• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JUST WANT TO CLEAR SOMETHING UP. . . .

Started by xletmeknow, February 14, 2006, 02:52:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

xletmeknow

Har-Ber DID NOT play Springdale's JV team this past season as some people would want to believe, they played Springdale's sophomores.

not ray

Well I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel a lot better now.

rhs_07

Oh thank God! I was losing so much sleep...

bknight33

Quote from: xletmeknow on February 14, 2006, 02:52:49 am
Har-Ber DID NOT play Springdale's JV team this past season as some people would want to believe, they played Springdale's sophomores.

. . .

And?

olddog79

I'm sure that if didn't play for Springdale's JV team it probably doesn't matter to you. But if you did, and you've had HarBer guys talking it up...
Then I guess it's as important as anything else on this board.

It's all about perspective.

RHS

I can goto sleep now. I've been up many a restless nights having that run thorugh my head and not being able to sleep.

Thank you so very much for clearing that up as I will now be able to goto sleep peacefully.

xletmeknow

Quote from: olddog79 on February 14, 2006, 12:40:24 pm
I'm sure that if didn't play for Springdale's JV team it probably doesn't matter to you. But if you did, and you've had HarBer guys talking it up...
Then I guess it's as important as anything else on this board.

It's all about perspective.

Thank you olddog for understanding.  Evidentially, Har-Ber has been going around saying they played Springdale's JV and mercy ruled them.  I have heard it several times in the past few days.  Just wanted to state the facts!

key_stone12

Har-Ber should win state in '08... and we should make playoffs next year... We can beat SDale... Van Buren.... Bentonville... Rogers.... Maybe Southside, depends on Jaber.... NSide will beat us.... Fay will beat us...

halcyon

Quote from: key_stone12 on February 17, 2006, 04:59:31 pm
Har-Ber should win state in '08... and we should make playoffs next year... We can beat SDale... Van Buren.... Bentonville... Rogers.... Maybe Southside, depends on Jaber.... NSide will beat us.... Fay will beat us...

You can't be serious...I think your in for a rude awakening when you see that playing JV teams is not the same as playing Varsity teams pal. Harber will be playoff contenders no sooner than 3-4 years from now.

bulldogs1159

Harber guys........ how about playing a varsity game before you talk about winning a state title. Thanks...........

spysweeper

Wow you need to get off the board. That was the stupidest statement. I have read.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: xletmeknow on February 14, 2006, 02:52:49 am

Goody.

Tony the Tiger

Is it true that Harber's motto will be "Any port in a storm"?

bear

Slap....

olddog79

Quote from: constantine on February 20, 2006, 10:57:15 pm
Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on February 17, 2006, 10:56:59 pm
Harber guys........ how about playing a varsity game before you talk about winning a state title. Thanks...........

True that Har Ber will do good next year but wont make playoffs and probably wont for a couple of years, but they will be better than RHS and VBHS. VBHS doesnt have the facilities to compete with powerhouses like Sdale FHS and BHS. Heck NHS doesnt even have the nicest facilities but they are picked as a favorite for state and a constant contender year in and year out.

True that Har Ber will do good next year but wont make playoffs and probably wont for a couple of years, but they will be better than RHS and VBHS. VBHS doesnt have the facilities to compete with powerhouses like Sdale FHS and BHS. Heck NHS doesnt even have the nicest facilities but they are picked as a favorite for state and a constant contender year in and year out.
Players and coaches win championships...not facilities.

key_stone12

I can't wait till we win state in '08... everyone is going to be in shock..... going undefeated is still something that should be recgnized... the game will be faster but Har- Ber has some fast kids....

olddog79

February 21, 2006, 12:32:58 pm #17 Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 12:34:52 pm by olddog79
Quote from: key_stone12 on February 21, 2006, 11:39:15 am
I can't wait till we win state in '08... everyone is going to be in shock..... going undefeated is still something that should be recgnized... the game will be faster but Har- Ber has some fast kids....

Hey Ethan, did you ever attend Shiloh?  Cause this is starting to sound familiar.

key_stone12

Name a team that has more talent and expierence in the soph. class than Har-Ber..... Wood and Wear are great coaches.... And no i don't play... my knees are too messed up.... 4 knee surgeries when you're 15 will do that... but i used to play... agaist these kids

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: olddog79 on February 21, 2006, 09:33:38 am

Players and coaches win championships...not facilities.
Ask Central......

Cabotfan

Quote from: key_stone12 on February 21, 2006, 12:48:29 pm
Name a team that has more talent and expierence in the soph. class than Har-Ber..... Wood and Wear are great coaches.... And no i don't play... my knees are too messed up.... 4 knee surgeries when you're 15 will do that... but i used to play... agaist these kids

If your depending on sophomores to win a state title you will be disappointed. 18 yr olds are usually bigger and stronger than 15 yr olds!!

again... ask Central.

key_stone12

I'm not necessarily talking about next year.... but we will at the VERY least contend for state in '08.... no one is cocky... we don't expect to come in next year and win state.. but in '08 we'll be the most expirenced team in the state... playing up as sophmores on jv and varsity as juniors.... and everyone knows Springdale has a great coach at southwest.... 3 out of the last 4 conf. titles.... and an undefeated season this year...  and those kids come to Har-Ber... i don't think you understand that.... Har-Ber will be competive... soon...

key_stone12

These kids have been playing up forever.... not many sophmores play up at the good schools in the West... Fohner probably could've started for any other team in the state..... and winning is winning no matter what level it is on....

key_stone12

winning is still winning... Mustain got an offer before starting a varsity game.... think Arkansas cared if he had one a varsity game... Nutt realized winning is winning... it might be more important in varsity but it's still a win

key_stone12

He received it summer before junior year..... after 7 on 7... He already had it before the Evangel game...

key_stone12

And i said before starting a varsity game... which happened

key_stone12

He said he got it after camps.. BEFORE he started his irst varsity game

key_stone12

nhsgrizzly53

will everyone please stop talking har-ber.....

they are going to suck this year. and yea keystone even in '08.....

those kids better pack their lunches.....its going to be a long year of building up a team....

RHSMounties2006

This guy needs to quit skipping class, it's hurting his education.

key_stone12

yeah it's really hurting my grades..... and Har-Ber will not suck in 08... there will be way too much talent and expierence....

nhsgrizzly53

what talent?!
what experience?!

from where are you getting this wierd outlandish ideas....
your just a kid...who thinks har-ber is a good team bc they went undefeated in jv...haha..your putting your buddies in a world of embarressment come game time...

key_stone12

Josh Fohner could of started at every other High School at the state... Calcagnai is a good QB.... The line is working their butts off in off season.... Matt Mustain is a big boy that can run... There's a bunch of talent in the class... and they'll all get expierence next year.... they'll be the most expierenced team in the state in 08....

O-Line4Ever

The only reason Har-Ber went undefeated in JV is because they played Springdales Sophmores...if they had played the JV they would have gotten beat and we wouldnt have to hear kids talk about how they went undefeated in JV and think its an accomplishment. Har-Ber turned down the offer to play Springdales JV because they wanted to have confidence going into the 06 season. Enough said.

key_stone12

So... that's one loss as a sophmore team playing JV.... that's still pretty good... and that loss is questionable....

olddog79

Quote from: key_stone12 on February 23, 2006, 11:47:19 am
So... that's one loss as a sophmore team playing JV.... that's still pretty good... and that loss is questionable....
Weren't there a couple of Jrs. playing for you guys? I know Anderson was.

key_stone12

Anderson was the only Jr. No other junior played.... and Anderson rotated...

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: key_stone12 on February 23, 2006, 01:31:46 pm
Anderson was the only Jr. No other junior played.... and Anderson rotated...
I'm just glad he didn't autorotate.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas