• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison's QB Brock Humphrey leads the entire State in passing yards.

Started by Go Postal, November 01, 2014, 08:55:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

Three year starter at QB for the Goblins.  This player should easily have 3000+ passing yards after Week 10 this season.  Three 6A teams and the 5A West teams will have seen this athlete this year before playoffs begin.  I wanted to share his timeline highlights for other 5A teams fans.  He has as of this posting today, 2938 passing yards with 37 TDs.  He also has as of this posting, 347 rushing yards with 6 TDs.  Still one more game to go before playoffs starts.

Click on the maxpreps link below...

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/brock-humphrey/jpexwyRJEeS00gAmVebEWg/default.htm

This thread is for all Arkansas high school fans from any school that enjoys seeing a outstanding athlete play.

Congratulations Brock on a fabulous season this year!

Comments are welcomed.

Rockhounds x2

Brock plays in a system that allows him to throw the ball a lot! He has a ton of weapons to throw the ball to who can break it all the way on any play! Also the line play this year has been much better especially after adjusting after the maumelle game. Brock is exciting to watch because you never know what he's going to do next!

Brock's a very talented kid and does a lot of great things and he has worked hard for what he's got! He's a joy to watch as are the rest of these boys! I'm gonna miss them!

Thanks for the thread Postal!

stayreddie

Kid sounds like a player. Hope to get to see him live during the playoffs at some point. Does anyone have any vitals? 40 time? Etc..

PercussionMan

I still think Harrison is dangerous to go against in the playoffs.  Are they going to end up with the #3 seed or the #2 seed?

Go Postal

I saw where that #2 PA QB verbal comment to Tulsa.  #3 Charleston QB verbal comment to Arkansas. ;) ;D

Complete Biased PoV

Let's analyze the stats posted last week. These numbers don't include last week's game for any of the three QBs.
Brock Humphrey 167 of 284 that's a completion percentage of 58.8% for 2523 yards and 32 TDs
Yards/attempt= 8.88 
Yards/completion= 15.11

Ty Storey    182 of 278 that's a completion percentage of 65.5% for 2415 yards and 31 TDs
yards/attempt= 8.68
yards/completion= 13.27

Will Hefley    171 of 233 that's a completion percentage of 73.4% for 2608 yards and 36 TDs 6 INTs
Yards/attempt= 11.19
Yards/completion= 15.25   

Point is...these are 3 pretty darn good QBs and you could throw Adam Dycus in there too from Mayflower.  But the passing yards isn't the only stat to be looked at.  I don't know the INTs for Brock or Ty...

Rockhounds x2

Brock threw 3 int's vs Vilonia one was a jump ball and one was a Hail Mary before the half! Before that he has 4 for the season! So a total of 7.

RamFan06

Watched the video and he looks good. His biggest obstacle is that 5'11" 170. Not a lot of bigger schools that will take a chance on a smaller QB. Even the D2 schools are shying away now, some will take a chance but he may need to go smaller school and prove himself first or walk on to get a shot.

The Coach

Brock is a heck of a baseball player to. As is his twin brother Hunter. Pretty good basketball players as well.

Jayepea

Grades? If good & wants to play collage ball no reason why he can't. Lots of teams be happy to have him.

Go Postal

RamFan, I was thinking the same thing on D1 colleges on height.  He needs to see over those tall 6+ to 7' players.  Hopefully his growth spurt has finished yet. ;)  Weight would be no problem because college coaches like to put weight on their prospects.  For instance, I remember Austin Tate telling my son, that even though I have the height, the Arkansas coaches wanted me to gain more weight.  Pasta for breakfast, pasta for lunch, then pasta and steak for dinner. ;)
Coach, I enjoy watching the Humphrey twins in basketball.  Though I don't get to see them in baseball (due to soccer season at the same time), I get texts and see the paper to see what is happening in Goblin baseball.  Even though Brock is getting kudos on this thread, both of the twins are great 3 sport athletes.  Enjoyable to watch as a fan.

Rockhounds x2

Jayepea:
Grades? If good & wants to play collage ball no reason why he can't. Lots of teams be happy to have him.

Both boys are taking 2 college classes this year. Algebra and English! They make very good grades and thank you!

Hoggy

I've heard great things about this QB.  Ashamed hes not 3 or 4 inches taller and 40 pounds heavier

Rockhounds x2

Hoggy:
I've heard great things about this QB.  Ashamed hes not 3 or 4 inches taller and 40 pounds heavier

What's the big deal about 3-4 inches taller? Either you can play the spot or you can't!

I'm sure you'd want a kid to be 6'2" or taller but there are lots of players proved that wrong!

fbisgreat

I'm pretty sure the Starting QB for Arkansas State is 5'10 he played at PA.So this kid has a chance.

PercussionMan

Drew Brees...6' tall; Russell Wilson...5'11" tall.  Both were solid college QBs.  I don't think height has everything to do with it...it helps, but the skill set, athleticism, and smarts on the field are most important.

ozarko

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 05, 2014, 05:08:06 pm
Drew Brees...6' tall; Russell Wilson...5'11" tall.  Both were solid college QBs.  I don't think height has everything to do with it...it helps, but the skill set, athleticism, and smarts on the field are most important.
[/b]

Both the QB and his twin are level-headed young men with a great competitive drive in any sport they play!  It's been fun to watch them over the years.  They're the kind of kids you want in your athletic program.

Jayepea

Rockhounds x2

Brock will be playing Football on Saturday's now for Baker College in Kansas! He is very excited and anxious to play at the next level!!!

Go Postal

Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on March 06, 2015, 07:40:03 am
Brock will be playing Football on Saturday's now for Baker College in Kansas! He is very excited and anxious to play at the next level!!!
Congratulations Brock!  I was the clerk that waited on his mom when she was mailing the paperwork to the college.  I shook her hand and congratulated her on having two outstanding sons.  Rockhounds x2, if you were there, I would have done the same to you.

Rockhounds x2

Go Postal:

--- Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on March 06, 2015, 07:40:03 am ---Brock will be playing Football on Saturday's now for Baker College in Kansas! He is very excited and anxious to play at the next level!!!

--- End quote ---
Congratulations Brock!  I was the clerk that waited on his mom when she was mailing the paperwork to the college.  I shook her hand and congratulated her on having two outstanding sons.  Rockhounds x2, if you were there, I would have done the same to you.

Thank you Sir!!

Slee0513

How about that Baugh kid from White Hall. Committed to play at UCA

Go Postal

Here is a copy/paste from today's paper.  One thing that I noticed is that the paper didn't have his rushing stats and TDs.  He is a great scrambling QB that can throw on the run.  Baker University has gotten a great athlete...

Humphrey signs to QB at Baker University

The quarterback is the leader of the offense, and most often, of the team as a whole.
Last week, Baker University got their leader of the future as Harrison Goblins senior quarterback Brock Humphrey signed a letter-of-intent to play for the Wildcats.
"Baker University has a great football program and was ranked No. 2 in the nation last year for a while in D-1 NAIA," Humphrey said of his decision to choose Baker University. "It has a nice campus and is close to Lawrence and Kansas City."
Humphrey isn't sure yet what he will major in while attending Baker University, but knows what he wants when his education is complete.
"After graduating college, I want to find a great job that fits me and hunt and fish all I can," he said.
Humphrey is the son of Jeff and Larissa Humphrey and has a twin brother named Hunter.
Brock will play the quarterback position at Baker University where he has starred at throughout his high school career.
Humphrey was a 3-year starter for the Goblins at quarterback.
Over the course of his Harrison career, Humphrey threw for 7,193 yards and 79 touchdowns.
During his senior season, Humphrey threw for 3,562 yards which ranked fourth in the state for passing yards. He completed 58 percent of his passes as he completed 238 out of 408 attempts.
Humphrey averaged 323.8 passing yards per game while throwing 44 touchdowns to just nine interceptions for a QB Rating of 113.8 during his senior season.
"I'm very prepared to play quarterback," Humphrey stated. "And, I plan on starting the first year."
Humphrey's confidence is something all great leaders display, but he also knows there are things he needs to continue to work on to be a better player.
"I need to keep lifting weights and getting bigger and stronger," he said when asked what he needs to work on to compete at the next level.
His passion for the game will see to it that he does everything he can to be the best player he can be.
"I love football because it's a true team game," Humphrey commented. "It's different than any other sport. Your team defines your season, not just one person. Football has taught me how to be a man and the situations I've been in will help me throughout life."
Humphrey is a 3-sport star for the Goblins as he has played a major role for both the baseball and basketball teams as well.
Along with being named All-State in football during his senior year, Humphrey was also selected to participate in the Arkansas High School Coaches Association All-Star Game which will be held on Friday, June 26, at Estes Stadium on the campus of the University of Central Arkansas.
Humphrey was also named an All-Conference player during the 2012-13 football season as well as an All-Conference selection in baseball for the 2013-14 seasons
When he moves on to Baker University, Humphrey knows there will be things he misses about high school.
"I will mainly miss my friends," he said. "Playing sports together all throughout the years.
"My favorite memory as a Goblin was this year's football game when we went to Morrilton," he continued. "We were in a rain delay for 2 hours and all of us were gathered up in the lockerroom having a rap battle before we started. Then, we went out there and whipped them by two or three touchdowns."
Humphrey also knows he has a lot of people to thank who have supported him throughout his high school career.
"I want to thank my family, teammates and coaches," he concluded. "I wouldn't have been successful without any of them."

side note:  Found his overall football stats, view them on the link below...

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/brock-humphrey/jpexwyRJEeS00gAmVebEWg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas