• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#1 Kansas falls to #16 Tennessee

Started by bleudog, January 10, 2010, 05:52:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

sevenof400

Lovely!  I guess Pearl can coach even when he is down players.... Pel, are you taking lessons?

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 10, 2010, 05:54:00 pm
Lovely!  I guess Pearl can coach even when he is down players.... Pel, are you taking lessons?
Not even a comparison. UT has been a top 10 team in recent years and has a roster loaded of 4 and 5 star players. Arkansas has a few 4 star players that have been suspended or injured, and a big drop after them for the most part.

ASU Rugby

To be fair both coaches are playing with mostly the players they recruited, and Bruce Pearl entered a worse situation than Pelphrey did.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: ASU Rugby on January 10, 2010, 06:32:16 pm
To be fair both coaches are playing with mostly the players they recruited, and Bruce Pearl entered a worse situation than Pelphrey did.
You are right, but Pearl has been at UT for 2 more years than Pel has been here. I am not saying he will get it done here, but he will have just as much talent, if not more in his 5th year as Pearl does in his 5th year. Pel will have a top 15 to top 10 team in 2011. He just has to survive long enough to make it to that year. Once there, what he does with that talent will decide his job.

It is all irrelevant, though because this thread is about KU vs UT.

stattracker

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on January 10, 2010, 06:40:39 pm
You are right, but Pearl has been at UT for 2 more years than Pel has been here. I am not saying he will get it done here, but he will have just as much talent, if not more in his 5th year as Pearl does in his 5th year. Pel will have a top 15 to top 10 team in 2011. He just has to survive long enough to make it to that year. Once there, what he does with that talent will decide his job.

It is all irrelevant, though because this thread is about KU vs UT.

No, don't you know that everything reverts back to CJP?

rsvl_hogfan4

I am not sure Pearl entered a worse situation, either. Yes, they failed to make the NCAAT the year he came in. However, he had a balanced class coming in with a loaded roster. Chris Lofton, Major Wingate, CJ Watson, and JuJuan Smith were already on the team coming in, and Smith, Wingate, and Lofton were all sophomores his first season coaching them. He had a young team, and plenty to build on. Pel came in with 6 or 7 seniors he had for one year, and then Beverley left, too.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas