• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BDUB'S WEEK 7 2A-3 PICK'S

Started by bdubyab60, October 13, 2014, 11:11:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

Been easy pickings the past 2 weeks 24-11 overall. Things get a little tougher this week with some games that should be competitive. Hopefully the weather changes for the better this week. Dont mind the cold, but cold and wet sucks. On to the games.

RECTOR @ MIDLAND (still no field that Ive heard of so this is at Rector)
Rector played their butts off against EPC but fell 42-0. Midland lost to Marked Tree 40-19. Its gonna take some time but I bleieve Rector good give people problems here in the next couple of years. Midland is probably getting tired of driving all over the country to play ball by now, props to them for comong and competing. Rector is just a bit better going with the Cougars.
RECTOR 36 MIDLAND 13

WALNUT RIDGE @ MARKED TREE
Walnut Ridge ran in to the Bulldog buzzsaw last week losing 62-0. Marked Tree ran past Midland 40-19. No love loss between these 2 teams. Winner keeps themselves in the playoff hunt and loser is behind the 8 ball. This should be a good ball game. Ill go with Indians in this one.
MARKED TREE 38 WALNUT RIDGE 28

SALEM @ EARLE
Salem ran in to the Davis train last week losing to Cross County 41-0. Earle blitzed Walnut Ridge 62-0. Bulldogs are rolling and its homecoming. Long drive for Salem and it will be a long drive back. Bulldogs like putting up the zeros.
EARLE 54 SALEM 0

2A-3 GAME OF THE WEEK
CROSS COUNTY @ EPC
Cross County rolled Salem last week 41-0 and EPC cruised past Rector 42-0. Both teams are undefeated in conference play. T-birds have the best running back in the conference, EPC has the best QB in the conference. I think this game will come down to line play. Can EPC's young offensive line hold up against CC's defensive line to give Scales time to find receivers. EPC has to contain Davis, easier said than done, and likewise CC will have to contain EPC's passing game. This isnt an early season game like last year and as many know CC was knocking on the door with time running out and EPC coming up with the stop/slip at the end. This year im expecting a shootout. Gotta go homer on this one.
EPC 42 CC 40.

CURRENT STANDINGS
Conference record in () with TBP beside
EPC         6-0 (3-0) 42 TBP
CC          4-2 (3-0) 42 TBP
EARLE     4-2 (3-0) 42 TBP
MT          3-3 (1-2)  14 TBP
WR          1-5 (1-2) 14 TBP
SALEM     1-5 (1-2) 14 TBP
RECTOR   0-5 (0-3) 0 TBP
MIDLAND 0-5 (0-3) 0 TBP

mtindian42

midland 32 rector 18. mt 28 wr 21. epc 39 cc 18. usa today score predictor

Mustang Fan

Hey dbub why you got Midland as 23 point underdog at rector?

bdubyab60

Quote from: Mustang Fan on October 15, 2014, 04:58:48 pm
Hey dbub why you got Midland as 23 point underdog at rector?
Truthfully i just guess at them. But IMO rector will win by at least 2 scores so not a real stretch to get to 23. Also Rector seems to be better after seeing both, but if Midland is going to get a win this is their shot.

mtindian42

be the 1st to say CONGRADS TO MIDLAND...on there schools 1st victory...your coaches told you it would come. and you believed...good win guys...

bdubyab60

Good job Midland Mustangs. Im actually glad I missed that one.

Mustang Fan

Thanks dbub it was a great win. 14 players that battled all night with Rector. Tailback Caleb Altom had 180 yards on 17 carries

Mustang Fan

Donnie Jamon

Always fun to be on the winning side.  Congrats to MT who is getting a lot better, Midland, CC and Earle.

mtindian42

Quote from: Mustang Fan on October 17, 2014, 10:56:52 pm
Big thanks to mtindian42 also!!
your welcome mustang...your kids been threw a lot this year...that bus ride home was fun times I'm sure...

playmaker04

Good job Midland from TBird Nation.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Mustang Fan on October 17, 2014, 10:55:00 pm
Thanks dbub it was a great win. 14 players that battled all night with Rector. Tailback Caleb Altom had 180 yards on 17 carries
No problem man. Those kids were real respectful to me when I talked to them. They deserved a win

mtindian42

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on October 17, 2014, 10:59:58 pm
Always fun to be on the winning side.  Congrats to MT who is getting a lot better, Midland, CC and Earle.
thanks DJ. and y'all keep your heads up...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas