• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Discuss the Round 6/7 games in the 5A West (Jan 28/Jan31) here

Started by sevenof400, January 26, 2014, 10:30:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Since the end of the first half marks a handy reference point for looking at post season possibilities, I thought we would combine discussion for rounds 6 and 7 in one thread. 

As we near the end of the first half of play in the 5A West, it appears that a bit of separation could be opening between last year's playoff teams and the rest of the pack.  If results fall correctly, you might see a two game gap between the top four and bottom four teams after round 7 on the boys side.  And, perhaps more importantly, if no team from the bottom four has a win over any team in the top four, we might have our four playoff teams identified by half way point in the season. 

From the girls side, Greenbrier faces a defining week in terms of their post season aspirations and in terms of joining the top four in the conference.  If the Lady Panthers beat Alma in round 7, they would hold head to head to head advantages over their nearest two competitors for the last playoff spot in the west.     

AT

January 26, 2014, 02:43:12 pm #1 Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 02:45:14 pm by Almatrackster
Looking at the January 28th games...

Boys:

Harrison @ Huntsville is intriguing to me. It's a rivalry game that Harrison should win, but Huntsville is notorious for being a tough place to win at. As an Alma fan, I have to root for Huntsville, because it could put some separation between the Airedales and the Goblins and help is always appreciated. I think Harrison wins, though, because they know this is a must win.

Vilonia @ Greenbrier is a very, very important game, even though it's between two teams with losing records right now. Greenbrier needs to win this or making the playoffs becomes very tough for them. Vilonia needs to win it to get back in the playoff hunt, because they have Shiloh at home on Friday. As an Alma fan, I am rooting for Vilonia to win this so it gives Alma some room just in case the Airedales slip up in a game they shouldn't lose. I think Greenbrier should be the favorite even though Vilonia beat them in non conference action.

Clarksville @ Morrilton. The game of the week and maybe of 5A so far. I wish I could see this one. The team that wins this is obviously in the driver's seat for the conference championship. As an Alma fan, I think it would be best for Morrilton to lose this because if Alma can beat Morrilton at home, they'll still have a chance at the 2 seed. But if Morrilton does win, I see it being very tough for the Airedales getting the 2 seed. Clarksville will be the favorite until someone knocks them off.

Alma @ Shiloh. Shiloh is the bottom feeder this year, but they have played some teams tough and I expect the same Tuesday night. If the Airedales don't come out with intensity, then it could turn into a nail biter. It's a must win for Alma in terms of good playoff seeding. Alma is the favorite, but this game still worries me a little like every road game does.

Go Postal

Nicely said Trackster.

and yes, Huntsville does play harder against the Goblins in All Sports.  Home or away.  Good local Rivalry.

Go Postal

also want to thank Paw-Paw and BillyJack for the graphics that I sometimes use, for instance in my posts in the video gaming thread.  You guys are the Grand Graphic Wizards.  Miss you next year.

oldtimeeagle

Huntsville Lady Eagles 16
Harrison Lady Goblins 4
End 1st qtr

wiseman3

AT

Not at the game and no radio because of Hog game so all of this is twitter...

Girls:

Alma 10
SC 6
end of 1st

oldtimeeagle

oldtimeeagle

Basketball

AT

oldtimeeagle

AT

Basketball

Go Postal

AT

Go Postal

AT

Boys:

Alma - 14
SC - 9

end of 1st

Text from sevenof400:

Boys:

Vilonia 51
Greenbrier 40

end 3rd

Go Postal

AT

Boys:

Morrilton 46
Clarksville 39

end 3rd

Boys:

Alma 30
SC 26

Half

Basketball

AT

Basketball

Basketball

AT

ZoneBuster

AT

Go Postal

AT

AT

AT

Alma 70
SC 68

FINAL

Oh man, that was close. Good win Airedales.

Go Postal

Go Postal

sevenof400

Did I miss a Morrilton / Clarksville girls final somewhere???

hasbeen03

Man, I was VERY impressed with how confident Morrilton was tonight. They played toe to toe with a team I still believe is more talented, and had enough to outlast them. Just a great game by the home team. No controversy. I'm going to be looking forward to watching these two in Clarksville and seeing how both do in state. Congrats, Devil Dogs!

turftime

The Vilonia girls are looking good to finish 1st or 2nd in conference. They have Huntsville and Harrison both at home in 2nd time around.

Doggone

sevenof400

ZoneBuster

oldtimeeagle

Final boys score
Clarksville 71
Huntsville 44

Girls playing last game tonight because of Clarksville's homecoming.

Go Postal

Go Postal

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas