• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#11 AP Poll

Started by Indiana Jones, October 03, 2010, 01:44:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wahls

Quote from: redwolf143 on October 07, 2010, 08:33:31 am
Quote from: BUGEATERS on October 07, 2010, 07:06:14 am
Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on October 06, 2010, 09:31:26 pm
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on October 06, 2010, 05:19:28 pm
Quote from: SingleWingGuru on October 06, 2010, 05:13:06 pm
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on October 06, 2010, 05:10:37 pm
Fastdrop is dead on with the NCAA baseball being the best at determining a true national champion in a sport. I would love to see MLB exactly copy it. It would be fun to watch.

It is great.  I just wished football could be played at the same frequency as basketball/baseball so it could happen that way.
Football is in a Catch 22. Shorten the season to allow for a playoff or keep it as is. December finals simply won't allow for a month of football. The MOST we can ever reasonably expect them to do is a four team plus one game scenario. I want eight teams, but just don't see that it is possible to have teams playing 16+ games in a year. 15 will already be too many IMO.

Then why don't they move it into January? You're adding 5 weekends of football, which would start during the bowl season, continue, then have a two break for finals, then do the championship.

Edit: Or you could do two weekends in December, take a two week break, round of 8, final four, then championship in January. It wouldn't be lengthening it that much.

1st week of Dec, ccg

two week break for finals
then start a 16 team (BCS rankings) playoff with the top ranked team at home
ncg played in one of the sites used now

EVERYONE else plays in the bowls just like they are now

Why does that seem so simple?

Because for whatever reason, ESPN has started some sort of disinformation campaign saying that a playoff wouldn't work because of finals, instead of doing the logical thing, which is playing around them.

Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on October 07, 2010, 12:27:56 pm
Quote from: redwolf143 on October 07, 2010, 08:33:31 am
Quote from: BUGEATERS on October 07, 2010, 07:06:14 am
Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on October 06, 2010, 09:31:26 pm
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on October 06, 2010, 05:19:28 pm
Quote from: SingleWingGuru on October 06, 2010, 05:13:06 pm
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on October 06, 2010, 05:10:37 pm
Fastdrop is dead on with the NCAA baseball being the best at determining a true national champion in a sport. I would love to see MLB exactly copy it. It would be fun to watch.

It is great.  I just wished football could be played at the same frequency as basketball/baseball so it could happen that way.
Football is in a Catch 22. Shorten the season to allow for a playoff or keep it as is. December finals simply won't allow for a month of football. The MOST we can ever reasonably expect them to do is a four team plus one game scenario. I want eight teams, but just don't see that it is possible to have teams playing 16+ games in a year. 15 will already be too many IMO.

Then why don't they move it into January? You're adding 5 weekends of football, which would start during the bowl season, continue, then have a two break for finals, then do the championship.

Edit: Or you could do two weekends in December, take a two week break, round of 8, final four, then championship in January. It wouldn't be lengthening it that much.

1st week of Dec, ccg

two week break for finals
then start a 16 team (BCS rankings) playoff with the top ranked team at home
ncg played in one of the sites used now

EVERYONE else plays in the bowls just like they are now

Why does that seem so simple?

Because for whatever reason, ESPN has started some sort of disinformation campaign saying that a playoff wouldn't work because of finals, instead of doing the logical thing, which is playing around them.
Or just shortening the regular season and finishing the playoffs right about when finals start.  I can see why they don't want to do that, too because it obviously doesn't work in 1-AA and D2.

Wampus_Cat

A champion in a league of 116 (or whatever) with a necessary limit of games due to the physicality of the game is absolutely impossible to declare even though we try.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: Women Without Whiskey 7/6 on October 07, 2010, 09:26:22 pm
A champion in a league of 116 (or whatever) with a necessary limit of games due to the physicality of the game is absolutely impossible to declare even though we try.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas