• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10 for 2014

Started by BananaHands501, March 16, 2014, 12:21:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

Quote from: akbballer on July 09, 2014, 09:34:24 am
Yes, Chance and Ty will be missed but sophomore's move to Paris will not make bit of difference. I am not even sure that kid will be even eligible to play because of his academic performance. That was an issue when he was in Charleston.
u say that but then u complain he moved.....so was he good or not...

WPWells

He was good. ak's point was that he might not have stayed anyway

jr17

So storeys not playing bball this year?

BigMan15

thats y i think charleston will be decent this year the next three they will be terrible....with that kid moving to paris this year will be a good race for 1st in district between paris charleston and lamar.

Eagle20

Cedar Ridge has 3 starters back including Reeves little brother.

neds

Quote from: jr17 on July 26, 2014, 04:13:32 pm
So storeys not playing bball this year?

He will graduate mid year and go to Fayetteville for football

BigMan15

yeah storey is older who he can graduate early to go to spring practice with the hogs.....

YC

Quote from: BigMan15 on July 27, 2014, 03:13:37 pm
yeah storey is older who he can graduate early to go to spring practice with the hogs.....

Age has absolutely nothing to do with it. Storey turned eighteen a couple months ago. If he chose to stay at Charleston and play his senior year of basketball he would still be eighteen. There are a number of senior students that are eighteen their senior year and he is no different than they.

There are a lot of kids that qualify to graduate at semester their senior year. The Razorbacks and others have kids that enroll at semester during their senior high school year every year.  Rafe Peavy was one of the others that did it last year. I personally don't like it and wish it was not possible to do so. I think every senior should get the full experience of his high school senior year.

The rule is there and if some want to do it it's their business and none of mine or anyone else.

BigMan15

Quote from: IofthaTiger on July 27, 2014, 04:16:44 pm
Quote from: BigMan15 on July 27, 2014, 03:13:37 pm

Age has absolutely nothing to do with it. Storey turned eighteen a couple months ago. If he chose to stay at Charleston and play his senior year of basketball he would still be eighteen. There are a number of senior students that are eighteen their senior year and he is no different than they.

There are a lot of kids that qualify to graduate at semester their senior year. The Razorbacks and others have kids that enroll at semester during their senior high school year every year.  Rafe Peavy was one of the others that did it last year. I personally don't like it and wish it was not possible to do so. I think every senior should get the full experience of his high school senior year.

The rule is there and if some want to do it it's their business and none of mine or anyone else.

my bad i did not realize that i just knew that he was the oldest in his grade from his parents holding him back when he was younger and a lot of athletes have that done....alot of people have that option so that their kid is bigger than others and sometimes that works until senior high sometimes not....i had the option with my kids because they are one of the youngest in their grades but also the tallest in their grades....usually coaches sons are the ones held back or they start late.

WPWells

July 27, 2014, 08:13:51 pm #59 Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:08:03 am by 12th Man CHS
1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. McGehee
4. Cedar Ridge
5. Rivercrest
6. Harding Academy
7. West Fork
8. Two Rivers
9. Mayflower
10. Danville

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 27, 2014, 08:13:51 pm
1. ECS
2. Charleston
3. McGehee
4. Cedar Ridge
5. Rivercrest
6. Harding Academy
7. West Fork
8. Two Rivers
9. Mayflower
10. Paris
not bad but what do u think of lamar and i think paris will get runner up in the conference also i don't see west fork that high i havent seen cedar ridge so i dont know about them mcgehee could be scarey at times but really undisplined at times too they almost lost to a bad cedarville team last year....no Benton Harmony...that point is pretty good

WPWells

Lamar loses too much. There's only so much McCarley can do on his own. Cedarville wasn't a bad team last year. Anyone who makes the quarters of state can't be considered bad. Tencleve teams will always play great defense and be a tough matchup. West Fork returns quite a bit from a good team. Benton Harmony Grove will be okay but their PG won't be able to do enough by himself to get them into the top 10

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 27, 2014, 08:37:29 pm
Lamar loses too much. There's only so much McCarley can do on his own. Cedarville wasn't a bad team last year. Anyone who makes the quarters of state can't be considered bad. Tencleve teams will always play great defense and be a tough matchup. West Fork returns quite a bit from a good team. Benton Harmony Grove will be okay but their PG won't be able to do enough by himself to get them into the top 10

McCarley, blake kern and the shooter brady they wont be bad......i cant stand to watch cedarville there offense is terrible now last year i will admit they had one decent guy and this year there is a post that is decent....west fork will be decent not great but that conference for them is really weak...

jr17

Even with mayflower losing Perry they won't fall that far. They still return 4 starters from last year. I have them around the 5 area.

BigMan15

Was the big white guy for them that started not a senior last year and they lose perry. Trey will be good and mayflowers post is really athletic and very strong I think mayflower still have a chance. Think about it they held their againest charleston with perry out with foul trouble most of the game.

jr17

True. Mayflower returns Duncan (the 3 guy) Lasker (good defender, sees the court well) Bailey (freak athlete, rebounder) and Long (versatile big man who plays well on the perimeter). Supposed to have a decent move in from Conway. Supposed to be athletic with some size. Mayflower will be top 5 this year.

BigMan15

I agree they played everyone pretty tough last year and they were in a tough conference too

DogsWin7

July 28, 2014, 11:21:44 am #67 Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 11:29:00 am by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: BigMan15 on July 26, 2014, 03:46:47 pm
even with move in after this year charleston basketball will be down for a few years also ive heard that coach ross will take the elementary school princapal job after this year.

I heard the same thing about Coach Ross, any ideas who they have in mind for the job?   

Is Underwood Retiring?? 

WPWells

Underwood had already retired once but came back when Loughridge went to Alma and his family went with him

BigMan15

Underwood came back fill in what I heard was that Ross is finishing his classes to become principle then next year he will be at the elementary.

bdog32

Cedar Ridge loses reaves and Crabtree but return 3 starters including the younger Crabtree and reaves. Saw them play white county central a few weeks ago and destroy them without reaves. Younger Crabtree had improved and reaves looked to have grown but is still rehabbing. Also Nate Easley looked to have gotten an outside shot and there were 2 sophomores that can shoot it in.  Will be a top 10 team in 3A this year. Ready to see them and Harding play in searcy this year. 

WPWells

Just to make things clear and clear up all the rumors, Coach Ross is NOT going to be the elementary principal. I have it straight from him that that is totally false and just a rumor

WPWells

No. Charleston already has someone else in line to be elementary principal next year. You're spreading rumors that you know nothing about in order to try to make yourself sound important and in the process making yourself look like a jerk.

DogsWin7

School Principle Jobs are advertised usually, and just because someone is working on getting their Masters in Administration doesn't mean they have a position sewed up.    In fact, many love to speculate about who will get the positions but the only one who knows for certain is the superintendent who gets the vote from the school board.

I got word, or heard, that Coach Ross is staying as Coach....that's all I can say.   :)

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 29, 2014, 01:51:59 pm
No. Charleston already has someone else in line to be elementary principal next year. You're spreading rumors that you know nothing about in order to try to make yourself sound important and in the process making yourself look like a jerk.
really I look like a jerk because I know ALOT about coach Ross, wow ok ur just upset because my son let charleston...

BigMan15

Quote from: BigMan15 on July 26, 2014, 03:52:52 pm
Quote from: akbballer on July 09, 2014, 09:34:24 am
Yes, Chance and Ty will be missed but sophomore's move to Paris will not make bit of difference. I am not even sure that kid will be even eligible to play because of his academic performance. That was an issue when he was in Charleston.
u say that but then u complain he moved.....so was he good or not...
btw this same kid that [wont make a difference] dropped 35 on dardnelle on 15-18 shooting today in ozark.

WPWells

I know a lot about Coach Ross too. Played for him and now talk to him all the time. I honestly couldn't care less that your son left Charleston either. With the attitude that caused y'all to move him I can definitely say that we're better off without him

BigMan15

And more importantly he's better without charleston as well Paris has really taken him in with open arms.

WPWells

Do you have anything better to do than get on here and pump up your son's stats?

IndependentFootballFan

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigMan15 on July 28, 2014, 01:44:54 pm
Underwood came back fill in what I heard was that Ross is finishing his classes to become principle then next year he will be at the elementary.

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 29, 2014, 03:26:40 pm
School Principle Jobs are advertised usually, and just because someone is working on getting their Masters in Administration doesn't mean they have a position sewed up.    In fact, many love to speculate about who will get the positions but the only one who knows for certain is the superintendent who gets the vote from the school board.

I got word, or heard, that Coach Ross is staying as Coach....that's all I can say.   :)
Quote from: BigMan15 on July 29, 2014, 08:27:38 pm
really I look like a jerk because I know ALOT about coach Ross, wow ok ur just upset because my son let charleston...

Come on guys lets keep this on basketball...not rumors/supposed insider info about administration/coaching job moves...

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 29, 2014, 09:45:34 pm
Do you have anything better to do than get on here and pump up your son's stats?
u are just upset because u were a cheerleader instead of a player....u got anything better to do like text ur boyfriend...sorry hf I will now keep it to basketball

jr17

Bigman, let us know when Paris makes a state semifinal. You left the top athletic program in the state forrrrrr? Paris? Stop talking about your kids stats and take an English course.

Will.I.Am.

First day back on here in months, and nothing's changed. I guess I'll come back the day the season starts.

HorseFeathers

I'm not sure why your suprised that nothing has changed. . . By the time you come back 12th man will have picked a team to be this years valley springs so he can hate on them :) (paris is the front runner right now)

WPWells

Already hated Paris! Just never had any reason to do it publicly until now! 😉

BigMan15

Quote from: jr17 on July 30, 2014, 10:29:41 am
Bigman, let us know when Paris makes a state semifinal. You left the top athletic program in the state forrrrrr? Paris? Stop talking about your kids stats and take an English course.
well I guess we will be talking quite a bit in the next few years so I guess tell me who u are so I know who I'm talking to. After this year u won't be talking smack...this will be charlestons last shot at state....they lose everything after this year.

DogsWin7

Instead of bashing Charleston Bigman, tell us what's so great about Paris.    Who will they have after this year?    Upcoming talent, other than your son.   

How are they doing at team camps?   Have they been to any this past few weeks? 

BigMan15

After this year they will return four starters and they have went I think 9-2 in the camps at ozark beating dardnelle twice  Dover  and pottsville and a few others only losses was to a good bauxite team and ozark which was pretty good
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 30, 2014, 11:46:03 am
Instead of bashing Charleston Bigman, tell us what's so great about Paris.    Who will they have after this year?    Upcoming talent, other than your son.   

HeadTiger

DogsWin7

Quote from: HeadTiger on July 30, 2014, 12:32:40 pm
Valley Springs or die

That's the only two options??  Lol!!

jr17

Oh I'm just a fan of a team that was in the state semifinals last year. Beat by Charleston (respectively).

Eagle20

Are you a Harmony Grove fan.  Didn't Charleston beat them in the semifinals?

RTF

Have family in/or near Paris, great academic public school. They won Arkansas's Diamond award last year i think. Also was in top 25 public schools in Arkansas. But hey I guess " we run faster and jump higher" attitude is better right?

WPWells

July 30, 2014, 02:10:46 pm #94 Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 02:12:54 pm by 12th Man CHS
That's great! In my opinion, academics come first. If the move to Paris was about academics then that would be great.

jr17

You're right. *quarterfinals. Mistyped.

WPWells

I'm curious as to how BHG will be better than Charleston this year when Charleston beat them last year and Charleston returns 3 starters to 1 BHG starter

BigMan15

12th Man CHS  please tell me again exactly why we moved to Paris???? since you know everything.  We moved here bc we had searched charleston for months with no luck finding a four bedroom that allowed pets. we even had a look at one of tedfords dads houses. One that Mrs.Sharp owned on sixth street, and several more.  we needed a bigger home so we finally as a family decided to venture out and look in surrounding towns. Paris had the perfect home for us.  it had NOTHING to do with academics or sports. but EVERYONE in chucktown seems to think that.  My son has been crucified for moving. hes 15 he moved because WE his family moved.  how cool is that to smack talk a kid for a decision his parents made.  He has had death treats and crazy voicemails left from people there.  all bc they think he left due to sports I have seen true colors and characters from people at chs that i thought were cool.  I will continue to support my child in every way.  I didn't talk smack until all the dirty tweets on twitter all the angry post on instagram and facebook that my son is having to read daily.  Its insane how fast everyone turned on him. 

WPWells

I never said I knew. Reread my post

IndependentFootballFan

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on July 30, 2014, 02:10:46 pm
That's great! In my opinion, academics come first. If the move to Paris was about academics then that would be great.
Quote from: BigMan15 on July 30, 2014, 04:06:23 pm
12th Man CHS  please tell me again exactly why we moved to Paris???? since you know everything.  We moved here bc we had searched charleston for months with no luck finding a four bedroom that allowed pets. we even had a look at one of tedfords dads houses. One that Mrs.Sharp owned on sixth street, and several more.  we needed a bigger home so we finally as a family decided to venture out and look in surrounding towns. Paris had the perfect home for us.  it had NOTHING to do with academics or sports. but EVERYONE in chucktown seems to think that.  My son has been crucified for moving. hes 15 he moved because WE his family moved.  how cool is that to smack talk a kid for a decision his parents made.  He has had death treats and crazy voicemails left from people there.  all bc they think he left due to sports I have seen true colors and characters from people at chs that i thought were cool.  I will continue to support my child in every way.  I didn't talk smack until all the dirty tweets on twitter all the angry post on instagram and facebook that my son is having to read daily.  Its insane how fast everyone turned on him. 

Easy there BigMan15 I don't think 12th Man ever stated why you moved to Paris. I do believe he said IF you moved to Paris that was great because in his opinion academics comes first.  Just remember kids will be kids and say stupid stuff no matter where you live, including Paris.  Charleston is not the only place you will find the type of behavior that you speak of in your post above. 12th Man is a good person and I don't think he is wishing you any ill will for doing what you felt like you needed to do in moving your family. I am from CHUCKTOWN and no offense but I really don't care why you moved to Paris, why?? because it is none of my business, so please be careful when you say what EVERYONE in CHUCKTOWN is thinking.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas