• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dierks @ LC

Started by Big Boy, October 12, 2014, 10:48:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins this one?

Dierks
LC

Big Boy

Should be a good one.  I hope the Outlaws defense that showed up the 2nd half of the last game shows up all 4 quarters next week, and the offense gets out of the rut!  I think we will and I'll go with the Outlaws by 12.  Go Big Blue.

nukinhawg

October 12, 2014, 06:41:47 pm #1 Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 06:44:05 pm by nukinhawg
Wish I could go down to Stamps (my HS) and watch this one.  Unfortunately previously laid plans will prevent it.

Dierks has been solid for a while and LC looking good 2 years removed from a season forfeit.

Really would like to see the RB's face off.

Jaybo

This one should be a dandy. It really could go either way. The Outlaws defense will have to play well to keep the LC back in check.

outlaws4life26

Should be a good game. The Dierks defense stepped up in the 2nd half, maybe they finally come together as a unit, if so could be a long night for the Cougars. We will see Friday night if the defense did find the things that make them click as a whole going be some exciting Outlaw football for the rest of the season. I have seen Outlaw offense struggle for most of the season. Whats the problem with them? I never thought to watch how the defenses were playing against us. In the last couple of days i was talking to some friends and they said they have seen teams stack the box to stop the run which would make the struggles on offense understandable. Seeing as we are not the best at passing the ball. I think the Outlaws need to get back to a few screen passes with the wrs and rbs and when they stack the box get some quick slants and te dumps. We need to to get some kind of balance. The games i have seen us pass always a shotgun and deeper routs. Shorting the routs and loosing the defense and that will get McKinney some room to run and he just needs a small whole and he can do the rest. My prediction will be later in the week. Gotta have a few more nights to ponder over this game.

tacklethis...

Quote from: outlaws4life26 on October 13, 2014, 09:04:09 am
Should be a good game. The Dierks defense stepped up in the 2nd half, maybe they finally come together as a unit, if so could be a long night for the Cougars. We will see Friday night if the defense did find the things that make them click as a whole going be some exciting Outlaw football for the rest of the season. I have seen Outlaw offense struggle for most of the season. Whats the problem with them? I never thought to watch how the defenses were playing against us. In the last couple of days i was talking to some friends and they said they have seen teams stack the box to stop the run which would make the struggles on offense understandable. Seeing as we are not the best at passing the ball. I think the Outlaws need to get back to a few screen passes with the wrs and rbs and when they stack the box get some quick slants and te dumps. We need to to get some kind of balance. The games i have seen us pass always a shotgun and deeper routs. Shorting the routs and loosing the defense and that will get McKinney some room to run and he just needs a small whole and he can do the rest. My prediction will be later in the week. Gotta have a few more nights to ponder over this game.

The struggles of the offense are, in my opinion....

1 down: run the ball
2 down: run the ball again
3 down and long: throw to ball to same receiver every time.

cuz

Calpreps
neutral field
[2014] Lafayette County (Stamps, AR) 22, [2014] Dierks (AR) 21
I think LC will take this one Dierks  isn't playing consistant enough ball this year.........

outlaw2929

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 13, 2014, 09:19:35 am
Quote from: outlaws4life26 on October 13, 2014, 09:04:09 am

The struggles of the offense are, in my opinion....

1 down: run the ball
2 down: run the ball again
3 down and long: throw to ball to same receiver every time.

My opinions are
1. Too much pulling and cross blocking going on, we block a lot better blocking straight forward. The defense is to fast for us to be trying all them fancy blocking schemes!
2. Need to mix it up more! 44 carries is way too many when your taking a beating  like #29 did last week
3. I agree with you outlaws4life26 and you too tacklethis!

mtindian42

mhfcharlesi

Two teams with Good Backs..Which Defense will come to play Friday? Great atmosphere for a great game..Looking forward to this showdown in Stamps!!

Ball Hawk

Blue

Mineral and Gurdon both walked their LB's up in the gaps and blitzed the corners on first and second down this pretty much eliminates a hole to run thru. We have a great back but when you get hit while you are taking a handoff its gonna be a tough night. We have recievers who can catch the ball and a QB who can throw it when he has the time. Until we start backing defenses up with the pass what you have seen the last few games is what you will continue to see. I know LC has a great back as well but I think the Outlaws will pull it out in the end.

Outlaws 32
LC 24

whoknows

I was right on my spread last week with MS... I'm gonna go with the Outlaws by 8

godgiven999

tellitlikeitis

Quote from: godgiven999 on October 14, 2014, 02:16:55 pm
LC huge in this one  ;D
Oh boy, Godgiven999 is back on the meth.... I hoped that you had finally got off that junk.

tacklethis...

October 14, 2014, 08:24:12 pm #14 Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 08:25:59 pm by tacklethis...
After watching film, LC gets a ton of penalties, I mean a ton!

The Outlaws need to play physical on defense, LC will lay it on the ground. Lot of fumbles in that game.

LCC

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 14, 2014, 08:24:12 pm

The Outlaws need to play physical on defense, LC will lay it on the ground. Lot of fumbles in that game.
Only tons of penalties from that ONE crew. I was told there were 41 penalty flags thrown between the two teams at Foreman.

Big Boy

I wouldn't count on the penalties.  When we played down there in Jr. High earlier this year, they had some home cooking going on.  I hope the same crew doesn't call the Sr. High game...

tacklethis...

Quote from: LCC on October 14, 2014, 08:53:48 pm

Only tons of penalties from that ONE crew. I was told there were 41 penalty flags thrown between the two teams at Foreman.

When the reciever takes off two seconds before the snap and wing backs lean until they fall down those are penalties, hard to blame that on the refs. Lots of holding calls as well.

LCC

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 15, 2014, 03:45:52 am

When the reciever takes off two seconds before the snap and wing backs lean until they fall down those are penalties, hard to blame that on the refs. Lots of holding calls as well.
LC doesn't have wing backs. They're slot backs. I'm not saying there weren't penalties earned, but that crew is terrible.

tacklethis...

Quote from: LCC on October 15, 2014, 07:28:34 am

LC doesn't have wing backs. They're slot backs. I'm not saying there weren't penalties earned, but that crew is terrible.

So what offense do you run? Since you are so sharp?

mhfcharlesi

No home cooking..guarantee you that because yal peewee could beat LC junior high trust me that Sr high crew is pretty good both ways..they may miss a few both ways but what crew doesn't..cone on man you seen how terrible they looked so why would you even bring the junior high up..just saying but at least they still playing and not quitting..

LCC

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 15, 2014, 08:37:06 am
Quote from: LCC on October 15, 2014, 07:28:34 am

So what offense do you run? Since you are so sharp?
I'm not sharp. I just know the difference between a wing and a slot. Not being a jerk either. It's a double slot formation. You have to have a tight end to have a wing. LC doesn't use tight ends. Double wing is two tight ends with wings. Double slot is two split ends with slots off tackles.

tacklethis...

Refs are always bad when they won't let you hold and jump offsides. Even if its a wing or a slot that's doing it!

LCC

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 15, 2014, 09:46:11 am
Refs are always bad when they won't let you hold and jump offsides. Even if its a wing or a slot that's doing it!
Did I say that? I said some were earned. Nevermind. If you don't know the difference in a slot and a wing, then you wouldn't know the difference in a block in the back from the front. I'm not going to argue with a 16 year old.

jac12_06

I'm going to say Outlaws pull this one out 27-21. That's if we show up to play..

tacklethis...

Quote from: LCC on October 15, 2014, 10:22:16 am
Quote from: tacklethis... on October 15, 2014, 09:46:11 am
Did I say that? I said some were earned. Nevermind. If you don't know the difference in a slot and a wing, then you wouldn't know the difference in a block in the back from the front. I'm not going to argue with a 16 year old.

I remember you from last year, you left the game really upset. There were some questionable calls in that game too. They were the only reason we won.

LCC

That's right. You win. Congrats. Dierks is best team ever.

Ole Man River

I know the difference between a wing and  Slot.  I also know what motion and holding is.  That crew is not bad, they just call the game a whole lot closer than other crews. I also know OMR picked this game to be the Game of the Week.  I stand by my Pick---Dierks 35-28

tacklethis...

Quote from: LCC on October 15, 2014, 11:51:46 am
That's right. You win. Congrats. Dierks is best team ever.

Man you gave up alot easier than I thought.

Big Boy

Quote from: mhfcharlesi on October 15, 2014, 09:00:18 am
No home cooking..guarantee you that because yal peewee could beat LC junior high trust me that Sr high crew is pretty good both ways..they may miss a few both ways but what crew doesn't..cone on man you seen how terrible they looked so why would you even bring the junior high up..just saying but at least they still playing and not quitting..
Not picking on LC Jr High.  I thought the LC kids played hard.  Just needed some lineman is what I remember the most.  My comment was solely geared to the ref crew.  Those guys were horrible.  Just hope it is a different crew come Friday night. 

COACH-Mike

Wing or Slot. I've called it both ways and been taught both ways.  IT IS SIMPLE TERMINOLOGY!  It has nothing to do with a TE but a position placement.  Coaches call them Slot backs or Wing backs, Sam linebackers , Mike linebacker and Will linebackers, Weak side backer, Strong side backer and middle backers its just Terminology for positions.

LCC

Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 16, 2014, 10:55:55 am
Wing or Slot. I've called it both ways and been taught both ways.  IT IS SIMPLE TERMINOLOGY!  It has nothing to do with a TE but a position placement.  Coaches call them Slot backs or Wing backs, Sam linebackers , Mike linebacker and Will linebackers, Weak side backer, Strong side backer and middle backers its just Terminology for positions.
Sorry. You're wrong. Wing-T isn't wing-t without a tight end. A tight end and split end aren't the same. You have to have 2 tight ends to have double wing. If you have two split ends and the same backs on the tackles you now have double slot. Dead T and wishbone both have 3 backs in the backfield, are they the same? No.

outlaws4life26

Well after 3 more days to ponder this game. I think that #33 sophomore middle linebacker got the defense on track. Starting in the 2nd half of the MS game. The defense seemed to come together and i think that will carry over for the rest of the year. Dierks 34 LC 20. Good luck to both teams tomorrow night. Wish i could go but gotta work.

LCC

I googled it for ya: "The slotbacks are sometimes incorrectly referred to as wingbacks. But, in order to be a wingback, there must be a guard, tackle and tight end all on one side of the center on the line of scrimmage and then the wingback off the line of scrimmage (as featured in the unbalanced formation diagram)."
No charge. Play station has paid off for me.

COACH-Mike

I googled this for you, LCC= DUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  As in blocking dummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    TERMINOLOGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hoggystyle

Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 16, 2014, 02:00:45 pm
I googled this for you, LCC= DUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  As in blocking dummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    TERMINOLOGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uh-oh......

tacklethis...

Quote from: COACH-Mike on October 16, 2014, 02:00:45 pm

Is he slot dummy or a wing dummy? Lol

El Jefe

Many times the slot back and wing back are confused, but LCC is correct the wing is 1X1 of the TE and the slot is 1X1 off the tackle. And while I'm dropping some knowledge LC wins this one 31-20

paraloma

Can the slot back be the wing back? Can the tight end be the split end? I bet they wear the same number. This is going to be very confusing for the Dierks defense. Double slot, Double wing, Single Wing, Slot I right and left,....have mercy.

I hope the Dierks radio crew can keep them separate.

And take it easy on the refs. I'm going to start calling one of you Charlie Spudbard.

tacklethis...

Quote from: paraloma on October 17, 2014, 11:50:43 am
Can the slot back be the wing back? Can the tight end be the split end? I bet they wear the same number. This is going to be very confusing for the Dierks defense. Double slot, Double wing, Single Wing, Slot I right and left,....have mercy.

I hope the Dierks radio crew can keep them separate.

And take it easy on the refs. I'm going to start calling one of you Charlie Spudbard.

Obviously we are playing enough playstation to know anything about football!

Ball Hawk

Turnovers killing the Outlaws. Should be fine in 2H if we can keep the ball

cuz

Looks like the outlaws have been arrested..... ;D

godgiven999

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: tellitlikeitis on October 14, 2014, 02:20:33 pm
Quote from: godgiven999 on October 14, 2014, 02:16:55 pm
LC huge in this one  ;D
Oh boy, Godgiven999 is back on the meth.... I hoped that you had finally got off that junk.

Correction, again.

Ball Hawk

Whew, this one got ugly.

whoknows

Dierks will be lucky to make the playoffs

Proud Buckaroo

This was a big win for the Cougars. Good game, boys.

mtindian42

eatn my crow now good win lc

Hoggy

What is wrong with Dierks?  I thought they were supposed to be good this year

Jaybo

Congrats to LC for playing hard and taking the victory. The Outlaws are in deep trouble if they don't find a way to fix all the issues with this team. If not, they'll be looking at finishing around the 4th or 5th seed.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas