• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rumor: Texas to replace TCU on Arkansas' future schedule.

Started by RD™, February 05, 2006, 10:40:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RD™

Oh how I would love another shot at beating the Tainted Longhorns.

AHM™

Quote from: RD™ on February 05, 2006, 10:40:04 pm
Oh how I would love another shot at beating the Tainted Longhorns.

oh good lord i'll start praying now that it doesn't happen...

pioneerbasketball

football? I know we have them next year in basketball in a home and home series.

chrismurphy19

Actually, it's a four year series starting next year with Texas in basketball.

I don't care either way (TCU or Texas) in football. Either way, we play a quality team.

RHS

Either way, we're getting exposure in Texas, which I like.

Lions84

Yeppie lets cook some Longhorn meat!!! with their boy gone their going to get Punked this year  ;D

JackStar

Quote from: Lions84 on February 06, 2006, 09:35:38 am
Yeppie lets cook some Longhorn meat!!! with their boy gone their going to get Punked this year ;D
what about selvin young and charles? they'll be back.....wait a second! arkansas will be playing themselves! 2 good running backs....inexperienced qb...sub-par d (texas's only slight advantage)...just MIGHT actually be a game.  except for our morale might be so low after the beatdown we receive from usc

businesstron

You forget UT is experienced just about everywhere else WR, O line, RB's.  Then the fact Snead is coming in for spring practice.  Sub par D?  They'll be better next year then they were this year(and outside of that USC game they were pretty good this year).  That new QB won't have to do alot for the longhorns to win next year.

snooplaw

Quote from: businesstron on February 07, 2006, 12:10:06 am
You forget UT is experienced just about everywhere else WR, O line, RB's. Then the fact Snead is coming in for spring practice. Sub par D? They'll be better next year then they were this year(and outside of that USC game they were pretty good this year). That new QB won't have to do alot for the longhorns to win next year.
Yeah, that's right , the Big 12(Big 1, tiny 11) is hardly the SEC, wish the Hogs were in the Big 12, instead of a game with LSU, we'd play Baylor, swap Auburn for Okie State, Alabama out, Texas Tech in, Georgia no, Iowa State yes, Florida see ya, Kansas, we'll beat 'cha.  No wonder the Horns opted not to join our league.

pioneerbasketball

Quote from: Snoopdawg on February 07, 2006, 12:37:47 am
Quote from: businesstron on February 07, 2006, 12:10:06 am
You forget UT is experienced just about everywhere else WR, O line, RB's. Then the fact Snead is coming in for spring practice. Sub par D? They'll be better next year then they were this year(and outside of that USC game they were pretty good this year). That new QB won't have to do alot for the longhorns to win next year.
Kansas, we'll beat 'cha.  No wonder the Horns opted not to join our league.
Kansas' coach is bigger than our whole team.

RHS

Why are you guys acting as if we're gonna play them this next season? Schedule has been out for 06 for a while, and UT ain't on it. I doubt they'll be on it in 07 or 08 either.

businesstron

You probably don't know the history behind the formation of the Big 12 and the demise of the SWC.  The Horns have no obligation to the Hogs whatsoever.  Texas is in the southwest why would they join the South EAST conference?   Please don't get into this my conference is better then your conference crap because we all know the SEC is the best conference out with the Big 12 being atleast 3rd.  The bowl games proved that.   

chrismurphy19

I just wish the state would put the past behind them, and get off the whole "Arkansas-Texas rivalry". Arkansas will never play Texas for more than a couple of years at a time in football, and I bet this series coming up in basketball is the last one for a while. Yes, we HAD a good rivalry. Those days are over now. The way I see it, Arkansas has no big football rivals now. I find it hard to get pumped up for the "rivalry" with LSU, when they consider us to be their third biggest rival behind Alabama and Auburn. It would be nice to play Texas, not to "rekindle" the rivalry, but to get a good team on the schedule and get exposure in the state, but it's not as big of a deal people make it out to be. I actually wish we'd quit trying to get them on the schedule so much, and work on making our in conference "rivals" more intense, and getting other big name teams onto the schedule (Oklahoma, Miami, one of the Big 10 schools).

Short and Stout

Yeah the way you say that LSU isn't our biggest rival makes it sound like Texas actually had a rivalry with us. That thing was pretty much one-sided.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas