• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

#22 Woodlawn

Started by Woodlawn#1, September 03, 2006, 06:28:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodlawn#1

Woodlawn finally gets some of the respect they deserve! This Friday undefeated Woodlawn plays winless Rison! Go Bears, get a Cat!!! Hooten's rocks!

RisonRacingFan

Hooten's Rocks???

You been on that bottle again? :D

Woodlawn#1

You're just mad cause they ain't got Rison in the top five no more! You gonna be at Woodlawn Friday?

RisonRacingFan

I'll be there...And Rison is in the Top 5

In fumbles :(

Woodlawn#1

Ha! Thanks in advance for the presents!

mmhmm

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: Woodlawn#1 on September 03, 2006, 06:28:40 pm
Hooten's rocks!

Man, I fell out laughing when I read this! Congrats on breaking the top 25, but Hooten's is not that good. ;D Hopefully they won't drop Woodlawn back out when we beat them this Friday. ;)

jeb

what does woodlawn JR boy's look like?  can I get a score prediction on Woodlawn/Rison Sr boy's game

RisonRacingFan

One team will win...one team will lose..theres your prediction :D

woodlawndad

Quote from: Rison Tradition on September 03, 2006, 10:31:09 pm
One team will win...one team will lose..theres your prediction :D

The one who scores the most,  WILL WIN the game........ ;D

HIT MAN

If woodlawn passes the ball they will win by 20 if they keep it all on the ground woodlawn will win by 3.

CardinalFootball

I'm glad to hear Coach Glover has Woodlawn on the rise. As long as they him as their head coach they have a chance against anybody in 2A.

MikeThrel

Quote from: Woodlawn#1 on September 03, 2006, 06:28:40 pm

This Friday undefeated Woodlawn plays winless Rison! Go Bears, get a Cat!!!

So, there is something new under the sun......

woodlawndad

Quote from: HIT MAN on September 04, 2006, 09:33:16 am
If woodlawn passes the ball they will win by 20 if they keep it all on the ground woodlawn will win by 3.

What happens if Rison passes ? ? ? ? ?

46counterblast

woodlawn should be right around the 20's maybe just inside the 20's no better than 14 with only one lost at week 10.

da_analyzer

who do ya'll play at week 10?

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: da_analyzer on September 05, 2006, 09:53:28 am
who do ya'll play at week 10?

Not sure which team you're talking to, but Rison plays Lake Village that Thursday, and the next day Woodlawn plays Marvell. Rison vs. Lake Village is on my birthday! 8)

bearpapa

Quote from: woodlawndad on September 04, 2006, 02:53:31 pm
Quote from: HIT MAN on September 04, 2006, 09:33:16 am

What happens if Rison passes ? ? ? ? ?

They're just like Woodlawn.  It'll be ugly for both sides if they have to pass.   :-[

O Shucky

Woodlawn is definitely improving, and will continue to do so under Coach Glover, but to get excited about Hootens rankings is about like asking a two year old to predict the winner.  It's pointless.  Don't forget Parkers Chapel and Dermott were ranked ahead of Woodlawn last week, (and all of south Arkansas knew that was a joke except the two schools themselves).  Hootens has no clue about most 2A football.  They know a little about some of the top contenders and players year in and year out, but nothing more.  However, I will admit it is fairly interesting to watch them try to predict and games and compile new rankings.  Generally they are only good for giving good teams bulletin board material and bad teams false hope.  Which brings me to my next point.

I applaud Woodlawn fans for their support and hope they will continue to encourage those guys who are working hard to continue turning a program with little success around.  But my point is this, not that Rison will need motivation after losing to Fordyce but do not give Totty any more bulletin board material for his traditionally solid football team.  All it takes is a few ignorant victory guaruntees or errant, "you guys suck, and we are awesome" comments, and more motivation to beat Woodlawn is there.  Keep your post to a minimum and your boasting at nil, and let the boys take care of business on Friday.  Totty is not stupid, he knows which direction Woodlawn is going, Glover is the proof and guaruntee Woodlawn is closing the gap.  But even Glover knows that doesn't happen over night.  

Anything could happen that is why you play the games!  And I for one will be pulling for a strong showing from Woodlawn that will grow confidence for the rest of the season.

bearpapa

wildcat_x-mgr

woodlawndad

Welcome to the board O Shucky.  Looks like they're a couple of newbies on here today.

Welcome aboard also CoachGFan.

By the way,  Great first post O Shucky............

+1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas