• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HOW I DESCRIBE CEDAR RIDGE

Started by brown2010, March 16, 2014, 08:16:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

brown2010

OVERALL BEST 2A TEAM IN STATE AND A BASKETBALL FAMILY
1. COACH MIDDLEBROOKS-BEST COACH IN 2A HAS MORE SETUPS AND PLAYS THAT NO ONE HAS STOPPED
2.SPENCER REAVES-BEST OUTSIDE SHOOTER IN 2A AND CAN TAKE A GAME OVER ANYTIME
2.COLE CRABTREE-BEST INSIDE MAN ON THE BLOCK AND REBOUNDS EVERYTHINGAND DOES HIT FTS IN CLUTCH
3.NATE EASLEY-BEST 5'10 MIDDLE MAN THAT BLOCKS OUT WELL AND WILL TAKE A CHARGE ON ANYONE
4.CADE CRABTREE-BEST SOPH AND CAN MAKE FREETHROWS ANYTIME GREAT DEFENSIVE PLAYER
5.AUSTIN REAVES-BEST SOPH OUTSIDE SHOOTER AND TOOK OVER WHEN BRO WAS ON BENCH GREAT FT SHOOTER
6.3 AND 23 OUTSTANDING JOB GIVING STARTERS A BREATHER
7.EXCELLENT FAN SUPPORT FROM TOWN AND OTHER PLACES
8.BEST DEFENSIVE TEAM IN 2A WHEN THEY TURN IT UP I CALL IT STINK ON SH-T AND THATS HAPPENED LAST 2 YEARS
9.BACK TO BACK DISTRICT, CONFERENCE, REGION AND STATE CHAMPS
10.GREAT JOB GUYS NOW BASEBALL TIME
11.LAST THING EXCELLENT SUPPORT ON AND OFF COURT BY THE 9TH GRADERS
12 CONGRATULATIONS

thabeast428

March 16, 2014, 08:57:24 am #1 Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 09:00:49 am by thabeast428
U forgot one its over ;-) just sayn since u like to talk about JC. Bc Noone really cares about how u describe anyone. And i believe them and JC defense would be close to each other once they step it up. So saying they have the best is a lil too much. But i will say CR is the best team in 2a and will be number 1 til someone beats them just like JC in football :-)

brown2010

thats ur opionion and I got mine but jc couldn't stop clarendon how they gonna stop cr. they aint cause they didn't make it. good luck next yr.

BoxNOne

I think Bill Taylor is definitely best 2a coach in the state. He took inferior talent and had a great CR team on the ropes. But like a champion does, CR pulled it out. By the way, I am no BIC fan.

brown2010

n p box everyone has there choice, but I think Middlebrooks is. he took last year 2 juniors 1 soph and 2 little 9th graders and won and those five up a grade and did it again. he has more set ups and plays than your guy and they executed them better all year. like I said this is my thoughts of these guys and everyone else has there own

BoxNOne

I also think Middlebrooks is a very good coach.

Lions84

It is simple CR shot 60+% and the Lions shot about 32% for the game.

NEA Razorback olfan

Very special group!!
Congrats!!
Back to Back State Champs !!

THA TRUTH

He might be a good coach but having good players will make any coach look good but as far as talent and what was accomplished if give the nod to Taylor from bic

brown2010

brock

He is good, the team is good, they are state champs X2, that about sums it up. 

Batman44

BoxNOne

Brock, who is likely to fill the two starter spots next year.

Timberwolf08

Not Brock, but my guess would be they'll be between Keagan Harrison, #3 who started while Austin was hurt, Taylor Ford and Tanner Vinson, two freshmen moving up.

MomaLion

Congrats to CR.  To be the best you have to play the best and that's what we did.  It's pretty simple, they were ready and we were not.  I'm sure nerves played a role in our game as I expected it would.  Considering where we started, i'm extremely proud of my Lions.  We as a community congratulate both teams and look forward to next year  :)

jbtiger73

But they are moving to 3A next season tho. they may still be good, but the tourney is gonna bring on more challenges with teams like ESC and Charleston bringing alot of talent back. are they replacing Earle or something?

Lions84

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 17, 2014, 08:33:12 am
But they are moving to 3A next season tho. they may still be good, but the tourney is gonna bring on more challenges with teams like ESC and Charleston bringing alot of talent back. are they replacing Earle or something?

Yes Earle is moving back down.

thabeast428

CR has a good coach any coach that will go out of his way to print up a game plan/scouting report for each player like the one he did for the Brinkley game I seen makes me have plenty of respect for him. I'm from Jc and I wish our coach would take some pointers.

bdog32

He does that for everygame. He makes his players keep them in a binder

brock

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 16, 2014, 08:30:05 pm
Brock, who is likely to fill the two starter spots next year.

I have no idea, I don't follow them regurarly and you never know the rate at which certain players develop.

thabeast428

Well I had found one of the Brinkley game and read it and it seemed like a real good idea

ZoneBuster

Is the Reaves kid getting any college looks? Haven't seen him play but heard great things about him!

Timberwolf08

He has some teams looking at him. Hasn't decided what he's going to do yet.

Batman44

UCA has a new coach, a good one, and he's cleaning out all his players he inherited. Send him this way.

Lions84

Best thing about CR is they are going to 3A next year and we got all our boys coming back.

thabeast428

What makes that so good? To be the best u gotta beat the best. Just like us (JC) next yr we won 27 games and lost 2 but didn't make it to the finals so next yr We need to play some of the best if we're gonna do anything in the postseason. But that's part of the coaches job. So we will just wait and see. I did know alot of folks in jc wish he would leave or at least let a guy that was a real good ball player yrs back help coach. I honestly think he could make a difference.

Timberwolf08

Wow, Lions84...that's a real competitors attitude. "Thank God the team that ran us into the ground in the state finals won't be around next year so maybe we can beat lesser competition." Having the exact opposite attitude is why CR boys have two rings. They got whipped by Jonesboro and the team and town was immediately chomping at the bit to play them again. That's how I describe CR...a team of amazing young men who want to actually be the best, not tuck tail and pray they get the easy side of a bracket. Was it fun to whip a team and make them like it in the state finals? Yes. Was it more fun to beat a team with multiple D1 athletes and one of the nations top recruits last year? Absolutely. People all over this country know Malik Monk and Jamaar Sturdivant's names and the CR boys beat them twice. I thought Clarendon would have a solid shot at the title next year. But if your team doesn't have more of a killer instinct than your posters on here, they'll never bring home the hardware.

bdubyab60

Got to be willing to play anyone.

LHHC

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on March 18, 2014, 02:07:14 pm
Wow, Lions84...that's a real competitors attitude. "Thank God the team that ran us into the ground in the state finals won't be around next year so maybe we can beat lesser competition." Having the exact opposite attitude is why CR boys have two rings. They got whipped by Jonesboro and the team and town was immediately chomping at the bit to play them again. That's how I describe CR...a team of amazing young men who want to actually be the best, not tuck tail and pray they get the easy side of a bracket. Was it fun to whip a team and make them like it in the state finals? Yes. Was it more fun to beat a team with multiple D1 athletes and one of the nations top recruits last year? Absolutely. People all over this country know Malik Monk and Jamaar Sturdivant's names and the CR boys beat them twice. I thought Clarendon would have a solid shot at the title next year. But if your team doesn't have more of a killer instinct than your posters on here, they'll never bring home the hardware.

I seriously doubt they wanted to play Jonesboro again!

Timberwolf08

They still talk about wanting to play them on a neural site. Playing a better team makes you better and that's what all those boys want to be.

Dragon77

Timberwolf08 made a good point. JHS played in the Whataburger tournament in Texas, against some of the best teams in in that state. Both EPC and CR, have played in the annual tournament in Jonesboro, against teams from much larger classifications, and done well. The mindset of a team and coach, wanting to play the best, and being confident they can perform, is commendable. Playing better competition may be painful on occasion, but the benefits are worth it.                       

doubled

I promise u they would play Jonesboro again today those 5 guys do not back down from anyone.

MomaLion

I think y'all are blowing that post totally out of proportion. I can assure you that our guys want to play the harder teams...that's how you improve. They have never backed down from a challenge. Besides, CR is losing some of their best talent so who knows what they will do next year. Who knows what anyone will do. Maybe they will be better, maybe not. It was actually a compliment to CR..or that's how I took it.
Y'all by no means saw the best of our Lions but CR came to play and deserved the win...best wishes to them next year  :)

Lions84

I would love to play the state title game again  No way Clarendon shoots 32% again.  The Big lights got the best of us and you all have a Solid team that played and shot lights out.  Now if your were following this board you would have seen I was the first one to post a Congratulations to your team.  I am looking toward next year now .

FD4

I was at the Jonesboro vs CR game, stood beside Brown, watched the game close. The guys from Jonesboro are solid, good team.  But I tell ya, that was the worst example of officiating I have ever witnessed in a game, PERIOD! Jonesboro got away with crap that would never fly in the hills. CR was called time and time again for simple touch fouls, while JB got away with slinging elbows and practically tackling the CR guys.  You put the two back on a court and let me pick the refs, and I tell ya, Jonesboro would get their tails handed to em best out of three, no doubt.  It was 8 on 5 on the floor, and CR only dressed 7 players. Hard to win with conditions like that.

Timberwolf08

I have no doubt that Jonesboro is a better team than we are, simply from depth. They can run in athlete after athlete after athlete. But I believe we could play them within 10-12 all day long. Probably winning 3 of 10.

doubled

I agree worst officiating I ever seen.  Jonesboro and the powers that run it was taking no chances in that game. That doesn't mean I think CR could beat Jb on a neutral court but, that's something we will never know. I tell u this that game helped CR because the refs in Hampton were just as one sided only difference was those teams weren't even close to the caliber of JB.

brown2010

no I don't think they couldbeat jb but they would play better than last. they won what they set out to win. never no may have a move in before next year with height and strong inside game. never no but they will be ready for 3a

MomaLion

Quote from: FD4 on March 19, 2014, 11:23:28 am
I was at the Jonesboro vs CR game, stood beside Brown, watched the game close. The guys from Jonesboro are solid, good team.  But I tell ya, that was the worst example of officiating I have ever witnessed in a game, PERIOD! Jonesboro got away with crap that would never fly in the hills. CR was called time and time again for simple touch fouls, while JB got away with slinging elbows and practically tackling the CR guys.  You put the two back on a court and let me pick the refs, and I tell ya, Jonesboro would get their tails handed to em best out of three, no doubt.  It was 8 on 5 on the floor, and CR only dressed 7 players. Hard to win with conditions like that.
Ok, I have to say it...no, i'm not being a poor loser because I agree that CR would have won our game regardless BUT they were not being called for a ton of obvious fouls.  We had 2 players get punched in the face...2...one drew a foul and the other was ignored.  That's what really upset me about that game...not losing but the players getting knocked around and nothing getting called. Now I will also agree that the officiating as a whole was horrible so I certainly don't think it was set up to be an unwinable game but some of those should have had consequences.

Timberwolf08

And a two hand shove in the back while a player is in the air is clean play? I'm not saying the refs were great, but your lions, who's sportsmanship you love to brag on, played a dirty game then refused to shake our boys hands. They didn't get one thing they didn't give. Can't blame a team for bowing up and giving back what they're getting.  It was, however, far and away the only consistently poorly called game in the tourney for CR. The rest was just flat out awful.

http://jaysphotodesign.com/p376268360/h10bb463e#h10bb463e

http://jaysphotodesign.com/p376268360/h10bb463e#h1a9f041d

Lions84

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on March 20, 2014, 11:03:34 am
And a two hand shove in the back while a player is in the air is clean play? I'm not saying the refs were great, but your lions, who's sportsmanship you love to brag on, played a dirty game then refused to shake our boys hands. They didn't get one thing they didn't give. Can't blame a team for bowing up and giving back what they're getting.  It was, however, far and away the only consistently poorly called game in the tourney for CR. The rest was just flat out awful.

Well I checked out your site and did not see any pictures of Clarendon getting the Runner up trophy so I won't be buying any pictures.  I did not bring up the Zebras cause it smacks of sour grapes but CR did get away with a ton.

Timberwolf08

Not my site, the AAA photog's site.

MomaLion

That was at the end of the game after we had taken it all game so they gave a little back...and it drew the foul as it should have. As for them not shaking hands, you are wrong, they did as did the cheerleaders. Coach wouldn't tolerate anything less. Hey it straight before posting that crap!!!

MomaLion

Quote from: Lions84 on March 20, 2014, 11:28:52 am

Well I checked out your site and did not see any pictures of Clarendon getting the Runner up trophy so I won't be buying any pictures.  I did not bring up the Zebras cause it smacks of sour grapes but CR did get away with a ton.
That's exactly why I didn't say anything until I saw someone saying Jonesboro was getting away with being too physical against CR. I was simply pointing out that it goes both ways. And the play they pointed out w the pictures didn't capture the CR player trying bow up at the Clarendon player after. I'm sure there was smack talking going on.

doubled

The refs that called final in hot springs also had called some in Hampton and there was a difference for sure.  In Hampton the southern teams were allowed to get away with more physical play than was allowed in hot springs. I guess those refs had to call it right with 6000 people watching.

Timberwolf08

Quote from: MomaLion on March 20, 2014, 12:43:42 pm

That's exactly why I didn't say anything until I saw someone saying Jonesboro was getting away with being too physical against CR. I was simply pointing out that it goes both ways. And the play they pointed out w the pictures didn't capture the CR player trying bow up at the Clarendon player after. I'm sure there was smack talking going on.

The point of the photos wasn't that CR bowed up. It was that you were talking about CR players throwing punches of all things. I'm sure everyone took some licks in that game, it's a state final. It will be a more physical game. No one was throwing punches, though I'm sure some elbows were popped on both ends. The point of the picture was that what y'all were doing was outside expected play in basketball. An elbow to the jaw? That's pretty standard.

MomaLion

That's just it though, they didn't call it right at all. And not just on one side, it was all together awful lol.

MomaLion

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on March 20, 2014, 01:18:12 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on March 20, 2014, 12:43:42 pm

The point of the photos wasn't that CR bowed up. It was that you were talking about CR players throwing punches of all things. I'm sure everyone took some licks in that game, it's a state final. It will be a more physical game. No one was throwing punches, though I'm sure some elbows were popped on both ends. The point of the picture was that what y'all were doing was outside expected play in basketball. An elbow to the jaw? That's pretty standard.
It takes more than an elbow to put Ro on the floor. That kid was hit. You do make a good point though that it was the championship game and add everyone knows we haven't been there before now so it's quite possible that I misread things. I apologize if that's the case. I do still say though that you can't complain about one team being too rough when you play just as rough...referring to the Jonesboro discussion.

Timberwolf08

I didn't blame the refs in the Jonesboro game. I said JB was obviously a better team but they would not run our boys into the ground again if we played them.  Much in the way I believe CR would still beat Clarendon again, but probably not with the clock running. That being said, the JB game was terribly called. Our inside kid, Easley had his eye cut open with no foul. The older Crabtree's teeth were knocked loose, and Spencer was out for two weeks after an ankle injury on a dirty play. The AD for Jonesboro told a CR fan that a face our PG made seemed to have personally insulted a ref and he chose to take it out on our team. It's no secret, as I'm sure Lions fans saw, that if our PG thinks a call is bad it's all over his face. But the way for a ref to deal with that is a technical and  going back to the game. Feel free to call JHS to confirm. Even with poor calling, should our boys have gotten beat the way they did? No. The boys didn't bow up in that game. They let the big bad Hurricane intimidate them.

MomaLion

I didn't say that you complained about the Jonesboro game, just that it was commented, by sometime else. However if it were that bad I'd be a bit miffed as well. I don't like seeing my babies hurt  :) and it sounds like Jonesboro was out for blood...literally.
I'm not going to say that we would won another matchup but if played to our potential we would most definitely have a good shot at it. I haven't seen them play that poorly in a very long time...certainly not this season. But as I've said, we needed that game to get out get wet for next year. It was an experience that they needed in order to succeed in the future.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas