• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A-1E Next Year

Started by bobcats, March 17, 2014, 06:27:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoneBuster

Quote from: HF on May 29, 2014, 07:58:36 pm
Quote from: ZoneBuster on May 28, 2014, 03:30:57 pm
He's a missouri guy, right? I know of one Bergman parent that seemed excited by the hire.

Talked to coach Halitza...He reads these boards, and I think you offended him with the calling him a Missouri guy lol. He's from Western Arkansas(Acorn), Got both his Degrees in Arkansas...and until last year had only coached in Arkansas. And he was at Kennet Missouri Last year..

He's gonna need some thicker skin, then ;)

Ha sorry. The only info I had on him was that he took a big missouri school with 6 girls to the final 4. How much truth to that,  I do not know. Lol

Glad he's back to his state, I much prefer it myself. Good luck with those lady Tigers, Coach ;)

Googlymoogly

Quote from: bulldog42 on May 29, 2014, 09:53:38 am
OK with all the coaching changes I thought I would try to catch everyone up on who is coaching where.  Please let me know if I have anything wrong. I noted those that are new for the upcoming year.  There is still one opening in the conference and that is Melbourne Girls:

Bergman:
Boys: Bo Martin, Girls: James Halitzka(New)
Cotter:
Boys: Chad Wheeler, Girls: Allison Handy
Flippin:
Boys: Dion Hargrove, Girls: Jason Hughes (New)
Green Forest:
Boys: Brandon Stone, Girls: Kyle Farrar
Marshall:
Boys: Kelby Drennan, Girls: Derek Shaw
Melbourne:
Boys: Dennis Wilson (New), Girls: OPEN
Mt View:
Boys: Jeff Morrow, Girls: Steve Ross
Valley Springs:
Boys: Johnny Taylor, Girls: Kimberly Jenkins
Yellville-Summit:
Boys: Broc Adams (New), Girls: Kara Busch

Derek Shaw is no longer the girls coach at Marshall. He was "reassigned" during the spring. I don't even know if they hired anyone for the spot or hired from within.

bulldog42

OK with all the coaching changes I thought I would try to catch everyone up on who is coaching where.  Please let me know if I have anything wrong. I noted those that are new for the upcoming year.  There is still one opening in the conference and that is Melbourne Girls:

Bergman:
Cotter:
Flippin:
Green Forest:
Marshall:
Boys: Kelby Drennan, Girls: OPEN
Melbourne:
Mt View:
Valley Springs:
Yellville-Summit:

HawgDaddy

Derek Shaw is no longer at Marshall coaching girls.  I believe Coach Nash will coach the girls this year.

TheOfficial

Bergman:
Cotter:
Flippin:
Green Forest:
Marshall:
Boys: Kelby Drennan, Girls: Derek Shaw
Melbourne:
Mt View:
Valley Springs:
Yellville-Summit:

You have one wrong.  Derek Shaw was relieved of his coaching duties at Marshall.  As of right now the principal is filling the position.

bobcats

I know both Valley and Bergman participated in the Harding team camp over the weekend.  Anyone have any information as to how things went?  I know it is camp but it should give them an idea as to where they stand and how far they have to go.

TheOfficial

Two of Melbourne girls best players have transferred to ICC.  That will drop them from one of the top 3A teams in the state to one of the weaker.  On the other hand ICC will be a 1A powerhouse!

Basketballfan13

Quote from: TheOfficial on June 10, 2014, 08:34:16 am
Two of Melbourne girls best players have transferred to ICC.  That will drop them from one of the top 3A teams in the state to one of the weaker.  On the other hand ICC will be a 1A powerhouse!
Who was the other girl besides the big freshman post?

Hornetzone

Eric Teague from Harrisburg is coaching Melbourne.

bulldog42

Ok, here is the latest update on who is coaching where, I think this is right:

Bergman:
Cotter:
Flippin:
Green Forest:
Marshall:
Boys: Kelby Drennan, Girls: Coach Nash (New)
Melbourne:
Boys: Dennis Wilson (New), Girls: Eric Teague (New)
Mt View:
Valley Springs:
Yellville-Summit:

bobcats

Quote from: HawgDaddy on May 08, 2014, 01:04:06 pm
Only Yellville-Summit and maybe Cotter had what could be considered a varsity squad there.  Flippin boys will win the league next season and it won't be close really.  Yellville-Summit could finish top 3, but I like this order:

1. Flippin
2. Valley Springs
3. Yellville-Summit
4. Bergman
5. Marshall
6. Mtn. View
7. Cotter
8. Green Forest
9. Melbourne

HawgDaddy,  Are you sticking with this order now that you have seen some of these teams this summer?

HawgDaddy

No, I think Marshall will be top 4 for sure.  I still think Flippin has the most returning. I'd give Flippin the nod for #1.  Marshall, Yellville, MV, Valley, and Bergman will all be pretty competitive. Melbourne, Cotter, and Green Forest are likely to beat each other only.

bulldog42

June 20, 2014, 07:52:14 am #62 Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 07:54:13 am by bulldog42
Quote from: HawgDaddy on June 18, 2014, 09:56:14 pm
No, I think Marshall will be top 4 for sure.  I still think Flippin has the most returning. I'd give Flippin the nod for #1.  Marshall, Yellville, MV, Valley, and Bergman will all be pretty competitive. Melbourne, Cotter, and Green Forest are likely to beat each other only.
Hawgdaddy, I agree with the early predictions.   I watched Melbourne yesterday at a team camp, and they will be a little more competitive than I thought they would be.  Looks like they added a piece or 2.  I do think they will be in the bottom 4 but just wouldn't sleep on them.  Of course hard to say much about how a team looks at a team camp, but they looked better than I expected them to look.

yellowjackethooper

The race for 2nd is going to be a blood bath! Valley will play good D, I figure they will struggle scoring but who knows what they will get from Harrison. Mt view will play hard and try to slow the game down I assume since they lost a lot. Coach Morrow will get the most out of what he's got. Yellville has the 2nd best talent I assume but a fairly unproven coach. Marshall seems like they have always been fairly competitive since that young coach got there. Bergman will play hard as usual but will be wild as usual. I don't see the other schools competing for 2nd this year. I'm ready for it and football to get here, I know that!

ZoneBuster

Don't think/haven't heard of any help coming to valley from Harrison. Not significantly anyway. 

lanecamper54

Valley's girls will cruise through conference. Should be top contender for state.

Bergman1820

Quote from: lanecamper54 on July 24, 2014, 01:16:31 pm
Valley's girls will cruise through conference. Should be top contender for state.

I agree. Undefeated in Conference play.

WPWells

Who does Valley return? I was very impressed with them at state last year

Bergman1820

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 26, 2014, 09:49:15 am
Who does Valley return? I was very impressed with them at state last year

I'm pretty sure they return 4 of 5 starters. I think King was the only starter that graduated. They also graduated Alex Simmons, but she was injured at the beginning of the season. And they added a good freshman class.

BigMan15

i agree valley girls are really good infact i think that tennison will be real good this year, state contender for sure.

DOCHOLLIDAY7

1.Flippin
2. Valley Springs
3. Mt.View
4. Yellville-Summit
5. Marshall
6. Bergman
7.  Cotter
8. Melbourne
9. Green Forest

Mamba13

1. Flippin
2. Yellville
3. mountain view
4. Valley Springs
5. Marshall
6. Cotter
7. Bergman
8. Melbourne
9. GF

Moonshiner

Quote from: Mamba13 on September 28, 2014, 12:00:23 pm
1. Flippin
2. Yellville
3. mountain view
4. Valley Springs
5. Marshall
6. Cotter
7. Bergman
8. Melbourne
9. GF

1. Flippin
2. Valley Springs
3. Yellville Summit
4. Marshall
5. Bergman
6. Mtn. View
7. Cotter
8. Melbourne
9. Green Forest

Hooperfan23

Who are the best players in this conference on the boys and girls side? Trying to get my kids to come with me and watch some games

yellowjackethooper

Polite and Smyser from Flippin
Hogue from Valley
Lynch from Yellville

Hooperfan23

HeadTiger

1. Polite Flippin
2. Hogue VS
3. Smyser Flippin
4. Lynch YS
5. Shearer VS/Rogers Flippin

Hooperfan23

Have heard flippin has some great players, like pollite. How are their girls? Heard Melbourne has a good guard. Also looking forward to seeing Tennyson from vs play

HeadTiger

From valley Tennsion and Emmalee Taylor. The 2 best players in the league

Hooperfan23

I remember seeing them in district finals last uear. They work well together. I heard on another thread that they have several college offers

Googlymoogly

Quote from: Hooperfan23 on October 01, 2014, 09:20:21 pm
Have heard flippin has some great players, like pollite. How are their girls? Heard Melbourne has a good guard. Also looking forward to seeing Tennyson from vs play
Flippin senior girls are basically starting from scratch. They graduated seven seniors last year, and those made up seven of their top eight. There are only two coming back with any playing time, both seniors including Jessica Pace who was a decent shooter at times last year. The other is Hannah Butcher. They Lady Bobcats are only going to have nine on the roster this year and most of those are sophomores.
Oh, they have a new coach, but he is a good one

Silky Johnson

Anyone have any thoughts on bay vs valley springs?

NEA Razorback olfan

Silky Johnson

Head tiger has Valley springs dropped out of the Norfork Classic?

Googlymoogly

Quote from: Silky Johnson on October 06, 2014, 07:53:16 pm
Head tiger has Valley springs dropped out of the Norfork Classic?
No, they are still playing Bay on Tuesday, Oct. 21. I think at one point Valley was to play at the Classic again because it's listed on their schedule, but they are not playing that Friday. Just the Tuesday game against Bay (vs.Viola for the girls)

HeadTiger

Yes, the Sr. Boys are just playing Bay. I hope the tigers get a W but it'll be a good learning experience regardless for the inexperienced group ;D

Head Lion

They will be hard pressed to stay with Bay. I seen this summer and they look like the 2nd best team in 4A and below, only behind ECS.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas