• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Games 11/14/14

Started by bulldog42, November 14, 2014, 07:36:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog42

Here are the games for tonight 11/14/14 per AHSAA.
* denotes conference games please report any changes

3A1W
Haas Hall @ Alpena
West Fork @ Gentry

3A1E
Flippin @ Cotter *
Southside Batesville @ Melbourne
Valley Springs @ Kingston

3A2
Cross County @ Bald Knob
White County Central @ Cedar Ridge
Rose Bud @ Quitman

3A3
Corning @ Rector (Boys)
Manila @ Riverside (Boys)
Osceola @ Marion (Boys)
Armorel @ Piggott (Boys)
Piggott @ Walnut Ridge ( Girls)

3A4

3A5
BHG @ Ouachita

3A7
Kirby @ Cossatot River
Genoa Central @ Lafayette County
Arkadelphia @ Prescott (Girls)

3A8
Drew Central @ Dermott

TheGovernor

Westside plays quitman. Not rose bud.

emthawg

jvance

Genoa Central/Lafayette Cty game has been postponed due to LC in football playoffs. Will make it up in December.

bulldog42

Sr girls half
Flippin 23
Cotter 12

Head Lion

I left with a couple minutes left and Lions up 70-52.

bulldog42

Finals:
Sr. Girls
Flippin 52
Cotter 28

Sr boys
Flippin 54
Cotter 36

Timberwolf08

CR won by 20 or so against their old conference rival. Good luck to WCC in 2A this year. They should have no problem winning CR's old conference.

Ctucker

Thanks timber wolf it tell you what I wondered how good y'all would be with loss of older brothers. Not worried about y'all now y'all we have great season the younger brothers are awsome. Austin can not be pressed very smart player. I look for them to be back in state if not this season next for sure. Good luck to y'all.

Eagle20

Any 3A games today or tonight?

tacomeat

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on November 15, 2014, 07:48:56 am
CR won by 20 or so against their old conference rival. Good luck to WCC in 2A this year. They should have no problem winning CR's old conference.

WCC is a really good squad (seen them twice). CR is for real, they've got a D-1 player in Austin Reaves (easily best player in 3a). Calling it now 4 peat. 11/15/14.

BigMan15

what offers from D1 schools does Austin have????

doubled

Austin is just a JR, had surgery on shoulder and was rehabbing all summer so no aau ball. The future is bright if he stays healthy or at least it is for most 6'5 point guards that can handle the Rock like he can. What makes the cedar ridge team special  is their all about winning and that's what matters.

BigMan15

So hes not a D1 player yet is what ur saying??

doubled

Well all I can do is give u the facts and let you decide for yourself bigman.  First as a 9th grader he was guarded by a D1 player Sturdivant and he couldn't handle him and got a ring oh yeah believe super monk was on that team too. Austin was 5'10 then now he's 6'5 now.  Second he wore people out last year with a dislocated shoulder that would have made lesser kids quit and got a second ring.  I mean I don't know much about basketball but 6'5 TRUE guard is nothing to shake your head at. I don't think he's as good as Monk and I've seen them play each other 2 times but he's darn good.

BigMan15

I am not downing the kid ive never seen him play...as far as size i know what u mean my son is a 6'4 guard and hes a sophmore...i just wouldnt call someone D1 unless they have a D1 offer from a college...

Basketballfan13

He will get a D1 offer, might not be a great offer but he will get one.

TheGovernor

He will prolly get D1 offer but he shouldn't take it. Could get more PT and a better basketball experience playing at D2 level. Like Roark from concord. Kid is good but would have better basketball career at D2

Eagle20

Calling kids guards just because they shoot outside can be misleading.  The true barometer of whether a kid can play guard at a certain level is can they guard that position at that level.

doubled

Everyone calling him a guard has nothing to do with his ability to shoot it's because he can pass and handle the rock and keep it safe. He's a TRUE guard that can score in bunches on high school athletes but in college he will be a guard and a darn good one.

Ctucker

I agree he can handle the rock has great vision and can guard. Great size and he is a winner.he gives a hundred percent and does not take a play off.

chickasaw fan

I agree with Eagle. you must be able to guard. If you cant them scouts will pass on a player. Ive seen players that could shoot the lights out but there feet were to slow. Couldn't guard.

Timberwolf08

Austin is the best PG I've seen in all my years of watching and covering basketball. Not biased. Just fact. He was always so small he had to learn to worm around and manuver his body to get a shot off and now he has all those moves and is 6'5. Kid can play.

WPWells

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on November 16, 2014, 07:38:42 pm
Austin is the best PG I've seen in all my years of watching and covering basketball. Not biased. Just fact. He was always so small he had to learn to worm around and manuver his body to get a shot off and now he has all those moves and is 6'5. Kid can play.

Sounds like Gordon Hayward

SoftballMom

Good boys game, but Flippin MUST hit their FT or it's going to cost them some conference games. It can't be hit or miss games, it has to be consistent.

Quote from: bulldog42 on November 14, 2014, 09:42:42 pm
Finals:
Sr. Girls
Flippin 52
Cotter 28

Sr boys
Flippin 54
Cotter 36

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas