• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Live United Bowl

Started by freethrow, November 15, 2018, 10:11:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Maynard G Krebs

Muleriders should take this game.

Grond

Go Muleriders! SAU has the better record, but MWSU did beat one of the MIAA conference champions.

Texarkana_Piggie

i hope the weather is as nice as it was last year.  and i hope the halftime show is as good as it was last year.  can't wait for this game!

Maynard G Krebs

A schedule conflict keeps me from attending this game.  Hate to miss it.  The Buzz has been talking it up today.  Hope attendance is good.  Go Muleriders!

Maynard G Krebs

Texarkana_Piggie

i ended up having to work so i didn't get to go either.  they said there was a huge crowd from magnolia.  don't know how many made the trip down from missouri

Grond

Southern Arkansas 25 - Missouri Western 30

This game was SAU 0 - MWSU 20 at halftime. Missouri Western State University [MWSU] from Joplin, MO, showed up with a good game plan. They used a short passing game on offense, and on defense MWSU did a good job of choosing when & how to blitz the SAU quarterback.

The weather also gave SAU fits. It was a beautiful day, and the crowd turnout was very good. The only problem: 20+ mph winds! By the way, MWSU took advantage of the high winds, and kicked a 58-yard field goal to end the half!

In the second half, SAU made some very good adjustments on offense. Because SAU was down 20 points, they went for 2 on every touchdown, making it on 2 out of 3 tries. But the deficit was too much.

Grond

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on December 01, 2018, 08:28:19 pm
i ended up having to work so i didn't get to go either.  they said there was a huge crowd from magnolia.  don't know how many made the trip down from missouri

I thought the Missouri Western stands were about half full. But it was a good turnout given the distance they had to travel.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Grond on December 03, 2018, 08:06:38 am
I thought the Missouri Western stands were about half full. But it was a good turnout given the distance they had to travel.

It was their first bowl game in history I believe.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas