• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lamar??

Started by TheTruth2010, November 15, 2014, 11:42:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTruth2010

How good will they be this year?

Proud Buckaroo

You will find out Saturday morning. Lol.

BigMan15

They return two starters from last year....will be a solid team

TheTruth2010

WPWells

I have them second in conference

BigMan15

I have them 3rd or 4th in the conference

TheTruth2010

Hmm might have to make my way to a couple games this year. I should be on 1st shift by January. 2nd shift is for the birds, especially on Friday nights!

Basketballfan13

How good are Lamar girls compared to last year? Did they lose/gain anyone?

Clara Allen

Lamar girls are pretty solid.  Lost one starter from last year's team. Picked up a couple of sophomores who will log playing time and a junior who did not play last year.  Won the Westside tournament over the weekend  the seniors on the team are on a mission.

RTF

Lamars girls will be better.. I have the boys at 3rd behind Chuck and Paris

HorseFeathers

Quote from: warriorsforever2 on November 18, 2014, 05:39:27 am
Lamar girls are pretty solid.  Lost one starter from last year's team. Picked up a couple of sophomores who will log playing time and a junior who did not play last year.  Won the Westside tournament over the weekend  the seniors on the team are on a mission.

They beat a top 5 1A team tonight..

macadoshis

Lamar girls are the real deal. 

voodoo fastpitch

Quote from: macadoshis on November 20, 2014, 07:41:35 pm
Lamar girls are the real deal.
Lamar 5/0 start on their season. No one has come close..
They stay healthy, they will  make a solid run this season
And yes this bunch is the real deal for Lamar they
Have played together since a very young age.

macadoshis

Lady Warriors play tenacious defense and run the floor very well.  And Linsey Frost can rain down threes on you as well as anyone in the state.  They are a fun bunch to watch. 

WPWells

Lamar will be tough this year

bighurt411

Quote from: HF on November 18, 2014, 10:08:27 pm
Lamar girls are very good but there wasn't a winner in the Westside Tournament as it was a round robin tournament. JC Westside won all three of their games as well.

bighurt411

Some people had Paris favored to win the conference but I think Lamar girls are much better.

macadoshis

I don't see anyone in our conference beating them

macadoshis

Paris is usually our big competition.  But I don't think they have the fire power the Lady Warriors have.  Love it when we beat Paris.  All is right in the world.

macadoshis

The "round robin" could have been scheduled where Lamar and Westside played each other then we wouldn't have to have this conversation.  I don't see any team in the county being able to stay close to the Lady Warriors IMO.

voodoo fastpitch

Quote from: macadoshis on November 23, 2014, 04:15:13 pm
The "round robin" could have been scheduled where Lamar and Westside played each other then we wouldn't have to have this conversation.  I don't see any team in the county being able to stay close to the Lady Warriors IMO.
I don't think charleston or Paris will stop Lamar. Not after watching charleston. Paris lost to a good westside team in their season opener. That's got to shake the confidence of a ranked team. Over ranked if you ask me.  :o

-Painted Fan-

Charleston is a year or so away.

voodoo fastpitch

Quote from: bighurt411 on November 23, 2014, 09:05:22 am
Quote from: HF on November 18, 2014, 10:08:27 pm
Lamar girls are very good but there wasn't a winner in the Westside Tournament as it was a round robin tournament. JC Westside won all three of their games as well.

westside wasn't a round robin either it was a shoot and yes Lamar was the Boss!! Meaning they won the shoot out.

bighurt411

I prefer tourneys where a winner is crowned but the Lady Rebel Shootout isn't one. It does provide
Good competition. We won our three games pretty convincingly too.

TheTruth2010

I guess I'll have to be watching some of the girls games this year! Only made one game last year. I'll have to see what I can do.

macadoshis

Wish the director had scheduled Westside against Lamar.  Not sure they wanted to know the truth.

bighurt411

I think Westside and Lamar girls will both make deep tournament runs in their respective
Classifications. Two very talented teams.

macadoshis

Scranton Lady Rockets come to town tonight.  Should be a little bit of a test tonight. 

Clara Allen

Good job tonight Lady Warriors in your win against Scranton!

WPWells

Congrats! The Lady Warriors are tough!

voodoo fastpitch

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 25, 2014, 09:37:01 pm
Congrats! The Lady Warriors are tough!
lady warriors were flat tonight and still got a good win. I thought Scranton looked good also. Good luck to them on what I think will be a good season for them. And great job lady warriors.. They showed strength even playing a little off. Excited to see just how far they go.

TheTruth2010

How did the boys do?

Clara Allen

The boys fought hard but came up short.  Coach Miller had his football boys back for the first time.  I was impressed with the play of a couple of the young kids. Once everyone is on the same page they will get it together.

macadoshis

Lamar Lady Warriors will open play Wednesday in the Two Rivers tourney.  Bring home some hardware ladies.  First of many!

voodoo fastpitch

Quote from: macadoshis on November 30, 2014, 05:01:53 pm
Lamar Lady Warriors will open play Wednesday in the Two Rivers tourney.  Bring home some hardware ladies.  First of many!
DEFEND THE TITLE!!! Lady Warriors!! #theroadtostate #therealdeal!!

Clara Allen

Congratulations to the Lady Warrios in their first place title at the Scranton Tournament today!!!   Good things coming for these young ladies!!! :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas