• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prayers Needed

Started by BigMan15, March 30, 2016, 08:12:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

My son Jordan broke his leg Monday night and is having surgery today!!

Lrbasketballguru

BigMan15

Surgery went well except besides the broken leg the tendon was torn so the rehab will take a while. Thanks for the prayers

Ctucker

Hate to hear that. Will be praying for him. Is he going into ninth grade?

WPWells

Hate to hear that BigMan. I'll be praying for his recovery. He'll be a very good ballplayer in a couple years.

BigMan15

Quote from: Ctucker on March 30, 2016, 12:31:35 pm
Hate to hear that. Will be praying for him. Is he going into ninth grade?
Yes the doctor thinks he will be out almost a complete year. He tore his tibia tendon also dislocating his kneecap and broke the top of his tibia.

BigLion10

NEA Razorback olfan

Prayers from  Brookland

Oldref

So sorry to hear this.......praying for a full and speedy recovery!!

Eagle20

Prayers from Harmony Grove

papaeagle

Hate to hear that! What was he doing when the injury happened, playing basketball or what? That is a very bad, overall injury and hope he has a good rehab effort and recovers but doubt basketball will be possible this coming Fall but maybe? Fingers crossed and we al hope for the best.
Papaeagle

Truthfully

BigMan... Can you give us an update on Jordan please? So sorry and praying for the young man's recovery.
Truthfully ........

BigMan15

Yes he went to the doctor on Tuesday and they said everything is looking like it should. Next week he gets the staples out. Around 4-5 weeks they will start moving the knee.

papaeagle

BigMan
  It has been over two weeks since you updated us on Jordan's recovery process. Doing as expected or a quicker recovery or what? Hope he has a good summer and keeps his good mental state for next year.
  And how about Brandon and his upcoming year? Charleston's expected outcome next BB season? Paris has lost some good players to graduation but two more coming in, one a transfer and an occasional starter for a fairly good 4A school I hear. Do not know his name.   ???

beach bum

Quote from: papaeagle on April 22, 2016, 06:22:19 pm
BigMan
  It has been over two weeks since you updated us on Jordan's recovery process. Doing as expected or a quicker recovery or what? Hope he has a good summer and keeps his good mental state for next year.
  And how about Brandon and his upcoming year? Charleston's expected outcome next BB season? Paris has lost some good players to graduation but two more coming in, one a transfer and an occasional starter for a fairly good 4A school I hear. Do not know his name.   ???

I have been in that poor young man's shoes with a very similar injury in nature 14 months ago or so near the very top of my fibula and tibia. I know the first 3 months are the worst as far as your mental state goes cause it feels like you are going nowhere fast. After that it feels like it is full steam ahead because you notice your abilities getting better and better every 10-14 days. The best thing he has going for him is this happened in junior high and not the middle of his junior year or something. That would have been awful timing. It gets better I promise each day that goes by is one less torturous one left. I hope nothing but the best recovery for that young man cause I know the struggle!

BigMan15

Jordan goes back to the Dr. on May 10, which they will be xraying the knee and leg to see if its heeled then he can start the rehab. Mentally Jordan is doing great we are coaching a team together this summer to keep him involved in basketball while he heels. As far as for Charleston basketball we have a few freshman looking better and better everyday. I look for us to win the State Championship anything else would be a disappoint.

Lions84

xadboy

Dang. Hope he has a great recovery and comes back even stronger than before. Prayers from the Warrior nation.

1-Adam-12

Prayers from Booneville, always hate to hear about anyone going down, especially a good player like Jordan.

BigMan15

Went to the Dr yesterday and the bone has heeled and so now he will start the physical therapy. But it was awesome to see him walking again. Thank you for all the prayers!!!!!

beach bum

August 06, 2016, 07:40:09 pm #20 Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 07:42:31 pm by beach bum
Its been a while that hopefully your son is hitting the rehab on his leg hard and good updates are happening. I did my first half marathon last week since my double tibial plateau fractures and fibula break on my left leg so I know it does get better. I am at the 18 month mark of my recovery almost. One thing this injury made me do was lift my legs and do agility drills to strengthen my legs more than ever before. I imagine your son will do the same. An injury can be the worst thing yet make you work so hard on things you would have never done otherwise. I hope your son is starting to see some solid progress. I see its about a little over 4 months since his right?

BigMan15

Yes its been a while. Hes has been released from PT and is doing alot of stretching and small workout as well as jogging. The Dr said that he should be back 100% by Oct so he is super excited that he will be able to play this upcoming season. Thanks for all the prayers.

beach bum

Quote from: BigMan15 on August 08, 2016, 11:20:03 am
Yes its been a while. Hes has been released from PT and is doing alot of stretching and small workout as well as jogging. The Dr said that he should be back 100% by Oct so he is super excited that he will be able to play this upcoming season. Thanks for all the prayers.

That is incredible he is already jogging. Oh the wonders of having a young body to recover so fast. Glad to hear that and best off luck to your boys and you!

TRgators11

i've heard about a possible move-in at Lamar? Also WooHoo Bigman! It's Great your son is back playing ball!

BigMan15

Yes I'm very excited!!! Also Lamar got three move ins for basketball

Lions84

Glad to hear he is ok and getting better.  Hope he has a great year.

Paperman

How is that boy doing Bigman?

BigMan15

Everyday getting better and better

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas