, 2014, 07:58:12 pm

It was a good clean called game. Bigelow had 2 turnovers at the end and I guess just wore out. We lost our healthiest back (3rd string) in the first half. (Sprained ankle).
These guys play hard but just have a hard time finishing. I think our first string back returns next week (Brocken Ankle Game 1) Our second string back did play tonight but was not at full strength (20). I have to give credit to MC for not giving up after trailing most of the game and pulling out the victory.

True Fan

Quote from: Bluffer on October 24, 2014, 09:58:52 pm

It was a good clean called game.

I heard that was the same crew that called the England game. ;)

bigworm

Quote from: True Fan on October 24, 2014, 10:56:27 pm
Quote from: Bluffer on October 24, 2014, 09:58:52 pm

It was a good clean called game.

I heard that was the same crew that called the England game. ;)

Im sure it was. Thats the only crew yall have right?

Bigditchlion

How many flags did bigelow get? False starts(with the defense in the neutral zone)and mysterious pentalties?

True Fan

They had one false start around midfield because the slot receiver jumped. They also had one on the qb when he didn't get the snap when he expected. Both were pretty obvious. No neutral zone on either. No mystery penalties. Just good football.

As Bluffer stated, Bigelow had the lead most of the game. And, that changed NOTHING that the officials called or didn't call.

Sweet

Quote from: Bigditchlion on October 25, 2014, 08:10:35 am
How many flags did bigelow get? False starts(with the defense in the neutral zone)and mysterious pentalties?

What it comes down to is they were MUCH more disciplined than England.

Bigditchlion

Good job! Just was wondering if the refs helped them like they did against England. England learned a lesson that week. From what I saw last night, we will give the remaining opponents all they want.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas