• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5 2A Football

Started by bigworm, April 28, 2014, 09:14:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluffer

This conference is a tossup this year. from what I' have seen any team could win or any team  could get blown out on any night. It will make it exciting to watch the rest of the way. On each week I have the home team pick to win with the exception of Quitman and MP. This conference will go down to the wire for playoff seatings in my opinion.

gatecrasher

I believe it will too.

True Fan

Quote from: gatecrasher on October 04, 2014, 09:04:17 am
I wouldn't call almost 200 yds of offense in a game with a combined 80 points "stopping" anyone.
And the phrase "they haven't played anybody" is stupid. You play who's on the schedule.
A&M hadn't played anyone before last Saturday. The talk was Arkansas was their toughest test to date.
See how that turned out.

CMS = ATM     Wow ;D

True Fan

October 04, 2014, 09:25:36 am #153 Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 09:31:40 am by True Fan
Does the 5 get four or five teams in the playoffs this year?

Looked it up. Yep, we get five.

Conway Christian
Poyen
England
Magnet Cove
Bigelow

will all make the playoffs. Not necessarily in that order.  ;D

baseballgod91

Yea but your coach has a say so in your scheduling of cupcakes. Im not saying hes not good but Poyen has the best defense in 5AA so we'll see how good he really is Friday night

bigworm

Poyen may very well have the best D by seasons end. But the numbers tell a different story up to this point. These are the per game averages up to this point.

Poyen 24
Bigelow 19
Quitman 23
Cutter 21
Conway Christian 22.2
Magnet 23
England 17.8
MP 41

May not be the way it ends but this is the way it is right now.

baseballgod91

Poyen has also played 3 3A schools one of which has one of the best offenses in the state.

lionfan59

Just cant let this thread die LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sweet

October 11, 2014, 08:22:00 am #158 Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 01:33:43 am by Sweet

Conway Christian3039
Poyen2126
CMS2126
Bigelow2126
MC2119
England1213
Mountain Pine030
Quitman030

Next week:
CMS @ England
CC @ Quitman
Bigelow @ Poyen
MC @ MP

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sweet on October 11, 2014, 08:22:00 am

Conway Christian3039
Poyen2126
CMS2126
Bigelow2126
MC2119
England1213
Mountain Pine030
Quitman030

Next week:
CMS @ England
CC @ Quitman
Bigelow @ Poyen
MC @ MP

Dang, England is in danger of not making the playoffs.

Cheek

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 11, 2014, 08:39:49 am

Conway Christian3039
Poyen2126
CMS2126
Bigelow2126
MC2119
England1213
Mountain Pine030
Quitman030

Next week:
CMS @ England
CC @ Quitman
Bigelow @ Poyen
MC @ MP

Dang Pick, have faith in England .   We have already played the best three teams in the conference.   England will finish 2 or 3 in the conference if they win out.   MC, CC and Bigelow still have not played each other.  England has CMS, MP,  Quitman and Poyen left to play.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Cheek on October 11, 2014, 09:07:18 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 11, 2014, 08:39:49 am

Conway Christian3039
Poyen2126
CMS2126
Bigelow2126
MC2119
England1213
Mountain Pine030
Quitman030

Next week:
CMS @ England
CC @ Quitman
Bigelow @ Poyen
MC @ MP

Dang Pick, have faith in England .   We have already played the best three teams in the conference.   England will finish 2 or 3 in the conference if they win out.   MC, CC and Bigelow still have not played each other.  England has CMS, MP,  Quitman and Poyen left to play.

Man cheek, yall keep letting me down. Heck if yall finish 5th, i think yall may come to des arc first round.

Sweet

Next week vs CMS will will go a long way in determining England seeding.

They will beat Quitman and MP. Lose to Poyen.

True Fan

Next week:
CMS @ England
CC @ Quitman
Bigelow @ Poyen
MC @ MP

Cutter Morning Star ;D
Conway Christian
Poyen
Magnet Cove

We have already played the best three teams in the conference.   

No, y'all haven't.

cuz

October 11, 2014, 10:53:23 am #164 Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 01:56:50 pm by cuz
Quote from: True Fan on October 11, 2014, 10:49:06 am

Next week:
CMS @ England
CC @ Quitman
Bigelow @ Poyen
MC @ MP
Cutter Morning Star ;D
Conway Christian
Poyen
Magnet Cove

No, y'all haven't.
I'd listen to TF, he does know his conference...... ;)

bigworm

Dont give up on us pick. 17 of 32 are sophomores. 10 of them start. Gotta take the lumps.

True Fan

So, it's gone from taking the conference by storm and running away with it  to wait until next year?

Cheek

Quote from: True Fan on October 11, 2014, 01:58:24 pm
So, it's gone from taking the conference by storm and running away with it  to wait until next year?

I don't think any of the old heads posted England would take the conference by storm. 

Cheek

Quote from: True Fan on October 11, 2014, 10:49:06 am

Next week:
CMS @ England
CC @ Quitman
Bigelow @ Poyen
MC @ MP

Cutter Morning Star ;D
Conway Christian
Poyen
Magnet Cove

No, y'all haven't.

Historically, MC, Bigelow and CC have been the best teams in this conference.   I know Poyen is improved, but I still think England wins out.

lionfan59

I think that if the boys play the way they did at first then they will win out. Let's just hope the so called adults don't get into their heads and make them loose focus. Like creating profiles to talk crap.  And on that note. I'm going to bed. I'm still upset about a 1pt loss for them Hogs.

Thatruth

England's not winning out.  the head coach will coach them out of at least one more conference game.  England got out coached Friday night against conway Christian.

Sweet

Conway Christian4052
Poyen3131
Magnet Cove3132
England2226
CMS2226
Bigelow2226
Mountain Pine040
Quitman040

Next week:

MP @ England
CC @ CMS
Bigelow @ MC
Quitman @ Poyen

Bagheera

Anyone know what happened to Poyens RB? Heard he went down last night

Sweet

Here's what I came up with for getting #1 seed: (my thoughts)

CC is driving this bus. Win out and what anyone else does doesn't matter. (Very possible.)

MC needs to win out (Bigelow, CC, CMS), and have England beat Poyen in week 10. (Winning out is more likely than England beating Poyen)

Poyen needs to win out (Quitman, MP and England) and have MC and Bigelow beat CC. (Will likely win out but 2 losses for CC seems highly unlikely.)

England need the wheels to fall off CC, MC and Poyen buses. Best I could tell all three would have to lose out.

CMS and Bigelow don't look to have a chance. There could possibly be some wild outcome but I didn't carry it out that far.

MP and Quitman chances involve natural disasters and succession of states.

Bagheera

It will really get interesting if MC and Poyen both win out.  Which is possible.  That will make it a 3 way tie for first between CC, MC, and Poyen.  Then it will all come down to tiebreaker points.  I see Poyen winning out for sure.  England might put up a fight but the Indians will run it down their throats just like they have everyone else.  Magnet will have to play their best football from here on out to beat Bigelow, CC, and Cutter.  Conway Christian is in control but again it will come down to the MC game.  England will win two of its last three games and lock up the 4th seed.  The Bigelow Cutter game will determine who grabs the last playoff spot with the 5th seed.

My prediction going in to the playoffs...

1. CC
2. Poyen
3. MC
4. England
5. Cutter

Cheek

Quote from: Bagheera on October 20, 2014, 02:59:52 pm
It will really get interesting if MC and Poyen both win out.  Which is possible.  That will make it a 3 way tie for first between CC, MC, and Poyen.  Then it will all come down to tiebreaker points.  I see Poyen winning out for sure.  England might put up a fight but the Indians will run it down their throats just like they have everyone else.  Magnet will have to play their best football from here on out to beat Bigelow, CC, and Cutter.  Conway Christian is in control but again it will come down to the MC game.  England will win two of its last three games and lock up the 4th seed.  The Bigelow Cutter game will determine who grabs the last playoff spot with the 5th seed.

My prediction going in to the playoffs...

1. CC
2. Poyen
3. MC
4. England
5. Cutter

I have to disagree.   England will win out, so you do not have to worry about Poyen being in the mix for 1st in the conference.  I expect Conway Christian will win out and be the number one seed.  That leaves MC having to play Bigelow, CC and CMS, which I expect them to have one or maybe two losses after this stretch.   That could potentially leave England, Poyen and MC all with two conference loses.   If England beats Poyen by more then seven points, the playoff seeds will look like this.

1. CC
2. England
3. Poyen
4. MC
5. Bigelow. 

mom18

True Fan

The power of positive drinking. ;)

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Fan on October 21, 2014, 07:12:42 am
The power of positive drinking. ;)
You sound like you speak from experience?;)

True Fan

I'm a Hog and Cowboy fan. It's kind of a requirement. ;D

Hawgpilot

Conway Christian should roll up CMS this weekend.

lionfan59

Quote from: True Fan on October 21, 2014, 11:59:32 am
I'm a Hog and Cowboy fan. It's kind of a requirement. ;D
Must be!!!!!!!!!

baseballgod91

Conway Christian will win out. Poyen will win out. Bigelow will beat Magnet possibly. It will be a good game but as England fans know magnets got that home field advantage haha. England will lose to Poyen. Itll look like this
Conway Christian
Poyen
Magnet
England
Bigelow

Bagheera

The 2 seed is where it's at!

baseballgod91

lionfan59

Looks like the 1st from the 5-2a will have to play the either Rison, Bearden, or the 5th from the5-2a.  In week 2
Looks like the 2nd from the 5-2a will have to play EPC or Marked Tree, most likely Marked Tree
Looks like the 3rd from the 5-2a will have to play Gurdon, Lafayette County, or MT Ida
Looks like the 4th from the 5-2a will have to play EPC or Marked Tree, most likely EPC
Then the 5th from the 5-2a will have to play Des Arc or Hazen, and that will be determined Friday night.

here are my thoughts
1.  Conway Christian
2.-3  England/Poyen ??? this will be determined they night they meet...
4.  Magnet Cove
5. Bigelow

Alien

1st in the 5 does get a bye and will play at home the winner of the 2nd in the 6 and the 5th in the 5.

I suspect the 2nd place team will be DesArc unless they find a way to beat Hazen

lionfan59

Quote from: Alien on October 22, 2014, 03:48:29 pm
1st in the 5 does get a bye and will play at home the winner of the 2nd in the 6 and the 5th in the 5.

I suspect the 2nd place team will be DesArc unless they find a way to beat Hazen
sorry you are correct looked at bracket wrong, so like you say its either Hazen, Des Arc or the 5th from 5-2a.  Im really hoping that Des Arc knocks off Hazen this Friday night.

Sweet

Quote from: lionfan59 on October 22, 2014, 03:27:51 pm

here are my thoughts
1.  Conway Christian
4.  Magnet Cove
5. Bigelow

If MC beats Bigelow you can forget get the 2 seed.

Cheek

Quote from: Sweet on October 22, 2014, 06:58:49 pm

here are my thoughts
1.  Conway Christian
4.  Magnet Cove
5. Bigelow

How do you figure.  If MC loses to CC and England beats Poyen by more than 6 points, that will give us all two loses.   It will go to points, and England will still be the second.   It will be tough for MC to get the 2nd seed.  If they win out, they are a one seed. If they lose one of the next three, they will a 3-5 seed.  Poyen will be the 2nd seed if they win, or lose by less than six points to England.

jdwalk

October 22, 2014, 11:28:30 pm #190 Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:30:38 pm by jdwalk
Quote from: Cheek on October 22, 2014, 10:36:30 pm
Quote from: Sweet on October 22, 2014, 06:58:49 pm

here are my thoughts
1.  Conway Christian
4.  Magnet Cove
5. Bigelow

How do you figure.  If MC loses to CC and England beats Poyen by more than 6 points, that will give us all two loses.   It will go to points, and England will still be the second.   It will be tough for MC to get the 2nd seed.  If they win out, they are a one seed. If they lose one of the next three, they will a 3-5 seed.  Poyen will be the 2nd seed if they win, or lose by less than six points to England.
3 way tie if Poyen and Magnet both win out, right?

bigworm

Bagheera

CC will win out
Poyen will win out
MC will win 2 of 3
England will win 2 of 3
Poyen will beat bigelow for the 5th spot

bigworm

Quote from: Bagheera on October 23, 2014, 12:05:21 pm
CC will win out
Poyen will win out
MC will win 2 of 3
England will win 2 of 3
Poyen will beat bigelow for the 5th spot

poyen already beat bigelow. do you mean that poyen beating them put bigelow at the 5th spot?

Bagheera

Sorry I meant Cutter will beat Bigelow.  Nothing against them. Just my prediction!

Bluffer

Bigelow wins the next 2 weeks. Nothing against MC ::)

Bagheera

We shall see tomorrow! Very possible

True Fan

Anythings possible. Well, except Pine or England winning out.

Bigditchlion

England looks healthy, they will win out. Looks like a wild couple of weeks coming up for the 2 seed.

big E

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas