• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#2 Arizona State vs #1 Arkansas (Vandy series, too)

Started by rsvl_hogfan4, April 07, 2009, 07:24:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: bleudog on April 15, 2009, 10:43:08 am
This couldn't have been to good for morale:

CLICK HERE

That's baseball for you.  Get shutdown one day; bombs away the next.

bleudog

April 15, 2009, 02:16:35 pm #151 Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 05:38:20 pm by bleudog
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 15, 2009, 12:07:32 pm
Quote from: bleudog on April 15, 2009, 11:40:19 am
Quote from: 13minutes on April 15, 2009, 11:16:18 am
No Big Deal... non-conference games shouldn't get us all up tight.

Guess that's what the Arizona State folks were saying too.;)
As long as we take the 2nd game we are fine. Losing a mid-week game isn't that bad. Getting swept by ULM would be bad, though. ULM has a pretty good record and beat MSU earlier this year. Not that MSU is good, but this happens in mid-week games. We lost to Centenary earlier in the year.

We will be in good shape if we win today and take 2 of 3 at UGA.

I just saw that we started 5 freshmen last night, and pitched basically our bull pen with no pitcher throwing more than 3 innings. We shouldn't lose to ULM, but we played a lot of inexperienced players in order to prepare for the series that counts.

I'd agree for the most part with your take on the importance of a non-conference game.  I would take the position that too many "mid-week" losses don't look good when the NCAA decides who gets to host regionals and super regionals.  Wouldn't think the selection committee would look deep enough to see whether an upperclassman was playing or not. 

A few people on the board were praising that same bullpen for work done when AzSU was in town.

Here's a live stat link for today's game:

CLICK HERE

1-1 after two complete.  Hawgs are on their second pitcher.

bleudog

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on April 15, 2009, 12:10:45 pm
Quote from: bleudog on April 15, 2009, 10:43:08 am
This couldn't have been to good for morale:

CLICK HERE

That's baseball for you.  Get shutdown one day; bombs away the next.

Ain't she a beautiful game.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: bleudog on April 15, 2009, 02:16:35 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 15, 2009, 12:07:32 pm
Quote from: bleudog on April 15, 2009, 11:40:19 am
Quote from: 13minutes on April 15, 2009, 11:16:18 am
No Big Deal... non-conference games shouldn't get us all up tight.

Guess that's what the Arizona State folks were saying too.;)
As long as we take the 2nd game we are fine. Losing a mid-week game isn't that bad. Getting swept by ULM would be bad, though. ULM has a pretty good record and beat MSU earlier this year. Not that MSU is good, but this happens in mid-week games. We lost to Centenary earlier in the year.

We will be in good shape if we win today and take 2 of 3 at UGA.

I just saw that we started 5 freshmen last night, and pitched basically our bull pen with no pitcher throwing more than 3 innings. We shouldn't lose to ULM, but we played a lot of inexperienced players in order to prepare for the series that counts.

I'd agree for the most part with your take on the importance of a non-conference game.  I would take the position that too many "mid-week" losses don't look good when the NCAA decides who gets to host regionals and super regionals.  Wouldn't think the selection committee would look deep enough to see whether an upperclassman was playing or not. 

A few of people on the board were praising that same bullpen for work done when AzSU was in town.

Here's a live stat link for today's game:

CLICK HERE

1-1 after two complete.  Hawgs are on their second pitcher.
I am not other people. I was excited for this win, but at the same time I said it will be hard to judge who the better team is in those games with ASU. It is like that with any mid-week game.

bleudog

After 6 and 1/2, NLULM is up 7 to 5 and the Razorbacks are on their 5th pitcher.

bleudog

April 15, 2009, 05:50:57 pm #155 Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 05:53:58 pm by bleudog
Hogs have runners on 3rd and 2nd with one out in the botttom of the seventh.  The Indian/Warhawks are on their 4th pitcher.

bleudog

and a three run homer gives Arkansas an 8-7 lead at the end of 7.

urban legend

RD™

bleudog

Hogs win 10-9 in the bottom of the tenth to salvage a split with NLULM.

fastdrop

Baesball is just like basketball.....wake me up when the College World Series Starts.

13minutes

Quote from: bleudog on April 15, 2009, 06:55:43 pm
Hogs win 10-9 in the bottom of the tenth to salvage a split with NLULM.

2-run homer, bottom of the 10th, 2 outs, just what you dream of a kid.

13minutes

Quote from: fastdrop on April 15, 2009, 07:56:55 pm
Baesball is just like basketball.....wake me up when the College World Series Starts.

Have you ever been to a Arkansas Razorback game??

fastdrop

Quote from: 13minutes on April 15, 2009, 08:06:07 pm

NO...and I have not seen any games on TV this year....That is why I said wake me up when we get to the College World Series. I look forward to seeing them.

13minutes

Quote from: fastdrop on April 15, 2009, 08:12:12 pm

NO...and I have not seen any games on TV this year....That is why I said wake me up when we get to the College World Series. I look forward to seeing them.

I am too, but you wouldn't believe the atmosphere of 11,000 people at a mid-week baseball game.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: fastdrop on April 15, 2009, 08:12:12 pm

You can watch them this weekend on FSN against Georgia.

Wahls

rsvl_hogfan4

April 16, 2009, 05:21:48 pm #169 Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 05:28:18 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
For those who continue to dwell on us losing one of two to ULM....

#1 LSU lost to Nichols State 3-1.

At least we lost to a team that is 22-13, and only a couple games out of the lead for their conference. Nichols State is 17-18 and in 8th place in their conference. However, this just shows how anything can happen in a mid-week game. The Hogs didn't start their SEC roster against ULM, and LSU didn't start their top players against Nichols State. That is why these upsets happen. The mid-majors don't necessarily throw their best pitchers, but they play their best players in the field.

Top 10 UNC lost to High Point.

South Carolina lost to the Citadel for the second time this year last night.

It happens...

fastdrop

Yea....there are many, many good college baseball teams.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: fastdrop on April 16, 2009, 07:30:41 pm
Yea....there are many, many good college baseball teams.
If you are trying to jinx Arkansas with your avatar, maybe I am glad because it helped UNC.

Are you going to watch one of the UGA games this weekend since they are all on tv?

fastdrop

I am not trying to jynx the Hogs. I like Hog baseball above all other college baseball teams....Yes I am going to watch the Hogs...thanks for letting me know.

AB™

Yeah, because fastdrop is the reason UNC dominated every one they played in the tournament. ;)

fastdrop

Quote from: AB™ on April 16, 2009, 09:12:11 pm
Yeah, because fastdrop is the reason UNC dominated every one they played in the tournament. ;)
Looked to me like UNC had deeper pockets than U of M this year....

AB™

fastdrop

Quote from: AB™ on April 17, 2009, 01:29:40 pm
I don't even know what you mean by that?
UNC bought better players than the U of M.

AB™

You're retarded.

UNC doesn't have to pay players to come to their scool. Their name and tradition do that for them. And if they did buy better players than Memphis than they bought players who were much better. If Memphis and UNC had played this year Memphos would have been lucky to have stayed within 25 of UNC.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas