• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Offseason Max Numbers

Started by farve4life, March 04, 2015, 01:51:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

farve4life

I know this is always leads to a lot of lies, but also entertaining.  Hopefully we get some truthful maxes and see them at the state weight meet at Alma April 25th.  What are some top maxes at your school and pound for pound strongest for bench, squat, powerclean, and deadlift?

Marblehog

Would like to see some of these also but kids lie so much on their maxes

Grond

March 14, 2015, 10:23:38 pm #2 Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 10:33:29 pm by Grond
For the college hopeful, let me relate a "strength experience"...... :-\

My son (Player A) was an offensive lineman, with a 325 lb bench, 400 lb squat, and a 5.6 forty. At two summer football camps at D2 colleges, he benched 225 lb 16 times, which was the highest number of reps at those camps. The high school has a history of losing football seasons, thus he was not All-State.

Another young man (Player B) had a 300 lb bench, with a 500 lb squat, and a 5.4 forty. He is from a winning program, and thus made All-State.

[The higher your team finishes in conference, the more players you can list to the All-State team.]

Player A got no scholarship offers, although he has been asked to walk-on at a D2 college.

Player B got at least two full scholarship offers from D2 schools.

LESSON: Even for offensive linemen, it is about SPEED.  :o

Added note: Both linemen are 6'-2", 260 lb.

Marblehog

I will take a guy who squats 100 pounds more and runs faster any day over a good bencher.  Bench press overrated bigtime.  That's of course if you are going on numbers alone.  Can't measure heart.  Football sense and aggressiveness big factors also

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas