• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maumelle Football Coach

Started by Loyalfan1, January 09, 2015, 09:26:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnBarleycorn

TomTupa

I thought the OC from Maumelle applied!? Oh well good luck Coach Farr

JohnBarleycorn

Evans would have been a solid hire. He's done a great job there already.

Loyalfan1

When will new guy start?  Soon I hope.

OGHSSupporter

Another mistake by PCSSD, Evans would have been the best hire.

UncleRico

Give the guy a shot before you start calling it a mistake. Your support for one coach shouldn't throw dirt at another.

Chief_Osceola™

I like Coach Evans as well, and I hate that he didn't get the opportunity. I think he's a good coach and that he did a good job with the offense he ran. I wish him the best and much success wherever he goes. At the same time, I've heard good things about Coach Farr, and my hope is that he can continue to build on the strong foundation the last 2 senior groups have built.

gameoflife

Who can give some background on the new coach. 

UncleRico

gameoflife

Where did the ex coach go again?

gameoflife

Tne new coach had a good first year at Heber, especially since he only has 5-6 years total coaching.

Lionheart88

gameoflife

Didn't he do a pretty good job at Maumelle?  Why didn't they select someone off the staff under that guy?  Never understand why schools always think they need to go outside instead of promoting someone who helped build their program?   

UncleRico

Any word when Coach Farr will be or if he is already in Maumelle? Since he has a Defensive background do you think he'll let Evans keep the current offense in place? It's almost time for spring ball, most schools are already practicing.

GotInfo?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Lionheart88 on February 17, 2015, 03:29:28 pm
Quote from: gameoflife on February 17, 2015, 03:15:17 pm
Where did the ex coach go again?
Retired I think.

Yep, Coach Buchan is retiring.

Quote from: gameoflife on February 17, 2015, 04:31:25 pm
Didn't he do a pretty good job at Maumelle?  Why didn't they select someone off the staff under that guy?  Never understand why schools always think they need to go outside instead of promoting someone who helped build their program?   

I have no idea.  It's the PCSSD, and trying to understand their thought process is about like trying to understand a woman.  Coach Evans would have been a great hire, and now unfortunately we're gonna lose him, so we'll have to find an offensive coordinator.  I wouldn't mind the 9th grade head coach taking that spot, but I also don't want to lose him as the 9th grade coach.  Anyway, I'm excited to see what Coach Farr can do.  I've heard a lot of good things, so I'm hopeful that he'll continue the success of the last 2 years.

UncleRico

Opinion or fact that Evans will leave? Unless he's going for another head job, why would he? The talent is still there, every OC wants athletes!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: UncleRico on February 18, 2015, 11:21:58 am
Opinion or fact that Evans will leave? Unless he's going for another head job, why would he? The talent is still there, every OC wants athletes!

I don't know if anything has been confirmed.  I hope he stays, but I don't think he will.

gameoflife

Seems sort of normal that a guy on staff that applied for the job and didnt get it would be looking to leave.  Either because he didnt get the job or because he wants to be a head coach.

UncleRico

Not necessarily, it was an opportunity for advancement and he didn't get it. That doesn't mean he's unhappy with his present situation. I don't know him or anybody else on the staff for that matter. I'm sure every time any head job opens theres at least one assistant to apply. And asst. in PCSSD and LRSD normally stick around thru coaching changes.

Chief_Osceola™

I have it on pretty good authority that he won't be at Maumelle next season.

UncleRico

Even if its not for a different HC Job? If Farr calls his own offense I wouldn't blame him for leaving another OC job. 

Loyalfan1

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Loyalfan1 on April 24, 2015, 10:06:54 am
How is Hornet fb looking?

Funny you mention that - there was a sort of meet & greet last night with Coach Farr.  I came away impressed.  He takes an old-school approach toward personal responsibility, accountability, and hard work.  He is also big on getting the community more involved and behind the program.  I liked what he had to say.  Since he has a defensive background, I don't know what's going to happen on the offensive side of the ball, other than it will be tweaked to fit the personnel.  Next season we'll probably see some different looks - the base will still likely be the spread, but there will likely be some different multiple looks, possibly even going under center with an ace back or 2 backs.  I'm pretty excited to see the spring game and get a look at what we have returning.  We are losing a tremendous group of seniors, but I think the guys we have coming back + the new additions will be fun to watch.

gameoflife

Is Maumelle an independent school system of part of another?  Seems it has really taken off.

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: UncleRico on February 22, 2015, 06:23:41 pm
Even if its not for a different HC Job? If Farr calls his own offense I wouldn't blame him for leaving another OC job. 
Evans has been hired at Nashville( defensive line coach)

gameoflife

Quote from: HORNET-MAN on April 25, 2015, 08:00:41 am
Quote from: UncleRico on February 22, 2015, 06:23:41 pm
Evans has been hired at Nashville( defensive line coach)
Seems you are not high on Farr?

Lionheart88

Quote from: gameoflife on April 25, 2015, 07:27:03 am
Is Maumelle an independent school system of part of another?  Seems it has really taken off.
They're part of PCSSD, though with the Jax/NP separation, I've heard there are rumblings to the same effect in Maumelle.

GuvHog

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 25, 2015, 10:22:37 am
Quote from: gameoflife on April 25, 2015, 07:27:03 am
They're part of PCSSD, though with the Jax/NP separation, I've heard there are rumblings to the same effect in Maumelle.

IMHO it's only a matter of time until the PCSSD collapses altogether.

4real

Sherwood wants to break off from pcssd and Maumelle wants to do the same.  Eventually, it will probably happen.  Problem is what to do with Mills and Robinson?  I would assume they could get absorbed by LRSD.  Not sure they'd want that tho.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 4real on April 25, 2015, 01:34:34 pm
Sherwood wants to break off from pcssd and Maumelle wants to do the same.  Eventually, it will probably happen.  Problem is what to do with Mills and Robinson?  I would assume they could get absorbed by LRSD.  Not sure they'd want that tho.

I'm an outsider to this, but do Robinson and Mills have set feeder schools? If so maybe they choose to go independent as well....

AirWarren

Yes. Robinson does have some feeder schools. Baker elementary off Chenal, Robinson elementary, and Chenal elementary on Chenal. I'm a proud dad of a Baker Bronco. Wonderful elementary school! My daughter has really excelled there and we LOVE IT!. Problem is, a lot of kids finish school there and go to private schools but others filter into Robinson.

I hear Robinson is a hidden gem of a public school in Lr in a great area off Cantrell in WLR. Will my daughter go there, she probably won't. Looking at LR Christian possibly. But I have heard great things about PR. I don't know much about mills. Pulaski Robinson should split from PCSSD. They don't need them since they have feeder schools but it's all about money.

We recently sold our house in Benton and we are moving to Maumelle. So I'll follow the Robinson senators and Maumelle Hornets along with my lumberjacks. Very excited about getting out of Benton and moving to Maumelle. Very impressed with that little city. Maumelle should most certainly be able to get away from the PCSSD. It's a growing and beautiful school. All about money though!

gameoflife

Quote from: AirWarren on April 25, 2015, 10:42:35 pm
Yes. Robinson does have some feeder schools. Baker elementary off Chenal, Robinson elementary, and Chenal elementary on Chenal. I'm a proud dad of a Baker Bronco. Wonderful elementary school! My daughter has really excelled there and we LOVE IT!. Problem is, a lot of kids finish school there and go to private schools but others filter into Robinson.

I hear Robinson is a hidden gem of a public school in Lr in a great area off Cantrell in WLR. Will my daughter go there, she probably won't. Looking at LR Christian possibly. But I have heard great things about PR. I don't know much about mills. Pulaski Robinson should split from PCSSD. They don't need them since they have feeder schools but it's all about money.

We recently sold our house in Benton and we are moving to Maumelle. So I'll follow the Robinson senators and Maumelle Hornets along with my lumberjacks. Very excited about getting out of Benton and moving to Maumelle. Very impressed with that little city. Maumelle should most certainly be able to get away from the PCSSD. It's a growing and beautiful school. All about money though!

Just curious? You have kids moving up to high school soon, you sound like you are down on the Benton school, they had a great football year and look to continue in that direction.  Why so glad to leave?

AirWarren

I don't like the town of Benton or its inhabitants for the most part. Plus I'm not determining where my child goes to school on athletics. If I did, we would be in Warren.

Chief_Osceola™

Welcome to Maumelle!

AirWarren

Thanks. We will be there in May. Can't wait!

HeberFan

Quote from: OGHSSupporter on February 11, 2015, 08:33:46 pm

You will soon apologize for this quote, once you see how Coach Farr builds young men and football teams.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: HeberFan on July 14, 2015, 05:22:13 pm
Quote from: OGHSSupporter on February 11, 2015, 08:33:46 pm

You will soon apologize for this quote, once you see how Coach Farr builds young men and football teams.

I can't speak for OGHS, but I've been very pleased so far.  He also has a good set of assistants.

Titan Spirit

How is Thrash working out as the OC...

Wonderdog

Quote from: Titan Spirit on July 20, 2015, 10:52:48 am
Thought he was at PA now? Golf/football or something like that.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on April 26, 2015, 09:23:33 am
I don't like the town of Benton or its inhabitants for the most part. Plus I'm not determining where my child goes to school on athletics. If I did, we would be in Warren.
not for girls. you'd be at star city.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on July 20, 2015, 12:10:46 pm

Adam is the new OC at Maumelle. You may be thinking of Thomas. He was the head coach at Clarendon until recently. He may be at PA now but I don't know for sure.

Wonderdog

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on July 20, 2015, 02:56:28 pm

Adam is the new OC at Maumelle. You may be thinking of Thomas. He was the head coach at Clarendon until recently. He may be at PA now but I don't know for sure.
Yes, I was thinking of the other Thrash. My mistake.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on July 20, 2015, 04:24:03 pm
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on July 20, 2015, 02:56:28 pm

Yes, I was thinking of the other Thrash. My mistake.

Haha I thought the same thing when my son told me the new OC was Coach Thrash.

pantherblue

Welcome to Central Arkansas!   I was a Baker Bronco back in 1973-75..   Loved that little school...  Wonder if they ever dug up our time capsule?   LOL!!!

AirWarren

Panther. I've been in central AR for a while now. Just not the town I want to be in(Benton).

Baker is a GREAT! Love that school and my daughter loves it too. She is excited about going back which is strange to hear most of the time with kids. Don't know about the time capsule, but baker is a gem hidden in the little rock school crap that goes on. Don't know where we will go from baker into middle/high school though.

pantherblue

Quote from: AirWarren on July 21, 2015, 08:07:03 pm
Panther. I've been in central AR for a while now. Just not the town I want to be in(Benton).

Baker is a GREAT! Love that school and my daughter loves it too. She is excited about going back which is strange to hear most of the time with kids. Don't know about the time capsule, but baker is a gem hidden in the little rock school crap that goes on. Don't know where we will go from baker into middle/high school though.

Just don't run any redlights or stopsigns in case I'm riding my motorcycle around Maumelle     ;)

AirWarren

You don't have to worry about me. The truck sounds mean but I'm cautious ha.

HeberFan

How has Maumelle looked this summer ?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: HeberFan on July 26, 2015, 02:29:15 pm
How has Maumelle looked this summer ?

I haven't been able to get much of a look at the high school team yet, but the 9th grade class has looked very good.

The high school team should do well, but I would expect some dropoff from last year just because we lost a really good senior class.  That said, Coach Farr has a lot of talent to work with, and we should be in the mix for the conference title again.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas