• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5 reasons Super Bowl XL wasnt that great

Started by TigerFanFC6, February 06, 2006, 05:26:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerFanFC6

5.  ABC had the worst post game coverage I have ever seen.  They didnt even show Cowher getting the Gatorade bath (had to catch that on ESPN).  To me they were wanting to get it over with and get to "Grey's Anatomy".

4.  For about an hour no one knew if Randle El was dead or alive.  ABC went to commerical while he was rithing in pain and then they come back on and you hear nothing about him until he throws the TD pass. 

3.  The stage after the game where the trophy was presented was tiny.  There was only room for a few people and I would have liked to have been able to see some more people on it celebrating;  i.e. Joey Porter, Palamalu.  In all other Super Bowls you got to see most of the players celebrating and touching the trophy.

2.  All entertainment was pretty bad.  From the national anthem on.  There is already a tread on this, so I wont beat it into the ground.

1.  The refs.   Enuff said.

All in all I give the entertainment value of this game a 3 out of 10.

AB™

Very boring game.  Hard for me to get interested in it at all.

rsvl_hogfan4

I didn't mind the game too much. I hated the halftime show though. That is just because I am not a big Stones fan. I didn't really care for the commentating too much. I usually don't like fox too much, but I would have liked fox better. Out of ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox, I like CBS sports the best. I like just about any sport on CBS than I do the others. I even like CBS basketball and football over ESPN.

RHS

Quote5.  ABC had the worst post game coverage I have ever seen.

Who cares about post game coverage? All I care about is who wins the game. As soon as that was decided, I played Tetris.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: RHS on February 06, 2006, 05:42:29 pm
Quote5. ABC had the worst post game coverage I have ever seen.

Who cares about post game coverage? All I care about is who wins the game. As soon as that was decided, I played Tetris.
Interesting. On what?

RHS

N64. I dominated SMC and Emily. I was a block building machine.

SandLizard04

Quote from: RHS on February 06, 2006, 05:44:48 pm
You're just lucky I wasn't there.

rsvl_hogfan4

Congrats on your victory.

RHS

I would have dumped my lines on anyone that wold have played.

dalejrfan

What was boring is that no one scored really in the first half. The half time score was 7-3.  Overall this Super Bowl really wasn't exciting as others.

chrismurphy19

Come on up to the Hill. I'll dominate you in NFL Blitz.

RHS

I HATE Blitz.

I still challenge all comers to Tetris.

HA_Fan

Quote from: RHS on February 06, 2006, 07:34:51 pm
I still challenge all comers to Tetris.

That's not a door you want to open in Searcy.

JvilleDevils

Quote from: ChrisMurphy22 on February 06, 2006, 07:31:23 pm

Come on up to the Hill. I'll dominate you in NFL Blitz.

My door is open anytime you want a spankin by the cowboys in Blitz.

businesstron

Tetris?  I'll murder you in some Puyo Pop....or Tetris Attack. 

It was Seattle and Pittsburg...what do you expect?  Pitt played their average ugly game and won.  This is as forgettable as that Super Bowl the Jetskins won in 92....

Tarkus

The Super Bowl often times doesn't live up to the hype. Only a handful of them have actually been exciting to watch (and this one wasn't one of those). The most recent one that comes to mind was NE and Carolina two years ago. Boring for most of the first half, then 24 points scored in the last 3.5 minutes. The 3rd quarter was very slow also, then both teams lit up the scoreboard in the 4th. I really thought that one might go to OT (wow... OT in a SB, what a novel idea), until NE pulled it out with a late FG. Like any other game, it is far more exciting when you don't know who is going to win until the final moments.

WBF †

This super bowl sucked....I quit watching after hearing the Terrible Stones play. I agree with all 5 reasons, very good. I played soccer during the 2nd half, and I hate soccer....give me a break! That stage at the end of the game was like the bowl I ate my cereal in this morning(small!).

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas