• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who are the front runner next year

Started by Gr3yhounds, December 04, 2016, 04:50:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gr3yhounds

I know we have awhile to go but who is most likely going to be a force next year

BAMA#16

Quote from: Gr3yhounds on December 04, 2016, 04:50:28 pm
I know we have awhile to go but who is most likely going to be a force next year
Piggott

CapnObvious

Warriors023

Charleston looses ALOT to graduation this year. About 95% of starters will be gone, I think it's just Sean and one other, his name doesn't come to mind, returning next year

Warriors023

There may be more, but those 2 are the only difference makers that I saw this year

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Warriors023 on December 04, 2016, 07:00:44 pm
There may be more, but those 2 are the only difference makers that I saw this year

Wisdom...

Warriors023

It was my understanding that wisdom was a senior, but if he's younger make that 3

adaptedtigerfan

Monsta

Jc will be because they were mainly Jr and Soph last year..should be way better then this years team

sprained ankle

jay nelvin

Prescott will be in the hunt for the next several years.  Lots of good football players in the pipeline. 

CoolBreeze

December 04, 2016, 10:01:47 pm #11 Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 10:05:42 pm by CoolBreeze
Quote from: CapnObvious on December 04, 2016, 06:40:57 pm
Chucktown .
You lived up to your name on this one, Capn.

Also, discussion on anther thread indicates that both Newport and Rivercrest were both young this year and should be stronger next year.

thedirtye

Prescott emptys the chamber at graduation but when August rolls around. Itll be reloaded as always

ISU7

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 04, 2016, 10:01:47 pm
You lived up to your name on this one, Capn.

Also, discussion on anther thread indicates that both Newport and Rivercrest were both young this year and should be stronger next year.
You are correct.  Also with Osceola getting a new coach and maybe their star running back who was ineligible this season, they could be in the hunt. 3-3A May be like the 5-3A was this season.  Only God knows

AlumniLights

I bet Charleston puts SMF at QB and lets him touch the ball EVERY play next year. Probably not a bad idea.

ChucktownTiger

Charleston will have a lot of shoes to fill, especially on the D side of the ball. We'll still have some pretty big weapons on O. Hopefully Ross will come in and settle into the QB spot nicely. We should be just fine.

RowdyReputation40

Prescott will definitely be in the mix. Lose some on both sides but a bunch of young ones have played a lot. Like he said, they'll reload

Warriors023

For Lamar, next year is riding on this new class of sophomores that are coming up. Lots of talent, for sure in the trenches. If they adapt well, we could be very well in the hunt for the 1 or 2 seed. If not, it'll be another 3 or 4 year. Can't wait to see this team when those boys are juniors and seniors though, they'll be loaded with size and athletes

Made

Quote from: ISU7 on December 05, 2016, 06:55:09 am
You are correct.  Also with Osceola getting a new coach and maybe their star running back who was ineligible this season, they could be in the hunt. 3-3A May be like the 5-3A was this season.  Only God knows

When did this happen?

Big Country

Quote from: ISU7 on December 05, 2016, 06:55:09 am
???????? Osceola getting a new coach ......what happened to their Coach ?

Made

Jimbo Morphis

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Monsta on December 04, 2016, 08:04:51 pm
Jc will be because they were mainly Jr and Soph last year..should be way better then this years team
Shocked

CoolBreeze

HA should be stronger next year. Will have had a year to get use to new coaches and new system. Like some others who have been mentioned, they don't ordinarily rebuild--they reload. Look for them to retake control of the 2-3A next year and compete to go deeper into the playoffs.

Proud Buckaroo

Fordyce, McGehee and Smackover may be tough next year. McGehee had a talented sophomore group that has worked out the growing pains of senior ball. They should bodewell as long as they all stick together. Fordyce JR high was very solid. Biggest JR team I've seen in a while. Smackover should do pretty well theirself. Very talented JR high coming up. Plus the role players for this year will be seniors and juniors. Rucks, white, Corbin, Peyton and Javon will be even better next year.

Headhunter15

Smackover has always been good. Can never be consistent and execute to get over the hump and be at the elite level come playoff time. It's getting annoying seeing all the talent get wasted year in and year out and having to settle for yeah first and or second round exit out the playoffs with a 7-5 record. The front runner will obviously be the winner of the state championship game next year until they get beat by a 3A opponent. Im rooting for the wolves to get them a much needed one after getting closer and closer . I believe this is the year for them!!!

BAMA#16

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 05, 2016, 01:11:19 pm
Charleston will have a lot of shoes to fill, especially on the D side of the ball. We'll still have some pretty big weapons on O. Hopefully Ross will come in and settle into the QB spot nicely. We should be just fine.
Lose 8 on D and 6 on O, I believe.

ISU7

Quote from: Made on December 05, 2016, 01:49:28 pm
When did this happen?
Has happen yet but I was told by fans who has players on the team that they will have a new coach next season.  Stand by.👆

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Headhunter15 on December 06, 2016, 10:46:08 pm
Smackover has always been good. Can never be consistent and execute to get over the hump and be at the elite level come playoff time. It's getting annoying seeing all the talent get wasted year in and year out and having to settle for yeah first and or second round exit out the playoffs with a 7-5 record. The front runner will obviously be the winner of the state championship game next year until they get beat by a 3A opponent. Im rooting for the wolves to get them a much needed one after getting closer and closer . I believe this is the year for them!!!

Only one solution for that problem, man....

BAMA#16

Headhunter15

dirtysteve

Fordyce will be good next year. should win conference again.

snoopy22

No particular order, but 14 good teams next year.  Probably a few more out there too.

1.  Prescott
2.  Haskell Harmony Grove
3.  Piggott
4.  Rivercrest
5.  Newport
6.  McGehee
7.  Junction City
8.   Fordyce
9.   Smackover
10.  Fouke
11.  Glen Rose
12.  Centerpoint
13.  Harding Academy
14.  Charleston

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: Warriors023 on December 04, 2016, 06:59:16 pm
Charleston looses ALOT to graduation this year. About 95% of starters will be gone, I think it's just Sean and one other, his name doesn't come to mind, returning next year

On O we will have some Weapons. Flanagan Wisdom and Ketter will return. Then you have Brayden C that caught a big touchdown pass in the state game. He'll be a jr. You retain a Lineman maybe two. I think we'll be just fine on O, in fact pretty dang good. The biggest question will be at QB.

Defense is taking a hit. You lose your entire from 7 but the good thing is you retain your secondary. We should have some good guys moving on on the line. I'm intrested to see the ends and who takes over there. Those guys kept contain and played great this year. However I'm most interested in the LB position. That was a good solid group of LBs.

In conclusion I think the O will move right along and even though there's some big shoes to fill on D, I think Stew will have the guys right where they need to be.

ToughGuy91

Quote from: snoopy22 on December 12, 2016, 09:00:54 pm
No particular order, but 14 good teams next year.  Probably a few more out there too.

1.  Prescott
2.  Haskell Harmony Grove
3.  Piggott
4.  Rivercrest
5.  Newport
6.  McGehee
7.  Junction City
8.   Fordyce
9.   Smackover
10.  Fouke
11.  Glen Rose
12.  Centerpoint
13.  Harding Academy
14.  Charleston
Yes 3A will be filled with good teams across the state next year.

jay nelvin

Quote from: ToughGuy91 on December 13, 2016, 09:03:15 am
Yes 3A will be filled with good teams across the state next year.
Looks like it could be wide open, with no clear favorite.  If Piggott figures out how to play solid defense, they could be a viable contender IMO. 

BAMA#16

Quote from: jay nelvin on December 13, 2016, 11:57:50 am
Looks like it could be wide open, with no clear favorite.  If Piggott figures out how to play solid defense, they could be a viable contender IMO.
I think Pigott will be a dark horse next year, very well could make a deep run.

whippersnapper

The 3-3A as a whole with Rcrest, Piggott and Newport will be pretty tough.

Carljung

1. Prescott
2. Rivercrest
3. Haskell
4. Newport
5. Fordyce
6. Piggott
7. McGehee

fbisgreat

I would not count Charleston out just yet they have a few good players back.Plus they have 3 new tranfers in already 2 linemen that should start next year plus a pretty good kicker in fact he made a 30 yard field goal to win some ice cream sat night.

Captain Oblivion

Quote from: fbisgreat on December 14, 2016, 06:47:45 pm
I would not count Charleston out just yet they have a few good players back.Plus they have 3 new tranfers in already 2 linemen that should start next year plus a pretty good kicker in fact he made a 30 yard field goal to win some ice cream sat night.
They would be in my top 7 or 8, but their problem is gonna be the qb position.

jay nelvin

Quote from: Captain Oblivion on December 14, 2016, 06:49:24 pm
They would be in my top 7 or 8, but their problem is gonna be the qb position.
I would be working with SMF now until next season at QB.

WPWells

Caudle, one of the receivers who caught a touchdown saturday, was the backup this year

GBattack

Jay, I think he'd be pretty good at QB but I think he wants to play the positions he could be recruited at... not positive...

YC

December 14, 2016, 09:16:20 pm #44 Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 09:40:33 pm by IofthaTiger
I'm betting Coach K already has a plan in place on how he will handle the QB situation for next year. I have no idea what that plan is but I see four options he could take and SMF is one of the four, but I don't see him going that route.

The 2nd option(and most unlikely) is Wisdom at QB and go back to the wing-t/wing-slot. He does have some experience at QB and would run those formations just as the Shelby brothers in 2008 and 2011 (he is cut from that same mold).

The 3rd option would be the Ross kid coming up from the freshman team. He is a big strong kid with a strong arm and extremely accurate as long as he can set up in the pocket. If he has to move around he is slow afoot and his accuracy goes down considerably.

The 4th option (and the one I think we will see—of course I could be wrong) is the Caudle kid. He is an inch taller, 20 pounds heavier and faster than Rowland. He was the back-up last year and only saw mop-up duty. Under coach K the mop-up QB only hands the ball off to running backs. During preseason he looked to have a strong and accurate arm and ran the ball very well. I think he will do well if he gets the chance.

I'm really more concerned with the line and linebackers more than I am quarterback.

The Dynasty

Charleston will have a Sophomore QB next year that will do just fine.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: WPWells on December 14, 2016, 08:56:45 pm
Caudle, one of the receivers who caught a touchdown saturday, was the backup this year

Candle will probably be DE/receiver next year

ChucktownTiger

I agree, gotta get some good LB. Had a pretty solid group this year. IMO the line may not get better next year but I really don't see it dropping off any.

KOJACK

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 15, 2016, 09:01:19 am
Good luck with that... ::)

fbisgreat

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 15, 2016, 09:01:19 am
That better not happen Caudle is a lot better.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas