• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chris Hill

Started by phdefense, December 13, 2014, 02:55:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phdefense

Does Hill to the Ville have any legs?

Pantherdaddy

Pantherdaddy

Also heard rumor of possible position at Harding University

Tigerdad2

Put this on the 6A board also, where has coached during his career, seems like he's switching schools every year. I don't blame him for wanting to leave Wynne, idk many people who would enjoy living there

hawgrule

in the past 11-12 years

Horatio
Morrilton
VanBuren
Ashdown
Bossier-PW
Wynne

Loyalfan1

Chris may move around a little but the dude can flat out Coach football.  I promise you when he does decide to leave Wynne he will be leaving it in better shape than he found it. 

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on December 14, 2014, 08:22:41 pm
Put this on the 6A board also, where has coached during his career, seems like he's switching schools every year. I don't blame him for wanting to leave Wynne, idk many people who would enjoy living there

I see the Hill threads are still a magnet for windowlickers.

PercussionMan

Quote from: Pantherdaddy on December 14, 2014, 06:53:35 pm

OC position that was rumored has been filled. 

Tigerdad2

Quote from: hawgrule on December 15, 2014, 09:16:54 am
in the past 11-12 years

Horatio
Morrilton
VanBuren
Ashdown
Bossier-PW
Wynne

Thanks! I noticed he averages  2 years  per school

FD4

Just finished his 4th season at Wynne.  Has never lost to anything but a playoff opponent, or eventual state finalist or state champion. 

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: PercussionMan on December 15, 2014, 10:14:41 am
Quote from: Pantherdaddy on December 14, 2014, 06:53:35 pm

OC position that was rumored has been filled.

He was talking with the Harding coaches but not for a job. It was in regard to learning some of there tripple option offense. He is interested in adding a new rinkle to his playbook.

JacketDad

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on December 14, 2014, 08:22:41 pm
You, my friend, obviously know nothing about Wynne.

Tigerdad2

I typed in top 10 places in Arkansas, Wynne was not on there. I've been there once and that's enough

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on December 15, 2014, 05:51:15 pm
I typed in top 10 places in Arkansas, Wynne was not on there. I've been there once and that's enough

Beats the heck out of Prairie Grove.

Valleysports

I can't believe there are 10 places, in Arkansas, considered top! 

slowntheMUD

Now, Valley. Play nice.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on December 15, 2014, 10:32:40 pm

I can't believe there are 10 places, in Arkansas, considered top! 

Does Texarkana Technically count as being wholly Arkansas?

Valleysports

OH yes - Texarkana, AR, is definitely a town next to another.  It's a classic macro-micro economic study of a right / wrong way to run a city.  Walking the state line, between sober & drunk, should be a requirement of every city council in Arkansas. 

Uncle Ivan

TrackGrad

Hill to Nashville, and a possible return to the 7-4A?

The Ref

Hill was head coach at Newport for 48 hours before resigning ,spring 2005 I believe

footballfan-tastic

Guy may be a fine coach but moving around that often may make some school boards shy away for fear he will not stay.

Valleysports

Maybe coaches should be on a rotating schedule - like Methodist Preachers?  Now days they can be like Politicians - once in, you can't pry them out.  Pay and Benefits for life - - how about every 4 yrs?  At least have a vote every 4 yrs - some kind of accountability.  LOL   If Chris Hill is a good coach, moves around often, teaching young assistants, and players, the game of football - good for Arkansas.   

footballfan-tastic

One way to  look at it but it doesn't develop the program nor offer stability.  It also doesn't back up the idea that most coaches teach with is, commitment.  Schools can get rid of a coach they are not happy with.  Reassign them.  Yeah, they may stay on staff for a while for the salary but most coaches want to coach so they will not stay long.

Valleysports

January 04, 2015, 06:22:09 pm #25 Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:31:38 pm by Valleysports
Stability?  Commitment?  Say what?  ;D  Oh you must be from the West Side of the state?  Yes I agree - that's something that needs to be taught over there.

footballfan-tastic

LOL!  Really, does seem to be a lot of either around does there.   I wonder why that is? 

Valleysports

January 04, 2015, 06:35:25 pm #27 Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:39:11 pm by Valleysports
ha ha just trying to lure a young coach out, while waiting for Romo to work his throws out. 

And a DE to stop thinking he's a running back, when he found a fumble.  Both hands on the ball, 3 points of contact, just fall down - huggggg!   >:(

footballfan-tastic

They all want to score.  LOL!  Just do your job.
geez!!!

Loyalfan1

I know CH has a long track record of hopping around.  I'm sure it could make schools leery.  However the guys wins wherever he goes.  And wins the right way. 

footballfan-tastic

Winning versus staying.  There you go.  Depends if a school wants to be a springboard or have stability and a tenured coach.

olemissjacket99

Quote from: Loyalfan1 on January 05, 2015, 09:39:16 am
I know CH has a long track record of hopping around.  I'm sure it could make schools leery.  However the guys wins wherever he goes.  And wins the right way. 
the right way??   

Loyalfan1

Chris runs a good ship.  Discipline.  Kids play hard. etc...

MDXPHD

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on January 06, 2015, 06:54:23 pm
Winning versus staying.  There you go.  Depends if a school wants to be a springboard or have stability and a tenured coach.

It would be terrible to get both winning and a coach that would stay.

footballfan-tastic

yeah, seems many do not stay long. How long will Dawson stay at Russellville for instance.

Valleysports

This is it - just because of timing, age, and salary.  He & his wife wanted to retire up here.

footballfan-tastic

How old is the guy?  I know he spent a couple years at Tech.  Liked it that much in Rville to come back to retire? 

Valleysports

Probably about 47 - take a guess where is wife is from...

footballfan-tastic

Valleysports

That would be correct - been telling people this was a plan come together.

footballfan-tastic

So will the next move be a little farther northwest? 

footballfan-tastic

What does the asst. coaching staff situation look like at Russellville?

Valleysports

Are you thinking he won't like living here with in-laws?
Hey you're knocking my bait off on the Mustain thread - let the bigger fish bite.  LOL

Valleysports

Been a lot of turnover, in the past few years, but he'll need to get his own people.  Some of it will work itself out.  OL Coach makes $80K.

Beardad

If he's making 80k, he has a masters +30, 28 years exp, and drives 2 bus routes

Valleysports

I don't think he drives two school buses - I'll check.

Beardad

That would be some thing like a bus route in the morning and one in the evening....real common....you should study up on it. 

Valleysports

January 13, 2015, 09:39:34 am #47 Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 09:44:57 am by Valleysports
For what reason?  You think I should start driving a bus?  My dad drove a school bus, when I was a kid - one in the morning and another in the afternoon.  Checked on the Assistant Coach - doesn't drive a bus at all.  You're from Southern Arkansas?

Beardad

Jonesboro originally, but I escaped on my first opportunity

The_Pioneer

Maybe he's just tired of getting his whuppins from King....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas