• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ECS Contention

Started by bigdoug, August 24, 2016, 09:08:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdoug

Does ECS even have any good players left? Freeman and Robinson are gone, who's gonna be their player this year? Will they make it back to state championship conversation this coming up year?

NEark tigers

That window has officially closed....

smallybells

I watched them a couple of times, they had another guard that was younger, a little wild, but you could see he had potential. I have no idea if they have any new players for this year.

BigMan15

Kamron Brassfield is a stud!! Also they had a transfer sit last year that will be solid.

jr17

Brasfield is really good. He'll definitely have to carry them.

Paperman

ECS will miss Robinson and company! Should be good but I don't see a deep run for the Wildcats!

BigMan15

Also keep in mind their freshman class is really really good. I look for them to get moved up and still make a run.

CornFields12

ECS has a lot of players playing this year that no one has seen play for them yet. Expect them to be just as good as years past

WPWells

BigMan15

They will be around that top 5 to top 10 range!!

WPWells

Quote from: CornFields12 on August 31, 2016, 10:21:56 am
ECS has a lot of players playing this year that no one has seen play for them yet. Expect them to be just as good as years past

New crop of recruits?

HorseFeathers

Valley Springs in 2014, Cedar Ridge in 2015.....and now ECS in 2016? Geez Freddy

teachers pet

At least they don't have Jessieville to deal with!

Redwolves8526

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 31, 2016, 05:59:17 pm
Valley Springs in 2014, Cedar Ridge in 2015.....and now ECS in 2016? Geez Freddy

Ole Freddy can't catch break

BigMan15

Quote from: teachers pet on August 31, 2016, 06:18:23 pm
At least they don't have Jessieville to deal with!
Speaking of Jesseville, do you see them winning that district? Lamar got some move ins but not sure how talented, Paris will  be good but not as good as the last couple of years.

lostintheweeds

Quote from: BigMan15 on September 01, 2016, 10:15:42 am
Speaking of Jesseville, do you see them winning that district? Lamar got some move ins but not sure how talented, Paris will  be good but not as good as the last couple of years.

What is the scoop on Lamar?  Have heard they have essentially a brand new team with a lot of size?  Anyone see them in team camps?

teachers pet

Jessieville has 4 starters back including coach's son and a solid jr. high team moving up. Conference moves favors them with no more battles with Episcopal.

cdelaney

Quote from: Fred Bird on August 31, 2016, 02:27:39 pm
New crop of recruits?
yeah we are recruiting Fenner. Oh wait that was Chuck!

cdelaney

There are some good young kids, all 9th graders who will play varsity probably, as well as Brasfield and the big man. They will not be the 14 and 15 teams though. Give em a year or two.

But there is a big, big change about to be announced....stay tuned

BigMan15

Quote from: cdelaney on September 07, 2016, 10:23:05 pm
yeah we are recruiting Fenner. Oh wait that was Chuck!
That was a low blow!!! Although ECS was an option when we left Paris. Especially with Jordan because he had played on the same Wings team as that group of Freshman at ECS!!

cdelaney

Quote from: BigMan15 on September 08, 2016, 10:09:23 am
That was a low blow!!! Although ECS was an option when we left Paris. Especially with Jordan because he had played on the same Wings team as that group of Freshman at ECS!!
I know, I was joking, but with all the recruiting crap ECS gets (a lot from Chuck fans) I had to say it. I'm glad your sons get to play where they want to.
But it does point out the advantage Publics have over privates in this regard, being able to move around to the best school for them without having to sit a year.

cdelaney

Micah Marsh is leaving ECS on October 1. His wife has an excellent job opportunity in NW AR that was too big to pass up. I believe they made the decision to keep the whole family under the same roof rather than maintain separate households. I have heard that he has a job in medical sales. I will be surprised if he is not coaching again next year.
He has been a great coach and leader at ECS, and will be sorely missed for many reasons over and above his success on the court.
I believe the current varsity assistant will be interim coach this year; I think the team is in good hands

WPWells

Props to him for putting his family above his job

cdelaney

Bigtimebasketballfan

What is the latest here? Will the assistant be the interim just for this year and then will they reopen the job in the Spring for outside applicants?

smallybells

I have zero ties to Jessieville, but I did see "most" of them play this summer, unless 3 of their starting 5 were pick ups, they will contend in this conference this year.

teachers pet

Jessieville returns 4 starters from last year but no Hunter Daley.

cdelaney

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on October 06, 2016, 06:51:04 am
What is the latest here? Will the assistant be the interim just for this year and then will they reopen the job in the Spring for outside applicants?
I think the interim will have a good shot at the job. But no definite plan in place.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas