• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOW I DESCRIBE CEDAR RIDGE

Started by brown2010, March 16, 2014, 08:16:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mack

How bad did Jonesboro beat CR?  Wasn't it like 40 points?  Refs might cost you a 10 point whoppin', but if you get beat by 20- 30-40, you simply are not as good.  Jonesboro is more athletic and has more athletes to throw at you.  You might have made it closer, but to win it, JB would have had to have 6 guys out with the flu.  Plain and simple.

Keep dreaming CR fans.

Timberwolf08

If you read the posts, we all agreed that JB would beat us as they're much deeper. But not by 30. By 10-15, which is pretty much the swing you said could be created. If JB is 15 points better, refs could cause a 10 point swing. That said, when you have two players on the bench and touch fouls are being called, there's not a lot of defense that can be played. Not to mention the JB athletic director said he'd never seen the hurricane drain threes the way they did against us. No doubt we'd get beat because of simple depth, but I truly don't believe JB can put a better 5 on the court at any given time than CR. The problem is they can match CR three times.

bdog32

The facts are this. JHS was more physical and beat CR. CR was more physical and beat Clarendon.  Physical beats finesse 9 out of 10 times.  Nobody from clarendon got punched in the face. They allowed CR to run all their sets and were picked and screened apart. When the game was over in the 4th Clarendon started pushing and taking cheap shots. The only pinch to gace that anyone took wa when CR cane out on fire and took control of the game from the tip. They were in control of thay game for 32 minutes.  Clarendon had a great year and will have their shot again next year. Need to learn a lesson from the finals and come back stronger. CR proved that they were the best team in 2A without a doubt.

doubled

Here's the thing Mack I do not thank we could beat JB. I don't believe anyone said that but, what happened in that game with the ref's taking no chances well was plain to see. I do believe we brought it on ourselves by beating Valley View by 30 , GCT by 30 , Westside by 30 in the 4 days prior. TAKING NO CHANCES was Jb period. I Do believe Jonesboro is the best team in the state 7a and down just my opinion and u know what they say about that lol.

mack

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on March 20, 2014, 02:32:39 pm
If you read the posts, we all agreed that JB would beat us as they're much deeper. But not by 30. By 10-15, which is pretty much the swing you said could be created. If JB is 15 points better, refs could cause a 10 point swing. That said, when you have two players on the bench and touch fouls are being called, there's not a lot of defense that can be played. Not to mention the JB athletic director said he'd never seen the hurricane drain threes the way they did against us. No doubt we'd get beat because of simple depth, but I truly don't believe JB can put a better 5 on the court at any given time than CR. The problem is they can match CR three times.

Good point.  I focused on the one that was blaming refs.  I've been a fan of CR since that magnificent game against M Monk and company last year.  Smaller schools don't have lesser athletes, they just don't have as many to choose from as the larger schools.  Still, to say you can play with the bigs, and not get argued with, you have to make a better showing than you did.

doubled

Should have had Jb come to CR and see what would have happened. I bet the score would have been different but not the out come. Again like I said Jb wasn't taking any chances. I'm from Jb I know what goes on. I will use Nettleton game last year at the NEA to make my point.

MomaLion

Quote from: bdog32 on March 20, 2014, 03:07:51 pm
The facts are this. JHS was more physical and beat CR. CR was more physical and beat Clarendon.  Physical beats finesse 9 out of 10 times.  Nobody from clarendon got punched in the face. They allowed CR to run all their sets and were picked and screened apart. When the game was over in the 4th Clarendon started pushing and taking cheap shots. The only pinch to gace that anyone took wa when CR cane out on fire and took control of the game from the tip. They were in control of thay game for 32 minutes.  Clarendon had a great year and will have their shot again next year. Need to learn a lesson from the finals and come back stronger. CR proved that they were the best team in 2A without a doubt.
I don't think anybody ever disputed that CR controlled that game lol. It was theirs for the taking.

mack

Quote from: doubled on March 20, 2014, 03:33:47 pm
Should have had Jb come to CR and see what would have happened. I bet the score would have been different but not the out come. Again like I said Jb wasn't taking any chances. I'm from Jb I know what goes on. I will use Nettleton game last year at the NEA to make my point.

We play at Jonesboro every year.  I've never seen what I would call horrible officiating.  We've won there, we've lost there.

bdubyab60

Quote from: doubled on March 20, 2014, 03:33:47 pm
That wasnt a horribly officiated game though. However one call ruined what was a great comeback by CR. Charge Man doing his thing. A bunch of us were at a baseball game yesterday and the ump calls a kid out on a very low strike. I said if charge man had of run him up he would have rung him up and benn halfway down the line with a charge call.

doubled

I seen charge man cost cave city boys a game against Brookland last year and the call was even worse than the Nettleton flop call. All the locals know he sucks up to certain coach's and schools. But it does make things interesting and gives people a lot to talk about. I think he got EPC in the district finals and cost them a 1 seed in regional. Which put them facing junction city 1 st round of state. Now see what a ref can do to a teams future. 

TheKoozie

The refs was bad in the Jonesboro game but they have been all year!  Jonesboro shot lights out in the game! I can almost guarantee you they haven't shot like that again. They was like 16-20 from 3 in the game. That's just unheard of! Everything they threw up went in. I would love to either have them at home or on a neutral site just to see how close it would be. I still think Jonesboro would win, but I would promise it wouldn't be a blowout...

FD4

I was the one that blew up and said CR beats JB, but after I calmed down, the reality is this, JB has too much depth like has been posted, but, if you take away all the bench and just pick out 8 players to go against CR, even your best 8, different game.  It is what it is and that tourney was what it was, the place for one admission you got to watch 3 state champions at the same time.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas