• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pine Bluff Zebras 2006

Started by Cambodian Monkey, February 18, 2006, 07:32:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cambodian Monkey

What's the word down there in tha bluff? Is big Joe Hart coming back? Looks to me like PB Dollarway done stole the thunder down there. What's really going on? I'm looking forward to catching some good games this fall in that new 7A conference. Gonna be some big battles.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: Cambodian Monkey on February 18, 2006, 07:32:35 pm
What's the word down there in tha bluff? Is big Joe Hart coming back? Looks to me like PB Dollarway done stole the thunder down there. What's really going on? I'm looking forward to catching some good games this fall in that new 7A conference. Gonna be some big battles.

Pine Bluff... from all i can tell will be very similar to previous years.

1.  They will have a lot of talented atheletes.

2.  They will make some spectacular plays.

3.  Their conditioning program will still be lacking (o-line*cough*).

4.  They will make a lot of undisciplined errors that will hurt them. (Hopefully never in the clutch)

I'd say in 06 PB will try to do what Central and PB have always tried to do, just plain "out athelete" you.  If PB can maintain a disciplined style of play and get up the conditioning on the offensive and defensive line, they could turn some heads.

jbird

They will be very good...if they can stay disciplined.  The senior class next year enjoyed a lot of success in junior high.  Not too sure how many of them are still together, but Wallace and Moore are going to be excellent!

Did Joe Hart leave?  Anyone other than Welch leave that staff over the last few years?

zebrafan

They will struggle in 06 they lost most of there starters they have Eric Wallace back there he is good running back. But they lost Moore to White Hall. They might upset some teams though.

jbird

A. Moore went to White Hall?  Huh.

zebrafan

Moore transfered to White Hall, but i dont know why?

jbird

That kid's an athlete...heck of a kid too.

dannyj

Moore is a good one i wish he would have stayed at pb high

zebrafan

Its a little bit of both Hart is great coach and all but the kids are still good but are not preforming to there fullest. They use to win 10 games a year but now we can barley reach 5 if that.

zebras#65

Quote from: Cambodian Monkey on February 22, 2006, 12:00:25 pm
Can some of the Zebra fans answer this:

Has their struggles in recent years been because of coaching or because of talent? I've heard some mixed reviews of what is going on down there. Can Hart still coach those kids?

i will be a senior next year and more than likely be the starting center there is nothing wrong with coach Hart. We have been undisciplined these past few years

bear

Has their struggles in recent years been because of coaching or because of talent? I've heard some mixed reviews of what is going on down there. Can Hart still coach those kids?

Your problem is talent and lack there of.....you don't have the players anymore.....

Kaleb_QB8

Quote from: bear on February 28, 2006, 09:00:52 pm

Your problem is talent and lack there of.....you don't have the players anymore.....

PB HAS talent... It's PB, how could they not have talent??? They just need to get that will to win again

nfblaze

Quote from: zebrafan on February 21, 2006, 02:15:51 pm
Moore transfered to White Hall, but i dont know why?
He wasn't getting enough PT(close sources)

Absolut

Pine Bluff doesn't have talent??? Are u serious. I'm a cross-town rival, but I'm not crazy enough to acknowledge they don't have talent. Get real.

MrThunder2004

I heard something around town in El Dorado. That Pine Bluff and El Dorado will play in a non-conference game this year. Does anybody from PB know anything about this or not ?

Thanks

xtremewildcat

Can you also please tell me, was it just my imagination,  in the past 3 years it seamed as if you guys were not that good but played ED like it was the state championship. Then you would turn right around and lose to Sheridan.

I have also heard we will play you guys the 2nd weak. Could someone verify this.

bear

Pine Bluff is a mediocre program with some fast kids...they will continue to be average next year..... ;)

MrThunder2004

Quote from: xtremewildcat on March 03, 2006, 09:05:22 pm
Can you also please tell me, was it just my imagination, in the past 3 years it seamed as if you guys were not that good but played ED like it was the state championship. Then you would turn right around and lose to Sheridan.

I have also heard we will play you guys the 2nd weak. Could someone verify this.

PB lost too  Sheridan in 2003. I believe it was 28-7. Pine Bluff beat US ( El Dorado) 14-13. I think that was the final score. It was a real good game.  I think thats the game your talking about.

zebradynasty

Quote from: bear on March 03, 2006, 10:27:12 pm
Pine Bluff is a mediocre program with some fast kids...they will continue to be average next year..... ;)

The same mediocre program that beat you 5A West champs at home in the 2003 playoffs!

xtremewildcat

Quote from: zebradynasty on March 04, 2006, 02:04:38 am

The same mediocre program that beat you 5A West champs at home in the 2003 playoffs!

Oh my God, who woke you up? Well since you are awake, what do you predict PB will do next year? One thing you have to admit, you guys are the most unpredictable team in the state.

bear

Does Fayetteville 42 Pine Bluff 14 ring a bell.....that would be how bad you were beaten this past season by Fayetteville..... ;)

zebradynasty

Quote from: bear on March 04, 2006, 07:25:52 am

Does Fayetteville 42 Pine Bluff 14 ring a bell.....that would be how bad you were beaten this past season by Fayetteville..... ;)

I take exception to being categorized as mediocre when just few years ago we won 10 games in 2003 and 10 games 2002! We may have been down in 2004 and 2005. However, mediocre for 2 years vs. mediocre always! Fayetteville is in no position to call PB mediocre.

From 2001-2005:

Z's record 35-20-1 62% Fay 33-21 61%,
Z's won 4 playoff games Fay 3 (Fay has only made past the first round in the playoffs 5 times in school history)!

I'll end it there because it only get worst for ya! ;)

xtremewildcat

It kills me that you guys from the west always tend to have an unrealistic view of every other team outside of your area. By your own standard, every team in the old 5A would be mediocre. All of the good teams have the same pattern, win several years, suck for a couple. Win for several years, suck for a couple. If you look at the old 5A for the past 15 years, the only team that comes close to being considered a powerhouse is PB. And they have ruined that only by their inconsistency in the past few years. You eliminate a few  horrific years and you could very well say PB was the only consistant team over the past 15 years.

bear

Quote from: zebradynasty on March 04, 2006, 09:41:00 am

I take exception to being categorized as mediocre when just few years ago we won 10 games in 2003 and 10 games 2002! We may have been down in 2004 and 2005. However, mediocre for 2 years vs. mediocre always! Fayetteville is in no position to call PB mediocre.

From 2001-2005:

Z's won 4 playoff games Fay 3 (Fay has only made past the first round in the playoffs 5 times in school history)!

See you this September... as we come to your house..... 8)

nhsgrizzly53

Quote from: bear on March 04, 2006, 05:36:21 pm
Quote from: zebradynasty on March 04, 2006, 09:41:00 am

From 2001-2005:

See you this September... as we come to your house..... 8)

nhsgrizzly53

opps i pressed post to early.... :-\

but yea....bear seriously if your going to talk about the past you cant talk about PB being mediocre....your program is not in the least bit as prestigious as PB and everytime you guys have a good year....you lose early in the playoffs....come on now....let fayettville win state before you go talking nonsense....

;)

olddog79

March 06, 2006, 12:34:41 pm #26 Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 12:48:54 pm by olddog79
Quote from: dannyj on March 06, 2006, 09:18:08 am
PB should win state for once
...for once?   Where have you been? PB won it in 95'.

(sometimes I forget how young some of you posters are)

MrThunder2004

March 06, 2006, 02:20:36 pm #27 Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 02:52:36 pm by MrThunder2004
Quote from: olddog79 on March 06, 2006, 12:34:41 pm

Also in......

1990- Pine Bluff State Champions
1993- Pine Bluff State Champions
1994  Pine Bluff State Champions
1995- Pine Bluff State Champions

Pine Bluff won 4 state championships in the 90's.

Pine Bluff was like New England Patriots when they won 3 superbowls out of the last 4 years. lol

I got a question who was the head coach during those times when PB won those 4 ?

zebradynasty

Quote from: xtremewildcat on March 04, 2006, 03:25:59 am

Oh my God, who woke you up? Well since you are awake, what do you predict PB will do next year? One thing you have to admit, you guys are the most unpredictable team in the state.

As the self appointed spokeman for the Zebra Nation I think it may be time to give a state of the union address:

PB Football program is for a lack of better word is not healthy! There are some serious problems with the program. Number 1) issue that must get stabalized is the enrollment which has spiraled downward since the late 90's. Number 1A) is the kids we do have, we have to get them eligible to play! The last two years we have lost an avg of 20 players from the previous season to academics! Number 3) the confidence in the coaching staff is low! Game preparedness is pitiful and it shows on the field. The kids are not being prepared mentally and physically to play the game. Number 4) upgrade the facilities the weight room is 70's era and poorly furnished as a result we rely too much on natural ability and little work is done to get physically ready! It shows on defense where the Z's of old that would simply assault the opposing team offense's with bone jarring hits! Now you never see or hear them anymore. All this short passing game and underneath stuff was made for the Zebra split 4 defense but the players have to be ready to play it. Not a major issue but I would like to see PB go away from 2 Jr. High teams we barely have enough for one team and it made great sense when we each team had 40-50 players each! I mean you instantly had 2 players with experience for Sr. High at every position! Now it's a struggle to get one.

Is the program dead? No not hardly recently passed a millage increase that will remodel or rebuild every elementary school. A new field house is on the drawing board should be an indoor facility and a few of the professional athletes from PB are to help raise money/donate to furnish it. In the short term I am not sure if we can turn back into a powerhouse but the future is brighter now that we have begun to take steps to improve education and the school system. As for the 2006 season? It depends on QB if we can find a QB and we do have one that can be pretty good at what we need him to do but experience is a concern along with the OL! I'll reserve my prediction until I see some spring and summer workouts too many unknowns for ZD to predict with confidence.

bear

March 06, 2006, 04:48:36 pm #29 Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 06:04:36 pm by bear
Quote from: nhsgrizzly53 on March 06, 2006, 08:42:35 am
opps i pressed post to early.... :-

but yea....bear seriously if your going to talk about the past you cant talk about PB being mediocre....your program is not in the least bit as prestigious as PB and everytime you guys have a good year....you lose early in the playoffs....come on now....let fayettville win state before you go talking nonsense....

;)

The Zebra Question - I never referred to PB being mediocre in the PAST...LR Central, PB, Northside and maybe a few others in the top classification have a great history of high school football. I was referring to the PB program of late...I also would never refer to Fayetteville football program as being anything above mediocre based on the past....we have improved since Patton has gotten here, but we have a long way to go before I would call us anything special. .. I do like our odds this year....I like them a lot. We should be in the top 5 of the state.

Hope that clarifies my position to the Zebra's fans out there.... ;)

xtremewildcat

March 06, 2006, 09:26:28 pm #30 Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 09:03:54 am by xtremewildcat
PB sounds like my old high school team. Helena/West Helena. I hope that things turn around. One more question, PB is not a poor city. How come the school and the facilities are not better. One thing I can say about ED, we have parents that refuse to let the wealthier schools get too far ahead of us.

zebrafan

DannyJ wat did that have to do with anything?

zebrafan

With that Millage Tax there going to remodel some of the elementry schools, two are going to be torn down and redone, and the high school will get a new AP building its going to be pretty big. They are most likely going to get a new field house.

Sack

Quote from: MrThunder2004 on March 06, 2006, 02:20:36 pm
Quote from: olddog79 on March 06, 2006, 12:34:41 pm

Also in......

1990- Pine Bluff State Champions
1993- Pine Bluff State Champions
1994  Pine Bluff State Champions
1995- Pine Bluff State Champions

Pine Bluff won 4 state championships in the 90's.

Pine Bluff was like New England Patriots when they won 3 superbowls out of the last 4 years. lol

I got a question who was the head coach during those times when PB won those 4 ?

Marion Glover

bear

Quote from: constantine on March 07, 2006, 09:18:21 pm
i was talking about FHS breaking through.....I know PB has won numerous state titles......and i am not that young........that is what i was saying PB has been dominate in the past......but as for the past couple of years FHS has had better teams than PB and it is a matter of time before they break through....

I agree...Fayetteville will win a State Championship soon, if not next year.....Go Bulldogs

Pine Bluffs best year are behind them...times change.

zebradynasty

Quote from: bear on March 08, 2006, 09:23:20 pm
Quote from: constantine on March 07, 2006, 09:18:21 pm
i was talking about FHS breaking through.....I know PB has won numerous state titles......and i am not that young........that is what i was saying PB has been dominate in the past......but as for the past couple of years FHS has had better teams than PB and it is a matter of time before they break through....

I agree...Fayetteville will win a State Championship soon, if not next year.....Go Bulldogs

Pine Bluffs best year are behind them...times change.

There you go again! How does 2 years make a trend! Win some playoff games THEN say we are almost there! Right now your no closer than any other team in 7A!

xtremewildcat

I don't think any team will come close to doing what PB did, for a long time. Let me tell you guys at FHS something. If you think you have a "SPECIAL" team, you better take advantage of it now. Don't think you will always be on top. I know it may be easier to win a championship now, but don't think the way the teams are divided up will last long. Like I have told the guys that are coming at ED. You have a lot of talent coming back. How hard you work, and how hungry you are, will dictate your success. Don't think a winning team is a given. There will always be teams like Catholic and RHS, that will be far less talented but very hungry. And they will beat you.

Are you guys from FHS guaranteeing a state title next year?

olddog79

Quote from: constantine on March 09, 2006, 12:38:58 pm
Quote from: xtremewildcat on March 09, 2006, 09:54:07 am
I don't think any team will come close to doing what PB did, for a long time. Let me tell you guys at FHS something. If you think you have a "SPECIAL" team, you better take advantage of it now. Don't think you will always be on top. I know it may be easier to win a championship now, but don't think the way the teams are divided up will last long. Like I have told the guys that are coming at ED. You have a lot of talent coming back. How hard you work, and how hungry you are, will dictate your success. Don't think a winning team is a given. There will always be teams like Catholic and RHS, that will be far less talented but very hungry. And they will beat you.

For one i am not from FHS.......i was making a point that each year that squad has gotten better and better.....and before long they will break through.......and PB has started to decline........i said it is about time for FHS to win a state title.......i havent guarnteed anything........no one can do that this year......

So..who is your team?

bear

Quote from: xtremewildcat on March 09, 2006, 09:54:07 am

No one guaranteed anything. But fayetteville will be a contender based on  hard work, talent and coaching.....along with some other teams...

by the way Catholic and RHS (russelleville or rogers?) were in fact all beaten by Fayetteville last year....

I guess we were hungrier...

dannyj

Fayetteville is real good but do you think Pine  Bluff can beat them?

dannyj

Who all does Pine Bluff Zebras play next year?

dannyj

dannyj

is there first few games home games

dannyj

dannyj

when is there try outs start

olddog79

dannyj

not pine bluff high but i might go there next year and i wanna try out as a defensive tackle

olddog79

Quote from: dannyj on April 07, 2006, 08:20:50 am
not pine bluff high but i might go there next year and i wanna try out as a defensive tackle
I'm sure if you call the PB athletic dept. they'd be more than happy to help you. Good luck!

dogfan07

man schools have try outs. all the schools i know dont anyone is welcomed.

Roadtostate

Why is the high running from us(chapel) we beat ya'll that bad that ya'll will run away and not schudule us for a game with ya'll boys? That's okay though ya'll are going to have enough loses on your schudule. nobody gets it yet pine bluff high will be the same old pine bluff high Good athletes who will not listen to the coach and play for themselves. let me take that back the last two years it has been that way mallet and those boys ran the team their senior year wallce needs to step his dang game up

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas