• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A State Tournament Bracket (With UPDATED Dates/Times)

Started by AT, January 02, 2015, 02:06:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

January 02, 2015, 02:06:14 pm Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:32:52 pm by Almatrackster
Playoff Outlook

BOYS

S6 - Pine Bluff (Tuesday, March 10th, 2:00 PM)
C1 - Alma

S2 - El Dorado (Monday, March 9th, 2:00 PM)
C2 - Russellville

E1 - Jonesboro (Monday, March 9th, 5:00 PM)
S3 - LR Hall

GIRLS

E2 - Jonesboro (Tuesday, March 10, 12:30 PM)
C1 - Greenwood

S2 - LR Parkview (Monday, March 9th, 12:30 PM)
S5 - El Dorado

E1 - Mountain Home (Monday, March 9th, 3:30 PM)
C3 - Siloam Springs

bulldog42

The Brackets are posted on the AAA website, but under the heading 2014 state brackets, but when you open them they are 2014-15.  Also you were right on as far as the league pairings.  Here is the link for 6A

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Basketball/Brackets/2014/BB_6AStateBracket_2014-15.pdf

think

This is going to be a very very tough conference.

I think 2nd in the South will be up for grabs. Hall is down a bit this year. Benton will be tough but are really a year away. Pine Bluff is a sleeper.

JimRat

Siloam will be lucky if they make 3rd....barely beat Greenwood tonight in OT at home! Neither team is very good or very well coached. Sorry I made the trip over to watch.

AT

YourAverageHogFan

Then after looking bad against Greenwood, Siloam turns around and wins at Russellville.  Bipolar week for the Panthers.

SouthPa

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 02, 2015, 02:06:14 pm
Playoff Outlook

BOYS

S1 - Lake Hamilton
BYE

E2 - Marion
S6 - Pine Bluff

C1 - Siloam Springs
BYE

S4 - LR Hall
E3 - Searcy

S2 - LR Parkview
BYE

C2 - Alma
S5 - Benton

E1 - Jonesboro
BYE

S3 - El Dorado
C3 - Greenwood

GIRLS

S1 - LR Hall
BYE

E2 - Searcy
S6 - Lake Hamilton

C1 - Russellville
BYE

S4 - El Dorado
E3 -  Marion

S2 - LR Parkview
BYE

C2 - Greenwood
S5 - Sheridan

E1 - Jonesboro
BYE

S3 - Pine Bluff
C3 - Alma

El Dorado girls would not be the 4..........it would be either Sheridan or Benton (tie breaker points)

think

I think the South will shake up quit a bit from where it stands today.

MarionBlueDevil

From the looks of it, Marion may want to finish third in the east. May get a slightly easier second-round game against the Central's top seed.

That said, Siloam Springs eliminated them last year and is hosting the state tournament, so no easy outs regardless.

AT

AT

Burks

Terrible bracket draw, the Central 1 and South 1 playing in Semi's. Greenwood girls and Hall girls meeting in semi's and by far the 2 best teams in 6A. Wow!

SNWA

I agree. The 6A girls state championship game will be in Siloam, not Hot Springs.

AT

AT

AT

Razorback Red

March 01, 2015, 05:31:05 pm #16 Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 07:36:48 pm by Razorback Red
If Alma is shooting well, I think they will give Parkview a very good game, assuming they both advance. 

AT

Quote from: Razorback Red on March 01, 2015, 05:31:05 pm
If Alma is shooting well, I think they will get Parkview a very good game, assuming they both advance.

I have seen Parkview once and they are lengthy, but they aren't just huge, which gives me a sliver of confidence as an Airedale fan if Alma was to meet them.

Lake Hamilton vs. Mountain Home winner...Alma played Lake Hamilton the very 1st game of the season at home and needed a 4th quarter surge to send it to OT for the win. I don't know anything about Mountain Home other than the scores.

On the bottom half of the bracket, I think healthy Russellville can make a run to the semis and play Jonesboro tough, but I think Russellville's lack of depth may be an issue. Haven't seen El Dorado play either, though.

ricepig

Quote from: Almatrackster on March 01, 2015, 06:51:39 pm
Quote from: Razorback Red on March 01, 2015, 05:31:05 pm
If Alma is shooting well, I think they will get Parkview a very good game, assuming they both advance.

I have seen Parkview once and they are lengthy, but they aren't just huge, which gives me a sliver of confidence as an Airedale fan if Alma was to meet them.

Lake Hamilton vs. Mountain Home winner...Alma played Lake Hamilton the very 1st game of the season at home and needed a 4th quarter surge to send it to OT for the win. I don't know anything about Mountain Home other than the scores.

On the bottom half of the bracket, I think healthy Russellville can make a run to the semis and play Jonesboro tough, but I think Russellville's lack of depth may be an issue. Haven't seen El Dorado play either, though.

You never know, but it will be the upsets of the year if it's not a Jonesboro-PV final. The girls will be different as GW-Hall meet in a semi-final, with the winner a definite favorite over the bottom half, my guess PV.

maxswine

What are the changes of weather affecting the start date? 

ricepig

Blindsided

My first round winners:

Girls

Jonesboro by 4 over Sheridan

Benton by 10 over Marion

Russellville by 10 over El Dorado

Pine Bluff by 5 over Siloam Springs

Boys

Marion by 2 over Pine Bluff

Lake Hamilton by 10 over Mountain Home

Benton by 3 over Russellville

LR Hall by 12 over Siloam Springs

Burks

March 02, 2015, 05:22:48 pm #22 Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 06:56:32 pm by Burks
I agree with Ricepig, PV-Jonesboro boys final. Both teams have overwhelming athleticism. JBoro may get a challenge from Hall in 2nd round. It's a shame that GW-Hall girls will meet in semi's, by far the 2 best teams in 6A. Whoever wins the 6A boys will have definitely earned it.

MarionBlueDevil

Not sure when we are gonna get this thing played.

AT

Bump

Schedule for Saturday, in order of games, is as followed:

(Girls) - Jonesboro vs. Sheridan - 1:00 PM

(Boys) - Marion vs. Pine Bluff - 2:30 PM

(Girls) - Benton vs. Marion - 4:00 PM

(Boys) - Lake Hamilton vs. Mountain Home - 5:30 PM

(Girls) - Russellville vs. El Dorado - 7:00 PM

(Boys) - Russellville vs. Benton - 8:30 PM

AT

First post is updated to reflect today's results

Schedule for Sunday, in order of games, is as followed:

(Girls) - Pine Bluff vs. Siloam Springs - 1:00 PM

(Boys) - LR Hall vs. Siloam Springs - 2:30 PM

(Girls) - LR Hall vs. Jonesboro - 4:00 PM

(Boys) - LR Parkview vs. Pine Bluff - 5:30 PM

(Girls) - Greenwood vs. Benton - 7:00 PM

(Boys) - Alma vs. Lake Hamilton - 8:30 PM

ricepig

It's a shame Hall and GW will have to meet in the semis, oh wait........good job Lady Canes!

AT

It's a good thing that we know Parkview and Jonesboro are on different sides since that is obviously the state championship game....wait a second...

ricepig

Quote from: Almatrackster on March 08, 2015, 07:15:07 pm
It's a good thing that we know Parkview and Jonesboro are on different sides since that is obviously the state championship game....wait a second...

Well, that will happen......or not.......

AT

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2015, 07:16:15 pm

Well, that will happen......

Someone may want to check the stickied score thread unless I'm misunderstanding you.

ricepig

Quote from: Almatrackster on March 08, 2015, 07:17:29 pm

Someone may want to check the stickied score thread unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Don't edit my responses.........actually, that may be a bigger upset than Jonesboro girls.

AT

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2015, 07:18:36 pm

Don't edit my responses.........actually, that may be a bigger upset than Jonesboro girls.

Almost certainly is. I think Jonesboro boys have to feel good about this. I know you still have to win, but every team probably just had a surge of energy go through them.

ricepig

Quote from: Almatrackster on March 08, 2015, 07:19:59 pm

Almost certainly is. I think Jonesboro boys have to feel good about this. I know you still have to win, but every team probably just had a surge of energy go through them.

Truthfully, anyone can beat anyone at this stage, all it takes is a hot shooter, and the other team cold. I know they aren't looking ahead, but as a fan, I wanted to see them play. Jonesboro owes Hall, Hall knocked an off balance 3 to beat them in the finals 2 years ago.

AT

Quote from: ricepig on March 08, 2015, 07:26:40 pm
Quote from: Almatrackster on March 08, 2015, 07:19:59 pm

Truthfully, anyone can beat anyone at this stage, all it takes is a hot shooter, and the other team cold. I know they aren't looking ahead, but as a fan, I wanted to see them play. Jonesboro owes Hall, Hall knocked an off balance 3 to beat them in the finals 2 years ago.

Maybe so, but just a few seconds ago you didn't really believe this ;)

Yeah that was a heartbreaker for Jonesboro. Did Bobby Portis hit that 3? I know Jonesboro had a good game plan for him.

Burks

Evan James hit the off balance shot to beat Jonesboro. Portis struggled that night.

AB™

Nathan Corder, a sophomore, steps up and scores 14 points in the 1st half for Alma including 4-for-5 shooting from three.

Burks

No surprise about Corder, he has been clutch for the Airedales all year.

AB™

Quote from: Burks on March 08, 2015, 09:47:16 pm
No surprise about Corder, he has been clutch for the Airedales all year.
Yeah, he's going to be a very good player.  I mean he already is, but he's just a sophomore, so realistically he should be even better in two years.  Not a surprise, his dad is a very good coach and was a really good player in his day.

Burks

AB™

Wow, Austin Lee for Alma just hit a shot well beyond halfcourt at the 3rd quarter buzzer. 

AB™

Quote from: Burks on March 08, 2015, 10:00:44 pm
Eddie Corder from Hot Springs?
Yes, his dad was Hot Springs' head coach for a long time.

Burks

I remember Eddie, in 1985 my sophomore year at Catholic he burned us for about 30. It's in Nathan genes.

AB™

Quote from: Burks on March 08, 2015, 10:13:16 pm
I remember Eddie, in 1985 my sophomore year at Catholic he burned us for about 30. It's in Nathan genes.
Yeah, he played and started at PG for Arkansas Tech if I recall correctly.  I know he played at Tech.  He's been Alma's junior high coach for as long as I can remember; since the 90s sometime.

AB™

I know Nathan hit at least 5 threes and ended with around 20 points.  Not bad for a sophomore playing in his first state tournament game.

Burks

Corder is battle tested playing in the 7A/6A Central. The Conference had a lot great games this year. He should be nominated for All Sophomore team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas