• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Playoff Bracket

Started by HorseFeathers, September 19, 2014, 06:01:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Click Me

Byes go to the Winner of the 5 and 4.

Winner of the 5(if they make it this far) gets to host Junction City in the 3rd round. The winner of the 4 gets to host Bearden or Rison in the second round of the playoffs...what I great reward for getting the byes :D

Oh yeah...LCC better tell your boys to avoid that 5 seed, cause they get Junction City in the first round....

BigLion10

England hosting JC in the 3rd round that's what I'm talking bout :D jk know there's a lot of football left to be played this season

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on September 19, 2014, 06:11:25 pm
England hosting JC in the 3rd round that's what I'm talking bout :D jk know there's a lot of football left to be played this season

GOtta make it past (Hypothetically of course) an old foe...the 2 from the 6 would be the opponent in the 2nd round :D

02cat

I think Hector is a good team but I would like to see us move to a different conference so we can see more competition. We get tested maybe 2 or 3 times out of the year and then when playoffs roll around we have trouble matching up with these other teams. Not saying we would dominate or be in the running for a conf. championship every year but I feel like we need to be tested more and that in return will make our program better. We barely held up to PC last year and then got treated like a redheaded step child at JC and now possibly hosting the #2 out of that conference in Round 2, gotta get to work Cats.

LCC

HF: Hopefully Lafayette can get 3 or 4. That 5 seed isn't good! Thank goodness the Smackover game is over. The kids at Lafayette didn't shut down like I've seen in the past. Just plain outmatched. We will know more vs Murfreesboro next week.

bdubyab60

Quote from: HF on September 19, 2014, 06:01:57 pm
Click Me

Winner of the 5(if they make it this far) gets to host Junction City in the 3rd round. The winner of the 4 gets to host Bearden or Rison in the second round of the playoffs...what I great reward for getting the byes :D

Oh yeah...LCC better tell your boys to avoid that 5 seed, cause they get Junction City in the first round....
HF you may need to look at that again. Looks like the 5 seed from the 3 gets to go to JC. That's if I'm reading that bracket right

hornetfever

Hazen needs the number 1 seed out of the 6. Has a chance at WMS! Bearden in Quarters will be big game. Lot of football can't have a let down or injuries. We haven't been 100% healthy yet. But playing very well !!!

LCC

HF: I just looked...5th out of 7 gets 2nd from 8. 1st from 8, gets 5th from 3.

HorseFeathers

Still a tough row to hoe . . . If you beat bearden or rison you earn a trip to hector and get to meet the legendary hf haha

LCC

THA TRUTH

Quote from: HF on September 20, 2014, 03:32:35 pm
Still a tough row to hoe . . . If you beat bearden or rison you earn a trip to hector and get to meet the legendary hf haha

Wish I was that lucky

HorseFeathers

Talk carpenter into giving up the streak and lose to bearden and you to could be that lucky lol. . . Seriously seems like you guys get homefield almost every year lol

THA TRUTH

Always seems to work out that way but I like to travel and see games on the road

02cat

It would be great and awesome for us to host all the way to the Rock!!

dart

there will be two 2a7 teams in the semis

mhfcharlesi

Donnie Jamon

The 2 seed in the 3 looks good to me. :)

G-HIGH

Dragon I

Des Arc and MC playing in round 2 for a shot at JC.  I'm pumped for this game.  I really like road tripping in the playoffs, but the chance for these kids to have 4 more home games and to host Des Arc is awesome! 

Donnie Jamon

I don't think any 2a-7 team will be in the semi's

Cheek

godgiven999

October 20, 2014, 07:33:46 pm #21 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 07:36:22 pm by godgiven999
Gurdon will be in the semi's, I don't see another making it IMO, 
who will beat Gurdon this year before the Semi's, Brinkley?  A down  Carlisle team?
Earle vs Gurdon would be fun!

highschoolball

Hackett gets the fourth from the 2a-8. I'm guessing that will be woodlawn?

searkhogfan

Quote from: highschoolball on November 02, 2014, 08:13:01 pm
Hackett gets the fourth from the 2a-8. I'm guessing that will be woodlawn?

A good easy draw for Hackett.  Lol

Wildcat Fan

HF, I thought you would have the bracket filled out for us . LOL

HorseFeathers

i've been lazy today....watched hector friday, wonderviiew basketball in harrison satuday, and church and a little family time today...then work for 10 days in a row..i'll have the brackets for 3a and 2a posted tomorrow night, after i hook my new to me washing machine.

HorseFeathers

haven't figured out all the playoff point tiebreakers yet....but

1-5.....Conway Christian
BYE
===============
2-6.....Des ARc
5-5.....Bigelow
==========================
1-8.....Junction City
5-3.....Walnut Ridge
==============
3-8.....Bearden
4-4.....Union Christian/WEstern Yell
=======================
1-3 Cross County/Earle
5-8 Hermitage/Strong/P.C
================
3-5.....Magnet Cove/Poyen
3-7.....Lafayette County/Mt Ida
==============================
Bottom Bracket
1-4.....Hector
BYE
==============
2-8.....Rison
5-7.....Murfreesboro/Dierks
=======================
1-6.....Hazen
5-4.....Union/WYC/Decatur
=================
3-3.....Earle/EPC/Cross County
4-5.....Cove/England/Poyen
=========================
1-7.....Gurdon
5-6.....Carlisle/Brinkley
===============
3-6.....Carlisle/McCrory/Brinkley
3-4.....MntBurg
2-3.....EPC/CC/Earle
4-7.....Murf/Dierks
=============
2-5.....Poyen/England
4-3....Marked Tree

Here's The tiebreaker scenarios before accounting for playoff points...

4th 4....Union/WYC....Winner Take all this week
5th 4....WYC/Decatur....WYC--Lose to Union.....Decatur--Needs Union To lose..and to win their own game this week
==========================================================================
5th 8....Hermitage/Strong/P.C....Hermitage--Win against Bearden..I think they are eliminated if they don't by playoff points if P.C Wins against ha,pton......Strong---Hermitage lose.....P.C---Win over Hampton....Once again I haven't considered the PPTS in this one and they are very important in deciding what happens in this scenario....Hermitage beat P.C, P.C beat strong, Strong Beat Hermitage
============================================================================
2nd 5...Poyen/England---Poyen--Just win baby...England---Win...Don't think Cove can get second based off of a quick glance at playoff points
3rd 5...Poyen/Magnet Cove---Poyen--Lose to England...Magnet Cove--Win and England Lose
4th 5...Magnet Cove/England---MC--England win...England--Lose and Cove win
=============================================================================
3rd 6---McCrory/Carlisle/Brinkley-----McCrory--Win, Carlisle--Win and Brinkley Lose, Brinkley--Carlisle W and Brinkley W..PPTS come into effect in this one, so could still not be enough for Brinkley to get 3rd..
4th 6---McCrory/Carlisle/Brinkley----McCrory--Lose, Carlisle--Brinkley Lose, Brinkley--Win and McCrory Win
5th 6---Carlisle/Brinkley---Carlisle---Lose....Brinkly--Carlisle Win
=====================================================================================
2nd/3rd 7---Mt Ida/Lafayette Co....Winner takes Second., Loser takes 3rd
4th/5th 7----Murfreesboro/Dierks...Winner takes 4th loser takes 5th..
=================================================================================
1st 3--/Earle/Cross County---Cross County---WIN....Earle--Win over Cross County by 3 pts
2nd 3--EPC/CC---Cross County Lose...EPC--Earle win by 2 points or less over CC
3rd 3--EPC/Earle--Earle--Lose and EPC win...EPC-Earle Wins by 3+ points over CC

Sorry for not going into the playoff point scenarios, but hey somebody else can do that :D

Wildcat Fan

60Hog

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 20, 2014, 02:38:44 pm
Quote from: HF on September 19, 2014, 06:01:57 pm
Click Me

HF you may need to look at that again. Looks like the 5 seed from the 3 gets to go to JC. That's if I'm reading that bracket right

HF is right but you are right in your second sentence.  Read HF's post again.

WILDCATMAN

haven't figured out all the playoff point tiebreakers yet....but

1-5.....Conway Christian
BYE
===============
2-6.....Des ARc
5-5.....Bigelow
==========================
1-8.....Junction City
5-3.....Walnut Ridge
==============
3-8.....Bearden
4-4.....Union Christian/WEstern Yell
=======================
1-3 Cross County/Earle
5-8 Hermitage/Strong/P.C
================
3-5.....Magnet Cove/Poyen
3-7.....Lafayette County/Mt Ida

???????

==============================
Bottom Bracket
1-4.....Hector

BYE
==============
2-8.....Rison
5-7.....Murfreesboro/Dierks
=======================
1-6.....Hazen
5-4.....Union/WYC/Decatur
=================
3-3.....Earle/EPC/Cross County
4-5.....Cove/England/Poyen
1-7.....Gurdon
5-6.....Carlisle/Brinkley
===============
3-6.....Carlisle/McCrory/Brinkley
3-4.....MntBurg
2-3.....EPC/CC/Earle
4-7.....Murf/Dierks
=============
2-5.....Poyen/England
4-3....Marked Tree

HF
are you working on the rest of the top bracket?

I noticed the 4th seed from 8 is missing.

playmaker04

Cross county cannot be a 3. Only 1 or 2

HorseFeathers

whoops...that would be woodlawn @ hackett i believe...itjs those two teams just not sure onwho's on top of the bracket.

and thanks for th clarification on cross county i didnt take the time and look at playoff points last night.

footballfrenzy

The 2 from the 7 and their first round opponent is missing as well.

playmaker04

Quote from: HF on November 03, 2014, 11:54:41 am
whoops...that would be woodlawn @ hackett i believe...itjs those two teams just not sure onwho's on top of the bracket.

and thanks for th clarification on cross county i didnt take the time and look at playoff points last night.
thank you for the breakdown.

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 03, 2014, 10:29:26 am
Cross county cannot be a 3. Only 1 or 2
If EPC wins by 12 or more and Cross County loses, then Cross County is a 3 seed

playmaker04

It goes to a 3 way tie breaker system. Epc would have the least amount of tie breaker points so they would be eliminated from the equation. Then Earle would be 1 cross county 2 epc 3.

playmaker04

Oh,theirs an error on the standings page. Cc has 78 points not 65. I believe that's where you were looking Brian.

BrianfromCarlisle

Yep, that was it.  They didn't give them the 13 pts for the forfeit.  So you would be correct.  Good catch

playmaker04

Yeah for some reason it was applied to Midland.

HorseFeathers

I.ll fix this tonight.....and try to get playoff point scenarios as well

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas