• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Girls Preseason Top 10

Started by JJYahoo, October 06, 2014, 10:21:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JJYahoo

We are just over 5 weeks away from basketball getting started for schools with football.  Let me hear your thoughts on a preseason TOP 10 for AA girls.

Greyhound#1

Salem and Marmaduke are top 10 for sure and maybe top 5.

Hogfan167

The England posters say their girls are definetly contenders.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Hogfan167 on October 06, 2014, 10:45:06 pm
The England posters say their girls are definetly contenders.

I agree England is stop 5

BrianfromCarlisle

England should definitely be top 5.  Probably top 3

JJYahoo

I think 2A girls basketball is as wide open as it has been in a long time. I don't even think its a lock that England wins their conference.  Magnet Cove is going to be pretty good this year.  I think better than last year!  They added Mount Ida's best player who is a post player that is very physical.

Cheek

Quote from: JJYahoo on October 08, 2014, 06:35:45 am
I think 2A girls basketball is as wide open as it has been in a long time. I don't even think its a lock that England wins their conference.  Magnet Cove is going to be pretty good this year.  I think better than last year!  They added Mount Ida's best player who is a post player that is very physical.

Yes they did, and England lost their tall post player.  With these two changes, I still think England wins the conference.  MC lost alot last year, and even with the transfer, they will not make a run at a State Title.

BigLion10

Didn't know we lost our post player cheek that's gonna be a big loss

keohog

Quote from: BigLion10 on October 08, 2014, 02:06:12 pm
Didn't know we lost our post player cheek that's gonna be a big loss
Only time will tell.

Yak

MC has two new basketball players that should help them tremendously! As for England, they are an established program....if they did lose someone, I am sure they just reload.

redrider30

The rankings will be top 6 and start in January. Salem will have a hard time breaking the top 6 unless they have a weak schedule and a very good record. Never get to thinking your a great team by beating up on a weak conference. Salem should win their conference and should advance to State Tourn. due to the 2A-3 being way down this year with the exception of a loaded Marmaduke team. They do have a well coached and very good team. I'm just not sure they're top 6 yet, most of the time that's a different level.

Greyhound#1

They have plenty of non conference games and tournaments to prove themselfs. 

redrider30

I agree but the key will be who they are against. I know that sometimes its hard to get bigger schools to play you or invite to their classics or tournaments. It took us a long time to get in the McDonald's shootout at Paragould and as good as Marmaduke girls have been the past 4 years we've only been able to get a few 3rd place finishes but going 2-1 or 1-2 there is better for us in the long run than winning the Willams 3 years in a row. Good luck to your girls this season and maybe we'll see you in the regional finals.

Greyhound#1

Basketballfan13

Callie price was the only sr that contributed much. They will be better this year.

bighurt411

Not many mentioning JC Westside in 2A girls. They are very talented with a good junior class. Were very young last year. Lost to Magnet Cove in the state tournament by 4 points.

Cheek

Quote from: bighurt411 on October 11, 2014, 03:48:29 pm
Not many mentioning JC Westside in 2A girls. They are very talented with a good junior class. Were very young last year. Lost to Magnet Cove in the state tournament by 4 points.

I have mentioned them several times.  I was very impressed with the point guard and  post player.   The young girl in the post is a beast.

bighurt411

I must have missed it. They are really good. They play in tournaments in both Van Buren and Dardanelle., so it will be interesting to see how compete with the bigger schools.

redrider30

Marmaduke returns 9 seniors 7 who play. Their Jr. class and Sophomore classes also won the 2A-3 Jr. conference and district titles when they were freshmen, both of those classes had 15-1 league records.

hogfan32

SH girls will be back and ready to roll again this year. replacing 3 good starters but if they buy into  their new coaches philosophy they will be tough again. should roll in weak conference and region.

Sport718

1.Marmaduke 2.JC Westside 3. England 4-10?????

WPWells

Throw Spring Hill and Riverside into the conversation

BigLion10

Marmaduke and England Saturday night at the Duke should be a fun game

WPWells

Probably Magnet Cove deserves a mention too

Steves68Nova

Is Greenland 2A? Watched them last night and they are pretty salty. That #10 plays like a boy!

BigLion10

DragonFan

JC Westside and Hackett Sr. Girls will be the best teams from the 2A West this year. Both teams made it to State last year and return at least 4 starters. Hackett only lost their point guard from last year's team, and understand that the Hartford point guard moved in to fill that position.

CoachGMoney

Donnie Jamon

Mduke girls england girls by 30 I believe

bdubyab60

Cheek

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 27, 2014, 01:25:00 pm
Mduke girls england girls by 30 I believe

By 23.  It still was bad.  It was around 14 points most of the game.

BoxNOne

For now:

1. Marmaduke
2. JC Westside
3. Spring Hill
4. England
5. Magnet Cove

Sport718

Marmaduke is for real! JC Westside has a big game vs 7a Van Buren tonight. That should tell us alot about them. Spring Hill and Magnet Cove lost a lot off last years teams. I think Brinkley should also be in the mix.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: BoxNOne on November 28, 2014, 09:26:37 am
For now:

1. Marmaduke
2. JC Westside
3. Spring Hill
4. England
5. Magnet Cove
If I remember right magnet cove beat spring hill at spring hill a few weeks ago

BoxNOne

BF13 you are correct. For some reason, I was thinking Spring Hill won that game. I would reverse those two in my poll. Thanks for the correction.

Yak

Quote from: Sport718 on December 01, 2014, 10:51:53 am
Marmaduke is for real! JC Westside has a big game vs 7a Van Buren tonight. That should tell us alot about them. Spring Hill and Magnet Cove lost a lot off last years teams. I think Brinkley should also be in the mix.
Marmaduke is pretty good. JC playing with the big ones in Van Buren... Van Buren has a few kids! As for Magnet Cove and Spring Hill, I heard SH barely beat Sparkman in a tournament, but are 6-2? MC has appeared to reload and they have two new players that seem to contribute...either way...they are either undefeated or lost only one so far I was told. AA girls ought to be interesting this year!

bighurt411

Did Marmaduke really lose by 25 to Marked Tree (girls).

Hogfan167

mtindian42

marked tree will be in the mix...

redrider30

thabeast428

Junction city girls are looking good and mostly sophomores and juniors

bighurt411

JC Westside girls are now 12-2. Play Wonderview tomorrow in the semi finals of the
Yell County tournament in Dardanelle.

BigLion10

England girls beat defending 3a champs eStem 62 55 in the semis of the lonoke tournament tonight

BrianfromCarlisle

And they did that after being down 12 late I'm told.  Impressive.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bighurt411 on December 29, 2014, 06:12:11 pm
JC Westside girls are now 12-2. Play Wonderview tomorrow in the semi finals of the

Anyone got a time for this game?

Basketballfan13

Quote from: BigLion10 on December 29, 2014, 06:20:14 pm
England girls beat defending 3a champs eStem 62 55 in the semis of the lonoke tournament tonight
Estem  lost a lot from last year, earlier this year they played in the warrior classic at Western grove and lost to Kingston by 24 and western grove by 6. Still any win is a good win, who will they play in the finals?

BigLion10

December 29, 2014, 10:59:03 pm #46 Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 11:01:22 pm by BigLion10
Lonoke the host team at 6

Hef

Quote from: HF on December 29, 2014, 10:46:27 pm
Quote from: bighurt411 on December 29, 2014, 06:12:11 pm

Anyone got a time for this game?

4:00

hogfan32

anybody have a new top 10 since we are mid-way through the season?

birddawg1986

Quote from: hogfan32 on January 21, 2015, 02:04:31 pm
anybody have a new top 10 since we are mid-way through the season?
CLASS 2A

1. Marmaduke .................................25-2

2. Spring Hill ...................................14-2

3. England .......................................17-5

4. Johnson County Westside..........16-4

5. Parkers Chapel ............................13-4

6. Carlisle.........................................13-5

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas