• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2a-4 Who has locked down 2nd place?

Started by Hornet4ever, October 18, 2014, 01:04:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

I've heard different stories from everyone. Hackett lost to Union in the mud bowl last week by 5. Hackett beat 'burg by 30 points last night. How is it going to work? Will Hackett have second place now? What will the playoffs look like for Hackett. Just wondering, and really wanting to get the story straight.

beach bum

October 18, 2014, 04:07:17 pm #1 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 04:14:15 pm by beach bum
How a pure 3 way ties works by the AAA rule book is the two teams with the most tiebreaker points then go head to head. For instance in the 4-2A three way tie situation Hackett has the most tiebreaker points, then Mountainburg, then UCA having the least out of the three teams. Therefore Hackett and Mountainburg get put head to head with Hackett winning that game...... And UCA gets the 4 seed.... I may be wrong but thats how it worked a few years back in the 1-4A in a similar situation with Gravette, Prairie Grove, and Farmington. Prairie Grove had 59 pts, Gravette 58, and Farmington 56... Even though Gravette had the 2nd most tiebreaker points they got the 2 seed and Prairie Grove the 3 seed because they beat PG head to head and Farmington got the 4.... They basically use the 2 teams with more tiebreaker points and pit them head to head..... I hope I did not confuse you  ;D...  Because I was even confusing myself.

beach bum

October 18, 2014, 04:10:34 pm #2 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 04:18:08 pm by beach bum
Also, they include tiebreaker points from all your conference games......Not just the games between the 3 in the tie... Thats why its so vital to win all your games by 13+.... So technically no one has locked it up until the season is fully completed. But Hackett winning all its games by 13+ so far is looking to be in great shape.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on October 18, 2014, 04:07:17 pm
How a pure 3 way ties works by the AAA rule book is the two teams with the most tiebreaker points then go head to head. For instance in the 4-2A three way tie situation Hackett has the most tiebreaker points, then Mountainburg, then UCA having the least out of the three teams. Therefore Hackett and Mountainburg get put head to head with Hackett winning that game...... And UCA gets the 4 seed.... I may be wrong but thats how it worked a few years back in the 1-4A in a similar situation with Gravette, Prairie Grove, and Farmington. Prairie Grove had 59 pts, Gravette 58, and Farmington 56... Even though Gravette had the 2nd most tiebreaker points they got the 2 seed and Prairie Grove the 3 seed because they beat PG head to head and Farmington got the 4.... They basically use the 2 teams with more tiebreaker points and pit them head to head..... I hope I did not confuse you  ;D...  Because I was even confusing myself.

That's how it works, lowest playoff points drops to lowest playoff seed. Then when you finally get it down to 2 teams left in the tie, you go to head to head game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas