• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MVE vs Woodlawn

Started by Splash199, February 28, 2018, 06:58:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Splash199

Who ya got?  I'm taking Woodlawn in a shootout 88-85

Batman44

Haven't seen MVE this season, but if Woodlawn plays like they did the first half last night I'd say they win handily.

thebigman3

Batman44

Looking forward to the game!!

BossHogs

I want Woodlawn but I'm taking MVE.

bscinar

Woodlawn boys and Jasper girls may be the spoilers of this tournament.

Flobbito

I'm taking MVE, if you had told me that Adcock and Brantley would combine for 4 points last night, I would have guessed MVE would have lost by a bunch. Martin is capable of scoring 20+ on most nights, went off for 35ish yesterday. At least two others were in double figures. I know Woodlawn can run up and down and score a lot, if MVE gets caught up in that kind of game they may get beat. MVE has several capable of scoring inside or out, I think this will be a good game, but MVE gets it done. I see most people picking Woodlawn, what are the reasons y'all think they win?

thebigman3

Quote from: Flobbito on March 01, 2018, 08:47:17 am
I'm taking MVE, if you had told me that Adcock and Brantley would combine for 4 points last night, I would have guessed MVE would have lost by a bunch. Martin is capable of scoring 20+ on most nights, went off for 35ish yesterday. At least two others were in double figures. I know Woodlawn can run up and down and score a lot, if MVE gets caught up in that kind of game they may get beat. MVE has several capable of scoring inside or out, I think this will be a good game, but MVE gets it done. I see most people picking Woodlawn, what are the reasons y'all think they win?
Did Brantly play? The past few times he's played Guy or I have watched MVE play he plays about 1-3 minutes and sits back down.. he should be out there IMO. He adds another all handler to the court and MVE does not have another ball handler outside of Adcock.

deep purple

Flobbito

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 01, 2018, 08:54:22 am
Did Brantly play? The past few times he's played Guy or I have watched MVE play he plays about 1-3 minutes and sits back down.. he should be out there IMO. He adds another all handler to the court and MVE does not have another ball handler outside of Adcock.

Played late in the 4th, he's nursing a back injury.

thebigman3

Quote from: Flobbito on March 01, 2018, 08:59:14 am
Still? If he's still hurt from that then he probably needs to get checked out lol. Cause he hurt that before Guy played MVE at MVE..

Flobbito

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 01, 2018, 09:19:38 am
Still? If he's still hurt from that then he probably needs to get checked out lol. Cause he hurt that before Guy played MVE at MVE..

Yeah, sometimes back injuries are hard to shake.

J.D.

deep purple

Quote from: J.D. on March 01, 2018, 09:37:32 am
Homer lol
Lol. Made you a haircut appointment for 10am tomorrow 😉

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: Flobbito on March 01, 2018, 08:59:14 am
he is over the back injury. his coach doesnt like him and doesnt think point guards should shoot. Heard from a very reliable source

Blueway

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 01, 2018, 11:19:18 am
he is over the back injury. his coach doesnt like him and doesnt think point guards should shoot. Heard from a very reliable source
You’re reliable source is wrong lol. If that was true then adcock wouldn’t be PG

BW2015

Don't believe everything you hear!

thebigman3

I actually heard the same story tbh..

Flobbito

Maybe so, but this seems unlikely to me.  They won too many games with him starting, just to say now, during state playoffs, that to teach the kid a lesson in humility he won't be starting; especially when your job security is predicated upon winning games.  Brantley's are some pretty good folks, his mom works in the school system as well, and Coach Z seems to be more laissez faire than Rodgers was.  Still, I guess that could be the case.

thebigman3

Quote from: Flobbito on March 01, 2018, 01:12:26 pm
Maybe so, but this seems unlikely to me.  They won too many games with him starting, just to say now, during state playoffs, that to teach the kid a lesson in humility he won't be starting; especially when your job security is predicated upon winning games.  Brantley's are some pretty good folks, his mom works in the school system as well, and Coach Z seems to be more laissez faire than Rodgers was.  Still, I guess that could be the case.
Nooooooo this isn't just now starting... been happening since first round of district.. and before that. and I do know for a fact he told the kid true point guards don't shoot. May not have been those exact word, butt along the lines.

Flobbito

Quote from: thebigman3 on March 01, 2018, 01:16:24 pm
Nooooooo this isn't just now starting... been happening since first round of district.. and before that. and I do know for a fact he told the kid true point guards don't shoot. May not have been those exact word, butt along the lines.

Okay, maybe not juuuust starting, the first game of District was just over two weeks ago, since they have been playing since October it doesn't seem like stretch to say it is recent.  I've also heard (read) other people (on here only) say what I have in bold, but I don't count this website as a reliable source, especially in these sorts of reports.  Maybe you know the kid and he's told you himself, I don't know, still seems like this tournament isn't the place to hold out one of your best players just because you want to teach him a lesson.  That kind of pettiness gets you beat.

thebigman3

Quote from: Flobbito on March 01, 2018, 01:25:57 pm
Okay, maybe not juuuust starting, the first game of District was just over two weeks ago, since they have been playing since October it doesn't seem like stretch to say it is recent.  I've also heard (read) other people (on here only) say what I have in bold, but I don't count this website as a reliable source, especially in these sorts of reports.  Maybe you know the kid and he's told you himself, I don't know, still seems like this tournament isn't the place to hold out one of your best players just because you want to teach him a lesson.  That kind of pettiness gets you beat.
Hey, I agree with you! I think the kid should be playing! Give him some experience in the tournament as well. He did start out the season starting, but ever since the back injury he has not played very much at all. Heck, in regionals the coach put him in and got mad at him for taking a shot before halftime! Why?! It wasn't even a bad shot! Maybe he's one of them "pass the ball 7 times before a shot" type coach.

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: Blueway on March 01, 2018, 12:07:38 pm
You're reliable source is wrong lol. If that was true then adcock wouldn't be PG
Well, you know mve people aren't very reliable anyways

baseball13

If Woodlawn is hitting 3's then I have Woodlawn in a thriller. If Woodlawn is having an off night then I will say MVE in a blowout fashion.

gilesman2333

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 01, 2018, 01:38:05 pm
Well, you know mve people aren't very reliable anyways

And you and people from west side are?

Thunderbird88

Quote from: Blueway on March 01, 2018, 12:07:38 pm
You're reliable source is wrong lol. If that was true then adcock wouldn't be PG
His source is spot on I heard from the source. I will give odds he won't be back at MVE next year also. ;)

Blueway

Quote from: Thunderbird88 on March 01, 2018, 02:03:54 pm

His source is spot on I heard from the source. I will give odds he won't be back at MVE next year also. ;)
You're right. Ig you know the people involved better than I do  ::)

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: Blueway on March 01, 2018, 03:29:09 pm
You're right. Ig you know the people involved better than I do  ::)
Them warhawks sure do think they know everything. One thing they don't know is how to win a state title. Maybe they can change that

thebigman3

Quote from: Thunderbird88 on March 01, 2018, 02:03:54 pm

Cause he is going to Rosebud..

hooperfromwestside

Safe to say Woodlawn didn't deserve to be here

eamo8911

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 01, 2018, 09:06:30 pm
Safe to say Woodlawn didn't deserve to be here

They won twice.  Of course they do.

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: eamo8911 on March 01, 2018, 09:07:45 pm
They won twice.  Of course they do.
I know several teams that should be in it besides them.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 01, 2018, 09:17:04 pm
Theirs a slot available for every team in Quad A. If you think your team deserved  to be in the Elite 8 and thought it was the easiest route. Should have placed your self there... remember the winner of this game gets Kirby, or ICC. It's not exactly a cake walk to the finals past the number 1 and 2 teams in state.

silkysober

3 technicals #WOODLAWNPROUD 😂

thebigman3

Quote from: hooperfromwestside on March 01, 2018, 09:17:04 pm
Honestly wish Concord could have made it just to represent region 3 and make it more interesting. But glad they didn't beat Guy lol.

hooperfromwestside

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 01, 2018, 09:40:07 pm
Theirs a slot available for every team in Quad A. If you think your team deserved  to be in the Elite 8 and thought it was the easiest route. Should have placed your self there... remember the winner of this game gets Kirby, or ICC. It's not exactly a cake walk to the finals past the number 1 and 2 teams in state.
Now now, all I was saying is that I think there are teams that deserve to be in this thing right now but had to play in a tougher region.

J.D.

Quote from: bscinar on February 28, 2018, 08:15:48 pm
Woodlawn boys and Jasper girls may be the spoilers of this tournament.

Good call

Fleaflicker

Quote from: J.D. on March 01, 2018, 11:41:35 pm
Good call
This is what happens when I throw some picks and make predictions
😂😂😂

baseball13

Quote from: baseball13 on March 01, 2018, 01:39:06 pm
If Woodlawn is hitting 3's then I have Woodlawn in a thriller. If Woodlawn is having an off night then I will say MVE in a blowout fashion.

told yall

Flobbito

Quote from: baseball13 on March 02, 2018, 06:59:20 am
told yall

Does Woodlawn normally stick to the 3 that much?  They got a lot to fall, but missed a lot more.  3's and free throws were most of their points.

baseball13

That is Woodlawns offence. Work the ball around pass it down low just to kick it back out for a 3. Like I said if they are hitting they will hang around and find a way to win but if they are not hitting then its going to get ugly fast because they have no other offence.

BW2281

DOWN GOES WOODLAWN, DOWN DOES WOODLAWN!  MVE is strong and playing for something this year! 

BossHogs

Quote from: BW2281 on March 02, 2018, 08:20:25 am
DOWN GOES WOODLAWN, DOWN DOES WOODLAWN!  MVE is strong and playing for something this year!
Woah calm down lol. This isn't baseball. Woodlawn was supposed to lose.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas