• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most exciting player in 5A

Started by chaos, March 03, 2012, 09:43:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chaos

Who's the most exciting player in 5A?

Downnotout

#0 for Mills. That kid is a leader and winner

chaos

I know a lot of people are down on Archie, but he is a good player.

chaos

I agree, #0 for Mills is a gamer. I am a little bias, but Dayton Scott from Beebe is exciting to watch. I've known it for 18 years

ahsalum

Quote from: chaos on March 03, 2012, 09:46:10 pm
I know a lot of people are down on Archie, but he is a good player.

Archie is very talented. Yes.

I just think he is a little bit on the lazy side and a little spoiled when he doesn't get his calls.

I've seen him play a total of 4 games now. He has yet to play a lick of defense in those four games.

chaos

Yes, but he's young and will get coached up at UK. When I first saw him play in the 8th grade I knew he was a top notch player.

chaos

The kid from Watson Chapel #23 was exciting to watch as well. What a shooter

ahsalum

MJB

I was impressed with #24 For Greenwood and thought the freshmen from Morrilton was sensational #22 I believe.

ahsalum

March 03, 2012, 10:09:38 pm #9 Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:19:18 pm by Steve Perry
Quote from: MJB on March 03, 2012, 10:04:18 pm
I was impressed with #24 For Greenwood and thought the freshmen from Morrilton was sensational #22 I believe.

Both great players.

#22 from Motown is indeed a 9th grader. Juwan Calvin

#24 from Greenwood is Ryan Lensing. An awesome shooter.

chaos

Didn't get a chance to see either player, but I will take your word on them.

B. Kirk

Quote from: Steve Perry on March 03, 2012, 10:09:38 pm

He put on the best performance I've seen from a player this season in non-conference play against Bentonville. I think he finished with 44.

ahsalum

I believe Juwan had 25 points in the first round game. He almost got hot last night but ran into foul trouble.

chaos

Sorry I missed them play. Nettleton had a guard who was pretty exciting as well. So did Forrest City, the Chatter kid. I hope that's how you spell his name. He's a leader for them.

chaos

Dayton only had 20 I think today, with 6 dunks. Proud of him and the whole Badger team!

MJB

March 03, 2012, 10:24:54 pm #15 Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 08:49:54 am by MJB
kljhg

ahsalum

Quote from: chaos on March 03, 2012, 10:22:00 pm
Sorry I missed them play. Nettleton had a guard who was pretty exciting as well. So did Forrest City, the Chatter kid. I hope that's how you spell his name. He's a leader for them.

Yes. Jordan Chatters.

He must talk alot.

chaos

ahsalum

Quote from: chaos on March 03, 2012, 10:24:48 pm
Dayton only had 20 I think today, with 6 dunks. Proud of him and the whole Badger team!

Ok. Your son is the one who can jump out of the gym.

Yeah. I remember him well from yesterday.

Kid's a heck of a player.

chaos

Thanks! Taught him everything he knows, Lol

MJB

He sure is. tremendous hops. plays hard !

ahsalum

Someone had an alley oop on us early in the game. Was it Dayton.

chaos

Yes, it was him. He average about 3 dunks per game.

ahsalum

Quote from: chaos on March 03, 2012, 10:37:39 pm
Yes, it was him. He average about 3 dunks per game.

That's incredible.

Reminds me of myself back in HS.

On the 8 foot goals at the elementary school.

ahsalum

Is the big kid from Forrest City just a soph.

MJB

Downnotout

Quote from: Steve Perry on March 03, 2012, 10:30:25 pm
Quote from: chaos on March 03, 2012, 10:24:48 pm

Ok. Your son is the one who can jump out of the gym.

Yeah. I remember him well from yesterday.

Kid's a heck of a player.

I tought you didn't make the trip

ahsalum

Quote from: B. Kirk on March 03, 2012, 10:15:25 pm
Quote from: Steve Perry on March 03, 2012, 10:09:38 pm

He put on the best performance I've seen from a player this season in non-conference play against Bentonville. I think he finished with 44.

Were you talking about Lensing or Calvin.

caryj1s

March 03, 2012, 11:20:03 pm #28 Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 11:24:00 pm by caryj1s
Lensing's 34 points vs Forrest City was impressive.  Really good ball player.  As are the others players on this post, I have seen them all play this year. 

But my old friend Chaos's question was who was the most exciting.  Silly question.

It has been lots of fun for my son to play on the same team season and summer with Dayton for the last six years.  And thanks to Chaos for coaching them in the summer and helping teach the seniors to stay together.

One look at his athleticism makes me wonder when the college coaches will come calling.
I found a few clips on the net, these do not do justice for what I have seen Dayton do.  I hope I copied them correctly.

MHSGrad

I thought the junior and freshman from monticello were impressive.. #24 and 10?.. I can't remember

chaos

Thanks Cary, you know we have a great bunch of young men. I did nothing but showed them what the had inside of them. I would walk through fire for those guys. Coach Marshall did a great job coaching this team. True I worked with them through the summers, but they did all of the heavy lifting!!!!

caryj1s

Welcome.  And your right, a good bunch.  Thanks Coach Marshall and Coach O'Conner, and Dayton, Braden, Branden, Zach, KJ, Jesean, and Corey for representing their senior class. 

Dale

Quote from: HackerHog on March 04, 2012, 12:02:59 am
Love him or hate him, this thread is not complete without Alex Rose from Harrison. I'm looking forward to him going H2H with the kid from Clarksville when they join the 5A West next year.
[/quote
You have to be kidding? Only thing exciting is to see if the refrees are going to t him up or not.

chiefsfan72936

Were you talking about Lensing or Calvin.
Lensig had the 40 points against Bentonville before conference play started.

chiefsfan72936

I meant Lensing had 40 points agianst Bentonville.

GalaxyRider

Quote from: Downnotout on March 03, 2012, 09:45:27 pm
#0 for Mills is Braylon Spicer, good kid and a leader on and off the court. Go Comets!!!

CoachBobbyT

Where is Dayton planning to play next year?

godeep

The question should have been best performance of the tourney. 

# 24 GW against FC
# 00 Mills against Beebe
#15  Beebe against Alma
#10 SH against anybody
#23 CF against Mills
#24 FC against GW

Those are the performances that impressed me. Yours are probably different.

TTofGreenwood

I'll do it.....Lunden Williams, Soph. guard for GW Lady Bulldogs.  She's the best passer in the entire tournament, boys or girls, clutch from the line, rains three pointers, attacks basket at all times and on top of all that, she is the consummate team player and gets everyone on the floor involved!

Downnotout

Quote from: GalaxyRider on March 04, 2012, 01:50:49 pm
Quote from: Downnotout on March 03, 2012, 09:45:27 pm
#0 for Mills is Braylon Spicer, good kid and a leader on and off the court. Go Comets!!!
He was my MVP of the Boys side.

Dale

Quote from: TTofgreenwood on March 04, 2012, 04:32:49 pm
I'll do it.....Lunden Williams, Soph. guard for GW Lady Bulldogs.  She's the best passer in the entire tournament, boys or girls, clutch from the line, rains three pointers, attacks basket at all times and on top of all that, she is the consummate team player and gets everyone on the floor involved!
She may come out early!

TTofGreenwood

I wish she was 5'11'' or taller.

pantherswag122

I think Siloams Henson #34 is very exciting to watch. He's a great post player and sometimes guard. Average 30 points a game. That's pretty amazing in the 5a west.

GalaxyRider

Quote from: chaos on March 03, 2012, 09:43:01 pm
Who's the most exciting player in 5A?
# 00 Braylon at mills, 5 Shyheim at mills,  23 Camden fairview, Archie at Sylvan Hills , 33 at CAC, and 23 at Beebe

P.F.G.

Love him or hate him, this thread is not complete without Alex Rose from Harrison. I'm looking forward to him going H2H with the kid from Clarksville when they join the 5A West next year.

He isn't even the same league as the Lee kid from Clarksville. Clarksville will be the team to beat next year and rose will struggle against a defender like that.

rjrose

Quote from: Dale on March 04, 2012, 11:46:39 am
[/quote
You have to be kidding? Only thing exciting is to see if the refrees are going to t him up or not.
Yeah he's had so many T's in his career.  Here we go again.  Time to get off Archie and redirect our attention to Rose.

rjrose

Quote from: Alma4life on March 05, 2012, 02:43:16 pm

He isn't even the same league as the Lee kid from Clarksville. Clarksville will be the team to beat next year and rose will struggle against a defender like that.
I guess we'll find out.  They have played on the same team and against each other for years so unless you have seen them both on the same court then you don't know.  And since you said what you did you obviously haven't seen them play against each other.  If he can't score on him then Alma is in real trouble.  Lee is good but they press and they will be the favorites but Alma nor Harrison are going to back down and lay down for them.  Derek Keaton from Camden is supposed to be the best "on ball" defender in the 5A and Alex got 27 on him.  I worry about us beating their pressure not Alex scoring in the half court.  That's where they are tough is with pressure.

Dale

Quote from: rjrose on March 05, 2012, 05:24:16 pm
Quote from: Dale on March 04, 2012, 11:46:39 am
[/quote
Yeah he's had so many T's in his career.  Here we go again.  Time to get off Archie and redirect our attention to Rose.
Your right not worth the print.

Dale

Quote from: rjrose on March 05, 2012, 05:28:54 pm
Quote from: Alma4life on March 05, 2012, 02:43:16 pm

I guess we'll find out.  They have played on the same team and against each other for years so unless you have seen them both on the same court then you don't know.  And since you said what you did you obviously haven't seen them play against each other.  If he can't score on him
then Alma is in real trouble.  Lee is good but they press and they will be the favorites but Alma nor Harrison are going to back down and lay down for them.  Derek Keaton from Camden is supposed to be the best "on ball" defender in the 5A and Alex got 27 on him.  I worry about us beating their pressure not Alex scoring in the half court.  That's where they are tough is with pressure.
Alma may be more concerned with conference championships than all this other stuff (Alma is in real trouble). 

illbeatyou

March 05, 2012, 06:46:07 pm #49 Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 06:49:07 pm by illbeatyou
Alma has more than one threat! You are going to have to cover all of them not just one guy trying to carry the team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas