• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The most horrible thing about this Super Bowl

Started by RD™, February 05, 2006, 09:09:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RD™

That rendition of our National Anthem, that was absolute crap, Aaron Neville can't sing or carry a tune, Arethe Franklin added words to it, and it sounded like pure crap.

I enjoyed the commercials, and I enjoyed the game, nothing like hard nosed defensive struggle game.

Infamous

Quote from: RD™ on February 05, 2006, 09:09:33 pm
That rendition of our National Anthem, that was absolute crap, Aaron Neville can't sing or carry a tune, Arethe Franklin added words to it, and it sounded like pure crap.

I enjoyed the commercials, and I enjoyed the game, nothing like hard nosed defensive struggle game.

I hate to see our National Anthem butchered. Nothing aggrivates me more than that.

ASU Rugby

I like Horatio Saenz as Aaron Neville more than Aaron Neville as Aaron Neville

olddog79

Whitney Houston's was the best ever. Man, I got goose bumps on that one. But i can't remember which Super Bowl that was.

Worst ever....Roseann Barr ( what a pig )

RD™

The Whitney Houston one was, Giants/Bills, when the Gulf War was going on. That rendtion was so great it whent #1 on the Billboard Charts.

Tonight was like listening to dogs bark. ::)

arkrazorback10

It was kinda like the absolutely horrible attempt at the National Anthem by R. Kelly in the JT fight.

CF_fan_#1

I have to agree.  Normally the anthem gives you chills and makes you proud of your country, but all I could think of was what on earth they were saying.  The tribute to the MVP's of all the Superbowls was pretty amazing though.

RHS

Wish I could have heard the anthem so I could have compared it to R Kelly's crap at Taylor-Hopkins 2. That was the absolute worst anthem I've ever heard. I would have take Rosanne singing or the Olympic guy butchering it over what R-Kelly sang.

An older guy next to me asked "Is this our National Anthem?"

WBF †

Lions84

Why can't they get some one who can SING!!!!!!!!!!

J.H.BearcatHasBeen

there were only a few commercials i enjoyed which made me a little angry.  my favorite commercial of last night was the dont judge to quickly when the father is in the hospital, and the little girl and her mom is going to see him.  and there is a fly flying around above the father and the doctor shocks it and says "Well that killed him"

footballfan-tastic

I agree, find a true singer. Someone with a good voice and who can carry the tune.     Why get famous, so called singers, who do not have good voices?   I heard the Statler Brothers sing in ones at a football or baseball, I forget, it was awesome.  Also a couple other country singers who just sang it and didn't try to re-arrange it.   

HA_Fan

Quote from: exorcist on February 06, 2006, 10:43:41 am
Why get famous, so called singers, who do not have good voices?

Aretha Franklin doesn't have a good voice?  Are you kidding?  I wasn't a big fan of her rendition of the National Anthem, but the woman can sing.

olddog79

When it comes to R&B Aretha gets plenty of R-E-S-P-E-C-T. When it comes to the national athem...not so much.

footballfan-tastic

I think you mean she could sing, but the national athem is not her style.

jbell96

Quote from: ASU Football Fan on February 05, 2006, 09:11:25 pm
I like Horatio Saenz as Aaron Neville more than Aaron Neville as Aaron Neville

Did you see the skit on SNL Saturday night? That was hilarious.

olddog79

Quote from: exorcist on February 07, 2006, 08:21:51 am
I think you mean she could sing, but the national athem is not her style.
exactly....loved her in the Blues Brothers though.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas