• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which is the best 3a/4a conference

Started by biglion1985, October 05, 2016, 06:31:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

biglion1985

beach bum

It's been a few months since I looked at the new leagues, but isn't that one in NE Arkansas pretty loaded? The NWA league I follow is quite soft. Pea Ridge is loaded, but the 4A and 3A programs left aren't that great because Huntsville got bumped out with the central Arkansas teams. That hurt the NWA 3A/4A teams having competition. The River Valley one with Charleston, Ozark, and Subiaco should be fun.

Head Lion

NEA has 5-4A teams and 3-3A teams and those 3 are Osceola, Manila & Rivercrest. The 5-4A teams are Brookland, Westside, Gosnell, Trumann & Harrisburg. So yea it is pretty loaded. Rivercrest, Brookland & Westside, all have won state titles this decade and Osceola, Manila & Gosnell are pretty salty right now.

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: Head Lion on October 05, 2016, 10:38:35 am
NEA has 5-4A teams and 3-3A teams and those 3 are Osceola, Manila & Rivercrest. The 5-4A teams are Brookland, Westside, Gosnell, Trumann & Harrisburg. So yea it is pretty loaded. Rivercrest, Brookland & Westside, all have won state titles this decade and Osceola, Manila & Gosnell are pretty salty right now.

You forgot 3A Riverside

Head Lion

Yes you are right, for some reason it is hard for me to remember they moved up. Sorry

biglion1985

I was fixing to say the samething don't forget riverside

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: Head Lion on October 05, 2016, 12:45:29 pm
Yes you are right, for some reason it is hard for me to remember they moved up. Sorry

How can anyone forget Buster?....LOL

Head Lion

I know & their girls program is solid for years to come.

Raider/Rebel

Riverside girls should be pretty salty for the next 3-4 years atleast.

Paperman

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on October 05, 2016, 12:38:35 pm
You forgot 3A Riverside
[/quote
The Northeast 3a-4a will be very tough! I don't see too many pretty records but I do see nine very talented teams on the boys side! Girls, not so much! I think Riverside may be the top dog!

biglion1985

One thing is for sure I can't wait for the season to begin myself

Head Lion

Quote from: Paperman on October 11, 2016, 10:17:48 pm
Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on October 05, 2016, 12:38:35 pm
You forgot 3A Riverside
[/quote
The Northeast 3a-4a will be very tough! I don't see too many pretty records but I do see nine very talented teams on the boys side! Girls, not so much! I think Riverside may be the top dog!
I figure Brookland's girls to be extremely tough as well.

RedWolf275

Brookland lost a starter to knee injury about 3-4 weeks ago. She was playing tennis I was told.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland Lady Bearcats kick off there season Nov 14  At Rivercrest.
Brookland lost 3 starters from last year, 4 if you count Jr PG this year(ACL)
Red and Black game Nov1 ,

BoxNOne

Quote from: Raider/Rebel on October 06, 2016, 04:13:23 am
Riverside girls should be pretty salty for the next 3-4 years atleast.

Didn't look too good last night from what I was told. Lost to Bay 51-42.

Raider/Rebel

Quote from: BoxNOne on October 21, 2016, 08:02:32 pm
Didn't look too good last night from what I was told. Lost to Bay 51-42.

Your right they didn't look that good against bay.  The coach wanted had them run the same play the whole game.  took way to many outside shots and not once fed the ball inside.  even playing that way they were never completely out of the game.  I still think they will surprise a lot of teams this year.

RedWolf275

I don't think it will be a surprise. They should be really good with the talent and experience they have. Running a different five players in every four minutes won't cut it. The best players aren't going to get enough playing time. All ten players are not equal.

Raider/Rebel

Some of us were discussing that in the stands the whole game.  There was a better way to play the girls and we didnt understand his train of thought.  but i think that is his game plan for now so we will see how it goes.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Raider/Rebel on October 22, 2016, 10:48:22 pm
  Some of us were discussing that in the stands the whole game.  There was a better way to play the girls and we didnt understand his train of thought.  but i think that is his game plan for now so we will see how it goes.

I'll be surprised if he sticks with that strategy as they get into conference.
It is hard to get in the flow of the game going out and coming in.
I'll say he will find a starting five with a solid 3 coming off the bench. Just my guess though

Raider/Rebel

That is what we were saying needed to be done also.  Of course the starting 5 could change game to game depending on what the team you are facing has.  I guess we will just have to wait and see if he changes or not.

BoxNOne

I know of three players he has that need to be on the floor 80% plus of the game against good teams. When you play Armorel or teams of that caliber you can do what you want and still win by 30. He will change or feel the wrath of some parents I think.

Raider/Rebel

There are a few i would say need to be on the floor more then others.  As far as the wrath of the parents I'm not sure it will matter much.  Its kind of like you made your bed now lie in it sort of thing. 

NeaBaller21

Riverside Boys will compete ,but they graduated 2 of their top 3 scorers , so scoring will definitely be an issue this year. In one of their games this year already they scored like 50 something points or so and one player had 40 himself.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on October 24, 2016, 05:12:52 pm
Riverside Boys will compete ,but they graduated 2 of their top 3 scorers , so scoring will definitely be an issue this year. In one of their games this year already they scored like 50 something points or so and one player had 40 himself.

Believe that was the Stone kid, he will have a good year no doubt!!

NeaBaller21

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 24, 2016, 06:06:28 pm
Believe that was the Stone kid, he will have a good year no doubt!!
Hate to say it, but he's gonna have to do that every game for the most to be successful

NeaBaller21

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on October 24, 2016, 07:37:04 pm
Hate to say it, but he's gonna have to do that every game for the most to be successful
For them to be successful*

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas