• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

a concept that makes no sense

Started by Wilson, October 17, 2014, 11:26:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilson

Was just watching a scoreboard show on FSSW and they mentioned a new.   1st year school havg a homecoming game. . not where 2 schools are consolidated and has graduates of the previous schools to "come home". . but where a new school was made from parts of the population of several schools that still exist. . .who's coming home?. . For some reason this is driving me nutts. .

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wilson on October 17, 2014, 11:26:42 pm
Was just watching a scoreboard show on FSSW and they mentioned a new.   1st year school havg a homecoming game. . not where 2 schools are consolidated and has graduates of the previous schools to "come home". . but where a new school was made from parts of the population of several schools that still exist. . .who's coming home?. . For some reason this is driving me nutts. .

It's cause your old Wilson....That's not what homecoming means to the young folks anymore. it's about getting a homecoming queen and a dance these days. More about the distractions from the football game than the actual welcoming home of alumni

Wilson

Well for the first year they should call it something else HF. .that way they can explain the concept of the word "homecoming" to the youth. .a teachable moment lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wilson on October 17, 2014, 11:42:56 pm
Well for the first year they should call it something else HF. .that way they can explain the concept of the word "homecoming" to the youth. .a teachable moment lol

Colors Day would be an idea....That's what some of the schools call it up here, since most of them do the "homecoming" get up twice with football and basketball...one's colors day and the other is homecoming.

Wilson

Sounds good to me. . draw up the paperwork and send it in ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas