• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gurdon Ball Hawks

Started by godgiven999, October 17, 2014, 10:45:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

godgiven999

Gurdon has forced 23 total Turnovers through there first 6 games, I haven't checked the Springhill game yet.
18 Interceptions
5 Forced and recovered Fumbles

footballfrenzy

To shotgun off what GG is saying, Gurdon is also allowing 5 ppg in conference play. Scoring 44 ppg. Granted those first 2 games of the season pushes the defensive scoring to 17 ppg and drops the offensive output to 34 ppg. Either way, Gurdon is primed to make a run. Probably a run to the runners up trophy, but a run no less.

whoknows

No one will stay within 21 points of JC...

tacklethis...

Quote from: whoknows on October 18, 2014, 05:04:43 am
No one will stay within 21 points of JC...

Or 39 points for that matter!

tellitlikeitis

Quote from: footballfrenzy on October 18, 2014, 01:11:22 am
To shotgun off what GG is saying, Gurdon is also allowing 5 ppg in conference play. Scoring 44 ppg. Granted those first 2 games of the season pushes the defensive scoring to 17 ppg and drops the offensive output to 34 ppg. Either way, Gurdon is primed to make a run. Probably a run to the runners up trophy, but a run no less.
Gurdun will make their usual push in the playoffs. 1ST ROUND LOSS :D :D

GusBrown

Gurdon hasn't lost in the first round since 2010.
2011- 3rd round (Carlisle)
2012- 2nd round (Bearden)
2013- 2nd round (JC)

Dragon I

No trying to be a jack A, but, how many of these turnovers came against a decent team?  How many against Prescott and Smackover?

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: GusBrown on October 18, 2014, 09:37:08 am
2013- 2nd round (JC)

Two state runner ups and a champion. Dierks get throttled at home by who?

GusBrown

Quote from: Dragon I on October 18, 2014, 09:37:19 am
No trying to be a jack A, but, how many of these turnovers came against a decent team?  How many against Prescott and Smackover?
1 FF and recovery vs Prescott and 1 interception returned for 56 yds vs Smackover.

Proud Buckaroo

Which was against our Backup quarterback.

Dragon I

So 1 turnover against a team with a pulse.  Nice.

Mohawk 54

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 18, 2014, 10:14:11 am
Which was against our Backup quarterback.

Your wrong PB, your starter went out for a while, but came back in after the on-sick kick, because the bucks were trying to get to 35 before half.

THA TRUTH

They wouldnt have needed their starter to get 35

godgiven999

I don't care if we played Arkansas school for the blind, turnover are turnovers, considering JC is so dominat over the teams they played we shouldn't count any of there stats according to the standards on this thread!

Dragon I

Look at our turnovers against top 5 teams, how about that?

godgiven999

Quote from: Dragon I on October 18, 2014, 10:45:42 am
Look at our turnovers against top 5 teams, how about that?
No, I'll count all turnovers, how bout them apples?

Dragon I

Does anyone know how many JC had against Smackover, Rison, and Bearden?

godgiven999

Quote from: Dragon I on October 18, 2014, 10:57:44 am
Does anyone know how many JC had against Smackover, Rison, and Bearden?
you can't count them because JC is so supirior to them teams! 

The_Devil_Himself

Turnovers only count against starting quarterbacks of top five teams. Gurdon is probably still among the state leaders in that case. Not too many people out there have played two top five teams.
Junction City, of course, can top that. Because, not only have they convincingly defeated two top 5 teams, they themselves are ranked in the top five in two different states.

The G Gaint

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 18, 2014, 11:22:31 am
Turnovers only count against starting quarterbacks of top five teams. Gurdon is probably still among the state leaders in that case. Not too many people out there have played two top five teams.
Junction City, of course, can top that. Because, not only have they convincingly defeated two top 5 teams, they themselves are ranked in the top five in two different states.
BOOM

footballfrenzy

2013- 2nd round (JC)
Either 2012 or 13 was technically the 3rd round bc of a week 1 bye.

godgiven999

Gurdon added 2 more Int's to the Stat book Friday night to make a total of 20 for the season do far.   

dragondad

Haha!! Poor ole Devil, just can't let that loss go. Top five in two states, but living rent free in his mind.....where we're obviously #1 on his bad side.

tellitlikeitis

2013- 2nd round (JC)
Quick
Gurdon Go-Devils Playoff Stats
Conference: 2A-7
Mascot:  Go-Devils

All records are in W-L-T format. Please see the Helpful Info tab for important info on stats below.

First Playoff Game: 2001 (), Hampton (First Round Playoffs - L, 7 - 24)

Overall Playoff Record: 3-10- 0(13 Games)

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: tellitlikeitis on October 20, 2014, 04:49:39 am
2013- 2nd round (JC)
Quick

All records are in W-L-T format. Please see the Helpful Info tab for important info on stats below.

You are incorrect, sir. Gurdon went to the finals in 1987, semifinals in 1988, and quarterfinals in 1998. Still not a real impressive resume, but certainly better than you'd like to believe.

44-6

cuz

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on October 20, 2014, 07:43:39 am
Quote from: tellitlikeitis on October 20, 2014, 04:49:39 am
2013- 2nd round (JC)
Quick

You are incorrect, sir. Gurdon went to the finals in 1987, semifinals in 1988, and quarterfinals in 1998. Still not a real impressive resume, but certainly better than you'd like to believe.

44-6
Heres Gurdons stats from 2001 to present don't know about before that....,
Date   Opponent   Final Result   Game Info
2001 ()   Hampton   L, 7 - 24                     
2002 ()   Mount Ida   L, 21 - 27                     
2004 ()   Glen Rose   L, 12 - 22                     
2004 ()   Jessieville   L, 0 - 34                     
2005 ()   Mount Ida   W, 14 - 7                     
2005 ()   Charleston   L, 12 - 37                     
2006-11-10   Hoxie   L, 6 - 19                     
2007-11-16   Hoxie   L, 14 - 27                     
2010-11-12   McCrory   L, 6 - 30                     
2011-11-11   Cross County   W, 37 - 6                     
2011-11-18   Spring Hill   W, 35 - 7                     
2011-11-25   Carlisle   L, 12 - 13                     
2012-11-16   Bearden   L, 14 - 18                     

godgiven999

The Go - Devils were sick in the 90's
I have playoff wins Over Rison, Bearden, Carlisle and another I can't remember, and losses deep in the playoffs to Shiloh, Harding Acadamy and Smackover.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: dragondad on October 19, 2014, 11:40:48 pm

Haha!! Poor ole Devil, just can't let that loss go. Top five in two states, but living rent free in
his mind.....where we're obviously #1 on his bad side.

The Devil has a proposition. How about next time JC plays Gurdon, either you just bring your Arkansas boys or just bring your Louisiana boys. I'll bet you guys get skulldrug like the good ole days when we were all in the 7AA and JC usually finished 6th.

THA TRUTH

They had ark and louisiana kids back then too

Dragon I

I pray, by some miracle, Gurdon finds a way to make it to WMS.  It was so awesome shutting y'alls mouths last year, and it will be a great feeling again this year!

godgiven999

Quote from: Dragon I on October 20, 2014, 07:15:04 pm
I pray, by some miracle, Gurdon finds a way to make it to WMS.  It was so awesome shutting y'alls mouths last year, and it will be a great feeling again this year!

[/quote
Oh you got me all wrong, I'm going to talk either way, how bout you play in 4a where you belong.

Dragon I

Woohoo, you got me!  No, you'll shut up.  Just like y'all did last year, and just like you were silent when y'all got beat down your first two games.

godgiven999

I was out of the country the first 2 games, and I didn't shut up last season because we lost, I was caught up in my Auburn team.

Dragon I

Wow!  Talk about a coincidence!  You miraculously were missing after all of Gurdons losses, and even early in the year when y'all looked like hot garbage, yet it had nothing to do with the fact that y'all were losing!  That is amazing!

godgiven999

RiverEagle079

footballfrenzy

The Glen Rose loss was 22-21 and it was 2003. The 2004 loss is accurate to Jessieville, 34-0. The 2004 record was 6-5, not 5-7 or whatever record fearless has. For whatever reason Fearless has had it like that. Either way, losing or winning to JC will not keep us quite, nothing will. When Gurdon loses it's not that any of us are being "quite," we just don't care about anyone else to get back on here until the next season.

Dragon I

No one ever said you were being "quite."  Quite what?  Y'all shut up and go away, that's all that matters.  And to think, I was one of the ones on here saying I missed you guys.

godgiven999

Quote from: Dragon I on October 20, 2014, 07:50:07 pm
No one ever said you were being "quite."  Quite what?  Y'all shut up and go away, that's all that matters.  And to think, I was one of the ones on here saying I missed you guys.

Well I'm flattered  ;D

footballfrenzy

Nope. We'll be around for the next 7-8 weeks on the way to play in WMS. No getting rid of us.

Dragon I

A back handed compliment is a compliment.  Just be happy, and get to WMS.  That's our only hope for this board being fun.

godgiven999

Our main Gurdon Ball Hawk met with Beilma this past weekend at War Memorial. Might be a Hog be cause of his bawl hawk skills  ;D

Dragon I

Another reason Arkansas will continue to struggle in the SEC.

footballfrenzy

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 20, 2014, 08:00:06 pm
Our main Gurdon Ball Hawk met with Beilma this past weekend at War Memorial. Might be a Hog be cause of his bawl hawk skills  ;D
I don't know the level of interest the hogs are giving Mr. Harvell, but this is a true story.

godgiven999

Quote from: Dragon I on October 20, 2014, 08:01:40 pm
Another reason Arkansas will continue to struggle in the SEC.
you realize this Arkansas team has some JC players on it

dart

why do you think they struggle

Dragon I

Congrats to the kid.  Hope he gets his wish.  I just don't see how 2B's can continue taking border line project players and build competitive SEC depth.  Not saying he hasn't improved them, but even Houston Nutt was competitive.  It takes a lot more to win big in this conference.

Dragon I

Doesn't change the facts.  Congrats to AT.  He has represented JC and Arkansas wonderfully.  He still wouldn't start at safety for any of the top 10 SEC teams.

godgiven999

I agree, it's seldom a kid that plays in lower classifications projects well to top caliber teams. But every team can use 4.3 4.4 players

footballfrenzy

Quote from: Dragon I on October 20, 2014, 08:06:18 pm
Congrats to the kid.  Hope he gets his wish.  I just don't see how 2B's can continue taking border line project players and build competitive SEC depth.  Not saying he hasn't improved them, but even Houston Nutt was competitive.  It takes a lot more to win big in this conference.
You'd be tooting a different tune if we were talking about a JC kid (and yes I'm aware of the guy at JC).

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas