• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's play Name That Super Bowl!!!

Started by RD™, January 31, 2006, 06:10:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RD™

January 31, 2006, 06:10:41 pm Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 06:24:18 pm by RD™
Here is how it goes. I will give very suttle, but descriptive clues of what Super Bowl I am talking about. I will give 1 point for each correct answer, but I will deduct points for each wrong answer!

First Clue:

"They finally won one of these after losing to B-town in the previous one and they made history doing it, by holding some fish to no touchdowns for the first time" Hint on the team: They've been there a few times.

Second Clue:

"Gauranteed" by one, off the bench by another, the Orange Bowl crowd of 73 plus saw the might NFL Champions put up no fuss

Third Clue:

"So long it had been but they finally won, the trophy named named after the NFL's beloved football son"

rsvl_hogfan4

Are we trying to guess the super bowl or the winner of the super bowl?

RD™

Quote from: rsvl_HOGFAN4 on January 31, 2006, 06:15:32 pm
Are we trying to guess the super bowl or the winner of the super bowl?
Guess the Super Bowl

RHS

RD™

RHS

January 31, 2006, 06:45:46 pm #5 Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 06:48:15 pm by RHS
Dallas rushed for 252 yards while holding the Fins to 185 yards.

Staubach was the MVP after he threw for 119 yards and 2 TD's.

hillbilly

Quote from: RHS on January 31, 2006, 06:45:46 pm
Dallas rushed for 252 yards while holding the Fins to 185 yards.

Staubach was the MVP after he threw for 119 yards and 2 TD's.
Pshhh. What do you know?:D

RHS

I know I'm ready for another question.

mattp_68

How bout...

Hint One: They made history by winning this game. They had never been there before

Hint Two:They conquered one of the best recievers to ever play the game in this recent yet classic game

RHS

My guess would be SB 34, Rams over Titans 23-16. Probably wrong, but I can't think of anyone else.

jbell96

I'm guessing SB 37 with the Bucs beating the Raiders 48-21 so I wouldn't call it a classic if that is it.

mattp_68

Quote from: jbell on January 31, 2006, 07:37:54 pm
I'm guessing SB 37 with the Bucs beating the Raiders 48-21 so I wouldn't call it a classic if that is it.
You hit that one on the head..I say its a classic because the all time losingest team in NFL history beat one of the best raider teams in a while

RHS

I thought about that one, but I fail to see how a 27 point margin of victory can be called a classic.

RHS

If you're going to call that game a classic, then Dallas killing Buffalo by 35 in SB 27 is a classic, as would the Niners 45 point win in SB 24 over Denver.

RD™

They ended 13 years of dominance, he began his farewell tour, and this conference retured to glory.

SandLizard04

Quote from: RD™ on January 31, 2006, 07:59:46 pm
They ended 13 years of dominance, he began his farewell tour, and this conference retured to glory.
John Elway and the Broncos over the Packers in Super Bowl XXXII (holy shat, was that really 8 years ago?)

Infamous

SB XXXII was one of my favorites of all-time.

RD™

RHS

I shouldn't have stared at the screen so long or I could have gotten another point for it.

RHS

Who was the MVP of that game and what record did he set?

Infamous

RD™

Quote from: RHS on January 31, 2006, 08:16:13 pm
Who was the MVP of that game and what record did he set?
Terrell Davis rushed for 157 yards SB Record 3 TDs

RHS

Hound, you didn't give me the record....no point for you.

Good job RD.

Infamous

RHS

RD™

AB™

Let's get another one and hope I read it before SL04 and RHS do in the morning.  ;D

RHS

I might go make one up in the wee hours and see who gets it first.

ahsalum

AB™

Not sure if I'm qualified to do this but I'll throw one out there.

First Clue:

After losing in their first try they won this one to bring in the new decade.

Second Clue:

The loser of this Super Bowl would reach the promise land 3 more times only to face defeat 3 more times.

CatsRule

1990 Superbowl?  Giants over the Bills.

RHS

Giants won their first SB though in 1987.

Tarkus

February 01, 2006, 02:56:17 pm #33 Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 02:57:53 pm by Tarkus
KC beating Minnesota in SB 4 (1970)

KC had lost in their first appearance in SB 1 to the Packers, and the Vikes went on to lose three more SB's in the 70's.

AB™

Tarkus

Quote from: Almabball on February 01, 2006, 02:57:07 pm
Tarkus got it.
That was a pretty good one. I guess it would take an old fart like me to remember that.  ;D

AB™

I did what I could.  I'm only 18 so I don't remember the Super Bowl but I just wanted to find a way to get the NFL's other four time loser of the Super Bowl involved.

RHS

Well I found out what my mistake was. I looked for a team to lose it's first one, win their next one, and then lose three more. Forgot about the loser going on to lose the next 3, other wise I might have gotten it. Oh well.

AB™

Alright since no one else is going to come up with clues I'll do another.

First Clue:

99 Yards and the game was iced.  Some might call this a very Special Super Bowl, where a super QB finally got his and a special teamer stole the show.

Second Clue:

Tuna and Cheese were abound and the losing quarterback now QB's the team who had won three of the previous 4 Super Bowls.

AB™

Tarkus

SB31 - Green Bay 35-21 over New England

Favre's 1st SB, but special teamer Desmond Howard had a KO return for a TD, and won the MVP (1st time a special teams player won it). Patriot QB Bledsoe is now with Dallas.

AB™

That's right Tarkus.

Desmond Howard was the first and still the only special teamer to win MVP of the Super Bowl.

CF_fan_#1

Which SB came down to a fieldgoal and didn't get it.  The score was only a point difference?

AB™

Super Bowl XXV.

Poor Buffalo.  Little did they know they would go on to lose the next 3 Super Bowls.

RHS

After a great drive to even get them in FG position.

Tarkus

Try this one:

It was the first time that a defensive player was selected as MVP.

It was also the first time that the MVP played for the losing team.

AB™

Super Bowl V.

Chuck Howley got MVP with 2 INT's but the Cowboys lost to the Colts by a field goal.

Tarkus

Very good. How about this one:

The first time in Super Bowl history that the team that gained the most yards from scrimmage lost the game.

AB™

Super Bowl XVI.

Bengals outgained the 49ers but still lost 26-21.

Tarkus

Dude, this thread has turned into just you and me bouncing this off of each other - did I say that like it was a bad thing?  ;D

Here's something a little different:

How many teams have never played in a SB and who are they?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas