• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#12 Arkansas vs #7 Auburn

Started by Ex-HAplayer, October 10, 2010, 12:03:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Texarkana_Piggie

it's not just the points. it changes momentum.  it changes attitudes.  bad calls don't just affect the points on the board.

btw....we get that same crew for ole miss or lsu.  se we get the chance for another screwin on our home turf!

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: T-Wacker on October 17, 2010, 01:14:37 pm
Quote from: Smithian on October 16, 2010, 04:02:56 pm
Ok Greenwood, your Messiah is in the game. He better put Mallett to shame or you all need need to go away for good with that Wilson talk. He will NOT start next year.

He did and he will.
I would like to see Wilson start the rest of the year. He looked real good. I thought we were toast without Mallett, but Wilson proved me wrong. Great Job!

cav2012

RD™

powerlifter90

Wilson should start, since Mallet won't be eligible for any bowl the Hogs play in after semester grades are released.

gatecrasher

Smithian

Quote from: BUGEATERS on October 17, 2010, 05:35:27 pm
Wilson should start, since Mallet won't be eligible for any bowl the Hogs play in after semester grades are released.

hhsbobcats

tyler wilson should be good for the next 2 years.  i dont blame him at all.  im a huge tyler wilson fan.

colts52

Im not a mallett fan hes a cocky jerk and a thug

Texarkana_Piggie

mallet is graduating in december. 

powerlifter90

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on October 17, 2010, 08:06:31 pm
mallet is graduating in december. 

that wouldn't mess up his eligibility

gatecrasher

No....he had 3 yrs of eligibility when he enrolled at Arkansas. Whether he graduates early is on him.

colts52

who cares we are at best cotton bowl bound

powerlifter90

Quote from: gatecrasher on October 17, 2010, 08:42:51 pm
No....he had 3 yrs of eligibility when he enrolled at Arkansas. Whether he graduates early is on him.

or graduates at all

Hoghead

October 17, 2010, 10:42:45 pm #264 Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:46:12 pm by Hoghead
Quote from: AB™ on October 16, 2010, 06:03:43 pm
These two announcers sure are in love with Newton. 
Newton is a GROWN MAN. He shredded the Hogs on the ground. He made his throws and lead his team to Victory. Refs blew the goal line fumble call. Hogs fought back and Wilson played his tail off ! But Coach Robinson had no answer for Newton. Hate the Kid for whatever reason you like to be known as a hater for. BUT don't hate his talent, his size and his play today. Cam Newton is a Hoss SEC QB !

Romeo

Interesting... Tyler Wilson is the second most trending topic on twitter right now.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: BUGEATERS on October 17, 2010, 10:32:01 pm
Quote from: gatecrasher on October 17, 2010, 08:42:51 pm

or graduates at all
He was 12 hours away, and BP makes sure all of his players are in class or they don't play.

In case you cannot tell, he is big on discipline. Just ask the senior starters he sent home for missing curfew before the bowl game last year. He also kicked Marques Wade off.

Quote from: colts52 on October 17, 2010, 08:47:07 pm
who cares we are at best cotton bowl bound
You sure are full of negativity. The season is far from over. We still have 3 ranked teams on the schedule, and 1 is a top 10 team. If we happened to win out there would still be a shot at making a BCS bowl. Also, Cotton Bowl isn't our only option. Outback, Chick-fil-a, and Capitol One are all quality bowls that usually feature teams that just missed the BCS or couldn't make a BCS due to their conference already having the allotted number of qualifiers. Arkansas played #5 Wisconsin in the Capitol One bowl a few years ago. It will be a disappointment not making a BCS, but we can still finish the year strong.

You just look like a jacka** giving up on the team only half way through when we have played 2 top 10 teams.

Also, how is Mallett a thug?

Romeo

I think were pretty much out of the BCS picture. Regardless whether we win the rest of our games It'll likely be Alabama and Auburn getting the two SEC BCS spots because I don't see them losing another game until they play in the Iron Bowl. Playing in a new years bowl would still be good though.

zebradynasty

IF LSU can figure out their head from their...I think they have a real good shot at beating Auburn. As a team Auburn is not that great and LSU still plays good defense. I do not think Auburn will beat Alabama their defense is too sorry! As good as Cam is I don't think he will beat Bama by himself. Also even though Cam is built like a 18 wheeler toward the end of the season he'll began to feel it. Auburn could very well lose 3 games!

hhsbobcats

if its between lsu and auburn for the sec west title, go LSU

Ex-HAplayer

Auburn- Alabama game is a rivalry ..things change in rivalry games. We almost beat them last year without a heisman candidate.  Plus you guys held them to twenty and gave up 65-14 I guess. Teams play different against bama.

Valleysports

October 18, 2010, 10:33:56 am #271 Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 10:59:02 am by Valleysports
Mallet's going to the NFL - so he's not going to help the Hogs next year.
He is the starting QB and also needs to sale himself to NFL Scouts.
Wilson showed he can lead the offense, very well, and will be the Hog QB next year.
Should Petrino begin to work next years QB in or let Mallet pad his stats all the way?
I'd like to see Wilson get some playing time, like 2nd half, but Mallet's the QB who's earned that starting position. 

colts52

I went to school with mallett last year and saw him regularly. I'm not going to go into detail but hes not the prototypical southern boy. More of the baggy jeans and flat bill hat fella. I'm not down on the team just disappointed. I have the right to be honestly. Yes we lost to 2 top 10 programs. But choked in the first won and was robbed in the second one

Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote from: Valleysports on October 18, 2010, 10:33:56 am
Mallet's going to the NFL - so he's not going to help the Hogs next year.
He is the starting QB and also needs to sale himself to NFL Scouts.
Wilson showed he can lead the offense, very well, and will be the Hog QB next year.
Should Petrino begin to work next years QB in or let Mallet pad his stats all the way?
I'd like to see Wilson get some playing time, like 2nd half, but Mallet's the QB who's earned that starting position. 

No.  Maybe if we were 3-3 or 2-4 at this point then you would still think about it.  But, we still have a 10 win season possible (which, by the way, is what just about everyone predicted at the start of the year).  Lost in the incredible performance by TW is the fact that Mallett was on his way to having a pretty dang good game himself.

Wahls

Quote from: colts52 on October 18, 2010, 12:44:24 pm
I went to school with mallett last year and saw him regularly. I'm not going to go into detail but hes not the prototypical southern boy. More of the baggy jeans and flat bill hat fella. I'm not down on the team just disappointed. I have the right to be honestly. Yes we lost to 2 top 10 programs. But choked in the first won and was robbed in the second one

So because he wears a flat billed hat, he's a thug?

I wear a flat billed hat occasionally, and I wear baggy pants mostly because it's impossible to find my inseam and waist size and I'm in the honors college here. Am I a thug too?

colts52

I'm not going into detail about it

Billyo62

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on October 18, 2010, 01:44:34 pm

So because he wears a flat billed hat, he's a thug?

I wear a flat billed hat occasionally, and I wear baggy pants mostly because it's impossible to find my inseam and waist size and I'm in the honors college here. Am I a thug too?

Yes   ;)  ;D

Hoghead

Applying the "THUG TAG are we ? LOL. The kid can wear what he likes. Sterotypical Tags of people never cease to amaze me.

colts52

I talked to him and smoking weed Talking  thuggish and walking into my fraternities house, grabbing a girl by the crotch and asking where his beer was at is not being stereotypical. It's common sense

Hoghead

Quote from: colts52 on October 18, 2010, 02:21:24 pm
I talked to him and smoking weed Talking  thuggish and walking into my fraternities house, grabbing a girl by the crotch and asking where his beer was at is not being stereotypical. It's common sense
Man you were so High you didn't know if you were with Ben Rothlinsberger or Matt Jones! LOL!

colts52

No matter how high you are you still know who the 6'8" guy is

hhsbobcats

thats a dang shame to be honest.  tell mallett that is a dang shame.

Wahls

Quote from: colts52 on October 18, 2010, 01:50:16 pm
I'm not going into detail about it

I'm confused.

To be honest I heard a story from a friend of mine that he walked into a party while he was still at Texas High. He opened the front door, and the first thing he said was, "Hello, I'm Ryan f------ Mallett."

I couldn't help but lol.

Smithian

I think we all knew Mallett was a bit different but I am confused where this thread is going...

As a student, I think everyone I know agrees Mallett is not a saint, but he is a big reason why Bobby Petrino has turned it around so fast here. He was cool the Thursday night before Ole Miss.

Wahls

Quote from: Smithian on October 18, 2010, 04:09:41 pm
I think we all knew Mallett was a bit different but I am confused where this thread is going...

I was just sharing a story that I thought was funny. I wasn't knocking his character.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas