• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valley Springs Boys

Started by HeadTiger, November 14, 2014, 04:08:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadTiger

OK I know a lot of you guys are tired of valley talk but as a fan I would like to say they are as good if not better than the team last year. Very suprisng to me but I guess I should've expected that with J Taylor.

They beat Norfork by 8, a team that beat Flippin by around 20, if I'm not mistaken? Correct me if I am wrong. I am going to go out on a limb and say they win the 3a 1east conference and districts and make it to state and may upset a team or two.

WPWells

Good luck to them this year! I know we had our differences last year, but I truly have nothing against Valley. Hope to see y'all at state!

Head Lion

The one gripe I always had with Valley was an inflated record, but I knew if Johnny Taylor would add some bulk to their schedule quickly. He is not much on playing cupcakes, he tries to find out good stiff competition to get his teams ready for post season.

bulldog42

Quote from: HeadTiger on November 14, 2014, 04:08:49 pm
OK I know a lot of you guys are tired of valley talk but as a fan I would like to say they are as good if not better than the team last year. Very suprisng to me but I guess I should've expected that with J Taylor.

They beat Norfork by 8, a team that beat Flippin by around 20, if I'm not mistaken? Correct me if I am wrong. I am going to go out on a limb and say they win the 3a 1east conference and districts and make it to state and may upset a team or two.
Norfork beat Flippin by 10, it was closer then that and Flippin Beat Norfork by five the first game.   It wii be fun on December 15

bobcats

I'll take Flippin.  To beat Valley you must have good guard play.  Flippin has that.  Also, who has Valley beaten on the road?  They can't play all their games at home.

HeadTiger

They played bay on the road and lost in OT to answer that question

Moonshiner

Quote from: HeadTiger on November 15, 2014, 12:08:20 am
They played bay on the road and lost in OT to answer that question

To be fair, it was on a neutral floor.  But....they are still pretty good.

HeadTiger

Quote from: bobcats on November 14, 2014, 10:49:21 pm

I'll take Flippin.  To beat Valley you must have good guard play.  Flippin has that.  Also, who has Valley beaten on the road?  They can't play all their games at home.

Bobcats, my question for you are Dalton Hogue and Cody Shearer above exceptional guards? In an unbiased opinion you would be crazy to pick 2 guards from the 1 east on the same team better than that combo. Polite is a great guard but Flippin's second best guard isn't on Hogue's level athletically or as experienced.

bobcats

November 16, 2014, 02:12:07 am #8 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 03:30:05 pm by bobcats
Quote from: HeadTiger on November 15, 2014, 11:34:16 pm
Quote from: bobcats on November 14, 2014, 10:49:21 pm

Bobcats, my question for you are Dalton Hogue and Cody Shearer above exceptional guards? In an unbiased opinion you would be crazy to pick 2 guards from the 1 east on the same team better than that combo. Polite is a great guard but Flippin's second best guard isn't on Hogue's level athletically or as experienced.

While I do like Hogue's game, I would take Rogers over both of them.  Hogue is solid though I would not call him "above exceptional".  He is above average.  I'm sorry, beating a parade of 1A schools at home doesn't impress me.  It's what you do in February that people remember, not October.

I will be the first to say, that Flippin is not clicking this year like they finished the year last year.  I'm sure Dion will get them rolling soon, so I would hope to play them sooner not later.

HeadTiger

November 16, 2014, 09:17:23 pm #9 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:24:22 pm by HeadTiger
I respect your opinion but c'mon man. What exactly has Rogers done in February then? I didn't want to bring up Marshall either because you have nothing to argue there LOL. But I had to because you would take Rogers over Hogue. Wow.. Wow..

And I would also like to bring up that Valley has always played 1a schools preseason and have ended the season with at the least a state tournament berth. In some instances state finals and state final fours.

@CurryLegion

November 16, 2014, 09:45:34 pm #10 Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 03:14:31 pm by bocatfanforlife
Quote from: HeadTiger on November 16, 2014, 09:17:23 pm
I respect your opinion but c'mon man. What exactly has Rogers done in February then? I didn't want to bring up Marshall either because you have nothing to argue there LOL. But I had to because you would take Rogers over Hogue. Wow.. Wow..

And I would also like to bring up that Valley has always played 1a schools preseason and have ended the season with at the least a state tournament berth. In some instances state finals and state final fours.
What has Hogue done?

HeadTiger

November 16, 2014, 10:19:29 pm #11 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 10:21:11 pm by HeadTiger
What has hogue done? He's made it past the first round of the district tournament unlike your Bobcats(if your from Marshall)

bobcats

Quote from: HeadTiger on November 16, 2014, 10:19:29 pm
What has hogue done? He's made it past the first round of the district tournament unlike your Bobcats(if your from Marshall)

Bobcatfanforlife is definitely a Flippin fan, and they were in the district finals last year.  Also, check yor schedule, Dec 15th is when VS travels to Flippin.

Bergman1820

Dec. 15th
Sr.Boys:
Valley wins by 8. Even with the game being on the Bobcats home floor The Tigers pull out a close one.

Sr.Girls:
Valley's Starters play 2 mins of the 3rd quarter before resting the rest of the game.

HawgDaddy

Can't we just like them all?  Valley's boys are better than most expected, while Flippin's are not playing as well as everyone thought they would.  With that said, it is really early. 

Flippin, Valley, Yellville, and Marshall are probably the top 4; however, that's why they play the games in real life rather than on paper.  Cotter boys are better than expected and Melbourne/Green Forest haven't played a game yet.  Bergman and Mtn. View are about what most expected.  It should be fun, but here are my as of the moment predictions for the boys side of this league.

1. Flippin
2. Valley Springs
3. Marshall
4. Yellville-Summit
5. Bergman
6. Cotter
7. Melbourne
8. Mtn. View
9. Green Forest

bobcats

Quote from: HawgDaddy on November 17, 2014, 09:30:02 am
Can't we just like them all?  Valley's boys are better than most expected, while Flippin's are not playing as well as everyone thought they would.  With that said, it is really early. 

Flippin, Valley, Yellville, and Marshall are probably the top 4; however, that's why they play the games in real life rather than on paper.  Cotter boys are better than expected and Melbourne/Green Forest haven't played a game yet.  Bergman and Mtn. View are about what most expected.  It should be fun, but here are my as of the moment predictions for the boys side of this league.

1. Flippin
2. Valley Springs
3. Marshall
4. Yellville-Summit
5. Bergman
6. Cotter
7. Melbourne
8. Mtn. View
9. Green Forest

I agree 100%.  Let's play and see who comes out on top.  Marshall has Yellville on Friday and Melbourne on Tuesday before Thanksgiving.  Should know more about all 3 after that.

cdelaney

Where is that DOCHOLLIDAY dude to ask the essential question?

ZoneBuster

Quote from: cdelaney on November 17, 2014, 02:51:38 pm

Where is that DOCHOLLIDAY dude to ask the essential question?

He's bummed about Harrison making the playoffs probably lol.

ballmember

Did Wonderview girls beat Valley Springs?  I had heard that but did not think so since played at Valley Springs; any particulars???  thanks.

HeadTiger

ballmember

Looking forward to Marvin Newton Classic at Viola on  11/28.  Valley Springs boys play Gainesville, mo  that will be very interesting.  7 games that day . 

Bergman1820

November 19, 2014, 01:46:01 am #21 Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:48:08 am by vstigerz
Quote from: ballmember on November 18, 2014, 09:49:26 pm
Looking forward to Marvin Newton Classic at Viola on  11/28.  Valley Springs boys play Gainesville, mo  that will be very interesting.  7 games that day .

I went last year. Really looking forward to it as well this year.

11:00am - Viola vs. Salem - Boys
12:15pm - ICC vs. Cedar Ridge - Boys
1:30pm - ICC vs. Gainesville, MO - Girls
2:45pm - Valley Springs vs. Gainesville - Boys
4:00 pm- Flippin vs. Salem - Girls
5:15 pm - Flippin vs. Rosebud - Boys
6:30 pm - Viola vs. Bakersfield, MO - Girls

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas