• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Analysis of your team's prospects for next year

Started by PA Dad, December 07, 2014, 08:25:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

December 11, 2014, 04:57:42 pm #100 Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:01:52 pm by MDXPHD
Quote from: Hoophawg on December 11, 2014, 04:31:41 pm
Quote from: MDXPHD on December 11, 2014, 04:05:17 pm
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 11, 2014, 10:54:26 am
Quote from: PA Dad on December 11, 2014, 09:39:50 am
Quote from: Intelligentsia on December 11, 2014, 09:24:31 am
Something to see schools with multiple D1 players in one year and a steady stream of players at that level every year!  This information makes Pioneer Coach Dave King and staff look even more impressive.  I can only recall that the Pioneers have had two D1 players TOTAL the past 15 years, and one of those was a walk-on who earned a special teams spot after 3 years on the "scout" team.  I'm not sure that we have had even had a half dozen more who played past high school at a small college.  3 D1 players on the same roster, unimaginable !!

Good point.  The fact that King (and others) have been successful without many D-1 athletes says much about his coaching ability.

I wonder how many schools (even 7A) have sent as many players to D-1 as PA in the last 10 years?

The only schools I know of in recent memory were a couple of the Jenks, OK teams and Miami Northwestern.  Bishop Gorman out west may have had that many once or twice.

Springdale in 05' with Malzahn was the best team in the last 15 years.  They are probably only rivaled by some of the PB teams in the history of the state.  They had 5-6 D-1 players and didn't come close to being challenged.
no.  They had a couple d1 players.  The rest were overrated bigtime

Your ignorance is showing..just a heads up. You're still bitter that they left the razorbacks huh? It's okay, you can get over it.

Chief_Osceola™

Something to see schools with multiple D1 players in one year and a steady stream of players at that level every year!  This information makes Pioneer Coach Dave King and staff look even more impressive.  I can only recall that the Pioneers have had two D1 players TOTAL the past 15 years, and one of those was a walk-on who earned a special teams spot after 3 years on the "scout" team.  I'm not sure that we have had even had a half dozen more who played past high school at a small college.  3 D1 players on the same roster, unimaginable !!

Good point.  The fact that King (and others) have been successful without many D-1 athletes says much about his coaching ability.

I wonder how many schools (even 7A) have sent as many players to D-1 as PA in the last 10 years?

The only schools I know of in recent memory were a couple of the Jenks, OK teams and Miami Northwestern.  Bishop Gorman out west may have had that many once or twice.

Springdale in 05' with Malzahn was the best team in the last 15 years.  They are probably only rivaled by some of the PB teams in the history of the state.  They had 5-6 D-1 players and didn't come close to being challenged.

The Jenks team I mentioned had all 11 starters sign LOI's, and I think 9 were D1.  It was the class Rocky Calmus was in.  The Miami Northwestern team had 10 D1 players if I remember correctly.  I think most if not all ended up at Da U.  It was the class Jacory Harris was in.  I know Lincoln High in Tallahassee has also had some classes that have had a lot of D1 kids, and I'm sure there have been others out of Dade County that have had a lot.

Lionheart88

"All 11 starters"?  Did they all play both ways?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 11, 2014, 05:02:26 pm

The Jenks team I mentioned had all 11 starters sign LOI's, and I think 9 were D1.  It was the class Rocky Calmus was in.  The Miami Northwestern team had 10 D1 players if I remember correctly.  I think most if not all ended up at Da U.  It was the class Jacory Harris was in.  I know Lincoln High in Tallahassee has also had some classes that have had a lot of D1 kids, and I'm sure there have been others out of Dade County that have had a lot.

I should have specified I was only referring to Arkansas teams, which usually aren't close to the top national teams.  That's ridiculous about those teams.  Jenks having that mean is incredible.

Chief_Osceola™

December 11, 2014, 05:30:04 pm #104 Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:32:55 pm by Chief_Osceola™
Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 11, 2014, 05:09:48 pm

No, maybe a couple of them.  I meant to say 'on defense' but accidentally left it out because I got distracted by work.  They were the top team in the country that year I believe.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 11, 2014, 05:11:34 pm
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 11, 2014, 05:02:26 pm

I should have specified I was only referring to Arkansas teams, which usually aren't close to the top national teams.  That's ridiculous about those teams.  Jenks having that mean is incredible.

Oh ok I see what you're saying.  And yeah that is pretty crazy, and it seems to be the norm in South Florida.  There's more legitimate D1 talent in 1 year down there than 5 years in the entire state of Arkansas.  The Arkansas coaching staff needs to continue making this area a priority in recruiting.  Look at what Dalvin Cook has done at FSU this year as a true freshman, and he didn't even start in high school.  He backed up Joe Yearby, who went to Da U.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 11, 2014, 05:30:04 pm

No, maybe a couple of them.  I meant to say 'on defense' but accidentally left it out because I got distracted by work.  They were the top team in the country that year I believe.
Ah.  That's darned impressive, an entire unit getting to go to the next level.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 11, 2014, 07:18:22 pm
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 11, 2014, 05:30:04 pm

Ah.  That's darned impressive, an entire unit getting to go to the next level.

Yeah, that particular Jenks team was unreal. If the mercy rule had been in effect they would have done it to every team, including the playoffs. I have a good friend who was a linebacker there and he showed me their film. It was a group of GAM's playing against boys.

PA Dad

I might debate you on that.  The 2011 PA team sent 7 or 8 players to D-1. They were never challenged either. They demolished Cabot.  They demolished Fayetteville in a scrimmage (I know, you say that doesn't count.  But, the Fayetteville coach was asked, after the game, if PA would lose a game that year and he replied "Yes, but only if PA does't show up."  PA finished the year ranked No. 1 in the state.  I think that's the only time a 4A team has done that.  I'd pay big money to see those two teams play.

PA Dad

This actually raises an interesting question that we could debate forever and never reach a resolution.  Does Kelley send so many players to D-1 because he starts with great athletes or because he "coaches them up" to D-1?

Lionheart88

The exposure PA gets can't hurt, and they'd probably have been college players anyway, by and large, but I don't doubt that his coaching helps.  Even if he "just" takes a guy from being offered by UCA to being offered by ASU that's a significant improvement.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Springdale '05 and it's not even close.

PA 2011 was the best PA team ever and it wasn't close.

I will not try to put words in Kevin's mouth, but he may have said that the junior high team is the best that has ever come through.  That's probably pretty likely. They really haven't been great in junior high until the last couple of years. Those seniors from 2011 team I think may have been 5-4 in junior high, but they all stayed together and developed big time plus had some really good players in the class behind them. Best weightroom group we ever had and probably the tightest knit group we had, which is probably the most underrated attribute of a great football team and the hardest to see from outside looking in.

PA Dad

December 11, 2014, 09:08:37 pm #112 Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:21:12 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: Coach DePriest, Harrison on December 11, 2014, 08:46:50 pm
Springdale '05 and it's not even close.

PA 2011 was the best PA team ever and it wasn't close.

I will not try to put words in Kevin's mouth, but he may have said that the junior high team is the best that has ever come through.  That's probably pretty likely. They really haven't been great in junior high until the last couple of years. Those seniors from 2011 team I think may have been 5-4 in junior high, but they all stayed together and developed big time plus had some really good players in the class behind them. Best weightroom group we ever had and probably the tightest knit group we had, which is probably the most underrated attribute of a great football team and the hardest to see from outside looking in.

I''m not sure the record of a junior high team is a good predictor of success in high school.  This year's seniors at PA were 4-5 in the 9th grade.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

I agree and I think that was one of the points of my post.

smurf

Time will tell...everyone has their opinion..but this nineth grade team has a chance to write their own piece of history! 4-5 and 5-4...this nineth grade team stays in the weight room also...None of us can get on the field for these boys but we will see...What's a good predictor of high school football if their on the field actions can't be used. Some players will develope into very good athletes but that is only some...

PA Dad

Smurf, I hope you are right.  I do think we have some very good athletes in the pipeline.  I just think it's too early to tell what their impact will be.

Hogskin

LR Central embarrassed that Springdale team. LR Central had legitimate D1 talent not just overhyped mommas boys. PA in2011 struggled to win state at thier own classification, were tied with the forth seed in the first round of playoffs at half without that 4 seed even having one college football player.Talent wise they were great but the no kickoff no punt philosophy they were very beatable like every year. I will be impressed when PA puts all thier sponsored players on defense and really could run through the state. If you have more then one D1 player in 5A ball and do not when state you are not doing a good job of coaching.

Overdahill

December 12, 2014, 06:44:57 am #117 Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 06:52:12 am by Overdahill
You need a fact check  if you believe PA 2011 struggled to win their classification 😄

Youngsta71701

-1, that whole team was Beast Mode! If they had a weak link the other teams couldn't find it.

Youngsta71701

December 12, 2014, 06:53:44 am #119 Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 07:19:05 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Hogskin on December 12, 2014, 03:03:13 am
LR Central embarrassed that Springdale team. LR Central had legitimate D1 talent not just overhyped mommas boys. PA in2011 struggled to win state at thier own classification, were tied with the forth seed in the first round of playoffs at half without that 4 seed even having one college football player.Talent wise they were great but the no kickoff no punt philosophy they were very beatable like every year. I will be impressed when PA puts all thier sponsored players on defense and really could run through the state. If you have more then one D1 player in 5A ball and do not when state you are not doing a good job of coaching.

It was the 2004 Springdale team that lost 30-21 to LR Central in the semifinals when Mustain broke his arm on the first play in the 2nd quarter. (I wouldn't exactly call that embarrasing). It was the 2005 Springdale team that went undefeated and thrashed everybody.

QB- Mitch Mustain
RB- Matt Clinkscales
WR- Damian Williams
OT- Bartley Webb
TE- Ben Cleveland
WR- Andrew Norman

MDXPHD

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 12, 2014, 06:53:44 am

How did LR Central embarrass that Springdale team when that Springdale team went undefeated that year ???

I'm confused about this too.  I don't think they had a game within 20 points, maybe even 30. 

Youngsta71701

December 12, 2014, 07:17:36 am #121 Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 07:20:23 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: MDXPHD on December 12, 2014, 07:07:44 am
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 12, 2014, 06:53:44 am

How did LR Central embarrass that Springdale team when that Springdale team went undefeated that year ???

I'm confused about this too.  I don't think they had a game within 20 points, maybe even 30.

I did a little research. See above.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/07/attention_getter_gus_malzahns.html

MDXPHD

So LR Central embarrassed the 04' team with a backup qb? Impressive, but I was talking about 05'. Makes sense now lol. 

wing

This was a great thread until someone started talking about PA's 9th grade class being better than Alabama. Can we get back on track?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 12, 2014, 07:37:12 am
So LR Central embarrassed the 04' team with a backup qb? Impressive, but I was talking about 05'. Makes sense now lol.

You were exactly right. Hoophawg was talking about 2004. He had us confused. lol

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

LR Central embarrassed that Springdale team.
As has already been shown, wrong team.  In 2005, Springdale mercy ruled every team except for West Memphis in the state championship game, which they only won by 34 because of a missed extra point.  That was a current 6A/7A schedule with non-conference games against Evangel (who won their state championship) and Jenks. 

PA in2011 struggled to win state at thier own classification, were tied with the forth seed in the first round of playoffs at half without that 4 seed even having one college football player.
You're thinking of 2012 when PA lost to Batesville in the semis.  In 2011, PA beat every team they played handily with the exception of having to make a second half comeback to beat Lake Hamilton, 38-28.  Besides Lake Hamilton, they mercy ruled every team except Nashville, so they did not struggle to win their own classification.

I will be impressed when PA puts all thier sponsored players on defense and really could run through the state. If you have more then one D1 player in 5A ball and do not when state you are not doing a good job of coaching.
They just won state, so I'm not sure what's not impressive.  I don't know if they had any "sponsored" players since I'm not there anymore, but that is a new concept. 

Gob-Fan

Coach....since you're on here.......any insight into next year's Goblins? Or anybody else?

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: Gob-Fan on December 12, 2014, 01:13:30 pm
Coach....since you're on here.......any insight into next year's Goblins? Or anybody else?
We lost a lot of really good players, including who I think was the best QB in the state.  We do return our starting RB, a WR, and 3 OL.  If we have a good off-season, I think our OL will be a strength of the team.  Our 9th grade group is very strong and should help in some key spots.

Defensively, I believe we return 4 starters: 2 DL, a LB, and a safety.  We've got some guys that will fill in nicely, and again, we will probably start some sophomores.

Our offensively identity will likely look closer to what it was in 2013 where we were more run/play-action oriented with the ability to be in 4- and 5-wide.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on December 11, 2014, 08:27:43 pm

I might debate you on that.  The 2011 PA team sent 7 or 8 players to D-1. They were never challenged either. They demolished Cabot.  They demolished Fayetteville in a scrimmage

PA was a really good team, but it wouldn't have been a game.  Springdale would have routed them. Both teams were fun to watch though. As Coach DePriest pointed out, the schedule for Springdale was brutal and it didn't matter.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 12, 2014, 04:17:09 pm

I might debate you on that.  The 2011 PA team sent 7 or 8 players to D-1. They were never challenged either. They demolished Cabot.  They demolished Fayetteville in a scrimmage

PA was a really good team, but it wouldn't have been a game.  Springdale would have routed them. Both teams were fun to watch though. As Coach DePriest pointed out, the schedule for Springdale was brutal and it didn't matter.

You and Coach are probably right, but I'd still pay good money to see them play.

PA Dad

December 12, 2014, 08:24:08 pm #130 Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 09:52:28 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: wing on December 12, 2014, 08:08:54 am
This was a great thread until someone started talking about PA's 9th grade class being better than Alabama. Can we get back on track?

We did get off topic, but I guess that's to be expected.  Trying to keep folks on topic is like trying to herd rabbits.

Please tell us about youR QB/RB prospects for next year.

Freight Train

December 12, 2014, 09:06:31 pm #131 Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 09:12:19 pm by Freight Train

No way Springdale routes  PA 2011... Both are great teams. PA mercy ruled every single team it played but Lake Hamilton. Damian Williams was a great player but all the others were just hype. None of them did anything in college. Put Ben Cleveland's stats next to Hunter Henry...it's not even close. Put Mustain next to Knighten in college. Tell me the last time a 4a team was declared number 1 team in the whole state? Ive been told by media people it's the first ever.

Intelligentsia

The Pioneers have three good tailbacks, Sr. Louis Sonnier, a tough north-south runner who played a lot the last half this season, Jr. Kylan Robinson, a quick & shifty player who played a lot and with added strength/maturity could have a great season, and sophomore Trey Ford, who led an undefeated Jr. High team - a real horse who loves contact and has some speed. I'm not certain about full-backs, but we seem to come up with a couple good ones each year.  BTW, Robinson was the leading rusher on the previous undefeated Jr.High team with over 1,900 yards!! 

MDXPHD

December 13, 2014, 07:11:36 am #133 Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 07:24:10 am by MDXPHD
Quote from: Freight Train on December 12, 2014, 09:06:31 pm

No way Springdale routes  PA 2011... Both are great teams. PA mercy ruled every single team it played but Lake Hamilton. Damian Williams was a great player but all the others were just hype. None of them did anything in college. Put Ben Cleveland's stats next to Hunter Henry...it's not even close. Put Mustain next to Knighten in college. Tell me the last time a 4a team was declared number 1 team in the whole state? Ive been told by media people it's the first ever.

They were number one because of who declared them number one, the Gazette.  The AP poll at the end of that year didn't rank them first. PA mercy ruled some terrible teams that year, including a Cabot team that won 3 games. In fact, Lake Hamilton was the only good team they played, and they struggled against them.  PA was really good that year, like I said, but they were nowhere near 05 Springdale.  Sorry, but ignore your bias and be a realistic football fan for a few minutes.   Don't get your feelings hurt, PA wouldn't have been able to hang with Springdale for more than a quarter, if that.  No reason to compare college stats, but since you brought it up, we might as well.  Mustain was 8-0 as a starter.. ;D Also, just for fun:

[2005] Springdale (AR) 46, [2011] Pulaski Academy (Little Rock, AR) 26 - calpreps (means nothing lol)

Okay, I won't talk about those two teams anymore because it's irrelevant.  It's frustrating when there is so much bias that it blocks logical thoughts.  No reason to debate this though.  You have your opinion and then everyone else has theirs ha. 

PercussionMan

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 13, 2014, 07:11:36 am
Quote from: Freight Train on December 12, 2014, 09:06:31 pm

They were number one because of who declared them number one, the Gazette.  The AP poll at the end of that year didn't rank them first. PA mercy ruled some terrible teams that year, including a Cabot team that won 3 games. In fact, Lake Hamilton was the only good team they played, and they struggled against them.  PA was really good that year, like I said, but they were nowhere near 05 Springdale.  Sorry, but ignore your bias and be a realistic football fan for a few minutes.   Don't get your feelings hurt, PA wouldn't have been able to hang with Springdale for more than a quarter, if that.  No reason to compare college stats, but since you brought it up, we might as well.  Mustain was 8-0 as a starter.. ;D Also, just for fun:

[2005] Springdale (AR) 46, [2011] Pulaski Academy (Little Rock, AR) 26 - calpreps (means nothing lol)

Okay, I won't talk about those two teams anymore because it's irrelevant.  It's frustrating when there is so much bias that it blocks logical thoughts.  No reason to debate this though.  You have your opinion and then everyone else has theirs ha. 

I would have to agree that the '05 Springdale team would win handily.  Where did they finish in the national rankings?  One poll at #2...one at #4?  I think that's right.

Hogskin

Yall are right to many blows to my head. I was confused and was a yr behind, referencing '04 LR Central and '12 PA . Point is still if you have 2 or more D1 players @ the 5A level and dont win state  you and your staff is doing a horrible job of coaching. Seeming PA had now 8 @ the 4A level

Hogskin

No one should have scored on them which might actually been impressive. Has PA ever won a State championship without D1 players on the roster? If so which year? Will we ever know if the system works with average talent? I personally  dont think we will ever know. PA is to rich in tradition to ever have a yr without talent and if they do then the sponsership program needs to be doing a better job. Im glad there is an option in Little Rock to send your kids who might want to excell in football keep it up  and rolling PA.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Let's make sure we are talking about scholarship D1 players here. On the 2011 PA team...
Seniors
QB Fredi Knighten, ASU
LG Jason King, Purdue
SS Jeremy Brady, Tulsa
FS Aum'Arie Wallace, UCA

Juniors
Hunter Henry, Arkansas

Sophomores
Tyler Colquitt, Arkansas (originally a walk-on)

Now in 2010 and 2011, those kids lost two games - Cabot and Shiloh.

Now, hogskin, before I jump to conclusions about what you are saying, you personally feel that the PA staff has done a "horrible job of coaching?"

Hogskin

Only If they DIDNT win state, but apparently they did. So great job coaching!!! How would yall hve done with Brocks #'s paired with Henry, Wallace, King, Colquit at RB, and Knighten on the field somewhere ,scary thought. Wasn' the QB in '12 also a D1 athlete? When did Broderick Green come over from Joe T?

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on December 12, 2014, 10:49:41 pm
The Pioneers have three good tailbacks, Sr. Louis Sonnier, a tough north-south runner who played a lot the last half this season, Jr. Kylan Robinson, a quick & shifty player who played a lot and with added strength/maturity could have a great season, and sophomore Trey Ford, who led an undefeated Jr. High team - a real horse who loves contact and has some speed. I'm not certain about full-backs, but we seem to come up with a couple good ones each year.  BTW, Robinson was the leading rusher on the previous undefeated Jr.High team with over 1,900 yards!!

It's good to see at least one poster back on topic!

Hogskin

Batesville and Morrilton won those other years not because they out played PA.They ran unheard of traditional skeems like punting, kicking off,  and running the ball to establish the line of scrimmage with most of the talent being on defense. Call it what you want.

Hogskin

All RB are back for Vilonia each with over 800 yds 10 TD last year. An accual D1 prospect will be feature back as a Soph. 6'1 223 4.5 kid 320 bench. Long way to go but hopefully will still be enrolled come Fall.

PA Dad

Quote from: Hogskin on December 13, 2014, 04:04:31 pm
All RB are back for Vilonia each with over 800 yds 10 TD last year. An accual D1 prospect will be feature back as a Soph. 6'1 223 4.5 kid 320 bench. Long way to go but hopefully will still be enrolled come Fall.

That sophomore sounds like a hoss!

Hogskin

Correction Soph is only 203 if he was 223 he would be on def somewhere. Unbelievable vision and great nak for pressing his hole at los. Will be fun to watch grow into elite RB. Other backs more scat with one projected to move to WR.

wing

Quote from: PA Dad on December 12, 2014, 08:24:08 pm
Quote from: wing on December 12, 2014, 08:08:54 am

We did get off topic, but I guess that's to be expected.  Trying to keep folks on topic is like trying to herd rabbits.

Please tell us about youR QB/RB prospects for next year.

You are correct about getting off topic. I'm a CF guy so Temprees has posted a good write up on our QB situation. CF should be solid at RB. Starting TB will return and if L. Reed starts at QB, K. Wilson could line up in the backfield as well and mix in a little Wildcat.

Hoophawg

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 11, 2014, 04:57:42 pm

Your ignorance is showing..just a heads up. You're still bitter that they left the razorbacks huh? It's okay, you can get over it.
nope I was glad when Mustain left because I knew he was awful.  He proved me right

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: Hogskin on December 13, 2014, 03:37:00 pm
Only If they DIDNT win state, but apparently they did. So great job coaching!!! How would yall hve done with Brocks #'s paired with Henry, Wallace, King, Colquit at RB, and Knighten on the field somewhere ,scary thought. Wasn' the QB in '12 also a D1 athlete? When did Broderick Green come over from Joe T?
Brock's #'s would have been great, but may have only been playing the first half with those weapons at his disposal, so I'm not sure that he would have had many more yards. 

PA's QB in '12 was Lawson Vassar.  I believe he walked on to play baseball at Arkansas last year, but he is no longer on the team.

As for the Broderick thing, I'm not sure how this applies to this situation, but I'll just let Robinson Coach Todd Eskola answer that question:
Quote from: coach eskola on February 20, 2006, 07:55:48 pm
Enough about the Broderick Green transfering thing already.  Get away from the board for a while and its amazing what you'll find on here.  To set the record straight according to several myths that I've read on here.  Broderick DID transfer to PA with, to my knowledge,  only his parents and brother recruiting him.  I did visit briefly with Coach Kelley on this transfer BEFORE it happened.  Broderick was not a member of our football team during that spring semester, but was and is a good kid who just needed a fresh start.  I am very proud of him and all that he has accomplished.  As for the CSAP, no I did not sign it, but I believe one of our administrators did.  I have been asked that question several times over the last few months and continue to give that answer. I am not a big poster on here, but that was beginning to get ridiculous, record straight.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

If you get another D1 player, you guys will win state...unless you do a horrible job of coaching.

PercussionMan

December 15, 2014, 05:51:01 pm #148 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 05:52:44 pm by PercussionMan
Quote from: Coach DePriest, Harrison on December 15, 2014, 03:35:43 pm
If you get another D1 player, you guys will win state...unless you do a horrible job of coaching.

Too many teams out there figure out how to stop that "Houdini multiple handoff scheme", and they stop Vilonia dead in their tracks.  If their coaching staff would work on how to really pass the ball effectively as much as they work on the running game, I could see Vilonia really compete for the West and make some noise in the playoffs.  Until then, there are just too many teams out there that have figured out how to stop their running game.  That's not a knock to them...it's a ground and pound style that works best when you're ahead in a game or behind by no more than two scores at any given time.

Hogskin

Your right if we get another one and this one stays put watch out. If we end up with two somehow  that would be double the amount in the history of the school and it would be on coaches to make run. Dont get your feelings hurt about the horrible coaching comments,im just jealous of all those athletes,  and wish they would just be a lil more tradtional in game planning because thats the only real chance teams have to beat them. I was just curious what year Green was there, couldnt remember who else was on those teams or if he was with that great group everyone mentions .Trying to recall if they ever had work horse at RB.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas