• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood vs Conway girls round #1

Started by SNWA, January 14, 2015, 02:38:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SNWA

CincyGuyintheFort

I predict that I will be there on Friday...  8)

jking7

Both great teams with good depth Conway returns all 5 starters from last years 7A championship team but Greenwood also has a ton of talent. My guess is this will be the best girls match-up in the 7A/6A Central all season! Seen both teams play once so It's really a toss up for me. 

Greenwood by 5.

DogsWin7

I predict a Greenwood win.....the G3 Unit will be in full force.   :)

TheMercenary

SNWA

I have not heard for sure. Maybe someone could fill us in.

A-Good-One

Yeah. She came off the bench against Van Buren and scored 16. Not sure what she did Tuesday, though.

urban legend2

Conway is really playing well right now...

TheMercenary

Pick 'em.

But I'll go with Conway. I've never seen a team be so ready to play as last year's games #2 &#3 vs Northside last year- Conway was ready!

I'll go with the defending 7A champs over the defending 6A champs.

SNWA

GW by 5.....should be great turn out. Hope game lives up to the hype.

CincyGuyintheFort

I will be there for sure! This is to date the Arkansas girls game of the year! I really dont know much about either team, besides GW being undefeated  and they have a superstar #32 , excuse  me here, I'm not 100% sure, but is it Megan Hartness? I just have read she's a stud, averaging 20 per.
And with Conway. I just know they are the 7a champs and have one real good player themselves.

I am going to call it Greenwood takes it late, in a great game; 66-62

jking7

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on January 16, 2015, 09:24:09 am
I will be there for sure! This is to date the Arkansas girls game of the year! I really dont know much about either team, besides GW being undefeated  and they have a superstar #32 , excuse  me here, I'm not 100% sure, but is it Megan Hartness? I just have read she's a stud, averaging 20 per.
And with Conway. I just know they are the 7a champs and have one real good player themselves.

Yes Megan Hartness is #32

SNWA

Both teams are loaded, very quick, great shooters. Here is how I see it. Athleticism goes to Conway. Shooting is a push. Defense goes to GW. Coaching goes to GW. Bench push. GW top 7 are or have the opportunity to play at next level. Mainly D2. Conway has 2 D1 and couple to few D2. The scouts will be present tonight. This game does not mean 1 dang thing as far as conference or State is concerned but could go a long way in determining #1 ranked team in state . Ego game. Bragging rights til Feb 13th when they meet again. Teams split last year with each winning at others court. GW returns 7 of top 9 Conway most if not all from last year. Both have player that will battle for Player of the Year. Both defending state champions. Statement game. 6:00 Greenwood High School.  ITS ON.

A-Good-One

I agree wholly with SNWA's points, except bench. Three of Conway's starters last year come off the bench this year. Greenwood is by far the more disciplined team in execution, much of that because of coaching.

WPWells

urban legend2

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on January 16, 2015, 09:24:09 am

GW lost to Hall a few weeks ago, one of the few games where they've been tested. Had a close one with Fayetteville and a close one with Hall in their first meeting as well. They've pretty much been in control of their other games from the second quarter on. Should be a pretty good game.

CincyGuyintheFort

HALFTIME

Greenwood 41
Conway      37

What a great first half. This has been better than advertised. Impressive athletes on both teams. Both teams have been hot from behind the arc, but Greenwood got a bit hotter in the second. Built the lead to as much as 8, but Conway cut in it the last minute. Should be excellent second half. #32 M. Hartness , high scorer with 13pt.

CincyGuyintheFort

FINAL

GREENWOOD WINS ON LAST SECOND MEGAN HARTNESS FREE THROWS.64-63
#girls game of the year

I'll have  more on this game later. I'm driving to Charleston for their game vs. Two Rivers

urban legend2

Would have liked to have seen this one. Will definitely be in Conway the next go round. I saw where Speight (Center for Conway) went out with another leg injury early on. For her to miss all of last year with a torn ACL, come back this year and lead them in scoring, them go down again has got to be demoralizing.

SNWA

That is so sad. Hoping she recovers quickly. She is not post she is a guard . Very good player. Great game tonight. Back and forth the whole game. Can't wait for rematch in February.

urban legend2

You're right. Not sure why I thought center. Hope it's not too serious.

A-Good-One

Spaight hurt again? Dude....  :-\

There was a time her sophomore year I thought she was better than Danberry. She's maybe my favorite girls player I've seen the last few years.

PASS

Talked to Speights dad. Injury was NOT another ACL. They will get her checked out & hopefully she will be back to normal quickly. She is a great player. I enjoy watching how she plays the game.

SNWA

That is great to hear.  Thanks pass.

urban legend2

CincyGuyintheFort

Oh that's good to hear its nothing serious.

As far as the game. I feel bad if your a hoops fan and missed this game last night. From tip to final buzzer, an awesome game. They were playing at a very high level, both teams, all 10 girls out there. Both these teams starting 5 is very good, I think Greenwood from 1 thru 7 is better overall. But outside of Hartness(ghs), Conway had the 3 next best players on the court.
The first half was up and down, a great shooting performance by both teams. Yes these teams have real good defenses, but both of their offense are on another level. That was the most athleticism out of 2girls teams in the same HS game  I have seen.
I mean heck, the halftime score was higher than 50% of girls games finals.
The pace slowed some in the 2nd. But Greenwood went ice cold and the last 4:30 of the 3rd Conway went on a 18-5 run to go up 7. They then pushed it to 11 to start the 4th.
Then with about 5min left , Conway got a clean steal with a break away and bricked a 98%er from 2 feet away that wudda put em up 12, and I feel ended the game pretty much, cause at this point the crowd was out of it. But the miss that bunny shot then GW came down and hit a 3, finished the game on a 14-2 run and got the comeback victory.
Megan Hartness(GHS) drove, clearly got fouled and........ Well you gotta check out my twitter cause I have the video of the end of the game posted on there  ;)
But Megan Hartness finished with 22. And Alexas Tolefree (CHS) was game high scorer, and a super Impressive PG, had 26.
It was the best game I have seen all season, on my game rating system I give it a 97/100. It beat out County Line v. Scranton(94/100) and a girls game Roland(OK) v. Vian(OK) (92/100).
What are the college plans for Hartness and Tolefree of Conway?

And a side note.  No more double dipping game nights for me. On my hurry from Greenwood to Charleston last night, I get lit up by Lavaca's finest for just 63 in a 55. And he started messing with me cuz i still have an Ohio I.d. And I've been here 5 months and i was in a rental car in my gf name. So of course he pulls me out and went thru the car. But thankfully he let me go with a verbal warning 

A-Good-One

Hahah. That sucks, Cincy.

Tolefree is major DI. She's just a junior, though, and will take her time. Hartness has DI looks, but I think it's pretty likely she'll go to a DII power and be an excellent player. All-Conference type before she's done in college.

CincyGuyintheFort

January 17, 2015, 02:23:23 pm #27 Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 02:26:46 pm by CincyGuyintheFort
Quote from: Dr Chim Ritchalds on January 17, 2015, 02:12:52 pm
Hahah. That sucks, Cincy.

Tolefree is major DI. She's just a junior, though, and will take her time. Hartness has DI looks, but I think it's pretty likely she'll go to a DII power and be an excellent player. All-Conference type before she's done in college.

Yeah I kinda thought the same. Hartness could play d1, but a mid major to smaller d1 and have to wait to play. She can go d2 and be a star and play immediately
Tolefeee only a junior ? Wow she was so impressive. So smooth. She I am sure is getting looks from bigger d1 programs. I know she cud probably be a help for the lady Hogs in a couple years

And if anyone interested.....

Total
CONWAY            22   15    18    8       63

GREENWOOD     19    22     7    16      64

Oh and some guy a few posts back called a Greenwood wins, late in a close, great game with both teams in the mid 60s. Hmmmm whoever predicted that did pretty good   8)  haha

A-Good-One

Yeah. The four biggest college recruits in Arkansas girls basketball, two of them are juniors and one is a sophomore. Two of them are on Conway.

TheMercenary

Quote from: TheMercenary on January 15, 2015, 05:33:32 pm
I'll go with the defending 7A champs over the defending 6A champs.

Congrats to the Lady Bulldogs for pulling this one out.

PASS

Quote from: Dr Chim Ritchalds on January 17, 2015, 02:39:44 pm
Yeah. The four biggest college recruits in Arkansas girls basketball, two of them are juniors and one is a sophomore. Two of them are on Conway.
Who is sophomore you are talking about? I assume for juniors you are talking about FS Northside's Jackson & Tolefree from Conway. Then other Conway girl would be Danberry. You are leaving out at least 2 of the top 4 recruits. Riley Rose-top 50 player on national recruiting lists and Christyn Williams who is getting a lot of big time offers. Then you could throw in Hogue from AB who turned down schools from SEC, Big 12 & Pac 10. Jones at CAC has Arkansas after her. Speight at Conway is a D-1 kid who would have gotten even more offers if hadn't gotten hurt. Williams at Central has SEC offer. Hamlet in West Memphis. I could go on and on. Arkansas girls have shown well on a national stage in the spring and summer. It's a testament to what our high school & club coaches are doing to help these girls get better and the willingness of these young ladies to sacrifice their time to excel at something they love.

A-Good-One

Riley Rose was a top 50 player. She hasn't been in a while, though. I'm talking about Christyn Williams, who I mistakenly called a sophomore. She's a freshman.

And I totally agree. I've said it before: I'll put Arkansas high school girls basketball against any state similar sized in the country and up against a lot of states even bigger. At least as far as top-end team and player talent.

CincyGuyintheFort

I'll totally agree with you on the quality of girls ball here in Arkansas. Its really good, its deep too. You got a legit 4-5 teams in this state who I think would be right in the division 1 & 2 state champion mix up in Ohio, and we got 13million people there. And there are quite a few really good players, across all classes and age too here. I'm pretty sure Kentucky is the same size people wise about as Arkansas and I know for a fact the girls ball here is twice as good as it is there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas