• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#11 Arkansas vs. Texas A & M

Started by Ken Griffey Jr., October 08, 2010, 10:21:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

InYoGrill

Quote from: Chosen 1 on October 09, 2010, 05:23:26 pm
Cue Chris Gragg, he's due

They are all beasts on the field. Keep the lumberjacks coming to the Hill.

Chosen 1

An extra compliment to Breeding is also due. He's stepped up his game a lot since last year

Wahls

I almost died laughing. They flashed the Aggie band up and my dad blurts out: "See, they do let  happy folks in the military."

Chosen 1

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on October 09, 2010, 05:33:26 pm
I almost died laughing. They flashed the Aggie band up and my dad blurts out: "See, they do let  happy folks in the military."
Don't ask don't tell!! ha

InYoGrill

Our O looks so out of sync today. I would not be surprised if we give this game away at the end by some weird game changing play. A&M is playing terrible and we are adjusting to their level of play. As long as we win by 1, a win is a win. Bama fixing to lose as well.

Chosen 1

Bama looks shell shocked.

Our D stepped up and helped pick up the O's slack. We just need to hang on and get out of here and get back on track for next week.

Texarkana_Piggie

We are throwing up some major suck age today

InYoGrill

Yes, the D has played a super game. I hate how the O for several games this year has broken down in the 2nd half and put so much pressure on the D to hold on to the small 4th Q leads.

Chosen 1

Anybody catch what Mallett did in there? I missed it, but looked like typical bottom of the pile stuff. You can't call that as a Ref.

AirWarren

Our line just irks me man. And Broderick green has no shiftiness to break tackles. Just runs right into the defender. All in all we have done what we had to do I guess. We have just been so flat.

cotnhauler

Mallet does not indear himself to officals, in seems to me.

AT

Lets just get out of here with a win please...the pollsters may not be impressed, but we can take care of that next week by beating Auburn...

Chosen 1

Quote from: cotnhauler on October 09, 2010, 05:58:45 pm
   Mallet does not indear himself to officals, in seems to me.
Agree.. He's the little whiney nagger that doesn't really help himself out a whole lot

InYoGrill

Breeding and #26 on D for got his name have played outstanding games.

AT

Quote from: InYoGrill on October 09, 2010, 06:11:16 pm

I think you are talking about Ramon Broadway. He has made some great plays today...but I agree that Breeding deserves player of the game.

Chosen 1

Breeding, Nile Davis, and Anthony Leon.

cotnhauler

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 09, 2010, 06:13:37 pm
Quote from: InYoGrill on October 09, 2010, 06:11:16 pm

I think you are talking about Ramon Broadway. He has made some great plays today...but I agree that Breeding deserves player of the game.
[/q that was not a bad penalty on him, saved a td.

InYoGrill

Playing corner is such a tough position. Not much glory but you always get burned time to time and everyone remembers those plays.

InYoGrill

What up airedale? Looks like we win the sloppy bowl today. Heart racer of a game but chalk up the W.

AT

Wow...a win is a win!

Arkansas 24
Aggies 17

Indiana Jones

4-1
ugly game but  the W is what  counts

Texarkana_Piggie

Well that was too close.  Terrible terrible game

Chosen 1

I'll take that W, horrendous day mentally on offense.. but we survived

Indiana Jones

zebradynasty

I would make them WALK back to Fayettville! Jerry should send UA the bill for getting the stench out his stadium!

Indiana Jones

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 09, 2010, 06:23:00 pm
I would make them WALK back to Fayettville! Jerry should send UA the bill for getting the stench out his stadium!
the stench was there before today

remember who the main team to play there is

Romeo

Usually I'm pretty happy with a win but I'm not very excited with this one.

InYoGrill

What's next Auburn down there?? Ouch, we better get that O working some extra next week.  :'(

zebradynasty

Quote from: Romeo on October 09, 2010, 06:26:02 pm

Know what ya mean. Today we looked like a the team did his first year. I thought the open date would be good but... Auburn is licking it's chops right now!

Ex-HAplayer

Auburn needs to beat UK impressively before we worry about a possible top 10 match up next week.

The Infidel

With our offense stinking up the place BP could be baiting Auburn! ;)

AT

My thoughts..

Offense:

Ryan Mallett was average for 2 and a half quarters and below average after that. He was throwing off target and lost his composure a couple of times.

The running game was a positive I thought...Knile Davis seemed to get good yardage every time he touched the ball. Broderick got some tough yards and had a few good long runs.

Our receivers actually had a good game when Mallett got the ball to them. I think D.J. had the only drop that I remember. Everything else was hauled in I believe...

Our offensive line was...bleh. The pass blocking wasn't that good most of the time if you ask me and the run blocking was good at times and bad at times.

Overall it was a bad day for the offense as they stalled on many drives and couldn't put the ball in the end zone the 2nd half.

Defense:

Our run defense got shredded to begin the game but then they adjusted and contained Michael in the 2nd half. Johnson got out of the pocket on a few plays and scrambled for a first down but I expected that. But we can't have Newton killing us next week.

Our pass defense was average, maybe a little above it...I would say good if it wasn't for the two long plays to Fuller. We didn't get as much pressure on Johnson as I thought we would, but we got some.

Overall, I thought the defense played pretty good...in my mind they really only gave up 10 points considering Mallett gave them a gift in the first quarter. Our run defense can't afford to start off like they did tonight against Auburn, though.

Special Teams:

Kickoff return wasn't good at all...Adams was getting hit before the 20 yard line everytime.

Kickoff coverage wasn't very good except for the last one...we don't seem to get downfield very fast at all.

Hocker missed a 49 yarder but that isn't bad for a Freshmen considering that's his first miss. He came back and made a 30ish yarder later that put us ahead by a touchdown.

Punting was GREAT. Breeding has improved so much, its not even funny. I think he deserves player of the game...did he average 50 yards a punt tonight?

Overall special teams was decent.

If we play like this next week, we won't win...so lets hope we get our heads together before next Saturday

InYoGrill

AirWarren

We will try to get jalen Cobb up there to make plays like the rest of our boys!

cotnhauler

A win is a win, but TAM is a mediocre team that played really bad today.  I'm flipping back and forth between the LSU and Auburn games and its really hard to be optimistic. It just don't seem to me that RM is getting better. Of course his O-line isn't either.

powerlifter90

Quote from: cotnhauler on October 09, 2010, 08:09:32 pm
   A win is a win, but TAM is a mediocre team that played really bad today.  I'm flipping back and forth between the LSU and Auburn games and its really hard to be optimistic. It just don't seem to me that RM is getting better. Of course his O-line isn't either.

aTm's QB is horrible..........

fastdrop

Quote from: zebradynasty on October 09, 2010, 06:30:44 pm

Know what ya mean. Today we looked like a the team did his first year. I thought the open date would be good but... Auburn is licking it's chops right now!
Shiloh could of hung with the Hogs today

powerlifter90

Quote from: fastdrop on October 09, 2010, 08:17:03 pm

where the Hogs worse than expected or are they playing some teams now (aTm and Bama) that actually have more talent than their previous opponents and can actually play with them?

fastdrop

Quote from: BUGEATERS on October 09, 2010, 08:22:51 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on October 09, 2010, 08:17:03 pm

where the Hogs worse than expected or are they playing some teams now (aTm and Bama) that actually have more talent than their previous opponents and can actually play with them?

Bugs .... it is Arkansas. The fans have them all world. The next few weeks will tell the tale. aTM was horrible.... maybe the Hogs had a little too much fun celebrating the almost win over bama the last 2 weeks.

Texarkana_Piggie

Wahls

For those of you with a DVR, there was a run by Broderick Green between the 9-7 minute mark in the 4th quarter where there was a hole to the right side of the line as big as a truck and Green ran smooth into the back of Van Stuman. If it was Wingo it's 10 yards minimum, but Green fell to the ground for a 3 or so yard pickup.

Green has the worst vision of a halfback I have EVER seen. 250 pounds, no vision, leg drive, and rarely breaks tackles.

I posted on my facebook the news. I'm walking on to the UofA as a halfback. USC can have Broderick Green back. I think I am equally capable of falling into the nearest pile of players on the ground, not break any tackles, and fumble pitches in the backfield that hit both of my hands. I'm also an inch taller than him, so we will get an extra inch per play. I figure I'll get 20 carries a game.

'Cause we know, when we add up all those inches, that's going to make the ------- difference between winning and losing!

colts52

Come on guys. You have bad games sometimes. Atleast we won got it out of our system. Move on to next week

powerlifter90

Quote from: colts52 on October 10, 2010, 02:30:48 am
Come on guys. You have bad games sometimes. Atleast we won got it out of our system. Move on to next week

I can usually buy that and thought the BAMA game showed the Hogs would be able to compete.  But this happens with aTm who is the 5th or 6th best team in the B12.  Bama gets beat by USCeast, LSU and Aub, although undefeated still don't look that great and both could very easily lose two + games this season.  I said in another thread that I heard an "expert" state that the SEC may be down (by SEC standards) this season and its beginning to look like he was right. 

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on October 10, 2010, 12:13:06 am
For those of you with a DVR, there was a run by Broderick Green between the 9-7 minute mark in the 4th quarter where there was a hole to the right side of the line as big as a truck and Green ran smooth into the back of Van Stuman. If it was Wingo it's 10 yards minimum, but Green fell to the ground for a 3 or so yard pickup.

Green has the worst vision of a halfback I have EVER seen. 250 pounds, no vision, leg drive, and rarely breaks tackles.

I posted on my facebook the news. I'm walking on to the UofA as a halfback. USC can have Broderick Green back. I think I am equally capable of falling into the nearest pile of players on the ground, not break any tackles, and fumble pitches in the backfield that hit both of my hands. I'm also an inch taller than him, so we will get an extra inch per play. I figure I'll get 20 carries a game.

'Cause we know, when we add up all those inches, that's going to make the ------- difference between winning and losing!

now we know why he left usc....someone out there knew what kind of runner he was.

AirWarren

I saw that showband. I had to rewind it to double check. He is the worst break tackle back ever. Yes, his strength is on the goal line but he isn't a true running back. Someone said you have to be born to be a back and I'm believing it. Dennis Johnson is a true back and we are missing him majorly. I'm still behind my theory though. Keep knile in, use wingo for screens, and use green on the goaline. But I'm just a couch coach haha.

Romeo

One play I absolutely can't stand to see Arkansas run is running Broderick Green on a sweep. Its a like an automatic loss of yards.

Wahls

Quote from: AirWarren on October 10, 2010, 07:23:38 pm
I saw that showband. I had to rewind it to double check.

I expect that watching JR high football...

Quote from: Romeo on October 10, 2010, 07:38:23 pm
One play I absolutely can't stand to see Arkansas run is running Broderick Green on a sweep. Its a like an automatic loss of yards.

I know it's horrible. The scheme is great and one personnel change would help everything.

powerlifter90

Quote from: Romeo on October 10, 2010, 07:38:23 pm

NU had a RB back in the Solich years named Dan Alexander, 6' 250, solid muscle, he would PUNISH people and actually looked like he would rather run over someone than around them even in the open.  Between the tackles Dan was a beast, he even outran the B12 100 meter track champ from CU on a 60+ td run one time.  But, run the option or try to get him to run wide and it was an automatic loss almost every time, because he couldn't get his momentum slowed down enough to "plant" and make the corner.  Reminds me of a tougher running Green.

Wahls

Quote from: BUGEATERS on October 10, 2010, 08:51:52 pmBut, run the option or try to get him to run wide and it was an automatic loss almost every time, because he couldn't get his momentum slowed down enough to "plant" and make the corner.  Reminds me of a tougher running Green.

Jerome Bettis in his prime is the only big man I have seen that could run a sweep. Incredible feet.

zebradynasty

Can someone tell me WHY for the second game in row (Really all season) Wingo basically no carries! I don't know what's going on but this has got to be intentional! Wingo is like 6'-2" or 6'-3" 225+ 4.4 -4.5 forty and you treat him like a third down back and only bring him in on passing downs? BP is an offensive genius but that's dumb as L!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas