• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

why does everyone bash heath?

Started by JacksonvilleGolfa, January 29, 2006, 03:40:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JacksonvilleGolfa

if we win this game all of you are saying what a great plan he had and very well coached game either get on or off the bandwagon but win arkansas wins dont say how great they are and win they lose say they suck

snooplaw

Boy, you got me there, I have no idea why. ;)

olddog79

I can still remember 1994, that's why.

We have the talent, but no leadership.

chrismurphy19

I remember 1994 as well. I'm not going to bash Heath though.

alaskanstorm

because we've lost games we should of won going on four years know.  in that time frame i have not once seen him get emotional once.  today in the second half when our players we're making stupid passes and not pulling up and setting up the offence with a 10 point lead (another thing which should've been corrected w/in the past three years), he should yank them out of the game and give them an ear full.  then if they continue to do it send them to the dressing room to change into their street cloths and watch the game from the dressing room.

CHAMPION_#1

we have no leadership, bc the first person that is supposed to be a leader is the coach and he hasnt stepped up and done that yet. once he starts becoming a leader, so will some of the players on his team and they will start winning lots of games.

jaxwr19

I wanna see him get in someones face for doing bad and see him get an attitude.

M.I. D

I remember 1994 as well and that was a great team. I like #10 that we have now i think he is a good player but i dont think he could have started on the 1994 team. He get's alot of hype but if he's that good he needs to step it up and take a game like the one today over in the last few minutes. IMO this team lacks KILLER INSTINCT in a big way. Heath isnt a bad coach but i think he has passed this to his players B/C i dont see it in him either. JMO.

V-Town_Eagle_24

Quote from: JHSDevilGolfer on January 29, 2006, 03:40:09 pm
if we win this game all of you are saying what a great plan he had and very well coached game either get on or off the bandwagon but win arkansas wins dont say how great they are and win they lose say they suck

I'll be the first to say that the game plan we had was not the reason for building an 18-point lead.  It was the result of great talent.  Not coaching.  When the second half rolled around, the lack of a game plan showed.

Also, there have been many negative things to talk about, even when we win.

Lions84

January 30, 2006, 09:44:35 am #9 Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 10:03:04 am by Lions84
Cause He is a Blooming Idiot >:(

He can't get his team around the corner.

Razoryager

The guy couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag with a hole in both ends.

JacksonvilleGolfa

Quote from: Razoryager on January 30, 2006, 10:19:59 am

thats so funny!! did ya come up with that yourself??? DOH!

79Cat

Heath was the pacifier at M-State. After Izzo chewed a player out, Heath was the one to come over and do the butt-patting. I put more blame on most of the guys who were out there the most minutes(and some who should've been out there more but couldn't or wouldn't get tough under the glass). It ultimately comes down to coaching. Oh to be 20 again and be a 7footer! Heck I'm 44 and could have gone out there and done better at 6'6" than our big men tried to do.

voiceofthepanthers

My frustration is more with the players than Heath. I have always thought the guy could recruit and coach. The only thing I would like to see do more of is get mad at his players and chew on them. Heck, Nolan could just stare at a player and get his point across. Stan has to get mean, IMO. I am not ready to jump ship with him, but this team's inability to close a game has chased me away for now. I ran my wife out of the room on Sunday, and that is what Stan needs to do, get mad.

Razoryager

Quote from: JHSDevilGolfer on January 30, 2006, 10:22:05 am

not sure, but I'm fairly certain you didn't come up with DOH! yourself.  Unless your name is homer.
Then again, you appear to be a Heath homer, so maybe you did.  Heath sucks, plain and simple.  Give me three logical reasons why he should keep his job, heck, two, and I'll bow down.  Until then, stick to peewee leagues where it's the right thing to do to tell everyone they did good when they get humiliated.

JacksonvilleGolfa

Quote from: Razoryager on January 31, 2006, 02:06:42 am

not sure, but I'm fairly certain you didn't come up with DOH! yourself. Unless your name is homer.
Then again, you appear to be a Heath homer, so maybe you did. Heath sucks, plain and simple. Give me three logical reasons why he should keep his job, heck, two, and I'll bow down. Until then, stick to peewee leagues where it's the right thing to do to tell everyone they did good when they get humiliated.

1.Recruitng-Heath is bringing in top recruits every year and has the talent,

2.Tom Izzo-anytime you are an assistant for Tom Izzo you know the man can coach basketball

BOW DOWN HO

RD™

Gotcher, ignore that frickin retard JHSDevilidiot.

That cat knows absolutley nothing about sports.

RHS

1. Recruiting
2. He has a candy bar named after him. :D

rsvl_hogfan4

olddog79

chickasaw

Im sorry, but listening to all of yall saying that Arkansas has the talent is ridiculous. They have the talent to be a decent team, but they dont have anyone that can shoot from outside or a real dominant post player.

rsvl_hogfan4

January 31, 2006, 09:51:32 pm #22 Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 09:53:46 pm by rsvl_HOGFAN4
Quote from: olddog79 on January 31, 2006, 06:34:26 pm
Quote from: rsvl_HOGFAN4 on January 31, 2006, 06:19:36 pm
Quote from: RHS on January 31, 2006, 06:15:20 pm

It taste pretty good too.
How do they taste on the road?
I was talking about the candy bar dousche. They are like 3-5 away from home this year so not too bad. I wish it was better, but I remain optimistic about the remaining away games.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: chickasaw on January 31, 2006, 09:44:03 pm
Im sorry, but listening to all of yall saying that Arkansas has the talent is ridiculous. They have the talent to be a decent team, but they dont have anyone that can shoot from outside or a real dominant post player.
Modica and Ferguson are capable of shooting from outside really well. Darian Townes and Charles Thomas have potential to be a dominant post player. I think Thomas is playing a lot better than Townes.

chickasaw

Ferguson and Modica.......exactly. They need someone like Pat Bradley, just some slow white guy that can keep teams from putting a zone on them all night long.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: chickasaw on January 31, 2006, 09:57:43 pm
Ferguson and Modica.......exactly. They need someone like Pat Bradley, just some slow white guy that can keep teams from putting a zone on them all night long.
Well, I still think Modica and Ferguson can do that. Heath doesn't want the team to shoot anymore then about 9 or 10 threes a game. Modica drives in a lot, so he doesn't shoot the three a whole lot. Sean McCurdy could be a guy like that if he got more playing time, and Preston Cranford has one of the best shots on the team. Sean and Preston will be those guys in the future though.

olddog79

Quote from: rsvl_HOGFAN4 on January 31, 2006, 09:51:32 pm

I was talking about the candy bar dousche. They are like 3-5 away from home this year so not too bad. I wish it was better, but I remain optimistic about the remaining away games.
I got that. My comment was a joke.

...you not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed are you?

And by the way, if you're gonna call people names at least learn how to spell it.  (hick)

Razoryager

Quote from: JHSDevilGolfer on January 31, 2006, 01:52:24 pm
Quote from: Razoryager on January 31, 2006, 02:06:42 am

not sure, but I'm fairly certain you didn't come up with DOH! yourself. Unless your name is homer.
Then again, you appear to be a Heath homer, so maybe you did. Heath sucks, plain and simple. Give me three logical reasons why he should keep his job, heck, two, and I'll bow down. Until then, stick to peewee leagues where it's the right thing to do to tell everyone they did good when they get humiliated.

1.Recruitng-Heath is bringing in top recruits every year and has the talent,

2.Tom Izzo-anytime you are an assistant for Tom Izzo you know the man can coach basketball

BOW DOWN HO

Where are all these great recruits?  And what good are they if they don't produce?  First point shot down, moving on.
The guy was with Izzo! WOW!  I knew a guy who used run into Bobby Knight in the pisser at IU.  Maybe we should hire him as well, because being around good coaches obviously makes a guy a good coach, too.  Point two shot down.  0 for 2, Einstein.  Care to try to figure out what percentage that is, or do you need me to give you a hint?

RHS

What about the candy bar point? Is that shot down as well?

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: olddog79 on January 31, 2006, 10:50:20 pm
Quote from: rsvl_HOGFAN4 on January 31, 2006, 09:51:32 pm

I got that. My comment was a joke.

...you not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed are you?

And by the way, if you're gonna call people names at least learn how to spell it. (hick)
Hmmm...I got the joke, but as I stated earlier I don't take disses to the hog team very well after a hog loss. That makes me stupid, you are right.  ::)

Also, I know how to spell it, but I figured it would have been censored. I understood you were joking, but it wasn't that funny and didn't make a whole lot of sense. Luckily I am sharp enough to understand a moronic joke.

olddog79

Moronic?  you just don't know when to shut up, do you?

As you can see I don't take name calling from a 17 yr old very well.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: olddog79 on February 01, 2006, 12:54:56 pm
Moronic? you just don't know when to shut up, do you?

As you can see I don't take name calling from a 17 yr old very well.
OK, I don't really care. I don't like people saying stupid stuff about the Hogs when it is not needed, and you don't like being called names. You said I wasn't very smart. I am actually pretty smart. I took offense to what you said, and you took offense to what I said. I was already frustrated about other things when I read your post. Don't say stupid stuff like that when it isn't needed, and I won't call you names. Problem solved.

Lions84

RHS

QuoteI understood you were joking, but it wasn't that funny and didn't make a whole lot of sense.

I found it to be very hilarious actually.

rsvlHOGFAN, maybe you just shouldn't post for a few days after a Hog loss if you get so touchey. Just a suggestion.

not ray

February 01, 2006, 03:06:29 pm #34 Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 05:02:39 pm by S.D. Jones
It is a crying shame when people so absolutely disconnected from the Hogs take little things such as jokes about the Hogs so personally.  Man it is not that big a deal.  Believe me the players hate to lose, but they are getting ready for the next game.  They are not moping around dwelling about and worrying about what everyone thinks about them.  After nearly 30 years of being a sports/Hog fan I have learned a lot about how to deal with adversity and winning.

olddog79

Quote from: RHS on February 01, 2006, 02:21:28 pm
QuoteI understood you were joking, but it wasn't that funny and didn't make a whole lot of sense.

I found it to be very hilarious actually.

rsvlHOGFAN, maybe you just shouldn't post for a few days after a Hog loss if you get so touchey. Just a suggestion.
Thank you. I was gonna reply, but I don't think it's really needed now.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: S.D. Jones on February 01, 2006, 03:06:29 pm
It is a crying shame when people so absolutely disconnected from the Hogs take little things such as jokes about the Hogs so personally.  Man it is not that big a deal.  Believe me the players hate to lose, but they are getting ready for the next game.  They are not moping around dwelling about and worrying about what everyone thinks about them.  After nearly 30 years of being a sports/Hog fan I have learned a lot about how to deal with adversity and winning.
I am not sure who you are directing this too, but I am always positive about the Hogs and say the same thing. However, I get harassed for it. Everytime the Hogs lose, everyone jumps off the wagon and say they are done. I always say the season isn't over we have plenty of chances to make the tourney. I always try and keep things positive. However, I don't find too many jokes about Stan Heath sucking very funny. That is just my opinion. Half of the people laughing at Stan Heath are the same people that were offended by the Vince Young jokes. I don't take Hogs jokes personal, but I don't laugh at too many either. However, when someone calls me stupid I seem to get mad.

RHS, I shouldn't post because I don't have the same sense of humor as you? I guess I will try and avoid threads you are posting in now. I am sorry I don't find jokes about Stan Heath that funny. This thread started to turn into a bashing of Stan Heath and I was tired of it. Next time I guess if I post I will have to laugh so I don't get a suggestion to stop posting.

V-Town_Eagle_24

Quote from: rsvl_HOGFAN4 on February 01, 2006, 05:44:10 pm
This thread started to turn into a bashing of Stan Heath and I was tired of it.

With the title of the thread, what did you expect?

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: JGotcher on February 01, 2006, 06:46:08 pm

I never said I didn't expect it, I said I got tired of it. This thread wasn't made to bash him anyways.

RHS

QuoteI am sorry I don't find jokes about Stan Heath that funny.

For the record, it was about his candy bar.

V-Town_Eagle_24

Quote from: rsvl_HOGFAN4 on February 01, 2006, 07:31:03 pm

I never said I didn't expect it, I said I got tired of it. This thread wasn't made to bash him anyways.

If someone was to ask me why I bash Stan Heath, I would tell them.  I would make a bunch of harsh comments about Heath.  Then, you would get tired of it.  That example represents this thread.

It's not that big of a deal, but I thought I'd simplify it a bit, so you would understand what I meant.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: JGotcher on February 02, 2006, 04:18:01 pm
Quote from: rsvl_HOGFAN4 on February 01, 2006, 07:31:03 pm

If someone was to ask me why I bash Stan Heath, I would tell them. I would make a bunch of harsh comments about Heath. Then, you would get tired of it. That example represents this thread.

It's not that big of a deal, but I thought I'd simplify it a bit, so you would understand what I meant.
I don't think it is a big deal either, but I get tired of it, and that is my opinion. Everyone has something that is annoying to them. People bashing Stan after a loss but never giving him any credit is annoying to me. If a few comments here or there were said I wouldn't mind, but things are constantly said. It is kind of like the ASU vs U of A threads. Everyone gets tired of them, but if someone just said something comparing the two a few times it wouldn't be so bad.

V-Town_Eagle_24

Quote from: rsvl_HOGFAN4 on February 02, 2006, 05:43:10 pm
I don't think it is a big deal either, but I get tired of it, and that is my opinion.

No, I meant what we were disagreeing about was not a big deal.  And you are entitled to that opinion, which is what this board is all about, so keep speaking your mind.

Lions84

Infamous

I'm just curious but those of you who are crying for Nolan to come back, do you not remember the last few years of the Nolan era? He had got absolutely lazy with his recruiting and had adapted the mindset that "I'm Nolan Richardson and the recruits will come to me." In turn, he brought in some absolutely horrendous recruiting classes.

snooplaw

Nolan intentionally ran the program into the ground because he was miffed at Emperor/AD Frank, maybe with good cause.  We still have not recovered nor has the program .  I was tickled to death when Nolan was hired, unfortunately, I was even more tickled when he was fired.  He had it coming.

kingkong

I have not read all the post on this yet but, what i have read is a bunch of people saying he needs to get in peoples faces. well in my opinion. Each coach has his way of coaching and his is not to scream and yell and make the player want to kill him. Im not saying that is a bad way cuz many coaches do and are succesful. with that said Stan is a D-1 coach and none of us are( i dont think) it takes more than luck to get that far. I have read in another post that this is his last year, no way he has build a better program each year bringing in alot of talent. Also M I D Brewer could have started on the 94 team Nolan would have sqeezed him in somewhere, bringing the fact that all the talent on that team would have made him alot better. i have not read all the post yet but this is about some of the first page

rsvl_hogfan4

This game Heath got in the players faces a little more. I am a Heath supporter, but I wish he would show a little more anger sometimes. Today he did. He yelled at the refs and the players. That was good to see. Also, I said Modica can be a person to break a zone and hit the outside shots. I was told he wasn't the player that can do that. Well, Modica started out 5-5 from three and finished 6-9 from three point range. Looks like he can to me.

RHS

The question is not if Modican can hit his outside shots, but can he hit them on a consistent basis form game to game? That's the difference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas