• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hootens on Bearden

Started by Backwoods Bart, October 14, 2014, 07:42:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Backwoods Bart

Did Chris Hooten just now say on 103.7 the buzz that this years BEARDEN O/Line is the best in the last decade?
Oh yes he did!

searkhogfan

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: searkhogfan on October 14, 2014, 07:49:28 pm
He's Smokin Crack.
[/quote

They were on the sidelines @ Woodlawn watching that drumming. Taking notes

dragonpride27

We will see in a few days....if the rest of the starters play...no surprise 3 are out...will be more by friday

natedogg713

Bearden has had some good OL groups in the past years to say that this years is the best in the past decade I'm not so sure about look at that line from 2009 they had two That went on to play for D-1 schools not to mention the depth and also the line from 2007 where they were dominant over the 2a

cuz

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 14, 2014, 07:42:11 pm

Did Chris Hooten just now say on 103.7 the buzz that this years BEARDEN O/Line is the best in the last decade?
Oh yes he did!
Heres Hooties take on it.......
No. 1 Junction City at No. 2 Bearden
For the first time in a month, two-time defending state champion Junction City will not see a white flag from the opponent before halftime. Junction City has won 32 consecutive games and met little resistance the past three weeks while torching Hermitage, Hampton and Parkers Chapel by a combined 213-8. Senior tailback Jaqwis Dancy has rushed just 30 times this season for 577 yards and 10 touchdowns. Senior Keandre Evans paces the Dragons with seven receptions for 149 yards and five TDs. Senior linebacker Josh Armstrong (47 tackles) leads a defense that allows 142 yards (2.9 yards per play) and seven points per game.

Bearden counters with its best offensive line in a decade, featuring junior left tackle Sam Williams (6-7, 270), senior right tackle Austin Hall (6-2, 225), senior center Jesse Hawkins (6-1, 265), junior right guard Jesse Clark (5-11, 290) and senior left guard Jacob Purifoy (5-10, 215), who is filling in for injured left guard James Clowers (6-3, 220). Senior QB Jamond Young topped 1,000 rushing yards this season with 192 yards and a TD in just over a half last week when Bearden shut out Woodlawn 22-0. The game was called due to weather with 10 minutes left in the third quarter. Senior Justin Horstkamp shifted from outside to inside linebacker last week for injured Devontae Ross (strained knee) and responded with 12 tackles at Woodlawn. Bearden's defense allows 15.8 ppg. Clowers, Ross and sophomore guard Kendal Porter are doubtful for Friday night.

Junction City beat Bearden 13-8 in 2013. The Dragons topped Bearden 27-26 on the final play of the 2012 state championship game after defeating the Bears 20-14 in the 2012 regular season. Junction City won 13-12 in 2011. Bearden last defeated Junction City 35-8 and 27-8 in 2010. Bearden historian Jackie Bevill documents Junction City leading the overall series 26-22-2. The Dragons have dominated since 1998, winning 15 of the past 19 meetings. Watch highlights of Bearden's Week 6 win over Woodlawn here and Junction City's Week 5 against Hampton here.

THA TRUTH

The article has already  been posted cuz

cuz

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 14, 2014, 09:09:40 pm
My bad never saw it......

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: cuz on October 14, 2014, 09:11:58 pm
Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 14, 2014, 09:09:40 pm
My bad never saw it......
[/quote

What difference does it make, cuz was just verifying my post!

THA TRUTH

Pointless effort Bart just like u supporting bearden

dragondad

Come on Truth, it's never pointless to support your team.

THA TRUTH

It's pointless to support ur team with false faith they aren't that good and could be 3 seed in the 8

Wilson

Come on truth. . what's pointless is a fan from another team telling another fan not to support their team. . that's what they are supposed to do. . if it was the other way around and Bearden was the favorite would you not support JC?. . if you didn't then that's what's called being a fair weather fan. . a real fan will support their team no matter what. . even if they were 0-5 .   not 5-0

THA TRUTH

No I'd support but like in 2010 and 2011 I didn't think jc would beat bearden I don't like biased fans

cuz

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 15, 2014, 06:02:22 am
No I'd support but like in 2010 and 2011 I didn't think jc would beat bearden I don't like biased fans
No like the rest of us you new the truth but you were hoping otherwise. I know how you feel about biased fans, kinda feel the same way about arrogant ones............

Jesus Saves

I'm a die hard Bearden Bear, BUT this year's O-Line at Bearden, even in full strength, couldn't lace the cleats of the 09 O-Line.  Fact!!  Not even comparable! 

Dragon I

Boom.  A non biased opinion.  Now, this poor soul will be ripped by the rest of the Bearden fans.  I actually understand what TT is saying.  I don't like talking sports with people that have a blind love for one team.  It gets in the way of logical thinking.  If you look across the board, JC is better than Bearden at every position except 1, they have more depth, and better coaching.  Logic says JC wins this game.  I know logic doesn't play on Friday night, so we will just have to wait and see.  The only people saying this game will be close are Bearden "fans."  In other words, people that have a biased opinion.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Jesus Saves on October 15, 2014, 07:42:13 am
I'm a die hard Bearden Bear, BUT this year's O-Line at Bearden, even in full strength, couldn't lace the cleats of the 09 O-Line.  Fact!!  Not even comparable!

No D-1 offers on the 09 line. you're right its not even comparable!

Dragon I

October 15, 2014, 08:55:35 am #18 Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 08:59:39 am by Dragon I
Single talent does not make a unit.  Sorry.  Ask anyone from JC if they would rather have Bell at DE or Ball at DE.  They're gonna go with Ball.  He didn't have the Arkansas offer, but was a beast and played nasty.  Same thing at TE.  Give me Koby McKinnon at TE any day over Bell.  Bell is a Beast and has a ton of potential, but those guys were dominant in high school.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Dragon I on October 15, 2014, 08:55:35 am
Single talent does not make a unit.  Sorry.  Ask anyone from JC if they would rather have Bell at DE or Ball at DE.  They're gonna go with Ball.  He didn't have the Arkansas offer, but was a beast and played nasty.  Same thing at TE.  Give me Koby McKinnon at TE any day over Bell.  Bell is a Beast and has a ton of potential, but those guys were dominant in high school.
this is the same Bearden team that held you 5 points the last time we played.no, Bearden does not match up to this JC team, but I like our chances let's leave it at that .

Dragon I

Turnovers.  If JC has 4 or more, Bearden has a chance.  If they don't, JC cruises. 

THA TRUTH

Only reason last year was as close as it was was because of fumbles especially when in scoring position

cuz

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 15, 2014, 03:47:30 pm
Only reason last year was as close as it was was because of fumbles especially when in scoring position
Kinda like JC played Smackover this year, and maybe the 150 yds of penalties they got. Things like that tend to change a game............ ;D

Jesus Saves

Bearden's emotions will be sky high but lets look at something here folks..... Since 06, this is our weakest team we've had.  It's not lack of confidence, it's not downing our coaching staff, it's not being negative... It's fact.  On the other hand, I personally think Coach Carpenter is coaching the best, most talented team he's ever coached.  I'll leave that to the JC faithful to debate, just calling it the way I see it.  We, Bearden, have struggled all season with key injuries.... It's no one's fault!  It's just one of those years. 

Bart, as far as comparing the O-Line this year to 09's.... Collins just finished a good career with Ok. St.  Jenkins walked on at Ole Miss and Douglas played at Arkansas Baptist.  We only have one lineman on this entire team that could possibly play at the next level.  In fact, there's not one lineman on this year's team that could have started for the 09 team. 

I will be there Friday night with bells on.... I'm pulling for my Bears against Goliath!  If anyone in the state can line up a knock helmets and not fear JC, it's Bearden.  I hope all kids leave this game as healthy as they started.  I just don't think we have the horses.  JMO! 

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Jesus Saves on October 15, 2014, 08:27:35 pm
Bearden's emotions will be sky high but lets look at something here folks..... Since 06, this is our weakest team we've had.  It's not lack of confidence, it's not downing our coaching staff, it's not being negative... It's fact.  On the other hand, I personally think Coach Carpenter is coaching the best, most talented team he's ever coached.  I'll leave that to the JC faithful to debate, just calling it the way I see it.  We, Bearden, have struggled all season with key injuries.... It's no one's fault!  It's just one of those years. 

Bart, as far as comparing the O-Line this year to 09's.... Collins just finished a good career with Ok. St.  Jenkins walked on at Ole Miss and Douglas played at Arkansas Baptist.  We only have one lineman on this entire team that could possibly play at the next level.  In fact, there's not one lineman on this year's team that could have started for the 09 team. 

I will be there Friday night with bells on.... I'm pulling for my Bears against Goliath!  If anyone in the state can line up a knock helmets and not fear JC, it's Bearden.  I hope all kids leave this game as healthy as they started.  I just don't think we have the horses.  JMO! 

I will admit, that was a good class, each and every one of them. No if's, ands or buts about it.
But, this line achieved in their tenth grade, what it took the 09's team 12 years to do. As far as you saying only one of these linemen could play at the next level, let me re-assure you that, two, maybe three will play at the next level, one with a D-1 offer, another with a D-2 offer, and a third drawing attention. Not walk on status like all but one of the 09' line. Apples & oranges from the 09' team. Your statement that these players would not have started on that team, if that is your observation, I respect that, but you sound like your really not a Bearden follower. That's all I have to say about this.

THA TRUTH

None of them are better that Collins or Jenkins so get out if here with that ignorance

DragonBorn

Bearden always plays their best game against JC. That being said, I don't think this years matchup will be close... as much as I want it to be

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 15, 2014, 09:32:14 pm
None of them are better that Collins or Jenkins so get out if here with that ignorance
[/quote

TT
Put the crack pipe down dude! And then ur music down, ur talking foolish!

THA TRUTH

No bro u are trying to say any if these kids could be them the 6'7 kid is a push over and Taylor mason will have his way with him Friday along with bell the same wouldn't be said for Collins or Jenkins they played on one of the better bearden teams behind 07 these kids don't match up and only a fool would think so

Wilson

This years group is very good . . .very talented . . but as far as I'm concerned the 03 team is the best and most talented team Carpenter has had. . that team had to beat a very talented Lafayette County team that was playing with 3A numbers for that one year because of consolidation . . a VERY good and undefeated Rison team in the semi's just to get to the Championship game where they had to play poppa Frank and a 14-0 Barton who they manhandled to win Carpenters first title. . .its gonna be hard for this years squad to top that. . plus that team was so deep.   very few players playing on both sides of the ball

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 15, 2014, 10:26:19 pm
No bro u are trying to say any if these kids could be them the 6'7 kid is a push over and Taylor mason will have his way with him Friday along with bell the same wouldn't be said for Collins or Jenkins they played on one of the better bearden teams behind 07 these kids don't match up and only a fool would think so

-0- of the JC kids including Bell could handle him last year, don't get your hopes up for that happening this year. Matter of fact, If Bell hadn't been a foot taller than the Bearden DB last year and out jumped him, Bell wouldn't have even been noticed. Bell is over rated.

Dragon I

He is a foot taller.  Your point makes no sense at all.  It's like saying if Dancy wasn't really fast with great vision he would just be an average running back.  Bell has freakish athletic ability.  That's why he is noticed.  Not for the stats he puts up.  It's pure potential.  I will say this.  I've been one of Bell's biggest critics, but he has showed more this year than he ever has.  It's like he finally realized all of his potential.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Dragon I on October 16, 2014, 07:34:51 am
He is a foot taller.  Your point makes no sense at all.  It's like saying if Dancy wasn't really fast with great vision he would just be an average running back.  Bell has freakish athletic ability.  That's why he is noticed.  Not for the stats he puts up.  It's pure potential.  I will say this.  I've been one of Bell's biggest critics, but he has showed more this year than he ever has.  It's like he finally realized all of his potential.

Slow down and read the post that I was responding to. If you still don't understand, a graphic demonstration will be provided friday night.

Dragon I

Ok.  You're still saying the only reason Bell did what he did last year is because he is a foot taller.  If he wasn't, he wouldn't even be noticed.  How stupid does that sound?  If Shaq were 18 inches shorter, he would just be another average guy.

THA TRUTH

The kid got pushed around all game last year one reason why young couldn't do anything he is just size that's it he will be dogged all game long and as for bell he has played well this year before this year I was questioning why ark gave him an offer but this year he has shown a lot more

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 16, 2014, 08:14:57 am
The kid got pushed around all game last year one reason why young couldn't do anything he is just size that's it he will be dogged all game long and as for bell he has played well this year before this year I was questioning why ark gave him an offer but this year he has shown a lot more

yo story b havin' a slant to it

Dragon I

Every JC poster on here has criticized Bell for not reaching his full potential.  Especially last season, when it seemed he took a step back.  Your tackles got dominated last season be a weaker, less motivated Bell.  What do you think that means for this season? 

Lions84

It IMO is the State 2A game of the WEEK!

dragondad

The state game was a wake-up call for Bell. Last year his head was full of crap after his Sophomore season. Once he realized what he had received in notoriety could easily be overshadowed, he cleared his head and got to work. The kid is 100 times more active this season than last. Still room for improvement but his work ethic and desire have caught back up with his ability.

Here's a phrase those Bears need to memorize for tomorrow night...."Y'all Get Off!!"

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Lions84 on October 16, 2014, 09:23:25 am
It IMO is the State 2A game of the WEEK!

Well god I hope so it's a top 5 battle in all polls

mtindian42

Quote from: Dragon I on October 16, 2014, 07:34:51 am
so which game did he most impress y'all? was it the hermitage Hampton or parkers chapel game that he most impressed y'all?

THA TRUTH

He did good against smackover coming off the end and I'll admit that really is the only creditable game

dragondad#1

The smackover game...next question...

Dragon I

I'll say he has looked better against PC and Rison than anyone else has this season.  Since that is the only two other playoff teams we have faced.

mtindian42

Quote from: dragondad#1 on October 16, 2014, 03:08:38 pm
The smackover game...next question...
I seen that game and in the 4Th quarter the smackover QB was getting big yards off his side...care to explain how the QB was running all over his side of the field?

dragondad#1

I didn't say he won every play...there were times he was sent on blitzes also...its just funny that you didn't mention smackover or rison...

mtindian42

Quote from: dragondad#1 on October 16, 2014, 03:23:04 pm
I didn't say he won every play...there were times he was sent on blitzes also...its just funny that you didn't mention smackover or rison...
because I know he didn't do much against REAL competition... ;D

mtindian42

Quote from: THA TRUTH on October 16, 2014, 03:08:00 pm
He did good against smackover coming off the end and I'll admit that really is the only creditable game
at least your honest...but I would have to add rison to that as well...

mtindian42

Quote from: Dragon I on October 15, 2014, 08:55:35 am
ball was way better...what ever happen to him?

THA TRUTH

Playing ball at obu now after a few year hiatus he apparently has his head on straight now which is a great thing to see

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas